Rig radar outage

Rig radar static

• I like the radar static, it's fine as it is now (VU10.4)

Votes: 72 38.9%
  • I like the radar static and I want dragging HP bars removed

Votes: 78 42.2%
  • I like the radar static but want to see if teammates are within range

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I like the radar static but want to see if mobs are within range

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I want the radar working again as before

Votes: 45 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueEyes

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Paul Blue Eyes Melua
Dunno if its permanent, but since VU10.4 rig radar is static (see release notes: satellite anomaly).
But draw distance has improved.

Paul

Last edited:
Things will be much more interesting with the radar out permanently. Everyone will be looking over their shoulders constantly. hehehe.

Just as a matter of interest, since i cant sign in just yet, can you still see mob or team members there?

Personally note: Remember to add a new hotkey - 'Look back'

It seems easier and faster to implement new features asked by some PKers for their personal fun than fix the 3 months old bugs everybody suffer from. How are priorities defined? :scratch2:

Maybe they just broke the radar at Rig, actually, they are expert in breaking stuff. :laugh:

Things will be much more interesting with the radar out permanently. Everyone will be looking over their shoulders constantly. hehehe.

Just as a matter of interest, since i cant sign in just yet, can you still see mob or team members there?

WTF are you talking about ?

You with your whine and PK ??? No sorry it cant match...

Its clear that you dont know what does it mean to pay for fun !

WTF are you talking about? I didn't detect any whine in his post??? I think what he stated is a good idea and it would be fun.

Even can't see mobs. Have not tried team. But radar is just static, so prolly not.

:yay::yay: love the radar jamming. Sun is rising at the rig, time to go hide under a rock or something :laugh:

Listen cupcake, why dont you get off your rocking horse and stop talking with your backside up in the air. Dont apologize to me if you cant read a cod damn post right (just like the mod and the short sighted bstards who reported it as a all out bloomin whine, when it was Actually meant to motivate). By posting this rubbish here, you have once again proved your shortcomings, and illustrated your Inability to Read, Understand and respond properly to posts.

No CozMoDan hes Whining like a baby about another post he and a few others were to shallow understand!

Sorry about that BlueEyes, back to the topic.

Gonna be first person, scope city out there ;)

Last edited:
this means when u spot ppl they are already close ,hehe....

buying ml45 tt+1k @ rig

cheers

ermik

this means when u spot ppl they are already close ,hehe....

buying ml45 tt+1k @ rig

cheers

ermik

True, but draw distance has improved greatly. Don't need a scope anymore to see people from top of the platform down standing at the rig.

And it appears the drop circle has increased. Necros reported a oil drop behind the roof. So rougly thats twice the previous distance.

Paul

If I understand this it means the radar is not working (detecting foes) at the rig?

IF so, that seems like a good thing. A Safety system is supposed to alert you to enemies & protect you from friends right? Well at the rig (and other PVP areas) the safety system does not work as you can be hit by friends (other colonists).
It makes sense that the radar also does not work, as to me the radar is part of the safety system.

Also sounds more like fun. YOu do not know if there is someone hiding in the next bunker watching you walk towards them, waiting for you to get in range. (or vice versa for that matter)

Seems like a good thing to me, and I am no Pker.

drop distance needed to be bigger, if that is true it could lead to some more fun.

with radar jamming; that i don't really get as you will just drag avatars life bars anyways. then just enable move to target, when there name lights up and you know almost exactly where they are :0

Sounds like a good thing this will increase the fun factor a bit :laugh:

drop distance needed to be bigger, if that is true it could lead to some more fun.

with radar jamming; that i don't really get as you will just drag avatars life bars anyways. then just enable move to target, when there name lights up and you know almost exactly where they are :0

Well radar static adds to the fun factor. Yes u can drag HP bar and find people that way and see when they are close, but first entry by anyone is now big fun, cause everyone can try to sneak up close the first time ;)

I just got done pKing at the rig. A few comments:

1) No radar is great and I thank MA/FPC for that. An option many of us have wished to enter EU for a long time. Thanks MA.

2) Cyrex, the noob at Boorum who was pKing people was invisible the whole time at the rig. Luckily, I realized it right away and got his HP bar after a rocket happened to kill him while killing someone else. I asked him kindly to relog which of course he denied and tried to play dumb about being invisible.

3) The no radar isn't as good as it could be though. The fact that you can drag HP bars takes the challenge out of it after you've killed someone once. I believe that dragging HP bars should be disabled.

4) At one time or another a LOT of people have added me to their FL. Some of which I no longer wish to associate with and am unable to remove myself from their FL. There should be an option where you can see all the people who have you on their FL and be able to block them or perhaps even show yourself as hidden if you so decide. If someone goes to the rig now, they can simply drag my HP bar off their FL and know exactly when I enter their radar. Not such a great option for people who may now have me on their FL and are considered enemies at the moment.

3) The no radar isn't as good as it could be though. The fact that you can drag HP bars takes the challenge out of it after you've killed someone once. I believe that dragging HP bars should be disabled.

4) At one time or another a LOT of people have added me to their FL. Some of which I no longer wish to associate with and am unable to remove myself from their FL. There should be an option where you can see all the people who have you on their FL and be able to block them or perhaps even show yourself as hidden if you so decide. If someone goes to the rig now, they can simply drag my HP bar off their FL and know exactly when I enter their radar. Not such a great option for people who may now have me on their FL and are considered enemies at the moment.

Good points.
Disabling hp-bars atleast for avatars would make it more challenging and realistic.

I think some ppl added me to FL only for this purpose.

Looking forward to see this new feature in action. Have been on a 1 week forced EU-rehab since I havent got the latest updates right due to my bad connection and DL problems.

Maybe a support case to MA/FPC will help, and a patch will come soon with a fix :)

I just got done pKing at the rig. A few comments:

Actually I'm told its an Umbra suit, making u invisible hence its a feature.
Still sceptical, but plausible.

let me guess something ..

does this also mean that there is no radar in PVP 4 or any another PVP zone/contaminiation zones?

if so then it would be fun like playing Hide and go Seek. and who can tag me first.. lol

The new rig radar makes the place 10 times more exciting :)

:wtg:i love this new radar :) now need to think and do more :) its really great :yay:

does this also mean that there is no radar in PVP 4 or any another PVP zone/contaminiation zones?

nope :) unless they just didnt mention that in the release notes :silly2:

I think they should turn on radar again,
Its hard enough to spot people there now...
Like the new rig wasnt destroyed enough already:rolleyes:

I think they should turn on radar again,
Its hard enough to spot people there now...
Like the new rig wasnt destroyed enough already:rolleyes:

I like it as it is now :)

I like it as it is now :)
Can u tell me why u like it now?

I cant see one good reason....

No overview when hunting, no overview when fighting...
It just became more friendly for the "hiding" guys, not fighting guys

Radar off makes for a lot of fun :wtg:

Worth mentioning is that they also increased the oil drop distance by about 3x, so you can no longer hug the rig and pick oil. You have to run around if you want it ;)

Actually I'm told its an Umbra suit, making u invisible hence its a feature.
Still sceptical, but plausible.

Its not a feature, its a bug only doable with an Umbra suit. Hope they fix it fast so that dumbass can't hide in pvp.

Can u tell me why u like it now?

I cant see one good reason....

No overview when hunting, no overview when fighting...
It just became more friendly for the "hiding" guys, not fighting guys

easier for non-fighters to get oil? I like hanging around, exploring the buildings, being sneaky, etc :rolleyes:

Back