Renting in the universe

A renting mechanism will NEVER be implemented by MindArk. They HAVE stated so

show me the thread .. were MA states that

Its just pissin against the wind this thread, and doesnt apply to this game. Its like saying I want to be able to use a MM with full eco and 0 skills aint gonna happen..

no its not saying that .... you aren't listening to what im trying to say ...

Yea sure, rental terminal would be absolutely awesome. All time that I am not in game - all of my worthy items would be for rent thus maximizing my potential for making a few peds without doing anything.

And actually I might not even need to play at all. Seems to me I might want to have a "friend" make an other avatar, make a big depo and then the only thing that ava would do would be to seek out and purchase a uber item and then place on rental and log in once a month for withdrawls.

That's just a small scale example. As others have said, someone will buy as many of whatever items they can get and put them in rental. And we all know that every item has it's price. This is not sustainable and will serve to ruin the game. End of story.

you are clearly missing the point there is no way in this game that you can only take out peds somone needs to put the money in (the renters) just as a question you dont put out all the materials you have in storage that you dont whant just to hope you get them sold ? even that 1 pec of lyst ?

and second there will be a fee mutch like auction even a bit more expensive for the items you rent out so if no ppl rents your items you get no peds and even lose some

the theory about leaving an item up for rent 1 month is a missunderstanding ... renting should be like putting an item on auction 7 days as a max and then you have to pay the fee again to put it up ... and that will stop you from putting up your common shirt for rent just to hook someone ...

so basicly some ppl will get peds for there items if they have desireable ones ... but only if somone rents them ... and you need to spend money to get money ... you buy an item that you wanna rent out and then you collect if somone rents it but its still gonna be like buying a hangar and paying it back with travels to space

Last edited:
... renting should be like putting an item on auction 7 days as a max and then you have to pay the fee again to put it up ...

exactly,

MA mostly says no to ideas that :

A. do not bring them money in or
B. cost them too much to implement.

I do not see any of these being true, so it could just aswell be implemented. yes, MA will not even look into this wish until 2012 as the list priorities is quite full until then but in general - why not.

J.

see it like this this is a way to put % markup on unlimited items there fore making them repair able (L) items

(time limited limited items that can be repaired)

can't find marcos reply
and the universe has changed alot since 2006

( hehe fun fact max lvl in world of warcraft was still lvl 60 three years ago.. and was supposed to get epic and world changing events )

Last edited:
And if a restriction was added to such system: only L items could be rented.

A few weeks ago also created such wish (Renting Terminal).

And if a restriction was added to such system: only L items could be rented.

A few weeks ago also created such wish (Renting Terminal).

as i told you in the first post only unlimited items should be outrentable

as i told you in the first post only unlimited items should be outrentable

If only unlimited items can be rented them the problem specified by every1 in this thread will (very likely) happen. If it's limited to L items, them they will simply not happen (at least not diferent from today).

There would be no monopoly, no overuse of high lvl items and everyone would win. MA/loot pool gets another way of pushing peds, ppl can rent items they don't want to sell or have dificulty selling (L items with low TT), ppl can test items for a brief moment without the need to pay humongous collateral.

Is it better to TT an item (where the player contributes nothing to EU) or to proovide a mechanism where he can feed EU?

you are clearly missing the point there is no way in this game that you can only take out peds somone needs to put the money in (the renters) just as a question you dont put out all the materials you have in storage that you dont whant just to hope you get them sold ? even that 1 pec of lyst ?

and second there will be a fee mutch like auction even a bit more expensive for the items you rent out so if no ppl rents your items you get no peds and even lose some

the theory about leaving an item up for rent 1 month is a missunderstanding ... renting should be like putting an item on auction 7 days as a max and then you have to pay the fee again to put it up ... and that will stop you from putting up your common shirt for rent just to hook someone ...

so basicly some ppl will get peds for there items if they have desireable ones ... but only if somone rents them ... and you need to spend money to get money ... you buy an item that you wanna rent out and then you collect if somone rents it but its still gonna be like buying a hangar and paying it back with travels to space

MA gets their money already and they will continue to get it however necessary with or without rentals. They really dont' care. Are you supposing that rental terminals are going to increase the user's depositing habits. Read some other recent threads... prolly not - I'd postulate that they are basically maxed at this point. (Also note the current world economy and the recent 2Q financial statements from MA reflecting that).

MA can increase their revenue, but they have to do stuff like "attract" players and induce current ones to deposit more. You do that by making it desirable and rewarding to come in the game - nice graphics, decent loot structure, not by pissing them off and letting an uber control all the goodies.

that comment is just useless this isent a advertise for your own retal thread this is for game improvement so please just go away :D

ps ill do as you did ;) forget that you ever posted :p

umm dude Rico and Hoos own/manage H&R Circle I have nothing to do with it. Nice to see you even care enough about rental services to even take a look!!! To see what your trying to compare a MA supported funtion to. H&R Circle is the model for all EU!!!

