Ongoing Hunting Events How Accurate Are The Results?

loren

Stalker
Loren
I'm going to keep this short and sweet...

Tonight was hunting in a event, Atrox lucky me hit a 1k+ hof (im so happy) but, the LA didn't pick my HOF up for that land area in the game chat... So I missed out on the prize I was entitled to for that event - plus that LA is running an ongoing event on EntropiaLife that covers 500 ped for the top 50... this would have qualified. So now I'm out 700 ped that I was entitled to.

I contacted the people running the event and their reply was too bad (even with screenshot proof)... How can you run an event like this on your LA? I heard that the mob natural spawns don't work for mobs in an LA with the custom name any more - why should I suffer the consequences of this change? I am in the right LA, hunting the right mob, and get a lucky loot - but due to these circumstances out of my control I don't qualify for the prizes that I am entitled to...:scratch2:

Sounds fishy to me :scratch2:. Someone should own up to having someone win in their LA and pay their promised return if the proof is legitimate, which I will assume it is. :wise:

Have sent my screen shots to MA me hoffing in LA2....let's see what they say! .....

I (and others) had this problem in the past. The task is: Did the mob spawn at the LA or did it spawn outside? If it spawned outside it won't count. Vice versa, you may stand outside of a LA (especially when an event is running) shoot mobs from the LA with your Marber and kill them outside. They will count as LA mobs. ;-)

Hmm, interesting, keep us updated and more details would be good to have.
Were you inside LA all the time, was mob inside LA all the time and so on.

i believe you need to be IN THE LA to actually get the owner to get the tax from it.......

just my point of view from mining
i am sure works the same
the claim needs to be in the LA to get taxed etc
i don't think the mob spawn killing out side will show the LA's name i could be wrong but i doubt that is the case

I was hunting at a LA inside its borders but close to the border. I got several globals. Some counted, some didn't. I have no other explanation.

Possibly a natural spawned mob dragged into LA (by miner maybe) and not counting as an LA kill.

If the owners rules say it has to be recorded by tracker to count then they are totally in the right to reject your claim.

Where an LA has a natural spawn intermixed with a spawn of LA generated mobs and both of these are the same mob it's impossible for a player to differentiate between the two. Therefore in such a situation where an LA owner is holding an event it would seen logical and practical for the owner to allow all mobs that spawn on their LA be it natural or not to be counted. Especially if evidence can be provided.

To not count such globals under these conditions just encourages people not to hunt on their LA which indeed seems to be the case in this particular LA in question.

I fully agree with skywalker that this is what should be done, but if rules are placed then you have to abide by those rules.

VU update 14.1 on March 13 2013 contained this change: "Only creatures spawned on a land area will contribute points to events hosted on the land area."

This was done because of people dragging larger mobs from outside LA's holding events and winning, which happened with a Molisk event I believe.

I am in no way saying that is what happened here. I am just pointing out that this change was made at the request of the community several months back.

LA02 does have natural spawns of Atrox "outside" of its border and right along the border. If I remember correctly the natural Atrox spawns outside of LA02 tend to be of a higher maturity of the current settings of LA02.

All depends on who is running event.
I had similar situation couple months back on LA belonging to BIG Industries.
Got 1k HOF but tracker did not registered it at all. It took few minutes to fix it after I contacted BIG guys.

As others have pointed out, the natural Atrox spawn on OLA-2 do not give the LA global message and do not award points in system-created events (i.e. those that appear in the event list). This was a change made by MA following a forum witch-hunt after someone won a (nominally) Molisk event by killing a Hogglo.

I did not agree with the witch-hunt, nor the change, but this is what we have now. Had LA owners and event promoters been given the option to choose whether to allow or disallow non-DNA mobs, or if there had been any consistency in the implementation (if anyone can explain why Allophyl spawned on OLA-2 don't give the message, but Osseocollum spawned on OLA-49 do, I would be interested to hear it), it might have been OK.

