Remove 95% of all auctioneers!

I want a personal auctioneer :yay:
Aren't you your own personal auctioneer anyway? lol .... i remember the good old days when I used to come to you in PA/Twin and sell my 2 gazz, 4 cumb .... lol

.. back to the post... dont we have bigger issues to fix than this?

Btw., what did the mall owners so far to make the malls more attractive (the shops and as trading hub per se)?

Try to operate a Mall Shop at PA offering low end gear for newcomers, and you will learn very fast why I gave up on this.
The fee eats the profits and often it is higher than the profits.

Then MAs good idea to recreate PA, and move the Mall far off the new arrivals area, and killed the former existing trading place.
That was the time when I sold my shop there with a 50% loss.

Now its recreated again, and maybe the few customers will come back, but fees are still high.

Next bad thing is that you are forced to charge a minimum markup of 1 PED at shops.
Very bad for low end stuff that got sold for +0,25 at the streats and +0,60 at auctions.

Asume a 1 PED profit from every sale and you need 100 sales just to cover the fee (3/day).
With my actual shop I am around 5 sales / week, far away from what is needed to cover the fee.

Don´t tell me its the shopowners fault that it isn´t competitable to auctions.

And finally MA added the sort feature (yeah, I like it), but it is another disadvantage for shopowners as there is still no shopdirectory where customers can get an actual overview what items are for sale at shops and at what locations.

I am not surprised that 90% of the shops are closed, as I operated different shops at different places and its nearly impossible to make a slighly profit out of it.
Well there are a few exceptions, and with a lot of time and money invested you can make shops profitable, but personally I don´t have that much time needed, nor the big wallet to have enough goods on stock.

My actuall shop is more like an additional storage with the option to sell something directly out of it.
Not well restocked actually and far away from beeing profitable.
I can´t care less, as it will become another closed shop as soon as I have to pay next fee.

Support for Shops

Sorry to drift away from the OP but I would like to see a bit more support for Shops so that I have more incentive to use them. 2 things would be useful (could be combined into 1).

1. Shop directory console at major locations- lists current shops and some blurb. Click on entry to goto a page for that shop that shows an advertisement or current product list. Could be free (ie included in shop rental price).

2. Console that shows all objects currently for sale in all shops, including price. Similar interface to auction except you cant buy through the console.

Cos right now if I am after a particular item I don't really know who stocks it or where they are. so I just rely on what is on auction and the shop owners miss out on my business.

KikkiJikki

Sorry to drift away from the OP but I would like to see a bit more support for Shops so that I have more incentive to use them. 2 things would be useful (could be combined into 1).

1. Shop directory console at major locations- lists current shops and some blurb. Click on entry to goto a page for that shop that shows an advertisement or current product list. Could be free (ie included in shop rental price).

2. Console that shows all objects currently for sale in all shops, including price. Similar interface to auction except you cant buy through the console.

Cos right now if I am after a particular item I don't really know who stocks it or where they are. so I just rely on what is on auction and the shop owners miss out on my business.

KikkiJikki

Absolutely... that is a Brilliant Idea a Shop Directory... you couldnt have said it any better...

Oh and getting Rid of Auctioneers... any of them.... Have you got ROCKS in your Head? that doesnt help or improve anything in game.

Please remove at least 95% of stupid players from the game. Starting with those who have no idea how many players there are in the game, what percentage of those want to be brought together, what such bringing-together would cause or how useful having auctioneers in service centers is for those same players.

:laugh:This comment is deserves an award

have you ever tried to approach auctioneer near rush hour in Twin? are you mad man?:p never ever ever remove auctioneer or crafting machine (as someone has suggested)

Remove 95% of all auctioneers!

Do you rather want the top 95% of all auctioneers removed (leaves about shoes), or the bottom 95% (leaves about hairdo). :scratch2:

And wouldn’t that be untidy...? :wise:

Leave the auctioneers where they are.

I usually go to secluded places, and that suits me fine, I even make an effort to look for secluded lonely places!

People think its fun to jump up and down in front of your face, even if in truth Im thinking "Thats probably a very fat bored man that lives with his mother"..and think he's a dick.

Then people stand there scanning you, or want to chat, or even worse private chat.

Leave me alone at auction, I just wanna buy a gun and continue hunting! :laugh:

I dont want crowded places thx.

Replace all Service Centers in outposts with the good ol' Shoptainers = 50% of the auctioneers gone. Put only 1 Service Center in each city and replace the 2nd or even 3th Service Center with the good ol' Shoptainer.
Then remove 1 of the 2 auctioneers in every Service Center and put him/her behind a counter again. Same for the Technicians.

Done! No extra lag, more need to travel, more bustling activity in the cities again.

easier way and a way that MA would do, would be to put taxes on some areas, so if you trade you have to pay 5 ped or somthing,

then at twins or somewhere, have no taxes

easier way and a way that MA would do, would be to put taxes on some areas, so if you trade you have to pay 5 ped or somthing,

you cant be serious...

First of all why the hell should twin get all crap when a lot of the player base cant even visit that lag place anymore without crashing...

we have enough fees in this game!

Um. Thats more than the MU I get on most of the things I sell.

In pre-VU10 days did you ever get stuck between other players at the auctioneer and have to TP out because no one would move? And. ofc, lag, lag, lag. Thank you MA for increasing auctioneers!

In pre-VU10 days did you ever get stuck between other players at the auctioneer and have to TP out because no one would move? And. ofc, lag, lag, lag. Thank you MA for increasing auctioneers!

Probably he writes about things he doesn't know the consequences.

Please remove at least 95% of stupid players from the game. Starting with those who have no idea how many players there are in the game, what percentage of those want to be brought together, what such bringing-together would cause or how useful having auctioneers in service centers is for those same players.

Please don't remove them, (I believe they have the right to spend their money ingame and enjoy the activities which they find more suitable)
Thought sometimes I've very tempted to suggest:

Just mute them, so they can't complain and make things even worse for them

Those were the days. You didn't have to tp out.. just jump on the auctioneer's shelf and then on someone's head to get to the other side of them... or go to Hadeshiem auctioneer who had an entire building to himself and was on a big stage.

From a crafters point of view... worst idea ever... sorry...did you even think this one through?? :scratch2:

imagine all crafters going and crafting at the same place where there are more people selling stuff (Vice Versa)... more crafters crafting at the same place means more quick sale for sellers hence more sellers.... more sellers in one place means more socially active players... finally EU is going to be 1 big happy auction house that crashes every 5 seconds... anyone trying to sell anything in a remote AH will have to wait for years for anyone (crafters mainly) to venture there to buy ....

...even now it lags in Twin with the way things are...

hmmmm this mean that someone smart knows how many players there are in the game, what percentage of those want to be brought together?????

Back