PE the role play

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
Scope
I have this idea of making a role play based on Entropia pre VU 10. I hope at least some of you will find this amusing and worth to join. At least you will have something to occupy your mind with when you’r not able to log in.

The outcome of this project shall be a load of PDF files that anyone for free can download an use as a ruleset.
Then I hope that others will create stories/missions set in this roleplay world.

This is of course a non profit project.

Plan and project management
I will be the project manager for this project. If I run out of time or loose spirit I will pass the torch to someone else willing to shoulder the responsibility.
I need a bunch of dedicated people of different skills. This will be run as a project where a lot of different people contribute in their own way.
We start the discussion here and then people who feel that they have time, dedication and the right spirit can join the EF group I created for this project.
*LINK WHEN IT’S TIME*

Rulesets
Rulesets of the role play is the most important and skill demanding part of this project. It is not possible to use the same engines as the real game; this must be able to play sitting in a sofa amongst friends with the only randomizing tool called dices.

Here all loot/mining/crafting theory guys and gals have their chance to actually create something that people will use in the future. I would like to see several ideas to be birthed and then taken in to consideration. The basic rules will of course be adapted several times until we have something that will be useable. There will also be room for a test group that try to play a small story/mission based on the proposed ruleset.
Keep inmind that role plays is not anal regarding rulesets, rules is there to guide the game leader forward. The important part is the story.

Maps
I have gathered some pre VU10 maps. I hope that since Mind Ark no longer uses them they will not complain if we use them. I also hope that Falco will let us use his pre VU10 city maps. http://www.moselbert.de/EU/Entropiakarten.htm

Equipment
Hopefully we can just reuse everything gathered in www.entropiawiki.com. The task will be to compile a nice printable PDF whit lists of equipment. Since there is lots of equipment we might need to narrow down to just a few of them.

Mobs
Take a look at Equipment.

Stories/missions
Once when rulesets as established there is a big need for stories. I imagine that all creative people around and maybe even from outside will start write stories/missions set in this world.
Now we can actually go down in the Thorofoid temple or travel though the orbs, or maybe go down under the Deer and play with the Borums. Or why not beacon missions.
It’s just your imagination that will hold you back.

Why pre VU10?
IMO the world pre VU10 was less complicated. No nova fragments, no cars, no tier etc.
The world pre VU10 is well documented and I hope by using data from that era we will not upset Mind Ark. I see this as a fun way and actually a new way to promote the game we love. If the role play I mentioned and/or used outside the normal EU world it hopefully will drag new players in. As you know it’s easier to log in to EU than gather a bunch of friends in your sofa for a weekend of roleplaying.

Draft of plan

EDIT 20091014:

Just thought that maybe a private forum is better than a group here on EF.

Last edited:
Reserved for later use:D

This sounds very interesting!

I wait from a long Time this old style of Entropia .... Back with PE !... :yay:

Just keep in mind this is NOT another planet or computer game project. This will be something you carrie under your arm home to friends and play TOGETHER with others in the same room.:D

interesting idea... BUT... big problem with it might be copyright/trademark issue(s). Even if this is a not-for-profit project, you still have to deal with those types of issues. A derivitive project/product is still covered under copyright laws, etc.

Now, on for some questions - what game system are you using? I'd suggest that for long term playability and stuff, you go with the d20 modern or future rule set. That way folks that are in to pen and paper rpgs will be able to work on it, add to it, already know many rules, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of d20, but that's mainly because I was raised on good ol http://www.palladiumbooks.com RPG system, which is similar, but not the same... d20 is sort of a D&D thing. I do like the d20 initiative more though since it's opensource basically, and encourages people to grow the system organically, which is completely different from the closed system Palladium uses, even if they tried expanding it a bit through the Rifter magazine.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&q=d20+future+srd&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Mix this idea with software like screenmonkey and skype and you and your socmates can play PE (the RPG) while actually playing inside Entropia :yay:.

That looks really cool !!

Subscribing and hopefully I can follow closely

interesting idea... BUT... big problem with it might be copyright/trademark issue(s). Even if this is a not-for-profit project, you still have to deal with those types of issues. A derivitive project/product is still covered under copyright laws, etc.

Now, on for some questions - what game system are you using? I'd suggest that for long term playability and stuff, you go with the d20 modern or future rule set. That way folks that are in to pen and paper rpgs will be able to work on it, add to it, already know many rules, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of d20, but that's mainly because I was raised on good ol http://www.palladiumbooks.com RPG system, which is similar, but not the same... d20 is sort of a D&D thing. I do like the d20 initiative more though since it's opensource basically, and encourages people to grow the system organically, which is completely different from the closed system Palladium uses, even if they tried expanding it a bit through the Rifter magazine.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&q=d20+future+srd&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Regarding copyright.
Why shouldn't we be able to use a map that's spread all over internet and no longer is a part of the game? Copyright is one of the answers of course, but several other projects, including profit ones has used both PE logo, orb pictures, Entropia Universe etc. IMO expanding the EU cult out from the computer we actually will help promote this. And if we just find a way to use data from www.entropiawiki.com people could choose by them self to use printed/PDFed copy with only the most essential or just browse to the site. What we will make is the rules, all other information is out there.

