Ore Amp Crafting Warning!

dj.

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Dejay dj Jaguar
Seen just about enough of people posting either Hofs/Globals...and the brave posting losses.

I made all sorts of tt shit for about 3 years even before gambling on amps, in-fact when I started, there wasnt any ore amps lol.

I see posts from people that have barely skilled, or even unlocked bpc.

Most people wont say a word, just let you craft, say Gratz to odd global/Hof etc :rolleyes:

Some people will see posted Hofs/globals posted here and be encouraged to craft on 101's, but unless you do it properly, have the skills, you may have some beginners luck, over-all though, you will lose..eventually.

Dont believe me? Why dont you see the uber crafter's making 101's, and athing on them?...Daily? If it was that easy?

Its a mugs game, I do it occasionally to gamble, but thats what it is, a gamble.

It 'might' pay off (gratz Teddy) it might not, you just have to be able to afford that it doesnt.

The ones making ore amps properly to sell, you rarely hear about, bare that in mind.

:)

Yes lol alot of people seem to think they can just grab an OA-101 BP and start HoFing easy as pie and make a fortune.....Doesn't quite work that way :D

Seen just about enough of people posting either Hofs/Globals...and the brave posting losses.

I made all sorts of tt shit for about 3 years even before gambling on amps, in-fact when I started, there wasnt any ore amps lol.

Most people wont say a word, just let you craft, say Gratz to odd global/Hof etc :rolleyes:

Some people will see posted Hofs/globals posted here and be encouraged to craft on 101's, but unless you do it properly, have the skills, you may have some beginners luck, over-all though, you will lose..eventually.

Dont believe me? Why dont you see the uber crafter's making 101's, and athing on them?...Daily? If it was that easy?

Its a mugs game, I do it occasionally to gamble, but thats what it is, a gamble.

It 'might' pay off (gratz Teddy) it might not, you just have to be able to afford that it doesnt.

The ones making ore amps properly to sell, you rarely hear about, bare that in mind.

Well put and take it from one who knows... DJ's explained it well :cool: +rep

Beginning crafting has always been a ped sink and always will be - good luck if you believe what the spin doctors say.

Beginning crafting has always been a ped sink and always will be - good luck if you believe what the spin doctors say.

In my experience, no matter what you craft, weapons, armor, amps, you will do ok... at 1st.

I did.

Beginners luck :scratch2:

You will be sucked in, had many globals/Hofs reguarding weapons/armor.

I didnt carry on, but thats because Im a Hunter mainly, its what I want to do, standing at a crafting machine isnt what makes me sit here night after night.

The uber crafter's are turning stuff out, at a profit, we never hear about it, unless you see it at auction, even then, I bet they lose sometimes, eu is dynamic after-all ;)

These guys are using their skills properly, they are wise. Me/You, are just a bunch of NooBs playing at being Uber crafter's lol.

Not to insult (no way, Ive done the same) Just dont believe the hype, thats all it is.

Hype.

DJ's explained it well

With all due respect to DJ (really, I'm not trying to be smart), I missed the explanation. She alluded to crafting 101's as being a sucker's game. She hinted about doing it right, having proper skills. Could you be a little more specific.

Is it something about 101's in particular, or are they not crafted by the more experienced because there's more money to be made crafting the amps that the better miners use? I really would lide to know. I've dabbled with making 101's for my own use and, honestly, come up with a pretty shabby product. I don't do crafting as my main occupation in EU so my expectations are low. But what should my skills be to be able to craft amps of decent quality. What should the path be to get to that point. I know it takes a ton of peds (metric or standard) to do what you guys do, and a lot of time to get where y'all are. Its probably the closest thing to real work in this universe.

Excuse my rambling. I guess I just would like to know how far away I really am from being able to do amps "right".

Excuse my rambling. I guess I just would like to know how far away I really am from being able to do amps "right".

