FYI: OMG! Apartments, no rent paid since 2006!

Status
Ok my first winge!

I have been hunting around for apartments with good views. So far I have found Billton Towers 1, 3G to have the nicest view (not for sale :()....however, upon trying other apartments...:mad:

Why on earth are apartments still locked that haven't had rent paid since 2006!!!! :jawdrop:
This is utterly ridiculous! If the ToU states that an account is terminated after 750 days inactivity, then so should the apartment! There are some nice apartments locked and need to be re-opened! I am sending a support case to MA! :cussing:

Glad I got that off my chest!

Addit: Seems that alot of people use them for storage and don't pay rent unless they need something. I guess the 500 item personal storage needs addressing!

I hope nobody had been locked inside for this time :)

I hope nobody had been locked inside for this time :)

Lol i wonder if tis possible to get locked inside? i am going to try it, just go inside the appt the day before "rent" is about to expire and stay there overnight. "Help ! let me out i've been locked inside this overgrown aquarium by evil landlord Mindarkus!"

Lol i wonder if tis possible to get locked inside? i am going to try it, just go inside the appt the day before "rent" is about to expire and stay there overnight. "Help ! let me out i've been locked inside this overgrown aquarium by evil landlord Mindarkus!"

Done it you spawn just outside :scratch2:

yep, you end up outside on relogging... I've not tried that trick in particular, but I did one time, many vus ago somehow manage to get inside of a mall shop when it's rent was not paid... some little glitch in the wall pushed me inside on accident, and I was like, wow, this is weird. Items inside were not able to be purchased since the rent was not paid, so it's just a visual thing if you do manage to get in.

One thing that is interesting about the estate terminals that Marcus still owns or is listed as owner on - you can waltz right in since Marcus is immune to having the doors shut... Some places, like the big balcony apartment on top floor of Delta Tower at Omegaton do have nice views because of this. I sometimes go up there for a breathe of fresh air on occassion... I have not managed to use furniture to get to the roof there though. Maybe some of you ninjas can?

I used to feel the same way. For the past several years I`ve had an apartment on CND. But now it has no real use. Not that I went up there but a few times a year anyhow so most often the rent is unpaid. Now it will probably stay that way until I either decide to sell it of have enough PED to waste when I`m up there and want to show someone my table, 4 stools and personal storage terminal. The past 2 times I`ve went up to mine I did`nt even go to my apartment. I really had no reason. If I did`nt have to pay the rent then I would probably use it instead of storage simply because it is all mine and makes the whole experience more immersive. But for now apartments will either sit idle in the hands of investors, the inventory of owners who don`t have much need for them and in the other cases of use, people who like to spend PED on useless eye candy and play house or actually use them for extra storage, parties, makeshift shops etc.

Now if they had a penalty for unpaid rent then I`d probably get off my lazy butt and sell it. Either way does`nt matter to me anymore.

i wonder if everyone in agreement that unused apartments should be made available would also agree to thier armour, weapons, faps, BPs, tools, textiles, paints, and other resources returned to the loot pool if they do not use them in a fixed time?

Yep, most of them were (according to rumor) bought up by a group of quite few avatars when first released, to be resold later for a profit...

(not claiming the apartments = not having to pay any rent, so they can wait forever)

Rumor?

Cmon - your longevity bar shows you should remember the time auction was flooded with 1000 days exp auctions of MA sold appartments. Litteraly 30 pages of them.

They sold for 150 ped small to 250 ped large. And noone bought them, since there was no actual use for them (apart those 20 ppl doing beauty and 10 ultimate EU packrats)

Then someone "smart" bought up all of them to create virtual shortage... Now they cost 500 PED with same non functionality as before... But someone holds on to them selling 1 piece / week ;)

Regards

I.

What if the player is active and not using the appartment? Did you happen to get an avatar name? You could check the tracker and see when the last time they globaled was.

i got a name ! he owns quite a 200th appartments so far i see ...
it's Marcus Callender The Estate Broker ! the bastard ! :yay:

I see no reason for there being a monthly fee at all.

Would be alot better if the fee was removed for apartments and shops. This would stimulate the market. Players with small wallets and low margins could use apartments and shops. And more furnitures and decorations would be crafted, bought and used.

I think DEE DEE hit the nail on the head. This seems to be the best solution for all.

Status
Back