Instead we have the current situation which has only made things more difficult for event promoters. Because of one controversy in a single event, we now have potential for consistent problems and complaints of this nature in almost every event.

47's event has nothing to do with me so I can't comment on that, but my position for the Troxathon is that any globals without the LA name do not count for a prize. This is clearly stated in the event rules on both the forum thread and on EntropiaLife. There is just no way for me to track globals without the name, so I will not attempt to do so.

Yes, I could potentially look at a screenshot and verify that the global was on the LA and during the event, but by doing so I would open up a number of other difficulties, for example:

1. The event would be subject to abuse by people pulling larger mobs into the LA in order to get higher loots (precisely what the forum complainers were complaining about in the first place).
2. Those who don't have me on FL and/or don't use the forum would be disadvantaged as they would be unable to appeal.
3. The contest results on EntropiaLife would become incorrect, meaning that, for example, the person in 50th place would be unable to see that they had been pushed into 51st place and were no longer eligible for any prize.

Fairness is about treating everyone equally, and in order to treat everyone equally, I can not consider individual cases like this. That is why there is a no-name rule, and that is why I am sticking to it.

But what I don't get is: did the LA owner got a tax for that kill or not?

As far as I know, they don't.

As far as I'm aware any mob that spawns on an LA be it natural or not will generate revenue for the owner. There was an old thread a few years back which looked at this and that's the conclusion we arrived at back then. I would imagine it still applies today just that natural spawns on an LA no longer appear on named LA globals due to request by the community.

edit:
Found the thread I was thinking of:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?119358-How-does-LA-tax-work

Last edited:
If this was at a BIG land area we will certainly honor your global. Please submit us the screen shot and let us know the time we will gladly check entropialife and give you credit where it is due. The global will say BIG Industries next to the global amount. If the tag does not show up than you will need to open a support case with Planet Calypso and have them look into it if you have enough info on the time of the global, the amount and the creature.

Additional info:
If the mob was a natural spawn on the land area it should register with the land area name, if it spawned as a natural spawn outside the LA even if it is right outside the border it wont register with the LA name on it. If it is an in game event, the in game event system will not give you the points if the mob is from the outside. The reason for this is at one time there was a Molisk event that targets lower level hunters. Some players had pulled Hogglo and Proteron onto the land area and won the event. To prevent this from happening the event system was changed by MA to make it fair for those participating in an in game event that was only intended for molisk that spawn on that land area.

If it is on another land area out of our control than I wish the best of luck. I believe however with out knowing for sure you are referencing OLA 2 and the atrox located there. I do know that the dna at one side of the LA is next to a wild spawn. You will need to bring that up with Manual if that is the case, again I am not sure.

Cheers and happy hunting,

Salty~

If the mob was a natural spawn on the land area it should register with the land area name, if it spawned as a natural spawn outside the LA even if it is right outside the border it wont register with the LA name on it.

I am afraid thats not how it works as i have personally observed an atrox young spawn in OLA4 Atrax Park and it aggro'd me so i had to kill it and it happened to be a global. That global did not show up with the LA name and this has been seen by many other participants hunting on OLA4.. So if that is how it is supposed to work, it is a bug and right now it does not work that way for quite a few la's ( including Atrax Park)

As far as I'm aware any mob that spawns on an LA be it natural or not will generate revenue for the owner.

I can confirm that as well, additionally if a mob spawns outside the perimeter of a LA and is dragged in, it is in no way associated with the LA for tax or event purposes.

Interesting however I am aware of more than one player (not me) that had massive hofs (6 digits) on LA02 and had no bells or global/hof message shown in chat. I've seen the screenies, date stamp and nothing in hof list.

This was outside of events though, and I'll never tell who these people are so don't ask.

I'm sure much goes on within EU that we are not aware of at times. Maybe it was a gifted hof that was not meant to be registered....only the Godds of EU know what goes on.

Happy hoffing, and sorry about your lost event win loren for whatever reason.

Rick

Back