Project-Entropia - Myth's, Rumor's and Legend's.

the best thread I've read so far on EF, thanks to the one that bumped it!
Note that the perc gain myth is still alive, 1-2 monthes ago I saw someone at nea's in a group of sweaters saying "i got a perception gain, someone drop a bomb right at my feet". I know I was mining 100m away...and yes..:(... I went to drop a probe there lol

filibert

While purusing another forum I noticed someone had drug up an old post about the "Sacred Atrox Burrial Ground". Which no one ever found. There has been many stories told to noobs over the years. Another one was the secret hidden second oil rig that was suppose to of been in PVP1. Which also no one ever found.

I remember hearing the stories of some UBER noob who went around knifing giant mobs in his orange jump suit. Apparently having incredible skill levels for someone back in the day. Also this noob no one ever heard of had the infamous Imp MK2. This one turned out to be true, you all know "Dan".

Anyone else remeber old stories or rumor's that use to float around about things that never actualy exsisted?

there was an oil platform S of eudoria don't knwo if it gave any oil though but you recived a warning msg that you could be killed i think

then again it hasn'r existed in years ... if not i reapeared and no1 has found it yet? and that's why they made boats :O dun dun dun!

I remember being told the loot pool (another myth) was on top of the old Desert Tower. Well we climbed it for 3 hours and found nada, but THAT was one fun and scary climb!

Obie Wan

I remember being told the loot pool (another myth) was on top of the old Desert Tower. Well we climbed it for 3 hours and found nada, but THAT was one fun and scary climb!

Obie Wan

LOL

everyone knows it's at the end of the rain bow .... :silly2:

Obie Wan

ah the story of my first tp chip... too bad the top was hollow so i got stuck on one of the "legs" ._. also the day of my very first promotion by Sarg ...rip:(

I didnt read any of the previous post but i like to talk about rumor...so here some id like some ppl to know more about even if they arent 100% accurate they are still listed in the HoF for ATH...

1st mining stormer's ath happened when he was interviewed "live" to talk about entropia...

2nd-6th stormer's ath happened almost same time(not online to confirm it but still), each year since then...

1st mining leeloo ath happened when she was interviewed "live" to talk about entropia...

some more to come... lol ;)

no offence to anyone... its all about rumors right?

Last edited:
I didnt read any of the previous post but i like to talk about rumor...so here some id like some ppl to know more about even if they arent 100% accurate they are still listed in the HoF for ATH...

1st mining stormer's ath happened when he was interviewed "live" to talk about entropia...

2nd-6th stormer's ath happened almost same time(not online to confirm it but still), each year since then...

1st mining leeloo ath happened when she was interviewed "live" to talk about entropia...

Skippie's a grower!

some more to come... lol ;)

no offence to anyone... its all about rumors right?

wanna interview me live?

Hmm if those are true it is VERY odd indeed...

2. Early versions of the mining system had dirt simple patterns of statically located claims in some regions (e.g. chimera canyons area).

For instance, one common 'pattern' was a line of claims running in a straight line from NNW to SSE with claims spread out every couple hundred units. If you knew the secret, mining was simply a process of trying a couple key locations to find a 'vein' that hand't been mined and then hitting the ~20 or so deposits in the vein.

The claims truly were static, at least for a couple VUs. Too many players figured out the veins, eventually, thanks to hundreds of bugged claim rods scattered all over the place in nice straight lines...

I confirm this one, you could make long parallel lines of claim rods in some specific areas.

There was also a time when PvP area (there was only one at this time) was a paradise for miners. You could double/triple/more bomb the same spot and get a nice cluster of deposits. There was also a bugged drill tower in the middle of it that stayed there for months and maybe years.

Just spent a while reading all theses pages. Great memories!

I confirm this one, you could make long parallel lines of claim rods in some specific areas.

There was also a time when PvP area (there was only one at this time) was a paradise for miners. You could double/triple/more bomb the same spot and get a nice cluster of deposits. There was also a bugged drill tower in the middle of it that stayed there for months and maybe years.

Just spent a while reading all theses pages. Great memories!

Confirmed, make about 2k peds on these old school veins.

I can confirm both the mining vein rumors and the finding random items on the ground rumor. I found many many bombs and probes on the ground while out and about. I also found alot of decoys.

I just had a lysterium vein 2 days ago. Four lyst claims of not more than VI size in a 100m radius.

I often had the discussion with other miners if landscape features actually mean something and the general agreement was that they have no influence on mining. My newer reasearches show something different. We have several active volcanoes in Eudoruia and some of them seem to have rich sediment spots on the sides.

