Obvious scam in progress

Status

Sinofmen

Provider
Society
Patriot's
Mrs Sinofmen Quayjay
hi community, i came across a video that is a obvious scam, im not sure if the community as a whole can do anything about it but thought it was worth sharing with the community, to insure the community is protected against things like this

actually it was my husband that came across it, many of you know him as Sherlock Holmes but his right to be part of the community has been taken away, so the credit actually goes to him, the link is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTKFF3sp_mQ&feature=fvst

That is a scam alright. But was has it to do with Sherlock?

This smells of phish! All we can do is warn players here who may be naive enough to fall for it.

That is a scam alright. But was has it to do with Sherlock?

Sherlock Holmes found it and asked me to post it on the forums for the good of the community

yep is a scammer. I think Hane must report about this to MA, and to take actions about this.

reported to youtube.
now lets all hit the flag button and it's done.

where do all this scammers come from?
we did geth rid of one and a other one starts to scam again :mad:

while, all of us can do this: put words as "users" and "passwords" with "shit, fu*.*" and the best insults that you believe deserve this stupid scammer. ;) ;););). The goal: 10,000 differents insults inside his DB.

Scammers always come with the rest of the noobs.

It's like.. getting wet when it rains.

while, all of us can do this: put words as "users" and "passwords" with "shit, fu*.*" and the best insults that you believe deserve this stupid scammer. ;) ;););)

very true we could but im not gonna be the one to download the application, or whatever it is that you have to get to do this, the word keylogger comes to mind and even the best virus scanners out there are not perfect

Sending the code tot he email address is basically sending your username and password so they can log in and then empty your account to another avi.

All they do is post the code in and the decode it back to normal text

Gold Card users will not be affected by this other than having your account locked up with to many attempts with wrong code

This is just a poor attempt of getting suckers to send account info like ppl do with phishing sites for bank info.

However unfortunatly there will be ppl in the world that will do this and then we will see the posts about it on here

In reality, scammers are never gone from Entropia. Wherever there is money, there will be people trying to take it from you. The best defense as an older player is staying vigilant. The way to help newer players avoid this is to get it out there that these scams exist!

very true we could but im not gonna be the one to download the application, or whatever it is that you have to get to do this, the word keylogger comes to mind and even the best virus scanners out there are not perfect

only use the first step ;) .. (that is his db ;))

certainly, this guy is very stupid. He has no in count that Mindark is able to obtain his ip and identify his name and adress. (just crossing variables and putting him a trap.)

It is not an application it is simply a site that allows you to decode and encode from normal rext to a load of computer languages and binary etc.

I have used a very similar site to that a few time for Binary.

This Scammer is just trying to make use of a site that is legit for a completly different reason. Put Binary converter in a search engine and i would say that site will be in the list. So do not hate the site they are trying to use. it is the email with your code that is the bad part

while, all of us can do this: put words as "users" and "passwords" with "shit, fu*.*" and the best insults that you believe deserve this stupid scammer. ;) ;););). The goal: 10,000 differents insults inside his DB.

he wil be suprised when he decodes my email ;)

I wonder what happens if someone with a GC tries it.

It is an obvious way to get the user id / password of course.

Funny about the comments there stating that it works.

It is not an application it is simply a site that allows you to decode and encode from normal rext to a load of computer languages and binary etc.

I have used a very similar site to that a few time for Binary.

This Scammer is just trying to make use of a site that is legit for a completly different reason. Put Binary converter in a search engine and i would say that site will be in the list. So do not hate the site they are trying to use. it is the email with your code that is the bad part

ok cool thanx, im just a dancer my knowledge of computers is very limited

The comments are pretty clearly an attempt to make it look less "phishy".

If a GC user was to do it then they would not get past the log in screen and if they tried long enough you would then have to contact MA to re sync your account. this is unles you sent them the next GC Code as well of course.

Now that would be really dumb.

Think i will try it and double my ped card of 30k so i can go buy that gun i want YEAH RIGHT

People who try this are praying on the gullible ppl who will try it

This is the dumbest scammer ever. :laugh:

If you want i can double your balls too. Just semn me an PM.

hi community, i came across a video that is a obvious scam, im not sure if the community as a whole can do anything about it but thought it was worth sharing with the community, to insure the community is protected against things like this

actually it was my husband that came across it, many of you know him as Sherlock Holmes but his right to be part of the community has been taken away, so the credit actually goes to him, the link is below

Already reported a similair before , also reported him. Needless to say it is quite a stupid scam to get use of you password /username. It doesnt askes for a goldcard so you are safe witht that

:scratch2:
my ped card shows 0,00
will i have second day 2x more ?

Thanks

thanx guys, i really appreciate all the +reps for this, i just wish the points could go to the detective that actually found this and even after being banned from this community still takes pride in keeping the community safe

Thx for sharing + rep :)

The encoding tool actually looks like something used to decrypt some of the early robot intercepts. The page itself is probably not part of the scam attempt, but the holder of the two email addresses in question is definitely the winner of AG's "Douchebag of the Day" award.

Thanks for helping to keep the community free of scum, Sin!

If enough people flag it, YT will remove it or force the user to remove it. Worked quite well last time too.

Sherlock Holmes found it and asked me to post it on the forums for the good of the community

thanx guys, i really appreciate all the +reps for this, i just wish the points could go to the detective that actually found this and even after being banned from this community still takes pride in keeping the community safe

With all due respect, and a thank you for sharing this ... just wanted to point out Rule 3.9 ... this must be one of those times that the Mods are allowing someone to post on behalf of a banned member - perhaps the rule should be changed to include ... depends on the content? That way it won't look like an infraction.:)

I hope the video gets the kind of attention it deserves, and somehow this stuff is stopped.

Only the greedy and other scammers could get scammed by this. But tx for posting it. :pimp:

Status
Back