Ready, steady, go – in retrospect

Come on guys-So what if they only had 200 vehicles-they should have said that there were 200 vehicles, not that they had masses of stock but hey, that's done now. MA gave a bunch of people free cars as a taster. Free. They didn't have to do this, just accept that they did and enjoy yourself. I wasn't one of the lucky ones who got a car, but good for them! Instead of complaining that there weren't enough cars, how about some constructive criticism on how the cars should be, or how they should be implemented and work?
Thanks MA :)

They can code the world's most complex loot distribution, but they can't code a little slot machine like event machine where everyone gets a lucky shot at a "free" vehicle? :scratch2:

It would have been so much better to do it another way... They were what, 17 peds a pop... and they had 200?... They should have made them 1 pec a pop, and that would have given them 17x200x100 = 340,000 cars to hand out, each one in need of repair. They get money off of decay, so they should have handed out that many and made them repairable at the repair terminal... Oh well, their loss.

I got one question:

Doesn't Skam now work for FPC? She is a long time player, dont they ask her any questions?

Skam gets to experience what it's like to be on the other side. We're a tough crowd to please!

Trading car for a working cash card!:laugh:
Congrats to FPC and Marco for implementing his dream- I remember him being passionate about vehicles many many years ago, its nice to see that dream finally come true...
Yes it could have been handled better but at the same time, WE HAVE HUMMERS!
Cheers

This whole Swedish crap is an epic fail for the whole community. Stockholm syndrome anyone.

Seriously, MA/FPC/ or whatever ...

You thought of milking a cow, but it was a bull !! Dumbo !!

MA, you did nothing wrong. It is the people with high expactations that are wrong.

200 cars with a value of 400 ped each, that is 80 000 ped that is being divided !!.

Plentyful in my eyes !

I'm confused... You must work for MA/FPC because I don't understand your maths calculation :confused:

Nice to see a apology, but imo it was as much fpc's fault as it was some of the community's fault.

Am i the only one thats embarrised at how the community reacted on calypso?

No you’re not, and I have let my sixteen year old daughter read the responses here. She’s a big fan of a game, that I can’t mention, it’s played mainly by teens, does RS ring a bell ?

Her reaction….

Are your serious, these are adults ?
No way !
They act the same as they do on our forum.
And I thought teens where bad, roflamo !

No offence to anyone, but it made me stop and think.

Feels a huge -rep spree coming, rofl.

I see many of here complaining, IMHO opinion, admitting your fault deserves respect. It is something where M/FPC went wrong before.
They may still have lot too learn about how to handle their customers and events, I do think this is a step in the right direction.

And even though, after several tris I was still unable to get a vehicle, I do accept these apoligies.

Kraganov Razor Xzartax

EDIT: Also do not forget the childish and asurdish display many avatars presented. I felt like in a warzone between hundreds of looters who couldn't just get inline like normal people. Standiing almost against Emma at arrival, I was pushed 5 lines back by those people. Sick, sorry and childih

Last edited:
Didn't read it all.

I figure most of it would be whining, bashing and crying anyway.

I have to admit, the method of running from TP to TP desperately trying to find the guides was frustrating.

But I have a better idea FPC, next time, just don't give anything out at all!

Nothing to whine about. Problem solved. :rolleyes: MANY of you were begging for cars so you could turn right around and sell it off anyway.

EDIT: It's not like they made the cars impossible to craft. People were making them already yesterday. The TT is 'low'. Give it some time for the market to balance out and the crazy mark up to come back down, and you all can have your piece of the pie. Besides, now you can let all the other people do all the math calculations.

Last edited:
Thanks Marco, for acknowledging their mistakes ;)

Oh, BTW, we (sort of) thank you for spending _only_ 3400 :eek: PED on us... err, I think... :scratch2: :rolleyes:

Too much coffee :eek:

That was meant to be sarcastic :rolleyes:

They didn't spend it on us. Because the vehicles will be used and they will get the cash back in decay plus more in oil consumed after being bought on auction where they'd take a fee. So for MindArk no matter how many they give out it's win win.

They didn't spend it on us. Because the vehicles will be used and they will get the cash back in decay plus more in oil consumed after being bought on auction where they'd take a fee. So for MindArk no matter how many they give out it's win win.

And win for the players. :)

MA, you did nothing wrong. It is the people with high expactations that are wrong.

When you don't expect anything, you might get pleasantly surprised !
When you have high expectations, you ask to be disappointed !

200 cars with a value of 400 ped each, that is 80 000 ped that is being divided !!.

Plentyful in my eyes !

um, 400 ped?

MA/FPC has no concern with a MU price. That you should know being around for some time is only of consequence between PLAYERS.

200 cars, 17 Ped each = 3400 ped, or $ 340 US being divided !

btw, I've had bigger deposits than what they distributed. Wow I must be more financially able than a huge company such as them.

Also, people have been stating loot has been really terrible past 24 hours, so is it possible they just took value of "free" cars from the loot pool so they actually aren't "Free?"

Last edited:
I think the major lessons to be learned here are:

FPC: If giving freebies, have more than 1 or 2 distribution points concurrently.

FPC: "Plentiful" = >75% possible saturation of promotional items in the client base.

MA: Bigger boilers. It's obvious that your systems were overtaxed.

Emma: Caffiene is your friend, but I hope you knew that already. Long day!

Playerbase: Be gracious when you get a gift. Be more so when you don't. It's a gift, and not your birthright. BEHAVE!

Picture of event, at Minopolis

28546-emma-giving-cars-minopolis.jpg

This was a small gathering, just didn't think of taking screenie until this encounter.

