Public Apology.

Now I'm getting interested in who is moderating the chat which i thought for ages was moderated by MA support 😂

@Ludvig|MindArk could you please enlighten us who is moderatin the #calytrade, for instance, and what the rules are for bans? Because this is the first instance of anyone i've heard of getting banned. It'd be nice to have those guidelines.

He's not the first one to be banned from those trade channels and probably won't be the last one. I agree totally would be nice to know what the rules/guidelines are. However, since it's not MA in charge of these channels it's up to the player(s) who moderate these channels to communicate the rules with us.

I'm not sure if MA are even allowed to name the player(s) in charge of these channels publicly as it may go against some data protection act (I forget the name of it).

@Ludvig|MindArk could you please enlighten us who is moderatin the #calytrade, for instance, and what the rules are for bans? Because this is the first instance of anyone i've heard of getting banned. It'd be nice to have those guidelines.
its none of mindark's business what happens in player-moderated channels

He's not the first one to be banned from those trade channels and probably won't be the last one. I agree totally would be nice to know what the rules/guidelines are. However, since it's not MA in charge of these channels it's up to the player(s) who moderate these channels to communicate the rules with us.

I'm not sure if MA are even allowed to name the player(s) in charge of these channels publicly as it may go against some data protection act (I forget the name of it).
I wasn't aware it was a player running this channel. So any player can start a new channel? Excuse my ignorance.

Cold messaging people is just as annoying as a telemarketer call in my opinion, and slimy. If you can't bring the business with your prices alone, then you are most likely resorting to something else that is altogether lame. The ban should hold. Start your own trade channel.

nothing stops Mindark from taking over or removing moderators who are seen doing injust bans though.

I'm sure MA are now aware of this strange situation the op is in. It's similar to being jailed for something when there was no trial, no jury, not even charged with any crime(s) or indeed know what you have done wrong.

Hopefully they will do something about it. Some options for them could be:
1) Intervene, ask the person moderating why op was banned? and take appropriate action
2) Make it so that we can see in game who the moderators of channels are
3) Make it so that when someone is banned from a channel the moderator has to give a reason which all players can see
4) Make it so that all channels have to have rules/guidelines which all players can see in game

etc

To MA though they have to consider other things too like development costs, legally what they can and can't do or what position is best for them etc

its none of mindark's business what happens in player-moderated channels
Considering this is their platform of which we are all guests I'd say everything that happens in the EU platform is in fact their business.

To be honest, we should have never needed to have player managed global trade channels in the first place. If MA wasn't so out of touch they would have created some from the get go (or at any point in the last decade since there have been custom channels) as part of the core chat system which all new players would be connected to from the start rather than their completely useless local "trade" channel that no one uses. But then again, they should have also created their own forum, wiki, discord...etc. rather than leaving it to players to build and manage unofficially for their corporation which too many people assume are owned and run by MA but are not. :handjob:

their completely useless local "trade" channel that no one uses.
Well hold on, I do like knowing who's on what planet for planet specific resources or shrapnel

This is not the first time something like this has happened.
Another player was banned from another somewhat public channel and there was only a few diffrent mods in that channel.
So logically it had to be one of em... but who ever it was did not have the "hardware" to own up to banning this person over and over they just kept doing it in private.

All MA could do was confirm "you are muted in that channel" but there is no log of who did it not even if the other mods ask MA.
And MA can't undo the mute unless one of their guys are "op'd" in that channel.
So in the end this person gets muted by this mystory op in that channel... and unmuted by the other op's... it's a never ending cykle.

And even if one of the op's in said trade channel in Aquas case unmutes him... it's very likely that he will get muted/banned again and MA would just go "uuuh... no idea" if he asks since there is nothing on their side that checks something like this.

In the current way things are there is no way to removing someones OP in a channel even if they missbehave.
Something MA might need to take a few minutes and think about going forward.

Well hold on, I do like knowing who's on what planet for planet specific resources or shrapnel
Yeah... that's not the channel I'm talking about though lol the built-in local trade channel is just like local chat but a different color for "trading", it's not even planet wide.

Yeah... that's not the channel I'm talking about though lol the built-in local trade channel is just like local chat but a different color for "trading", it's not even planet wide.
Oh XD Yeah that one is a waste.

Ok the userlist does not show all users and op's of that channel, you can relay this issue to MA since it's a legit issue.
Workaround would be to keep spamming the command ingame and hope it randomly shows you who the op's are so you can contact them.
Then to figure out who muted you is kind of hard... how we did it with another channel was legit unmute and get muted again and check who was online to rule one out after another which is an extreamly bumb and teadious process because the system as i pointed out is flawed... there is no action log even on MA's side.
Since you got muted in two channels i'd start with checking who the common op's are in both channels to start with.

