Rig radar outage

Rig radar static

• I like the radar static, it's fine as it is now (VU10.4)

Votes: 72 38.9%
  • I like the radar static and I want dragging HP bars removed

Votes: 78 42.2%
  • I like the radar static but want to see if teammates are within range

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I like the radar static but want to see if mobs are within range

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I want the radar working again as before

Votes: 45 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, furniture texturizing still doesn't work properly, Furniture generally is bugged in a lot of ways, Beauty still is out of order, glitches with invisible mobs (which are invisible since they fell through the ground, saw this happen today) still exist, a lot of other wishes (general wishes, not even discussed or just from a couple of players) that would be very easy to implement are still on the waiting list (f.e. bigger container windows, texturer + colorator in one window, to name a few...) and quite some more stuff, but radars get disabled in quite an instant when wished.

Something's incredible wrong with MA's priority list there...

Edit:
I like the new radar, still I have to say that this shouldn't have been the "first" thing to do.

Edit:
I like the new radar, still I have to say that this shouldn't have been the "first" thing to do.

maybe its related to performance improvements as well as there have been problems with the last Wastelander event.

this is just rediculous, prolly fun if ur just sneeking around or have 300hp and modfap. like pking wasnt ruined enough already. everything doesnt have to be like cs...

With all the auto-play features being added, it's nice to see a feature added that makes you have to put more into your game play once again.

This is seriously the best thing ever for pvp.

Added poll to the thread

Just added poll, because there are a lot of opinions.
I like the static, it gives more of a edge to it. :silly2:

It makes it 10x more fun. Obvously MA don't agree with ubers standing there guarding the rig, shooting anyone that comes within range :)

Now it's a better chance for all. MA had to do something to keep new players interested.

Thats my opinion.

Also, with the layout of the oil rig, its kinda like a game within a game now.. like a shooting game (unreal tournement etc). Fun.

Also, with the layout of the oil rig, its kinda like a game within a game now.. like a shooting game (unreal tournement etc). Fun.

Ye.. Go play unreal tournament

No radar + no HP bar + melee weapon + nightfall = happy... happy... joy... joy.

Now... if they'll just make decoys show up on radar. :)

I like the radarless rig.. gameplay feels much more creepy, with heightened senses. More choices for pK - sniper class is more fun now.. tactics cover etc more important and scary at night YAY.

Still the same people running mob trains into the rig tho. Kinda gives it away when the Ara or Trox prowler u couldnt see on the radar behind you agros at you from the otherside of the broken radar!

Votes for a turret to top things off :)

Finally PvP is a little less Ped card vs. Ped card and more real skill. Of course I still can't even scratch the guys up there but the middle level player now has a fighting chance.

I`ve never been much of a rig player but the radar static sounds like a good thing to me. Might promptmore people to go out there hence more fun for those that like to pk there. And combine with an increased drop range for oil make that more competitive as well. That could make even newer players feel they might have just that little bit more of a chance than they aver did with the old rig. That was just a sick joke on new players before. Not that they`ll have much more luck now but at least there will be a glimmer of hope where none existed before. Hell I may even come out to play now!

Why not just roll back to the old rig before VU10, and make a copy of the new one the way it is now, and place it somewhere.. then everyone would be happy:rolleyes:

Actually I'm told its an Umbra suit, making u invisible hence its a feature.
Still sceptical, but plausible.

Umbra suit does indeed make you invisible in this vu. However, I asked Emma the guide if it was a feature or a bug and she replied a bug.

Stealth options were talked about recently in this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/171450-more-stealth-options-pvp.html
Interestingly not many people were voting for no health bars on that one as compared to this poll.

The umbra invisibility feature/bug was discussed here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/clothing/170995-does-umbra-suite-makes-invisibility-now.html

I just noticed this. And the funny thing is, I just bought a Marber like an hour ago. What a day for a Marber. :laugh:

this is just rediculous, prolly fun if ur just sneeking around or have 300hp and modfap. like pking wasnt ruined enough already. everything doesnt have to be like cs...

LOL

The only people moaning about this, are the guys who never want to actully PK.. and just stand by the rig, and collect oil all day.