I am a paying customer in H&R, I guess you don't have 60 agility to join. As far as I see this thread is a waste of readers time.

As I posted forget this thread was ever posted. It will never happen, but the poster get your EFD :)

Ulp your EF pic says it all!!!

umm dude Rico and Hoos own/manage H&R Circle I have nothing to do with it. Nice to see you even care enough about rental services to even take a look!!! To see what your trying to compare a MA supported funtion to. H&R Circle is the model for all EU!!!

I am a paying customer in H&R, I guess you don't have 60 agility to join. As far as I see this thread is a waste of readers time.

As I posted forget this thread was ever posted. It will never happen, but the poster get your EFD :)

the reason why i dont think i will ever join H&R cirkle even if i have more then enough agility is that i dont feel like paying a extra fee / year + for every rental ..
and with a MA managing it will be accessable for everyone not only ppl with 60 + agi

and the reason why i said your own rental service is to say the one you are using and trying to promote, i know ppl that use the H&R rental but i dont think ill ever use it

Ulp your EF pic says it all!!!
ps harassing isen't and never have been a good way to make ppl listen to what you have to offer

Last edited:
If only unlimited items can be rented them the problem specified by every1 in this thread will (very likely) happen. If it's limited to L items, them they will simply not happen (at least not diferent from today).

There would be no monopoly, no overuse of high lvl items and everyone would win. MA/loot pool gets another way of pushing peds, ppl can rent items they don't want to sell or have dificulty selling (L items with low TT), ppl can test items for a brief moment without the need to pay humongous collateral.

Is it better to TT an item (where the player contributes nothing to EU) or to proovide a mechanism where he can feed EU?

the reason for rental is to get ppl to use the stuff that they have in storage .. using the rentalservice to rent out limited guns with 3 shots left on them is just pointless and how is that realy renting its like renting out a bag of candy when its gone its gone ...
and besides the rentouts will probably cost the person renting out the (L) items more then they get back from renting it out and the renters would likely have to pay more then the markup of the gun so its gonna be a waist of peds for all renting and rentingout the (L) items

MA gets their money already and they will continue to get it however necessary with or without rentals. They really dont' care. Are you supposing that rental terminals are going to increase the user's depositing habits. Read some other recent threads... prolly not - I'd postulate that they are basically maxed at this point. (Also note the current world economy and the recent 2Q financial statements from MA reflecting that).

so what you are saying is that MA doesent wanna implement new things that give them more money for there work ?
and saying that the game is maxed is saying like Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, did 1943.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

MA can increase their revenue, but they have to do stuff like "attract" players and induce current ones to deposit more. You do that by making it desirable and rewarding to come in the game - nice graphics, decent loot structure, not by pissing them off and letting an uber control all the goodies.

and how is that different from how it is today ? i dont see everyone running around with modfap and imk2/mm

Last edited:
Earning money is one thing. Having a vision is another. Rental systems where you do not own items do not fit in the MA/FPC vision of entropia, so it will never be implemented.

Earning money is one thing. Having a vision is another. Rental systems where you do not own items do not fit in the MA/FPC vision of entropia, so it will never be implemented.

are you working for mindark or first planet company cus it seems you are speaking for them?

let midark or fpc comment on this thread if they are or ain't interested of what i have to say

it won't happen hehe.

are you working for mindark or first planet company cus it seems you are speaking for them?

I am one of the official SGA guides. That means I am not an employee of them, but I am very aware of what their standpoints are. Also, it means that I would not say something that is not true. From your age here, you should know already how they feel, since they have posted about this again and again over the years.

I am one of the official SGA guides. That means I am not an employee of them, but I am very aware of what their standpoints are. Also, it means that I would not say something that is not true. From your age here, you should know already how they feel, since they have posted about this again and again over the years.

not to be a party pooper but i dont think they give out information like that to the guides before they make some kind of official statement (my guess is that it is an employees only kind of thing)

you said it yourself you are a SGA guide .... so they tell you what to say to ppl about the SGA

bump what do you ppl think about this ?
and what could be improved

bump bump bump

Rather than renting items from players why not buy 'trial' versions of weapons from FPC?

These items would have a low TT value, high decay, and a generous markup. In short, they would not be economical.

You could buy these 'trial' versions in a TT so you can experiment with different hunting setups or gather stats on specific weapons.

The items would be no-trade.

In this case if you wanted to hunt with a IMP MK2 you could but at a great cost. You would be paying much higher decay, a large % markup, and no repair option.

Of course I'm painting too bleak a picture. FPC would have to find a balance where some players would be willing to use these 'trial' weapons from time to time but the cost would be high enough not to affect the market price of the versions currently in game.

Last edited:
Back