Bump and;

Craft the boring shit for 3 years, or chip it :cool: THEN get wise, and know you dont need to be gambling on 101's

*cough*

Sorry, everyone needs to hear it :D

:thumbup:

Bump and;

Craft the boring shit for 3 years, or chip it :cool: THEN get wise, and know you dont need to be gambling on 101's

*cough*

Sorry, everyone needs to hear it :D

:thumbup:

Not that I'm super qualified at this point to talk about this, but it's common sense here. It costs nearly 10 PED a pull (factoring in MU) to craft an OA101. And there's no guarantee that it will be a success. And with no skills and a blueprint quality of 1, a success wont even give you much in return because the TT value would be too low. Why in the world would you EVER start your crafting profession on this?

+rep for the warning

Might be rather closely related to gambling in EU...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...entropia-universe-entry-ticket-ludomanie.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-you-pathological-gambler-answering-poll.html

I crafted OreAmps 101 and at max condition, just to goddamn try luck after losing many peds other places...

Overall - Im basically back to depositing again, eventho my HL8 keeps it cheap to do stuff like hunting, crafting and mining Im a pure n00b at (21 tailor max, 19 prospector). So whenever I lose its basically on crafting.

I think I might as well go sell my OA blueprints actually - they are a magnet for me :(

TY for this thread - and +rep

+ rep DJ

I done 1 run on OA-101's chipped upto lvl 12 unlocking BPC (thought I was uber) cost me a few k peds, then done I think 200 clicks lost 1000 ped at the time I was a noob and this was alot for a noob in shogun to lose, chipped out the skill sold it and sold the BP again.

Almost 2 yrs on from when I started i'm now a non depositor and I can assure you its not because I hit it big crafting OA-101's, actualy i've never crafted another amp/attachment since.

Just to show you the maths of why Crafting OA101 is a BIG RISK, and a big loss generally.

8 ped TT to click, 10 Ped with markup

taking a 35% Chance of Success for quantity, and a multiplier to TT of 0.8 per success. (Il show you what i mean in a min)

And taking a 5% COS for and a multiplier to TT of 5.6 per success.

Okay so if you click on quantity for 100 clicks, that will cost you 1000 ped, and you will get back 35 amps with a tt of (0.8 * 8) = 6.4 ped each. so you will get back 224 Ped in amps and some crap left over, (note see you need 800 ped in a lucky hof or good blueprint drop (NOT LIKELY))

Now look at condition,

100 clicks, 1000 ped Craft cost, you will get back 5 amps with a tt of (5.6 * 8) 45 Ped, so 224 ped again. Now note, i believe the crafting system works in a multiplier system, Explained Below:

Quantity:

0.8-1.2----70%
1.2-2.0----20%
2.0-5.0----6%
5.0-10.0---3%
10.0-20.0--0.5%
20.0-100---0.2%

Condition:
5.6-8.4----70%
8.4-14.0---20%
14-35------5%
35-70------2%
70-140-----0.5%
140-700----0.2%

And so on:

This means to get a good hof (140-700 * 8) on condition, you would need to do around 5000 clicks, costing 50000 ped, and as explained above, with a return of around 40-50% you would loose 25000 ped on that run, and your hof would only be 1120-5600 ped. So you can see why it really isn't profitable.

Now i know this values aren't exactly correct, but it would follow the same pattern.

And also people COULD in theory profit by getting lucky and hitting one of those big ones before they have already lost that amount, but its not likely.

PEOPLE DON'T CRAFT OA101 (Or most other amps on condition) ITS A WASTE OF MONEY!

This also shows why crafting at a higher cost then TT and selling at tt will always loose you money in the long run!

Interperate this post in your own way.