Regarding rule system that is a open task. I see two ways, adapt to existing rules or create a totally new set. Of course it's much easier to use somethingthat exist but it could also prove to be to much work. I'm not the dictator round this, just gonna help people that joins in the right direction to make decisions and create stuff. If you are well known about different systems your more than welcome.

EDIT:

Just to add, if creating rule set for pen game, there is nothing stopping us from creating a rule set for Live Role playing or for other to make spinoff.

I know d20 was mentioned, so you may want to go to www.4shared.com and get a copy of "d20 Modern", the expansion supplement "d20 Future", and then the d20 Future resource "d20 Future: Future Tech".

The d20 system is an open system too, so it would give you a good base system to start from and would allow you to modify and use it to your heart's content without risk of violating any copyright laws. A few examples of modified versions of the d20 system are BESM d20 (Anime inspired RP), Spycraft (Bond-esq super spy RP), and Mutants & Masterminds (superhero RP). Of those, BESM and M&M are great examples of customizable systems, as they use point-based creation techniques for characters and enemies.

For the ultimate customization, look at Paladium's RIFTS system or Steve Jackson Games' GURPS. Of those two, I would say that GURPS offers the most flexibility, as it is quite literally a game system that can be used for any setting and any type of character. Having played several GURPS games in the past, I can tell you that there will rarely be the question of "can I do this with this system?" On the other hand, the question of "how can I do this", will be fairly common.

I know d20 was mentioned, so you may want to go to www.4shared.com and get a copy of "d20 Modern", the expansion supplement "d20 Future", and then the d20 Future resource "d20 Future: Future Tech".

The d20 system is an open system too, so it would give you a good base system to start from and would allow you to modify and use it to your heart's content without risk of violating any copyright laws. A few examples of modified versions of the d20 system are BESM d20 (Anime inspired RP), Spycraft (Bond-esq super spy RP), and Mutants & Masterminds (superhero RP). Of those, BESM and M&M are great examples of customizable systems, as they use point-based creation techniques for characters and enemies.

For the ultimate customization, look at Paladium's RIFTS system or Steve Jackson Games' GURPS. Of those two, I would say that GURPS offers the most flexibility, as it is quite literally a game system that can be used for any setting and any type of character. Having played several GURPS games in the past, I can tell you that there will rarely be the question of "can I do this with this system?" On the other hand, the question of "how can I do this", will be fairly common.

Super!

It looks like I will have something to read tonight :)

i dont get it, i reread the whole thread and i still dont understand :dunno:

what is exactly this project? and how are planning on achieving it?

what is exactly this project? and how are planning on achieving it?
Pen and Paper Role Playing Game is what it is. He's making something like a Dungeons and Dragons game that works with Entropia Universe as the imaginary game world. Instead of playing with real money and decay, you'd be playing with pretend money, petend items, etc. It's sort of similar to what someone else did with "that other game system" in the book with isbn 9781588467812

Pen and Paper Role Playing Game is what it is. He's making something like a Dungeons and Dragons game that works with Entropia Universe as the imaginary game world. Instead of playing with real money and decay, you'd be playing with pretend money, petend items, etc. It's sort of similar to what someone else did with "that other game system" in the book with isbn 9781588467812

thanks for the explanation, i get it now :yay:

You can get mutch tips from wow, flyff and other roll plays :wtg:
Sounds like a good idea you have there

You are west of the shuttle loading ramp.
To the north you see a yellow wall.
To the east you see the shuttle loading ramp.
To the south you see a yellow wall.
To the west you see Port Atlantis.

You have: a barely servicable shirt, a barely servicable pair of pants, a barely servicable pair of shoes, 0 PEDs.

Emma is here.
Simon is here.

?

Oh, not a computer RPG. LOL

You are west of the shuttle loading ramp.
To the north you see a yellow wall.
To the east you see the shuttle loading ramp.
To the south you see a yellow wall.
To the west you see Port Atlantis.

You have: a barely servicable shirt, a barely servicable pair of pants, a barely servicable pair of shoes, 0 PEDs.

Emma is here.
Simon is here.

?

Oh, not a computer RPG. LOL

:D I remember thoose from a loooooooooong time ago. But maybe could be done as an mobile app with cool pictures.

Back