FPC: If giving freebies, have more than 1 or 2 distribution points concurrently.

FPC: "Plentiful" = >75% possible saturation of promotional items in the client base.

Playerbase: Be gracious when you get a gift. Be more so when you don't. It's a gift, and not your birthright. BEHAVE!

agreed.

Might add, IF MA/FPC doesn't run things in an orderly fashion, or define how it's going to be handled, example, tell the people to line up, they will have people acting out like they did in this event. And one can't expect anything different from people from many different cultures trying to get something of value (small value in reality) for just being at the right place at the right time.

Heard on Rocktropia people were asked musical questions to try and get a car.

I say get rid of the tt value and give everyone one a basic version. Upkeep and fuel for usage will keep the peds coming in (ie no loss), oh and not sale able (cant sell the basic versions just like the VSE).

Looted and crafted versions can be sellable only, not basic versions (recreational ped drainers :D).

Bah, something like that anyway hehe....Too damn hot everywhere, need Beer, need Beer :D

Also, people have been stating loot has been really terrible past 24 hours, so is it possible they just took value of "free" cars from the loot pool so they actually aren't "Free?"

This indeed I noticed too, but ths happens after every big update. Yet a logical explanation for this would be that when a big update is done, a lot of servers go down and need to be restarted. This means that certain parameters that are used to calculate the loot pool are reset too, so it's logical to have a fallback after restart.

some wise words ;p

Don't know if already mentioned but here is an idea use next time anonymous FPC members handing the stuff out

This way you can give stuff to players and if needed the person who hands out can change his/her name and also wear clothes that do not stand out of the crowed.

So there is no use to wait for the hand out since you can't recognize them and the servers will not be overloaded. And do not use 1 or 2 avatars but for example 10

Posted elsewhere, but copy/pasted here, as it applies here quite well.
--------------------------------

We can discuss FPC's poor handling of this situation, the various actions of players, etc. However, in the end, I can see no real way FPC could hand out less than 300 cars without creating anger.

• Hand them out at random: Those who don't get one complain
  • Give them to the biggest depositors: Then they are favoring the big money spenders
  • Give them to oil miners: Favoring a specific player base
  • Give one to everyone: Kill the vehicle crafting industry before it even begins
  • Hold a lottery: Breaking their own gambling rules
  • Give them out without announcing it: Complaints of secret distribution

I can think of NO way at all to distribute so little qty to so many without pissing anyone off.

Do any of you have any better ideas? How could FPC have done this better? With the least amount of whiners in the end.

In short, how could this be done so folks are happy without creating a new batch of upset folks?

For the record, I did not get a car. I tried. I failed. I've moved on.

CLARIFICATION: I completely understand folks are unhappy. I can agree with many of their reasons. I simply see no real alternative that would have reduced the complaints.

We can discuss FPC's poor handling of this situation, the various actions of players, etc. However, in the end, I can see no real way FPC could hand out less than 300 cars without creating anger.

• Give them to the biggest depositors: Then they are favoring the big money spenders
  • Give one to everyone: Kill the vehicle crafting industry before it even begins

I can think of NO way at all to distribute so little qty to so many without pissing anyone off.

Do any of you have any better ideas? How could FPC have done this better? With the least amount of whiners in the end.

In short, how could this be done so folks are happy without creating a new batch of upset folks?

agreed, no win situation.

Any word on Rocktropia? I heard chat that Neverdie asked musical questions. You answered correctly you got a car. In that way there is a control in place for a person to "earn" the car. Then the whine would be "oh stupid me I didn't know the answer." :)

I heard chat that Neverdie asked musical questions. You answered correctly you got a car. In that way there is a control in place for a person to "earn" the car. Then the whine would be "oh stupid me I didn't know the answer." :)

Yeah I just heard about that. A good idea and well fitting with that planets "atmosphere".

But for Calypso? "Hey, you asked 10 questions about hunting and only 6 about mining. Unfair! :cussing:"

Or perhaps, I'm too cynical. :rolleyes:

Forget the free ones. What's interesting is the amount of BPs so enough of cars (or any other vehicle) can be crafted without a price that is way
too high.

If the vehiclesystem is ment to be a system for the masses, then please
drop tons of BPs too, of the common vehicles that is.

Yeah I just heard about that. A good idea and well fitting with that planets "atmosphere".

But for Calypso? "Hey, you asked 10 questions about hunting and only 6 about mining. Unfair! :cussing:"

Or perhaps, I'm too cynical. :rolleyes:

No JC, your totaly right!, it was Bull Shit!

I am actually very interested to hear suggestions how a fair, hurt-no-one, distribution should be conducted? I have been thinking about this a lot lately and if anyone has good ideas, I'd be very happy to hear it.

CLARIFICATION: I completely understand folks are unhappy. I can agree with many of their reasons. I simply see no real alternative that would have reduced the complaints.

Ill suggest my option again Marco

I say get rid of the tt value and give everyone one a basic version. Upkeep and fuel for usage will keep the peds coming in (ie no loss just gain for FPC), oh and not sale able (cant sell the basic versions just like the VSE).

Looted and crafted versions can be sellable only, not basic versions (recreational ped drainers :D ).

Well, there are quite some suggestions around here on the forum.

E.g.: Put up the VU. Give ppl 48 h time to get VU downloaded and running. Divide your 300 cars in 3 groups for 3 special missions. Start one mission at 00:00 hours, one at 08:00 hours, one at 16:00 hours. Create three missions to find something special somewhere on Calypso, like there are already. First 100 each to complete a mission get a car. (Wouldn’t mind under this set-up that everyone gets up to three chances to get a car.) :dunno:

Back