Obvious scam in progress

Status
That is a scam alright. But was has it to do with Sherlock?

Sherlock Holmes found it and asked me to post it on the forums for the good of the community

ty for posting this i hope many see it. sorry to sound negative but seriously who cares who found it? point is to help people not be scammed not get a gold star on your board (or "husbands").

Why is Sherlock Holmes banned ? did he help the guy?

Why is Sherlock Holmes banned ? did he help the guy?
Holmes was banned because he tried to uncover another scam that involved Calypto a while back. Don't think the ban was related to the scam, but for having two accounts on the forums?...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...erlock-Issue&p=2564009&viewfull=1#post2564009

Now if only MA could do as much of a crackdown on folks with multiple and shared EU accounts as they do for folks with multiple forum accounts...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?141286-Second-Avatars...-Isn-t-it-obvious

Last edited:
"This video has been removed by the user."

HAHAHAHA what a loser :p

ps: if any retard falls for that kind of crap, deserves to be totally ripped off, imo :)

Whats right or wrong

With all due respect, and a thank you for sharing this ... just wanted to point out Rule 3.9 ... this must be one of those times that the Mods are allowing someone to post on behalf of a banned member - perhaps the rule should be changed to include ... depends on the content? That way it won't look like an infraction.:)

I hope the video gets the kind of attention it deserves, and somehow this stuff is stopped.

Thank you MindStar9 for pointing out the rule to me. I could be in agreeance with you that this rule has been broken but with that being said. Every rule on this forum is broken everyday in some manner or another. For instance I could say that your post offended me, if your offending me that could be considered a personal dispute.

The rules of this forum has been written in much the same way the the laws of different nations have been written. There is always some law that contradicts another law and then another law that will contradict that one. The rules of this forum have been carefully worded in the same manner, to the extent that there is no rules and at the same time everything is against the rules. I for one agree with the rules but also see like everyone else that the rules are all enforced or not enforced depending on the specific opinions of the moderators.

Now lets for a minute try to understand why the rules have been written in this manner. The rules have been written to protect the community against individuals that without the rules would use this forum and EU for malicious intents. The rules have NOT been written to restrict and punish the individuals that want to use this forum and EU for good intents. They are put in place to protect the community as a whole.

I was not even going to dive into the issue of my husband being banned apart from what I already stated. Since it is apparent in this thread that many are misinformed about him. I will use this time to clarify, I have also borrowed his typing skills to assist me with this. The current rule states that Im not allowed to post on behalf of a banned individual. Is that rule put in place to cause problems between a couple that has a happy marriage and only wish the best for the community? Or is that rule put in place to protect the community against individuals that may be harmful to the community? No matter how you view the rule the facts remain the same. My husband and I are ONE we are joined together Heart, Mind Body and Soul and no rule anywhere is ever going to change that. This is the man that I wake up to every morning and the same man that holds me in his arms to make me feel safe at night. He is above all others my Bestfriend and our daily conversations is going to influence my opinions on every aspect of my life. So instead of having me post his concerns, what would be more appropriate in your opinion? Should he use a proxy, create a new anonymous account and then post his concerns himself? Would that be more acceptable? Or is your opinion, that he should just stay away and not impose his opinions and concerns onto this community? Whether you and others in this community like it or not we are part of this community and yes that does mean him to, whether we are banned from this forum or not.

My husbands concerns for the well being of this community far out weigh mine, us as a community is lucky to have someone such as him looking out for that safety. The community has been lead to believe that my husband was banned for having a 2nd avatar. This is not the case at all and the moderator was made aware of this before he took action against me. By response of this moderator in a pm to me, it has been stated that my husband was banned for sending ripples across the surface of calm waters. He disturbed the peace and harmony that the moderators work so hard to protect. The moderator stated that a few reputable members of the community were hurt by the post my husband made. I see that and can understand that. On the other hand we had new players being hurt over and over again by one individual. Are these new players not entitled to the same protection that the veteran reputable players are entitled to?

The moderator wants to talk about how my husbands thread hurt some reputable players? Well lets look at what this moderator did to me. He had me banned from the forums kicked from my society exiled by all my friends, then labeled as a liar on the most popular form of media in eu and then I had to sit here and listen to my husband explain to me how sorry he was and that he never meant to cause me this grief. Should the same punishment be imposed on this moderator? I don't believe so but I do believe that this moderator lacks the understanding and compassion to perform his duties in a reputable manner here. Many also share this opinion with me but are afraid to stand up and say anything, out of fear of having this moderator use their opinions of him against them in future moderating of their posts.

What my husband did was no different then seeing a victim in a dark alley being !!!!!, he walks up behind the rapist and slits his throat and then walks away without a trace. How hard do you think the police are going to try and track down and arrest this man that protected this victim? Their not, they wont care, in their eyes justice was served. Just like in most of the communities eyes, the individual that was anonymously accused in my husband thread, got exactly what he deserved.

We are good people, we are not a threat to the community and we strive hard everyday like countless others to make this community a better place for everyone. In the end my husbands situation was not about whats right or wrong, it was about what is righter or wronger! Is the way my husband went about it wrong? Perhaps, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The one thing that everyone for the most part is in agreance on is that there was a ClubCalypto problem, the problem was addressed and now that problem is gone. Is what my husband did wrong? Again you will have to judge that for yourselves. I step away from this topic now and hope the rest of you, will have the curtiousy of doing the same but leave you with a quote made by my husband about this entire situation.

You can call me a coward for my approach if you want. You can disapprove of the manner in which I chose to let my voice be heard. This is not about me, this is about us, us as a community. The obligation we have as a community to protect the community from the evil that may be lurking in the shadows. This is about Us having the courage to all step forward and make a difference.

Now staying on topic, the video has been removed, good job Sherlock once again he proved to be a valuable asset to the community.

God Bless,
Mrs Quayjay

TFor instance I could say that your post offended me, if your offending me that could be considered a personal dispute.

My pointing out that Rule 3.9 was violated is a fact, and has nothing to do with personally attacking you (I have nothing against you whatsoever), and I feel I did it constructively just as an FYI since I didn't think you were aware of it - so you potentially taking offense to that is a non-issue, and therefore would not be considered a violation of Rule 2.3 on my part.

However, you have now gone on to violate Rule 2.14 ... as well as continuing to post on behalf of your husband who is a banned member, and allowing his side of a story to be told about his ban which is totally not relevant to the original topic of the video, and is now a violation of Rule 3.2. I pointed out a rule being broken, and then you took advantage of that to expand even further into defending your husband's ban, as well as posting a quote from him, which is clearly against the rules.

At least the video was removed.

MEANWHILE...

There is a scam attempt being perpetrated on youtube that's trying to get PEDs from colonists.

DON'T FALL FOR IT! IT'S A SCAM!

...and the perpetrator will burn in the hell usually reserved for child molesters and people that talk in theaters.

I saw this thread when it 1st opened, and I, for one, did not have a problem with Sin mentioning who found the video. (I even fixed a misspelling in the thread title). Folks have mentioned Knuckles, BMW and other banned members and things they've done plenty of times.

Rule 3.9 was meant to stop a ton of "banned person X says blah blah blah", and other "speaking on behalf of banned person Y...." posts. It was not meant as "can't mention banned members at all."

However, the issue of Sherlock's banning is an issue Sin has discussed w/ me on PMs and, I believe, is getting things straightened out w/ the admin atm.

We all appreciate the fact that the community is alerted to potential scams. We have no problem with that, so long as rule 2.13 - Scamming Accusation and the other rules are upheld.

But with the video being removed, this thread has run its course.

:locked:

Status
Back