NW's EU Assistant (Pre-alpha Discussion)

Subscribing as well.

I recently recieved some PMs from some people familiar with C++ to join the project, considering I've been away for a while, It threw me, I expected to enjoy my vacation :eek: :laugh:

With the prototype just about done, and the launcher the same (Till Darkwulfe decided to add a fully user editable websites menu) :silly2:

I have a fair few changes myself, which Darkwulfe was able to upload to my development machine, I can't upload them to the svn at the moment... Because as luck would have it, my modem died :laugh:
And it'll cost $300 for another one :laugh: (and another $300 to exit the contract (because it was a rip off anyway) and another $300 to switch to another provider (not that Vivid Wireless is worth switching to at the moment :laugh:))
And my EU account got locked again :laugh: oh this just gets better and better :laugh:

We find ourselves bearing down on our c++ guys with torches and pitchforks ;)

Oh, I've had our graphic artist making some artwork for the program, but none of the work is on the svn at the moment (see comment above the last one)

*cough*
Being away from the net for the better part of a few months was a pain in the proverbial.
*cough*

And as for when it'll be finished, The last time I checked it was looking to be sometime next year, or late this year. Time as they say will tell...

We've had many delays, but it's time for them to end.

- Nightwolf

Nightwolf should be creating a developer twitter account shortly, so questions can be asked and answered, in the meantime, use the hashtag #nweuassist.

Edit: You can also reply to the new dev account FembotNWC, which should be mostly me :)

That said, Nightwolf has told me that he is supposed to be taking a break of computers, computer games and the internet because of his internet & video gaming addiction...

I'm picking up the rest of the project while Nightwolf recovers, If anyone has sent emails/PMs to Nightwolf regarding the project and they get a response from me instead, that will be why. ;)

Progress report:
  • Currently waiting to hear back from a C++ developer that Nightwolf has been in contact with, he knows who he is ;) Supposedly has a fair bit of experience.
  • The main screen for the launcher application is just about done. I only have to fiddle with the image I've used.
  • All INI and LOG files have been moved to a folder in the application data [X:/Users/USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/Nytewolf_Creations/EUAssist] by default on Vista, 2008 server and 7.
  • I've got someone working on an offline help file, once that is done, he'll get started on an online version.
  • Started (planning) a mono based branch, perfect for linux users. This only applies to the launcher application.
  • Stage 1 (Launcher application) is nearly finished, stage 2 (Fullscreen work) will begin once the (new) c++ dev group is ready. Wayyyy behind schedule....

Last edited:
More requests to join the project, some seem to be from people from the pirate software capital of the world... I shan't name it, to speak of it is to invoke Suitool :eek: Lootius's dark half, a DDoS on my server and the svn crashing again.

However, the great wall of Nightwolf is made of stronger stuff...

Project has been cancelled

Due to personal reasons beyond my control, I'll have to cancel the project. I can't go into the reasons I'm afraid, not in a public forum :(

Checkout the following url (using TortoiseSVN) to download the (mostly) recent code:

https://nweuassist.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nweuassist/trunk

I'll upload a file to my Sourceforge project's FRS (file release system) that contains the above changes, and won't require you to download a Subversion client like TortoiseSVN once I can do so.

EUStats, which was going to be a part of it, will not necessarily be affected by it...

Last edited:
Sad to hear. Hope the RL issues aren't too crazy.

Good luck and thanks for the effort.

yes sad to hear but it's open source i guess so someone can take over :)

Sorry totally noob question how to make it work? What steps I need to go through to make it work like old PE assistant :)
The truth? The C++/directx guys I'd hired never released their work, and the guys I'd replaced them with didn't respond back when questioned.
It may have been partly my fault, as I failed to properly document what had to be done in a timely fashion, but still :(
While the launcher may work, the toolbox was only designed as a concept for the C++ (directx) devs to implement into a working one.
Alas, without the toolbox done, thanks to the above, the Launcher is just a shell.
So... The actual toolbox overlay would need to be programmed by someone/some people with the know-how to do so. Knowledge of directx hijacking would be required.

The truth? The C++/directx guys I'd hired never released their work, and the guys I'd replaced them with didn't respond back when questioned.
It may have been partly my fault, as I failed to properly document what had to be done in a timely fashion, but still :(
While the launcher may work, the toolbox was only designed as a concept for the C++ (directx) devs to implement into a working one.
Alas, without the toolbox done, thanks to the above, the Launcher is just a shell.
So... The actual toolbox overlay would need to be programmed by someone/some people with the know-how to do so. Knowledge of directx hijacking would be required.

Ok I didnt quite follow that one so basicly I'm going to have to wait till someone will program the actual toolbox overlay.. Fine by me.. :laugh:

Last time I asked about this, the answer was "more or less".

Now its all over and the final version has been posted is there at least functionality available to get access access to the game screen.... eg so, for example, the program could be converted into a screen shot grabber?

This stuff about "the c++" guys not delivering makes me think perhapse not? Or was it just overlay functionality you couldn't get out of them?

Wistrel

Last time I asked about this, the answer was "more or less".

Now its all over and the final version has been posted is there at least functionality available to get access access to the game screen.... eg so, for example, the program could be converted into a screen shot grabber?

This stuff about "the c++" guys not delivering makes me think perhapse not? Or was it just overlay functionality you couldn't get out of them?

Wistrel

OK so I finally got round to looking at this a little last night. From first looks theres stuff here, seems skeletons in place for various bits of functionality but it looks like screen shot stuff is intercepting alt+printscreen and saving the image from copy/paste...

Is this literally all there is for getting access to what is being displayed on screen?

There seems to be a bunch of stuff todo with directx hooks but nothing (intitally) leaped out at me as being something that would get you access to what is drawn on screen...

I would pm but there is no pm option on nightwolf for some reason.

Wistrel

Sadly, I've had experiences...

Sadly, I've had experiences in the last year, from certain members of the community that have made me want little, if anything to do with the community.

This account is (barely) used, I want nothing to do with the site, and once again ask to be deleted all all my content deleted. Thank you. That is all.

Back