Project-Entropia - Myth's, Rumor's and Legend's.

This one can use a bump :yay:

I once heared a rumour that there was a player who killed Hogglo's naked with just a blade :eek:

This one can use a bump :yay:

I once heared a rumour that there was a player who killed Hogglo's naked with just a blade :eek:

You almost got it right. It was an avatar named Chuck Norris that killed hogglos naked, but he didn't use a blade, just his foot in a supersonic roundhouse kick. ;)

Person who has highest perception must loot the mob!!

Oh oh perception drop a bomb!!! :laugh:

omg yes a friend and me actually followed that rule for like 3 months together.
kinda worked out not to be working though.

we actually discussed this a few days ago..
apart from reading it in this thread .. good old times ^^

That team member that did the highest deposit lately and didn´t UBER-HoF untill the depo, should loot.

nothing to do with perception.

but damn, tried that out, didn´t work :)

always nice to read these stories again and again..

bump....for the good ol'days

Person who has highest perception must loot the mob!!

Oh oh perception drop a bomb!!! :laugh:

If this one is true, all you need is a scanner. Scan mobs until you get a Perception gain, then kill the mob.

Heh heh...

I heard a rumor that you can actually MAKE money in this game. Don't know whether it's true or not ;)

I heard a rumor that you can actually MAKE money in this game. Don't know whether it's true or not ;)

Not true... However, you can take other people's money... directly (via scamming - not the preferred method) or indirectly (via bids on auctions where people did something dumb and sold a lot lower than they should, winning stacks in pvp, etc.)... that is uh, unless you are MA... then you can make all the money you want... and the strange thing is it will be treated as real money for the most part, even if it's just pixels on a computer server.

I saw small blueish asteroids falling to the ground twice, one west of Twin mall, one at Neas place. They are even shown on the radar for some seconds as a grey dot, but i was never able to reach the impact point before it disappeared. Does anybody know what is behind this?

Wasn't this the event when minerals fell to earth - the one and only mining 'event' that I can remember!

what about the one where the M1 always does max damage to Aurli ? can anyone conf

That must be Dan Petrov :)

Dan or Jor?

Wasn't this the event when minerals fell to earth - the one and only mining 'event' that I can remember!

There was the time the "asteroid" hit Amethera and deposits were pumped up. I made a bundle scuba mining around Treasure Island.

Reactions: P-J
great thread need a bump;)

i also like to know a few things:

first i heard that the benemoth lived under the deer in new oxford in the caves there. Anyone know if this is true or not or have any other stories about the caves? (i belive i saw a pic from there)

also is there a storie behind the oil rig?
i think i remember someone told me about it but i forgot:(

great thread need a bump;)

i also like to know a few things:

first i heard that the benemoth lived under the deer in new oxford in the caves there. Anyone know if this is true or not or have any other stories about the caves? (i belive i saw a pic from there)

also is there a storie behind the oil rig?
i think i remember someone told me about it but i forgot:(

Boorum spawn in Thorkell's (<--not sure if that is spelled right) cave now and again but I have not heard of the Behemoth living there I don't think it would fit in the caves.

...Also. This next one is a rumour that I actually presume to be true.
Look at a list of globals over time. I've documented this, and its true. Most globals go to people with the same first letters in their 2 first names.
ie. Fred Freestyle Savage (made up) and then you'll see another straight away from French Fact Trooper (another made up). Watch closely, you'll see I'm right about this.

Maybe that is because Most people Make names with the same two letters being the same since the second name is considered a Nickname and usually derived from the first.

Many years ago i had 2 laser sight that was bugged (no decay when i used them) But if you repaired them the bugg would go away and the sights started to decay again. THIS IS 100% TRUE!. to bad i gave the laser sights away :mad:

Back a few years ago there was a myth that a team of 4 newbies killed a Feffoid and looted a Mod FAP. They didn't know it was a rare item and after the hunt one of them was about to sell it to TT when one of the teammates figured out it was a good item. So they all deposited in $10 so they could repair it and they took turns using it. :yay:

So, I'm three years late to this thread... stumbled on it and just finished reading the entire thing. Think I'll add a thing or two.

