Question: Privateer Deeds - do they identify the ship by name, or...?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
I know Motherships have Deeds and Mindark assigned names. From what I understand, Privateers were given to hangar owners in the last two years, or so. Do Privateers have names? Could someone post a screenshot of a Privateer Deed and the info screen for the ship itself? Are the Privateers tied to the hangars they came from in any way?

Privateers are identified on the deed, but not in the same way as motherships. Privateers do not have individual names, but rather numbers such as Starfinder XIV.

They are in no way directly tied to hangars.

Thank you for the information. Is there any way to tell which ship was issued to which hangar owner? Does each Privateer have a unique name/number?

There are 70 privateers - the ships are named Starfinder I thru to Starfinder XXXV, and Pathfinder I thru to Pathfinder XXXV.

When Space was opened, the former hanger owners were issued with a deed to a privateer, a deed to a hangar estate, and an UL space thruster. Each of those items can be, and in many cases has been, traded separately. If there is supposed to be any 'link' between a particular privateer and a particular hangar, there is no indication of such on either deed.

There is no way of knowing which privateer was issued to which former (pre-vu10) hangar owner. The numbers the privateers issued to those owners of the hangars either side of the one I used pre-vu10 were not in numerical order with the deed I am holding.

Think you for the answers. One more question regarding the names: Did Starfinder or Pathfinder get released in different orders? Or did all the deeds get released simultaneously?

Think you for the answers. One more question regarding the names: Did Starfinder or Pathfinder get released in different orders? Or did all the deeds get released simultaneously?

All the privateer deeds were released to the former (pre-vu10) hangar owners at the same time.

Just as an extra note to this thread afaik the privateers were numbered as they were claimed so the later they were claimed the higher your ships number. This has absolutely no relevance as to whether it was a Starfinder or a Pathfinder just MA doing their "thing" as usual :) All PT's are the same until u start playing with the SI.

MindArk won't let us rename our privateers yet :( I have asked

What was the reason for giving the hangar owners UL thrusters? Is there a link between them and the Privateer at all? (Perhaps to attach them to the Privateer so they can land/take off and enter space via a hangar someday?) Or was it simply to allow them to attach it to a Quad-Wing, or sell it..?

What was the reason for giving the hangar owners UL thrusters? Is there a link between them and the Privateer at all? (Perhaps to attach them to the Privateer so they can land/take off and enter space via a hangar someday?) Or was it simply to allow them to attach it to a Quad-Wing, or sell it..?

How can you go up from planet to yours privateer?...using a quad or vtol with a thruster attached right?...imo they should had handed out UL vtols too to them, but im not one of the owners so i dont mind :D

I suspect Privateers will be allowed to land eventually and thus will need an UL Thruster or maybe not need one at all. I think once there is a space update. The hangars obviously were built with a purpose in mind, lets hope they have a purpose soon.

Little off topic... but continuing from Bjorns post...

Rumour mill suggests that hangars may be the only way to leave/enter the planet in the future.. ie: quads will pay a small fee to owners to launch into space and planet entry fee may become hangar/PP shared revenue. Also means hangars may be released on other planets which seems a natural progression. Not sure if the thruster will be made redundant in this situation.

I'll emphasise that its all heresay but the source is 'reputable'.

How can you go up from planet to yours privateer?...using a quad or vtol with a thruster attached right?...imo they should had handed out UL vtols too to them, but im not one of the owners so i dont mind :D
I am hoping that hangars are the only location that a Privateer can land in the future and, they won't need a Thruster...I think the UL Thruster is supposed to be for a Quad-Wing, or VTOL, like BestGamerEver said :wtg:

I don't mind or care where I land my ship onplanet - just as long as I can do - someday :yay:

I suspect Privateers will be allowed to land eventually and thus will need an UL Thruster or maybe not need one at all. I think once there is a space update. The hangars obviously were built with a purpose in mind, lets hope they have a purpose soon.

the hangars are not on the roadmap, therefor they will not have a purpose soon.

Rumour mill suggests that hangars may be the only way to leave/enter the planet in the future.. ie: quads will pay a small fee to owners to launch into space and planet entry fee may become hangar/PP shared revenue. Also means hangars may be released on other planets which seems a natural progression. Not sure if the thruster will be made redundant in this situation.

This could also be the reason they want(ed) to delete athena spaceport. There are no hangars there but landing platforms. The march of last years plan to "terraform" the entire athena area would support the above quote.

the hangars are not on the roadmap, therefor they will not have a purpose soon.

There are currently no plans in place to develop the hangars.

MA's mistake was, when compensating pre-vu10 hangar owners with estates, making those estates look like hangars, thus opening the way to all these speculations.

They should have made a nice little village for retired astronauts, "The Last Warp" or something, somewhere around Billy's Spaceship Afterworld :)

MA's mistake was, when compensating pre-vu10 hangar owners with estates, making those estates look like hangars, thus opening the way to all these speculations.

They should have made a nice little village for retired astronauts, "The Last Warp" or something, somewhere around Billy's Spaceship Afterworld :)

I think there were probably plans by SEE who released those, but as these people are out of the picture those plans are now toast. MA is not planning to make it a priority as mentioned.

It is a shame though that these nice hangars are just decoration and storage.
But maybe, just like hangar owners waited several years to be able to fly in space, maybe the hangars will be operational in 7 years as well ;) ... maybe ... hopefully ... for those speculating.

That being said, I love my toy ... euh ... privateer :)

Regards,

Atami

A rumour likely started by hangar owners to keep the value up, because as others have pointed out, only official word is that there is no plan at this time.

Back