ATH: On How I Shared in the #1 Hunting ATH

sndlwood

Old Alpha
Society
Drop Zone
Si'Thaiphooh sndlwood McQueen
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

When Hen Schroeder says, “Let’s go get an ATH on Proterons.” in soc chat, the correct response is, “Be right there”. Of course I had no real expectation of getting an ATH with him in team hunt last night. In fact, we strayed from the norm and chose our silly team name to tease one of our soc mates who decided to visit Rocktropia instead. And tease him we did, first with a global then a small HOF, then a few more globals.

Our team of three hunters and a brand new soc member-who was only along to skill paramedic with her T1 skill ball-were quickly having one of those excellent soc hunts that we all enjoy. Easily making back what we were spending, with maybe a little profit with few nice high MU weapons. The fun part being that each time the team name flashed in global chat our poor DK was getting his nose rubbed in it a little further. Sorry about that DK

We were hot last night, but real life being what it is our third hunter had to leave for other commitments. I myself almost ducked away a few times, but it seemed we were on a roll and I wasn’t about to give up. Not just yet anyway.

By some freak of fate I was one of the first persons to meet Hendrik when he began playing. The details are vague, but I do recall an open question being asked by a new player in global chat. Being the polite Canadian that I am I offered him some assistance. Within minutes we were on each other’s friends lists and I had sent him on his way with an extra TP chip and some ME (a loan he easily paid back).

Each time I logged on Hen was sending me a PM with new questions. I sent him to join TKoC (the best new player soc in game) partly to get him off my back. I advised him not to attach an A104 amp to his opalo and pften joined him here and there for small team hunts. Within 2 weeks he was hunting Toothies with me and my Sanctuary soc mates. As he was clearly chipping in skills and levelling up his armour and weaponry daily he started doing those hunts on his own. His first HOF (4K-ish) was no surprise. Toothies can loot well for anyone.

Hen is a man on a mission. I could see that well enough when we met. Using the same determination that won him a comfortable living in his second life he was and is committed to repeat his success here on Planet Calypso. When he first started his society The Firm I didn’t really feel like joining him. I’ve been a little outspoken here on this forum and made some embarrassing choices over the years, so I didn’t want to muddy his success. But he kept pushing and pushing. And since I was hunting in team almost exclusively with him it only made sense to join up. Besides, he put me in charge of the soc treasury...DOH!

Having far surpassed me in actual skills and equipment, I have enjoyed being able to go on team hunts with Hen against some otherwise off limits creatures for me. He doesn’t mind less skilled players riding his coat-tails or sharing even splits on looted items with value. I still provide free advisory/mentoring for him on subject new to him like mining and now crafting. Look for his next ATH in crafting soon.

Hen and I have been on some profiting hunts and some loosing hunts together, as have many other players. Last night’s ATH was extremely unexpected. At first he wanted to go to Rocktropia, but I was indifferent to the idea. I was out mining and still enjoying the rewards of my second drill tower. Hen didn't even know until I told him what a drill tower was. But when Hen says, “Let’s go get an ATH on Proterons.” in soc chat, I know the correct response.

We were down to two hunters and a medic for company and good luck. I was skilling long blade for most of the hunt not really interested in the size of the loot I was getting. It was actually just on that mob that I started using an amped LR48.

Our method was simple. Tag the beast on the horizon, blast away as it got closer, then just stand side by side and beat it slowly down to nothing. I said, “The next one is our ATH.” it wasn’t. Then I turned and tagged an old, he must have hit the young standing near it, because in the pic the young is standing there breathing down our backs.

When the HOF exploded we were all too slow to react (no pic with swirlies), we took out the young and just stood there unbelieving for at least 30 minutes. Nobody would have known it was us because of that stupid team name so we quickly PM’d all our friends with the news and he posted it here in another thread.

I got a pretty generous chunk of the loot on that ATH. We both tipped our medic, who by the way will bring luck to your team hunt for a small fee. And we spent the next hours just flabbergasted over the biggest hunting ATH ever.

Was it deserved? Was it fair? Is loot distribution balanced? Hell no!

Was it fun? Do I have a shit load of liver oil? Am I going to take the money and run? Hell ya!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Was it deserved? Was it fair? Is loot distribution balanced? Hell no!

Was it fun? Do I have a shit load of liver oil? Am I going to take the money and run? Hell ya!

put very well ;) gratz ;)

take the money and run :( like outta the game?

Congrats! That's a VERY nice ATH! :wtg:

I am betting you will put those peds right back into the game .. sooner or later .. and that is why your here .. the fun.

Gratz to ya mates , im sure your fun meter will be pegged for weeks to come.

Bones

Congratz on your nice ATH and great story...

he may very well do that otherwise he may have that old society account debt to settle now that he has peds

That was settled some time ago, at least to the satifaction of those to whom it concerned *** ****.

OH MY DEAR GOD AND ALL THAT'S SACRED!! That's awesome!! Just unbelievable! Those final words are going to stay in my mind for a long time, really nicely put it :) Big Grats for uber ATH!! :yay::yay:

Gratz on this cool ATH :)

Great story mate!

BTW we are still looking for some more or less skilled members in our small top40 soc :)

Just click the pic in my signature and get in touch with us via the soc forum.

gratz for the BIG loot.

Was it fun? Do I have a shit load of liver oil?

now just to loot some essence of onion and you can have a liquid diet of liver and onions for the rest of your life in the lap of luxery! HA!

Huge Gratz!!!
And yes... TKoC Is the best SOC ^^
:yay::wtg::yay:

Cool story... and that is a hell of an ATH!

Wow man, thats one lucky loot. Gratz to you :)

Wow! Gz! :yay:
If I were u, I'd be scared of what my loot would be like for the next few months :). MA always take back more than what they give in my case.

Whatever you guys are doing.... keep doing it!. Fun story and huge gratz on setting a new #1 Hunting ATH.:D

Well, tbh every Global/HOF/ATH is deserved! :yay: Imho
So Congratulations and spend the peds well! :p
Regards BB

Very nice story and big grz on he Ath#1

Congratz!!!

Very nice Gratz:yay:

very nicely put :) good story. and grats again on the nice ATH.

Am I going to take the money and run? Hell ya!

U in charge of treasury BAD Idea. Specially with comments like these from you..

Hihi congratz, nice story :laugh:

But teach your friend to pay attention at the floor too, to not be surprised when it suddenly comes up.

Back