Great reading (I read the whole damn thing), more more more:yay:

I just had a lysterium vein 2 days ago. Four lyst claims of not more than VI size in a 100m radius.

I often had the discussion with other miners if landscape features actually mean something and the general agreement was that they have no influence on mining. My newer reasearches show something different. We have several active volcanoes in Eudoruia and some of them seem to have rich sediment spots on the sides.

I agree with this,perhaps just luck but I seem to get more finds when I mine in distinct landscapes as well.

perception

First off , hi to everyone. I have been watching for perc during hunts because all the rumors. While im not 100% sure ( you can never be here) it seems to me you get perc if the loot is going to be over the cost of the kill. Just an observation , which being a noob may be flawed . All in all this game is fun just to play , and what is fun that dont cost money. Good luck to all , and this is a great thread. in game ava ( travis nomad Barnes)

I heard you could put any amp on any gun you wanted before: and there were people with A204s on Opalos!

Just joking. This Is a great thread to read. Very entertaining:)

Can confirm this is indeed true. Running around with a Dante on my opalo. Good times, then the amp nerf VU came along.

Can confirm this is indeed true. Running around with a Dante on my opalo. Good times, then the amp nerf VU came along.

Dante on opalo ??
Are you sure?

I think there are only 2 legends.

The Atrox Egg.

The item Ter won.

it seems to me you get perc if the loot is going to be over the cost of the kill. Just an observation , which being a noob may be flawed . All in all this game is fun just to play , and what is fun that dont cost money. Good luck to all , and this is a great thread. in game ava ( travis nomad Barnes)

I've seen perception many times with no loot.

perception.png

I think there are only 2 legends.

The Atrox Egg.

The item Ter won.

i had totaly forgott about that :O i do remember reading what he thought it was though or am i emagining that?

any1 remember what it was or what he thought it was?

or even better finding that thread

Dante on opalo ??
Are you sure?

My bad, you could put any size amp on the corresponding weapon. Don't know why i said dante on opalo...but you understand (A204 on opalo and Mann, etc...)

Amp nerf came in VU 8.7, found this post http://unionova.eu/eu/history/vu/8/7.php funny, i had to find it externally as it's not posted on the official forums.

Last edited:
I heared Faustian impressed some big oil company and now works as rig security.
And tigerman got really sick due too 4 years not sleeping and now his brain lies frozen in an MA freezer next too a sixpack rdy too get his mind uploaded too the server during the sixth golden age.

Wow, another necro...we are bored on a Sunday I think. Interesting read, kinda hints that SDS need to bring out some nice storylines soon! I mean if you see WoW they seem to have a new thing out every now and then.
I don't bother reading the short messages (poor attempts at story) in the mission broker pop up boxes because they have no purpose!

At the moment we have Missions: Kill x number of mobs for y reward, do you accept yes or no? Hopefully when this is necroed in 4 years again, there are more stories to talk about....

Hmmm?!?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-marco-still-working-mindark-fpc-sds-wtf.html
Marco Behrmann is not employed by MindArk PE or any of its subsidiaries.

http://seeglobalentertainment.com/about/executive-team.html
MARCO BEHRMANN
Managing Director of SEE Digital Studios
Marco Behrmann is responsible for managing and overseeing all development projects for SEE Digital Studios. With over 15 years of industry experience, Behrmann joined MindArk in 2002 as the Lead Game Designer responsible for Planet Calypso’s game system and rules. In 2008, he was appointed CEO of MindArk’s former subsidiary, First Planet Company AB, with a clear focus on making Planet Calypso one of the top online interactive games.

Behrmann began his career as founding partner of one of Sweden’s most prominent fantasy role-play and printing firms, Neogames AB. He later took a step into the computer games industry as a lead designer and marketing director for ComputerHouse GBG AB. Before joining the MindArk family, Behrmann became the marketing director for Portal Publishing, known for the highly successful lifestyle magazine CODEX.

Marco’s main expertise is in game system design, leadership, online psychology and Internet community management. He studied systems science and economics at the University of Gothenburg between 1993 and 1997. In his spare time, Marco enjoys playing different games, watching films and keeping up-to-date about what’s happening in the world of technology and IT.

Maybe Marco does still have a job since SDS's site isn't updated, either that or See really needs to get a better person in charge of updating their website (assuming they still work there?)?!?... Kim said not employed by MindArk PE or any of its subsidiaries, but didn't say if SDS is considered a subsidiary?!?

Back