Planet calypso patch notes 2015.2.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO PATCH NOTES 2015.2.1
2015-06-23
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

• The Southwest entrance to Fort Troy has received its turrets
  • Fort Troy has received a minor visual tweak
  • Better information access for some Thule missions
  • Moved the televators atop of the Athena Spaceport landing platforms closer to the walkways, also changed their models
  • Eos Teleporter model changed (no need to rediscover)

• Thule now properly displays the name Thule above the radar instead of Calypso Gateway
  • The teleporter to Thule in Port Atlantis is now working again, but you must meet the criteria to be able to use it: Highest Profession level of 5 or lower, or Mentor level 2 or higher
  • Fixed an issue where the Warrior Generation 04 didn't use ranged attack
  • Fixed a graphical issue with Falxangius creature
  • Valkyrie T1 now has the correct startup sound

Originally Posted Here

• The teleporter to Thule in Port Atlantis is now working again, but you must meet the criteria to be able to use it: Highest Profession level of 5 or lower, or Mentor level 2 or higher

Uh-oh... I have no idea what my Mentor level is, but I guess it is not even at level 2 :( No more Thule exploration for me then, for now.

Yeah really a hugh loss to the newbies that will have no assistant at thule anymore. how many players are +lvl 2 in metoring? a handfull.

Last edited:
Uh-oh... I have no idea what my Mentor level is, but I guess it is not even at level 2 :( No more Thule exploration for me then, for now.

this means 200+ disciples graduated with new system or only old timers can do that
way to go again MA
Mentor system is still a joke overall and is why a lot dont put more comitment into it

this means 200+ disciples graduated with new system or only old timers can do that
way to go again MA
Mentor system is still a joke overall and is why a lot dont put more comitment into it

Yeah it does. You need to have 10 graduating disciples to even have the mentioring profession unlocked!!

Yeah it does. You need to have 10 graduating disciples to even have the mentioring profession unlocked!!

Dont mean in a ungratefull way, atm disciples got the motivation to graduate by getting gifts, but skilling this up is madly hard
lets say if you have 10 disciples that are hard to get into the game and even become passive depositors (by only purchasing the gold pack) still will take them a long time to graduate so you can possibly get the points.

And it should be also about trying to have retention rate and people enjoying the game, not farming the points.
But getting 1 point after all the effort is almost humiliating imo. Since old timers had HUGE advantage.
I was told before you could get 10s of points for 1 graduated disciple, and requirements were different then.

It is a start whats done, but not enough yet i think
But at least starters got those usefull guides/missions atm which is good

This sucks for me.
According to the list of "My Items" on the website, I have 91 items in storage there. Many of these are irreplaceable, and most have value to me.

Now, I need to become a professional mentor for the next few years just to get them back???

The irony is that I cannot rage quit and sell out.
I can still go Taco though.

Screw it. In the big scheme of things, I know it doesn't really matter much. Losing those things still sucks, though.

Ima go get a cuppa coffee.

The teleporter to Thule in Port Atlantis is now working again, but you must meet the criteria to be able to use it: Highest Profession level of 5 or lower, or Mentor level 2 or higher

meaning if you have a skill over level 5 you can use it? OR you can have mentor level 2?

The teleporter to Thule in Port Atlantis is now working again, but you must meet the criteria to be able to use it: Highest Profession level of 5 or lower, or Mentor level 2 or higher

meaning if you have a skill over level 5 you can use it? OR you can have mentor level 2?

It says or lower. You have to be 5 or under to enter OR have mentor lvl 2

Lots of fun for people who used Gateway storage to toss away stuff.

(Fortunately I only have some blueprints there)

Yeah really a hugh loss to the newbies that will have no assistant at thule anymore. how many players are +lvl 2 in metoring? a handfull.

No more Thule for me either.

Just curious if there are one or two people who had used the storage there to off-load items and now can't reach it. (I don't have anything there, maybe a belkar stone or something like that just as a test.)

No more Thule for me either.

Just curious if there are one or two people who had used the storage there to off-load items and now can't reach it. (I don't have anything there, maybe a belkar stone or something like that just as a test.)

ME!!! Have like 2-3 hundred ped sitting down there I can't get to. Hopefully someday I will reach mentor level 2. Although I have no idea if there is an actual mentor level as it doesn't show in my professions list only my skill list.

ME!!! Have like 2-3 hundred ped sitting down there I can't get to. Hopefully someday I will reach mentor level 2. Although I have no idea if there is an actual mentor level as it doesn't show in my professions list only my skill list.

I'd ask support to move them to (whichever planet most convienient) as you stored items there in good faith and had no indication or warning of this change making you unable to retrieve them.

I think they need to consider lowering the mentor profession requirement to 0, as most people dont have the mentoring profession unlocked, so if you do have it unlocked, by definition you are a successful mentor (under the new skill system which most of us will be)

I think they need to consider lowering the mentor profession requirement to 0, as most people dont have the mentoring profession unlocked, so if you do have it unlocked, by definition you are a successful mentor (under the new skill system which most of us will be)

Isn't it at level 1 as soon as you unlock it? I thought that's how the unlock works, when you have enough to get the first level it opens. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

Either way, I do think the current requirements are too tough and you're probably right that unlocking the profession, whether that's 0 or 1, should be enough. At the very least, somewhere in between that and what it is now.

