No more hunting at Twin Peaks?

Do you approve of the new turrets outside Twin Peaks?

• Yes, I like to trade undisturbed!

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • No, I prefer to shoot things without going anywhere!

Votes: 57 50.9%

• Total voters

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
A few updates ago FPC decided to put a couple of turrets just outside the ampitheatre area east of Twin, thus stopping the semi-regular argonaut invasions of Twin we used to know and love - or perhaps not. Who misses the argo raids?

I do believe that mob trains as such are acctually against the rules to do. (correct me if im wrong)

so i have no complaints with the turrets being added, personally when i come to twins, i dont come there to hunt :)

Well, the raids usually seemed pretty spontaneous to me - but I could be wrong of course.

I've always been a fan of the Twin Peaks raids :thumbup:

I think it used to add a bit of excitement, Its a shame that MA stopped the MOB trains. Yes, I miss them

I do believe that mob trains as such are acctually against the rules to do. (correct me if im wrong)

Only if done repetedly.... or against a single person

I must say that I am one of those people who is happy about the addition... There are few things more annoying when low-budget argo hunting than being mobtrained and killed and/or getting extra armor decay... :(

Mob trains pre-vu9 @ camp

Shame I've seen the pics of this happening, mob trains @ twins. Havent personally experienced it myself thou...but then again it can be done nearly anywhere, even if there are turrets :laugh: it still doesnt stop ppl trying thats for sure. If there are enough mobs the turret cant shot them all at once and cannot keep up. I have a pic from VU9 when someone sent the biggest mob train at swamp camp man now that was exciting, ppl were dying inside the revive place cause the mobs could somehow hit you from the outside :D. Here ya go 4 ur viewing pleasure: ;)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Tried to take the pic as fast as it happened :D so as you can see the turret couldnt kill them all and kept dying a lot, these were good times back in VU9. Theyre also 2 completely different instances I think..?? Does anyone rememeber when this happened, where you actually there? Where you a victim of this calamity at swamp camp pre vu10? Post your comments Im sure this will stay on topic with a little something added. :D
PS. Had these pics on HDD for a long time thought they could be seen by all. If I'm not mistaken the guy with the black outfit and mowhawk haircut was the guy who tried to unlock Power Catalyst I've seen that thread on here somewhere about him achieving this great feat, shame I dont have the link thou. Sry if this seems a lil off-topic since its not about twin peaks but it is about mob trains either way enjoy :).

Mark.

Last edited:
i dont think argo raids are impossible with the new turrets just a little harder, there are many paths into twin.

hih

exciting when someone drags all those argonauts to twin :)) i even had one global that way ^^

I think the guy with the mohawk is madsheep, but my memory may be failing. I unlocked power catalyst standing in almost the same spot he is in that first pic.

I like to raid your mom! :eek:
And now i can no longer drag her into town since the towers are there and stops me :(

*giggles* lets see if...

I think the guy with the mohawk is madsheep, but my memory may be failing. I unlocked power catalyst standing in almost the same spot he is in that first pic.

Then I think it was you, who posted that thread about PC :) grats and ty for posting too.

Who misses the argo raids?

Not me to be honest (Pic taken a few months ago, hence the snow)

However, congratulations to Dan Petrov for hitting 8835 Ped on his Argo Young today.

:)

Not me to be honest (Pic taken a few months ago, hence the snow)

However, congratulations to Dan Petrov for hitting 8835 Ped on his Argo Young today.

:)

Hey awesome picture there mega.. could you arrange that mob train to head towards twins when im there ideally I've nvr seen it happen :( apparently one happened today but servers crashed also..? Grats to petrov btw saved best till last :)

The only reason your not seeing as many raids anymore is not because of the torrents ;) (there are still ways to get past em). My guess for the recent lack of mob invasions in Twins is that the mob runners are "mostly" just a little distracted with new planets and missions at the moment ;)

The only reason your not seeing as many raids anymore is not because of the torrents ;) (there are still ways to get past em). My guess for the recent lack of mob invasions in Twins is that the mob runners are "mostly" just a little distracted with new planets and missions at the moment ;)

:rofl: :lolup:

A few updates ago FPC decided to put a couple of turrets just outside the ampitheatre area east of Twin, thus stopping the semi-regular argonaut invasions of Twin we used to know and love - or perhaps not. Who misses the argo raids?

well I sometimes hunt at twins but I don`mind about the turrets and I prefer to trade in a save environment.

Back