Personal Data no longer safe!

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
When I read through the new EULA, and the two new parts that are part of the EULA, I had to notice that my personal data provided to MA are no longer save.

17. Additional Terms

Additional terms and conditions are incorporated into this agreement by the following documents:

a. MindArk’s Privacy Policy

b. General Real World Items Agreement

c. End User License Agreement

d. MindArk’s Participant Content Policy

e. Third Party Item’s Purchase Agreement

f. Entropia Universe Interconnect Services – Terms and conditions (T&C)

g. Voice Communication Service - Terms of Use

With this parts f and g, you give MA the right to pass your personal data over to the Third Party Service Provider for any reason. Speak, this Third Party can do with your data whatever they want.

I can´t agree to that and never will agree to such a term.

Now I am in a big trouble!

In order to cash out, I need to log in and sell my stuff.
As soon I log in I have to accept this BS EULA, and my personal data can be shared with a not mentioned Third Party that may use my personal data however they want.

I don´t see it save anymore, and every trust in the complete modell is gone.

For those that don´t care and want to get some nice stuff, you will find some nice things at auction soon.

For me its time to pull the plug, EU got no future with such shady business concepts.

If MA can´t provide a service themselfs, they would do better not offering it.
It would be acceptable to stay with EU, if this part gets cut out of the ToU, and needs seperate acceptance for those that want to use that service (definately not me!).
But thats not the case, therefor the only logical thing is to cash out and leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's likely that this must be added because of the new Voice Communication Service MA provide now.
It is a 3:rd party system handling that ... an Ericsson system, without passing the data "your voice" to their system they had build something own from scrath ... and that does NOT come cheep ! (no point putting big money in that when there are free and very good options available today)

It's there, but you do not have to use it ,, skype rocks btw ;)

Well, I don´t want to use this service!
Anyway, to be able to take part at Entropia Universe, I need to agree to the terms that are only realted to that service I don´t want to use.

Beside that this terms state:
You agree that we may forward you personal information to the Independent Service Provider for any purpose relating to your subscription for the Voice Communication Services, including without limitations billing issues.

Even if I don´t use the service MA is alowed to give them my personal data, as soon I accept actual ToU.

This isn´t accetable.
I don´t want my personal data (including CC informations), spread around to companies that offer services I have never asked for, nor do I plan to use this services, nor do I know what company stands behind that Third Party Service Provider.

Its a risk, I am not willing to take!

Send a support case asking MindArk to convert all of your items into PED at their Trade Terminal value, and then withdraw everything.

Even if I don´t use the service MA is alowed to give them my personal data, as soon I accept actual ToU.

Are you sure?

You agree that we may forward you personal information to the Independent Service Provider for any purpose relating to your subscription for the Voice Communication Services, including without limitations billing issues.

If there's no subscription, there's no reason to apply this. No? :scratch2:

However, I agree that it makes absolutely no sense to send personal information to Ericsson just because of subscribing to that service. Besides that the quoted line even contains spelling mistakes (I copied it from GoNi's post, I don't yet have the original)...

And what's the point about billing issues? There are no "billing issues" with the provider since MA takes the money. It's MA's problem how they report the numbers to Ericsson and they surely can make the numbers anonymous (e.g. 1,234 users in October 2010, total: 1,234.- USD). It has no meaning who actually used the service.

That's just crap :mad:

Are you sure?

If there's no subscription, there's no reason to apply this. No? :scratch2:

However, I agree that it makes absolutely no sense to send personal information to Ericsson just because of subscribing to that service. Besides that the quoted line even contains spelling mistakes (I copied it from GoNi's post, I don't yet have the original)...

And what's the point about billing issues? There are no "billing issues" with the provider since MA takes the money. It's MA's problem how they report the numbers to Ericsson and they surely can make the numbers anonymous (e.g. 1,234 users in October 2010, total: 1,234.- USD). It has no meaning who actually used the service.

That's just crap :mad:

I am not a lawyer and not native english, so maybe I missread it.
Does that bolded part mean, MA isn´t allowed to sent my personal data, as long I don´t subscribe to that service?

If that is the case, I think I can live with it.

The original can be found at:
http://legal.entropiauniverse.com

Send a support case asking MindArk to convert all of your items into PED at their Trade Terminal value, and then withdraw everything.

That would be a really bad deal for me, as I own lot of gear that still got some 1000 PED markup, beside some estate deeds that have a TT value of 0.01 PED, but have a real value of several thousand PED.
Your advise is not an option !

That would be a really bad deal for me, as I own lot of gear that still got some 1000 PED markup, beside some estate deeds that have a TT value of 0.01 PED, but have a real value of several thousand PED.
Your advise is not an option !
MA only guarantees the TT value of items. If you don't agree to the terms of service to log in so you can get more then TT value, that's your choice.

Before you hit the panic button.

Euh MA needs to give some personal info to the third party (proably the voice system) in order to get it fucntions.

IP adress = personal so without that to give to ericsson then it wont work ? Also hotmail/gmail/skype/twitter/google search/ all collect personal data to help them advertise and raise funds so you can uses there systems for free ..

its to protect the 3rd party supplier and to let them know which person to send the FBI / Police to ;)

i think that already your data were shared with other 3 parties companies. I mean, when u log in and u accept the eula is not like the previous login had no effect!!!!!. When u agree one time (also 5 years ago) i m sure MA has the right to share your data with other 3 parties companies.

I am not a lawyer and not native english

Just in case anyone thought that I was: same here, I'm neither a lawyer nor a native speaker.

safe vs save

Maybe a moderator would be kind enough to correct the title and the OP by replacing the word save by the intended safe.

save 1. to keep up and reserve for personal or special use;
safe 1. free from danger or the risk of harm;

Maybe a moderator would be kind enough to correct the title and the OP by replacing the word save by the intended safe.

save 1. to keep up and reserve for personal or special use;
safe 1. free from danger or the risk of harm;

You know the drill: click the
report-40b-hover.png
-icon and report your thoughts. Just posting here will only be heard if a moderator "accidentally" reads your post...

Ma will fix u my frends slowly slowly and after then u will just realise the time and the money u lose it ?! dont cry enjoy and its nice option ther DEPOSIT Ma need moreny its bussines for him and for noobs game:)

You know the drill: click the
report-40b-hover.png
-icon and report your thoughts. Just posting here will only be heard if a moderator "accidentally" reads your post...

This is the message on the text-box when you click the report thingy:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

This is the message on the text-box when you click the report thingy:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Trust me, it's useful for everything you want to let any moderator or admin know about a certain post or thread. E.g., I have reported a decent amount of threads in wrong sections and huge images in posts using this feature.

As I said, they don't (can't and won't) read every single post we make.

FYI, I'll click the icon on your post now and tell them to change that text you quoted on the report-page :). We'll see if anything happens...

Back