Unfortunately whatever the limit is, it doesn't stop the exploiters who just mentor their own alts to get a good rating and the items, and those are the sort of people we definitely don't want in Thule (or in the game at all).

Isn't it at level 1 as soon as you unlock it? I thought that's how the unlock works, when you have enough to get the first level it opens. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

Either way, I do think the current requirements are too tough and you're probably right that unlocking the profession, whether that's 0 or 1, should be enough. At the very least, somewhere in between that and what it is now.

Unfortunately whatever the limit is, it doesn't stop the exploiters who just mentor their own alts to get a good rating and the items, and those are the sort of people we definitely don't want in Thule (or in the game at all).

No you stay at zero when you unlock Mentoring. I'm 00.21% with 18 successful disciples (and thats higher than most people)

I'm not sure what was in mind of the Calypso devs in imposing such a wide barrier to entry, and I hope that they'll re-consider this. Or that they will at least reduce the Mentor level to a more achievable setting so that those who routinely help rookies on Thule (when they 'lose' their car/get stuck with a bug/die and respawn off the usual mission route/etc) can still do so.

It's not so long ago that I was flying bunches of rookies to the Crystalline Cavern reentry point every night due to a bug. And while that particular bug seems to be fixed for now, one can't foresee what might crop up in a future VU where rookies could again require considerable hands-on assistance from the existing playerbase.

This sucks for me.
According to the list of "My Items" on the website, I have 91 items in storage there. Many of these are irreplaceable, and most have value to me.

Now, I need to become a professional mentor for the next few years just to get them back???

I've heard of quite a few people who regularly used Thule storage, particularly for non-stackable items.
I've been told that Support will move items in Thule storage back to your Calypso storage on request.

Indeed,

Support has graciously moved all the items from Thule to my carried inventory, as requested in my support case.

I even had a stack of 5 Halloween Candy, which was moved to me on a different planet, bypassing lootable space.:D

Ha ha ha! Those pirates will never get my candy!:dodge:

In truth, when I made the request to move to another planet (or me while on another planet), I thought all items were non-stackable. I previously used it as a storage for less used gear.

I am happy to say, "kudos to support on this."

No you stay at zero when you unlock Mentoring. I'm 00.21% with 18 successful disciples (and thats higher than most people)

I guess you probably also have a little bit more than some because of some of those disciples being in the old system where you could get a bigger skill gain than just the one point.

So we're looking at something 200 graduated disciples to get level 2 I think? That is ridiculously high.

I'm not sure what was in mind of the Calypso devs in imposing such a wide barrier to entry, and I hope that they'll re-consider this. Or that they will at least reduce the Mentor level to a more achievable setting so that those who routinely help rookies on Thule (when they 'lose' their car/get stuck with a bug/die and respawn off the usual mission route/etc) can still do so.

It's just to stop me going there for mining.

I guess you probably also have a little bit more than some because of some of those disciples being in the old system where you could get a bigger skill gain than just the one point.

So we're looking at something 200 graduated disciples to get level 2 I think? That is ridiculously high.

I think I had 5 successful graduates prior to VU 10 in 2009, but I did it after the skill nerf in 2007 (when new players had 1 stamina for starting) so I actually only received partial skill points for each skill gain. It is prior to 2007 that the people got lots of points per successful graduate.

The new system gives exactly 1 point per graduate, which is more than I received in 2008-9.

Either way, you are looking at at around 10 graduates to unlock the mentoring profession, 10 points is when it unlocked for me if I recall correctly.

It seems to me that the barrier of 200 successfully graduated disciples would limit those who offer genuine help.

Those 'skilled mentors' who are allowed are probably not very helpful, as they would have farmed disciples (or more precisely, farmed mentorship gifts) by sifting through numerous disciples.
The apparent goal for these 'skilled mentors' is to encourage new players to simply graduate and move on, not actually learn the game.

I could be wrong, and I hope so. There may be one or two diamonds out there, but I have a hard time believing that most high ranking mentors are dedicated to new players and the game (rather than themselves).

The best mentors are the ones who do so willingly.

On another note,
I wonder if the reason for this change was to limit the influence of cheaters, morons, and scammers on new players.

Allow the new players to experience the game and have fun.
Allow them to get out of the gateway, with a sweet first taste.

When Thule first opened, I loved the setting and relative quiet. I would spend time there hunting the small mobs or mining.
Not long after, I encountered many rude idiots (not new players), who did not get along well with others.
I soon left, only retuning for the occasional quick trip to storage there.

So there are two sides to the same coin. Less help but a friendlier place to begin :)

I could be wrong, and I hope so. There may be one or two diamonds out there, but I have a hard time believing that most high ranking mentors are dedicated to new players and the game (rather than themselves).

Back when the mentor system was changed, loads of people just snagged all of their mates in game, who were all hardcore hunters, and manage to rack up an enormous amount of disciples, mentor skill and Superior ratings.

Making it all worthless.

I try not to take on more than one or two active players at a time, otherwise I can't give them enough focus. That and the fact that every disciple in the new system has only ever looted me Hunter armour.

I'm beginning to think that someone with the loot controls at MindArk hates my guts.

Back