Rig being w.o Radar is awesome for PK.. now co-ordination is everything, team work at its best ! Damn wish i'd not chipped out before i got to play at new rig :(

Tho i do belive in-game PK in general is destroyed.. this does make it a little better, i think i can see where MA are going with this.. its truely turning the rig into the battle ground it should be !

2) Cyrex, the noob at Boorum who was pKing people was invisible the whole time at the rig. Luckily, I realized it right away and got his HP bar after a rocket happened to kill him while killing someone else. I asked him kindly to relog which of course he denied and tried to play dumb about being invisible.

I just left the Rig and he was doing the same thing with Binford. It was fun to hear the death sound over and over as Cyrex died.

3) The no radar isn't as good as it could be though. The fact that you can drag HP bars takes the challenge out of it after you've killed someone once. I believe that dragging HP bars should be disabled..
Maybe they could improve the HP-bar, so we can see status of avatar
all the time no matter if avatar is within radarrange or not, and when we
are in team, the name in the HP-bar for a teammember change color for a

Personally note: Remember to add a new hotkey - 'Look back'

just use the mous weel button in 3.Person, and you see behind you;)

i so love it, its way more exciting! I want pvp3 and 4 like that too and i would mine/hunt there again on a regular basis!

actually i like the rig without radar, it has some good parts and some bad.

Good
-------

More excitement
PVP is now more challenging.

Bad
-------

Closing rig for oil is now harder and require more effort and cost more.

Overall i think its a good move to make rig more pvpish.

Now , all i want is 3 things

1. remove hp bars in pvp
2. make mobs visible on radar
3. jam radar in other pvp areas too , such pvp3 and pvp4

cheers

ermik

I guess the majority, though not overwhelming, likes the disablement of the radar at the rig... and also want dragging of the HP bar removed.
Is that the conclusion (see poll)?

not a bad idea, to remove the radar at rig. Now it needs to put on the mobs and team members and remove the health bar, and it is perfect!:)

Also not bad to make PVP4 the same way, but i would like to have one lootable pvp as it is as yet. Lets say pvp3 is normal radar. This way some ppl have the old pvp, and could train there experience in lootable pvp before they go for pvp4. And on this way we have 2 different lootable PVP systems, one without radar and one with.

I just ran to the rig, a lot more interesting, but the healthbar is ruining the experince to 90%... when someone dragged your heaslth bar it is nearly as good as a radar.

So if that gets removed, a lot lower skilled people will try to surprise others there... can't wait to see that too...

Hmm no option to say haven't tested it yet?

Hmm no option to say haven't tested it yet?

No sorry :rolleyes:
Kinda hard to fulfill everyone's wishes in a poll :laugh:
But heh, you can post your comment. Please come test it.

Paul

I personally think this is the perfict step in the right direction.

And of course need to see mobs and teammates.

as far as the health bars dragging out. that needs to go. or its like you know.

Although perception should play some part in warning you someone is near, such as distorted flash on the radar based from perception skill. better the skill longer it flashes. but with no real idea where they are, just a warning something is out there.

Just my openion.

I think that apart from the HP bar removal, and addition of mobs and teammates on the radar... TP chipping in to the PvP zone should be taken out. It's boringly non strategic to be standing there and just have someone pop up in front of you all of a sudden. It kind of takes the point out of the radar.

The way I see it, the radar outage is to create a more tactical style of PvP at the Rig. With people TP'ing in, it's too helter skelter. There's no -real- opportunity to defend a set perimeter with your buddies because someone can just chip into the middle of the circle.

I dunno, it would be cool with just running.

-300 posts ftw

CK on the upperhand?

After a few days/a week of observation it seems CK has the upperhand in securing the rig. Directly after 10.4 a lot more shooting was going on, but its been more quiet lately.

I see BA definitely less than before 10.4 and occasionally some DD is present.
During the day and evening (CET) mostly CK is present with 2-5 persons.

I seen a post of Jakst3r that he likes the new situation (radar static) a lot. It shows I see, him a lot :laugh:

So things seem to settle down and a new hierarchy has been established, i guess.

Paul

Back