pe-wiki DEAD? O_o

UK has lost wiki now. :(

Vedder said:
pe-wiki currently gives this error message:

Notice: This domain name expired on 11/05/06 and is pending renewal or deletion

I sure hope it's not gonna be deleted. :scared:

Dam you beat me to it by 8 hours :D

I want my 5 minuites of precious screen grabbing back! :D

On a serious note, i hope the admin comes back on prety soon, otherwise who knows :scared:

Speaking about it, we know that the domain was registered at go daddy and expired.

What about the hosting?

Where is it hosted and for how long is that host paid?

Until ~30 min ago i was still able to view and do some updates to the wiki.

Minder!!!!

Get your ass back here for a moment, plz. :D

Hey

Since i kinda work with things like dns etc. I can say that in this moment when domain is allready in pending status it cant take 48-72h to get it up and running again.
And this 48-72h when renew process is started as soon as domain has died.

Well, i hope that "Marcus _____" takes actions asp.

-Zap

Cougar said:
Speaking about it, we know that the domain was registered at go daddy and expired.

What about the hosting?

Where is it hosted and for how long is that host paid?

Until ~30 min ago i was still able to view and do some updates to the wiki.

Minder!!!!

DNS servers are looking at SECURESERVER.NET so this where to start looking for the host.

But as the domain name was renewed, I would suspect that it will be back up once the DNS hiccup has propogated itself around the web.

EyeContact said:
Well if you really want to see it, add this line:

Code:
195.26.11.113	www.pe-wiki.info

to the hosts file in the directory:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc (XP users)

Hey, it was unaccessible from Spain too, but I added that line and worked like a charm !!.
Great idea. +rep.

/jdegre.

yep worked for me too (US) +rep

Cougar said:
Minder has quit playing Entropia. it was like months ago..

if minder has quit playing, he may not be aware (or bothered) that the wiki is dead, does any1 have contact details for minder, so we can let him know. And if needs be rescue the wiki

Crille said:
Minder has quit playing Entropia. it was like months ago..

Ya i know but he his the only one who can help us here.

This could have been done before, but if he is no longer interested he can pass the wiki to someone else, and we need him for that.

EyeContact said:

Code:

Thats awesome, worked perfectly :D

@EyeContact. Thanks, I was having a heart-attack. I would +rep you but it says I have to spread some.

Now, what can I do to help keep wiki running? Darn, did I remember to donate? (goes to get my PayPal account unlocked)

Appbase = file:///g:/home/cmce.se/pe-wiki.info/www

GoDaddy sucks round spheres relating male genitalia....

Anyway, anybody knows the exact subdirectory on cmce.se? I was once on the SOAP interface but I can't remember the exact url :(

I've got plenty of room plus bandwidth to host the site. Is Minder wants to pass the torch to someone else I'll be glad to take over.

** Update *** doh, just noticed his wiki is asp based, all my current hosting is linux based. A conversion would be required, doable, just complicates matters. Or I can tack on MS hosting relatively cheaply. We'll just have to wait and see what Minder says.

Birdman

Last edited:
EyeContact said:

Code:

Everyone is happy with this, but what does it do? I'm confused. We still have the problem that pe-wiki is in danger of going away, right?

And along that lines, can't someone "mirror" it (or what ever it's called) so this doesn't happen again?

Oh, and if Minder's email listed here doesn't work, maybe the admins can get the IP address?

Dino said:
Everyone is happy with this, but what does it do? I'm confused. We still have the problem that pe-wiki is in danger of going away, right?

And along that lines, can't someone "mirror" it (or what ever it's called) so this doesn't happen again?

Oh, and if Minder's email listed here doesn't work, maybe the admins can get the IP address?

basically the hosts file is where your computer goes to when it cannot find the domain name of a site.

It simply says ok when you type in www.pe-wiki.info you want to go to 195.26.11.113.

you could change this to: 66.249.89.104 www.pe-wiki.info

and whenever you type www.pe-wiki.info it would goto google :)

some rich guy, save pe-wiki asap!!!

:eek:

Dion Red Strike said:
If someone would make a copy of it, I can host it

The site DOES not need hosting, it works perfectly on it's current host.

A domain name is something different, it associates a www.domain.ext name to a hosting server. That association is subscription based in most cases (for example .ro domains are for life :D)

195.26.11.113 www.pe-wiki.info <-----------------Doesnt work!!
I try to type Ip, but it doesnt work too!!!!!

Minder seems to have disapeared :S. I have been trying to contact him for some weeks now, via MSN and email. No response whatsoever. I guess ill just have to keep trying.

Ok, everyone says this thingy with typing in a load of numbers work, great!

But I havent a clue what I am doing here...

Could someone explain it to me like I am a 5 year old so I can access it again please :girl:

Just pretend for one moment that Pinky is not an experienced PC user and that she doesnt have her 15 year old next door neightbour round to fix everything when it breaks ;)

Theres a +rep in it for you!

if I know, it means u connect to this IP when u type pe-wiki.info!!!
and I think it works when owner online,and it down when owner off
So it's not good solution for us!!!
if u have a copy of pe-wiki,why dont u share it to somone who will host it :)
Please we need a hero to save populaces

PINKY said:
Ok, everyone says this thingy with typing in a load of numbers work, great!

But I havent a clue what I am doing here...

Could someone explain it to me like I am a 5 year old so I can access it again please :girl:

Just pretend for one moment that Pinky is not an experienced PC user and that she doesnt have her 15 year old next door neightbour round to fix everything when it breaks ;)

Theres a +rep in it for you!

OK -

1. Go to your C:/ drive.
2. Go to Windows folder.
3. Go to System32 folder in Windows folder.
4. Go the the Drivers folder in the System32 Folder
5. Go to etc folder in Drivers folder.
6. Right click on the file called Hosts and open with Notepad.
7. Cut and paste the Wiki details (as noted above) underneath the line that says 127.0.0.1 localhost
8. Save the changes and close the Hosts file
8.5 Close and restart your web browser if it is already open.
9. Go to wiki charts as per normal.
10. :)

Last edited:
trung said:
if I know, it means u connect to this IP when u type pe-wiki.info!!!
and I think it works when owner online,and it down when owner off
So it's not good solution for us!!!
if u have a copy of pe-wiki,why dont u share it to somone who will host it :)
Please we need a hero to save populaces

AGAIN, stop proposing hosting solutions, it is not an issue of hosting the site.

You cannot copy pe-wiki, it consists of a SOAP sub-system, a database, files, and scripts. You need an exact server able to host that and alll the components. You can't get the database and scripts from pe-wiki.

TSCRYPTO said:
OK -

1. Go to your C:/ drive.
2. Go to Windows folder.
3. Go to System32 folder in Windows folder.
4. Go the the Drivers folder in the System32 Folder
5. Go to etc folder in Drivers folder.
6. Right click on the file called Hosts and open with Notepad.
7. Cut and paste the Wiki details (as noted above) underneath the line that says 127.0.0.1 localhost
8. Save the changes and close the Hosts file
9. Go to wiki charts as per normal.
10. :)

I've edited my hosts file and it's still not working for me. OS is win2K.

soundboy

soundboy said:
I've edited my hosts file and it's still not working for me. OS is win2K.

soundboy

Hmmm... dunno abt 2K - been a long time since I have had anything to do with it. I would have thought the change would have worked OK with it.

:confused:

TSCRYPTO said:
Hmmm... dunno abt 2K - been a long time since I have had anything to do with it. I would have thought the change would have worked OK with it.

:confused:

I've done the same thing and no luck either on XP. I've edited the hosts file before so it's not anything new to me, just doesn't work.

Back