personalised items?

What do u think about having personalised items?

• Yes, it would be nice

Votes: 110 79.1%
  • No, I don`t think we need this

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I don`t know or I have no opinion on this

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Count0

Alpha
Society
ROUA
Don Roberto Roberto
What do u think about having personalised items?
I don`t know how difficult this could be for MA coders, but:
-I think it would be nice to be able to personalise our items with words or small symbols
-weapon crafters and tailors could have a trade mark ..
-we could create brands...
-would be a plus for the economy..
-it would be fun
so what do u think?

PS: please don`t flame with things like "there are other things to be fixed 1st".. I guess all of us knew this... I just want to know what do u think about this idea..
Ty

Last edited:
I'd like to put a tag on my donated opalo.
In memory of the donor and for collection...

poll added, u were just to fast posting:)

Voted, too;)
You should see me spending PEDs...:D

Well, as a tailorer I think that this is a pretty good idea :)

But, there has to be a thing that stops creating "real" brands like "Nike"...
Or, 2 companies with the same name...

But I think its a great idea, especially if the Factories / jobs will ever come to EU :)

*voted*

+rep for this one :)

yeah very good ideea...+rep for this...everyone to have the opportunity to create his own brand..i think i will create Mike or Abibos :):wtg: :wtg: :laugh: :laugh:

For sure, I'd like to customise our spaceship with the Scorpio logo for example :)

It has been debated before, I think the main issue for MA is copyright. Additionally an increase of databaseload. There is a thread somewhere with a reply from Marco.

But if they can figure out the copyright issues, I would realy like to see user content in the game. The new signs are a start. I hope to see stuff like paintings, books and sculptures soon. In the other game this is already possible.

uber good idea i have thought that too, you could craft a gun and see later who has it :laugh: could be easy if it is automatically put in crafted stuff,
like made by abdullah abu albino in the info

Yes, I would like a wunderbaum hanging from my mk2, have carried that so long now.

in <other game> online the name of the item crafter can be attached to the item they make.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would create ICYGSWAYFUTATBTOE

Oh whoopidoo!

Patents

Ok, Im new so if this is dunb you can flame the hell out of me:yay:
But couldn't there just be a Patent and TM system just like the us patent office? It works OK (kind of) but it is better than nothing. There would need to be a system to help "punish" ppl who violate patent rights.
Problem with that is that then we would need to hire virtual attorneys (new profession?).. Just a thought...:confused:

players dont own the right to objects scripts in eu. The closest they can come is owning a copy of a blueprint which lets them make the items.

everyone has equal rights to items if they can manage to get their hands on the blueprints for it...

if im wrong here please correct.

I would love to see who the previous owner is when you find items left around, it would be really cool to see who left them. Or to know who made your clothes, weapons, tools. Even put name tags on your armour :)

Im gonna see if i can loot me some iron in transfers. Or one of those ticker tape guns that you press words into then cut off the tape bit and stick it to things( I have no idea what they are called but im sure you know what I mean ;) )

But great idea would love to see something like this implemented

you hath speaketh of that, which must not be named :eek:

Yeah, I think it was cool if we could add some "personal touch" to our stuff.

Clothes, weapons any item, it would be cool to change them. Im not talking about they stats, but, at least, paint them. In fact, if every avatar can have skills in coloring, why not using them with all the items.

A good example is the armors, some are cool but others just suck in color.
Why not painting them and add a personal touch on it?

I think it was cool also if we could do the same on the weapons. All the weapons are the same, its a lil boring.

colouring and personalising weapons

I think there would be a big market in weapons colouring, It would give the colourists another revenue stream and brighten up the hunt.

Z

Ty for all your posts.
Maybe some1 will see this thread and this poll... :)

It has been debated before, I think the main issue for MA is copyright. Additionally an increase of databaseload. There is a thread somewhere with a reply from Marco.

Is this the post you were referring to? :D

Whats to stop someone from making chlothes wich infringe on somebodys copyright. Or have swastikas on them for that matter.

So this means that someone at MA would have to review each pattern, at least if they would want complete security. Random peer review could also be possible though, but might not catch all except the most obvious attempts at abuse.

This states about signs on clothing as markings...
If MA does not put in any brandings / logo's, but just a text option???
And have a wordfilter on the messages? So offensive content can be blocked, or makers of those items can be banned.

I dont really see the problem for the designs, as they do not have to be altered :)
MA can keep making their (example) luna pattern clothings for EU, and we just place nametags on it :)

Why not have the crafters name on what ever it is that is crafted?

Say an OreAmp-104 that someone has crafted, they have their avatar name on it

Last edited:
I'd like to put a tag on my donated opalo.
In memory of the donor and for collection...

Noobie in orange takes opalo, runs to TT, trades it for unbranded one :rolleyes:

Since my last post got deleted cause by the mere mention of virtual life outside of EU......

All I'll say is it a big world out there look around there are places where this already exists.

I dont se the point in personalized items. Who cares about the name on something? Well maybe if they cost a little less then items without a name.
The main thing in game seems to be how cheap ypu can get something you want.
Oh i just got an idea of how to make overpriced items to drop in price.
Get the item a name and sell it cheaper. THAT would work.

Ok im for named items :)

I think it would be nice for brand if MA ever opens factories. However unless it is just adding your name or a signal onto side may be wasteful when time may be better spent fixing lag and bugs. It is a good idea though and would be neat. :)

I think that's not necessary but could be interesting. Like in real life are people who what knows who is a producer of item...good company mean good quality. But here it's usefull because you cannot try it. And quality of items here is easy to check out in description of this item.

Back