+rep

nice thread DJ I will stay away from OA-101's for sure:)

Hell no keep crafting, let them fill the loot pool :wtg:

What amazes me is the markup on amps, there is little if at all any profit to be made in crafting anything below 106s now. Im of the opinion even those crafters who dont go crazy and just craft to sell are now only just selling to break even or keep losses to a minimum.
Expect to see 103/104s become the new 101s anytime soon.!! :wtg:

yeh i tried.. not even a little bit of beginners luck.. so i tripped and fell..
101 oreamp crafting is over for me lol..

here is a little ore-amps story from me :

I started crafting with most popular components (metal sheets, processors, sensors, components book 2 and other) and textures, tons of them... with some Jesters1

then I graduated and unlocked BPC skill, it was time for some bigger crafting - ore amps :)

did some chipping to get my amp profession to 10 lvl and bought 50QR bp's, then I made a simple plan : 100 clicks per day on OA101 and OA101Light (200 total per day)

for 2 months I had many nice hofs : 5.5k, 3.8k, aprox 10 for 500 to 1500 Peds and many many 300-400 and tons of globals ...

was carefully counting my total Ped balance on amps, it was jumping like :
starting capital -> -2k -> +7k -> +9k -> +5k -> +14k -> +4k -> +1k -> +5k -> +3k now

all I can say : ore amps crafting is totally random, one can say its gambling other might not ... but fore sure it is very addictive -Ped dangerous - fun !!

ahh, was ALWAYS making them with slider in the middle or mostly close to condition ;) occasionally a quarter from left

:yay:

enjoy

I support your effort..but

Yep,

Crafting sucks...

Crafting ore or ematter amps for sell 'REALLY REALLY SUCKS'.

I just craft for what I use...have a ematter BP (for sell) at about 60 percent. I've yet to get a HOF from ematter, after, LOL, 5 years...and forget a tower...

My suggestion is just craft for yourself...unless you have tons of free money, there is no way you will EVER make one cent off of crafting..

Just my two pecs..(two pecs is now worth about .025 Yen)

DS..

For me putting the slider towards condition has nothing to do with crafting!
Crafting is putting residue in the machine and having the slider at quantity.
Those that lose because they gamble, deserve no pity, especially because it would only encourage them to think, that it was not their own fault but the "system".

I know...

Crafting Is the closest a Slot Machine you can come ;)
actually you shouldn't craft OreAmp's since VU 9.0 (I't don't pay off)

For me putting the slider towards condition has nothing to do with crafting!
Crafting is putting residue in the machine and having the slider at quantity.
Those that lose because they gamble, deserve no pity, especially because it would only encourage them to think, that it was not their own fault but the "system".

+rep for that comment!

My OA101 blueprint is now up for grabs - QR 3?'ish :)

Ye I am amazed that so few ppl understand that tt cost + residue cost < selling price on oa 101.

And is not rocket science!

But by all means please continue believing in loot pool, purple vibrations and whatnot, I love belkar, alicenies and gazz at current markups.

+rep for Dj for the heads up, but rest asured, is useless, stupidity is overwhelming.

DJ has a good point here, and after all, crafting Amps for newbies is generally a money drain..! It's not a way to profit, and not a cheap way to skill crafting.. :rolleyes:

Listen to what DJ says, there's a lot of good stuff in here posts :)
+rep

Like noobs hunting aurli and atrox and not even level 30 yet :) Fills my lootpool nicely (i never realised *how* much). That's one of the reasons I don't go CP anymore. (believe me, I do miss it, but it's not 9.2, so no point in lamenting that it's not)

On my first OA 101 crafting run I lost a few thousands of PED, with skill lvl about 15.

So why can there be so many HOFs on OA 101?
Answer: because many low-skilled crafters pump a lot of money into this lootpool, hoping for the "big HOF".

So: if somebody gets a 5k HOF on OA 101, other players had to lose about 5k on them before.

I keep this in mind before I consider a second big run.

Answer: because many low-skilled crafters pump a lot of money into this lootpool, hoping for the "big HOF".

It has absolutely nothing to do with skills. OA 101 is lvl1 bp, is maximized dunno at lvl 6-7-8 something. The high skilled players would still loose, maybe 5% less than a newbie, but not a sensible difference.

Back