"...we recommend the /help feature..." HA HA HA HA gosh...

Yes, typing "/help" gives a list of available chat commands. There you find "/listmembers", so you type it and at first get an error about wrong arguments which the help text did not inform is needed when you mean the channel you're already in. Nevermind, you type "/listmembers #calytrade" and... nothing, no error message. You try "/listchannels trade" to double check, the resulting list gives you all channels with "trade" in their name and the member count. You notice you didn't mistype, but the channel has >26k members which obviously can't be displayed all at once. For the heck of it, you try it with another one, e.g. "/listmembers #cyrene-trade" because it has only 2k members. This works, but the result is a truncated list of only a few names, also for obvious reasons. You eyeball it for '@'-signs which would indicate a moderator, but no luck, the excerpt seems totally random and there is no way of continuation (or if there is it's not documented). Also, there is no (documented) way to filter for mods or other markers. On the big channel, the failure might be because of a database timeout which is not detected for producing a meaningful message to the user.

All this has existed in its current state for as long as I can remember, and most likely has been reported before as lacking but was forever ignored. The help text does not meet the lowest standard even at the time of inception, compare it to a good old IRC documentation which probably served as a model at the time. I don't know if this chat came with the original game engine, hope they didn't try and reinvent the wheel there.

Anyhow, we're going pregnant with a totally new codebase for everything and there is grounds for hope. While we wait, can someone please reign in such asinine support, please? They obviously don't even know the game features in question every time and brushing off a user like that is... well youknowwhat.

"...we recommend the /help feature..." HA HA HA HA gosh...

Yes, typing "/help" gives a list of available chat commands. There you find "/listmembers", so you type it and at first get an error about wrong arguments which the help text did not inform is needed when you mean the channel you're already in. Nevermind, you type "/listmembers #calytrade" and... nothing, no error message. You try "/listchannels trade" to double check, the resulting list gives you all channels with "trade" in their name and the member count. You notice you didn't mistype, but the channel has >26k members which obviously can't be displayed all at once. For the heck of it, you try it with another one, e.g. "/listmembers #cyrene-trade" because it has only 2k members. This works, but the result is a truncated list of only a few names, also for obvious reasons. You eyeball it for '@'-signs which would indicate a moderator, but no luck, the excerpt seems totally random and there is no way of continuation (or if there is it's not documented). Also, there is no (documented) way to filter for mods or other markers. On the big channel, the failure might be because of a database timeout which is not detected for producing a meaningful message to the user.

All this has existed in its current state for as long as I can remember, and most likely has been reported before as lacking but was forever ignored. The help text does not meet the lowest standard even at the time of inception, compare it to a good old IRC documentation which probably served as a model at the time. I don't know if this chat came with the original game engine, hope they didn't try and reinvent the wheel there.

Anyhow, we're going pregnant with a totally new codebase for everything and there is grounds for hope. While we wait, can someone please reign in such asinine support, please? They obviously don't even know the game features in question every time and brushing off a user like that is... well youknowwhat.
I love the "Take care and best of luck" they put there when they know what they recommended you to do wont help you.

I love the "Take care and best of luck" they put there when they know what they recommended you to do wont help you.
Well they can't really say what they want to "don't bug us anymore and keep depositing."

You know what they say "a deposit a day... Isn't nearly enough to satisfy our need for profit. So max out those credit cards, cause surely you're due for a big hit" lol

Now do you really think I have something to do with calytrade? You said it urself "I post every 15 minutes". That sound like macroing the trade chat. I need to explain so every lonely neuron can uderstand it. Peace I hope you get ur problem fixed.

An easy solution to this issue that pops up time to time would be as others said for planet partners to make trade chat planet wide.

Job done, no players deciding on a whim to ban someone, no "control" by players.

If someone gets out of hand then allow the planet guides to have ability to temp ban from the planet trade for periods that show up when done to the "offender".

Meanwhile rub some bacon on it.

Now do you really think I have something to do with calytrade? You said it urself "I post every 15 minutes". That sound like macroing the trade chat. I need to explain so every lonely neuron can uderstand it. Peace I hope you get ur problem fixed.
a simply glance at calytrade will show you that macroing doesn't get you banned unless your macros are very aggressive

and imo, getting booted from calytrade is nearly the kiss of death for any serious trader (or so I would guess, I am not a serious trader), it's not "done-zo-bologna" but i'd guess cuts down on 60% of your buyers

Back