1. World designers 'signed' their names on the grass underneath Hades.

I don't know of anyone else that can confirm this, but I saw it a couple of times. Back during the CoT when I was connecting to PE via a 33.6K modem, I always had to be careful to never logout around a popular outpost or city since I would have major issues logging back into the game in a crowded area.

Apparently PE sent the data for the positioning of static world objects in an avatar's immediate surroundings to the client as needed. So, when logging into a complex environment such as Hades, I'd see buildings slowly pop into place onto the terrain. If other avatars were in the area, Hades would load VERY slowly leaving me free to run around the grassland area Hades sat on.

During one of those times running around the partially loaded city i found the world designers' 'signature' written in large letters on the grassy terrain. It said something like 'Created By' and then listed a name or two. I don't remember the exact details, it was a long time back and I definitely wasn't into the game enough back then to think of taking a screenshot.

2. Early versions of the mining system had dirt simple patterns of statically located claims in some regions (e.g. chimera canyons area).

For instance, one common 'pattern' was a line of claims running in a straight line from NNW to SSE with claims spread out every couple hundred units. If you knew the secret, mining was simply a process of trying a couple key locations to find a 'vein' that hand't been mined and then hitting the ~20 or so deposits in the vein.

The claims truly were static, at least for a couple VUs. Too many players figured out the veins, eventually, thanks to hundreds of bugged claim rods scattered all over the place in nice straight lines...

I've read a story lately where a player claims to have found the secret to un(L); (L)-items. Agian pure speculation. The story about the history of the ancient items i did not know and sounds preatty plausible.

I spent some good minutes reading interesting stories I wasnt aware of :)

RUMOR:
There is a lake on Eudoria that lets you walk underwater without swimming, and mobs can't drown in it. - TRUE (the dark swirl by the SC south of Pandora)

Yes this rumour is very true I actually found it thinking it was just a bug which MA didnt know about now I can see its was an on purpose feature :laugh:. Sorry thou I don't exactly remember where it is/ was I was just exploring one time and I stumbled upon it by accident it was on top of a big hilly area. When I go in-game and ill try to look for it on the map only problem is you actually cant see the water on the map its not there so will take sometime but when I do then ill edit & post the cords for ppl to see for themselves or not :D.

Last edited:
Yes this rumour is very true I actually found it thinking it was just a bug which MA didnt know about now I can see its was an on purpose feature :laugh:. Sorry thou I don't exactly remember where it is/ was I was just exploring one time and I stumbled upon it by accident it was on top of a big hilly area. When I go in-game and ill try to look for it on the map only problem is you actually cant see the water on the map its not there so will take sometime but when I do then ill edit & post the cords for ppl to see for themselves or not :D.

It was pre VU10, East from Fort Echinda NE of the pvp3. It did exist

It was pre VU10, East from Fort Echinda NE of the pvp3. It did exist
I know it exists I saw it... & its not where you say it is. I tried looking for it but I had trouble finding it again. I do remember it was the furthest point north from Minopolis. On the green patch of the map very close to the water on a mountain area about 250 metres up.

I once heared a rumour that there was a player who killed Hogglo's naked with just a blade
Never done that, but I have killed a mid-maturity Ambu solo that way before! Hands hurt for a few days after that from hitting the fap quick key so many times, lol.

No - it wasn't at Neas either... It was pre vu 10 near the hanger southwest of Fort Argus.

;)

I know it exists I saw it... & its not where you say it is. I tried looking for it but I had trouble finding it again. I do remember it was the furthest point north from Minopolis. On the green patch of the map very close to the water on a mountain area about 250 metres up.

I meant before VU10, if it still exists today i dont know where it is

Even after 4 years , i love to read this thread! :)

Agreed, right?!
This thread has a large amount of nostalgic value, and it's very interesting to re-live Entropia as it was years ago.
So many fascinating stories and rumors are written in this thread,
a recommended read.

I meant before VU10, if it still exists today i dont know where it is

You can walk under water, and creatures wont drown in that Lake at Eos. Only at one place in the lake tho, not a big area either.

... you can jump from the highest mountains without a scratch .... :lolup:

Back