Scammer Alert

Status
Those guys are sick, pretending to be friends for so long.

Sorry m8 :(

yeah...

Wholesaler said:
tht sucks bad dude contacted MA yet?

Pretty much straight away... dunno what they can do, we were taken properly. Still stunned by it. The jerks of the world gotta remind you they're out there I suppose.

i feel sorry for u, i won't trust ppl unless i have known them basicly few years in PE or they are members of my soc.

ouch, that does make me deffinitley be more carefull. for now on ill go out in the middle of nowwhere to give my sisters avatar crap instead of haveing someone help me out.

Sorry this happened to you.

You are not the first to be scammed by 'friends' I heard of one once that was a friend for over a year....

Everyone should follow some basic guidelines:

1. Don't assume that an online friend is a real friend...no matter how many months you have chatted with them.

2. Don't trust anyone with anything, unless...
a. you are willing to lose the item, or
b. they have shown themselves trustworthy for an item or amount of equal or greater value (though you should not give them the opportunity to do this) or
c. you have security or
d. they are extremely well known in the community (even that is iffy).

3. Keep in mind that even IRL friends might have a price that, when high enough, would be sufficient to stab you in the back.

4. Remember that some scammers are very very skilled at what they do. They can make you think they are the last person in the world that would be a scammer.

5. Remember that adult players that work for a living are less likely to scam than young players who don't have an income.... sticking it to someone for a measly 50 buck just does not seem worth it, when you pay 25x that for rent.

6. Remember that your online friend who is a 36 year old accountant for a construction company.... may not be.

If someone offers to repair your stuff, ask to get the money for the decay! Sorry to hear this.

Hurrikane said:
SCAMMED by friends... a warning

That is sooo bad I am very sorry to hear things like this :(

i know alot of pppl are scamming these days and thats just stupid i now a few ppl who have been scammed and have left PE forever :(

Hurrikane said:
We had two guys in our Soc from the first week, and had spent four months with em, ...
... be on the look out for a1b1b1 Mc D Mcdougal and ...

Hmm, i know this guy. I deleted him from my fl, as i ditnt like his behaviour and he seemed to be not trustworthy to me. (he ditnt scam me, just an feeling)

But he is not in game since 4 month, only 2 month. So maybe something is wrong with your story (donno)?

Freyr said:
About this avatar,... (and what I know about her)

She has been selling my spacerides, mostly from Port Atlantis or Twin Peaks,..
What she does is refer the people to me who I then pick up and they pay ME for the flight,..
This relationship has been good for the last two months,..

Freyr

I also know Foxy Babe Hot Girl quite well, having hunted with her quite a few times. She has also bought items off me (at close to market rates) and I know for a fact that she has globalled both on mining and hunting.

Once or twice she has asked to borrow things (such as my FAP) during hunts but my policy is not to lend items to anyone. Also she has tried to sell me space flights a few times (all of which I have refused as it has not been convenient). I cannot say for certain that she is NOT a scammer and it is slightly suspicious that she has not been in game since Monday (previously she was online most of the time). However, I would want to see far more evidence that she was definately scamming to be sure. The times I have spent with her have been good fun and she has seemed like a pretty normal newish player to me.

Icy

Leona said:
Hmm, i know this guy. I deleted him from my fl, as i ditnt like his behaviour and he seemed to be not trustworthy to me. (he ditnt scam me, just an feeling)

But he is not in game since 4 month, only 2 month. So maybe something is wrong with your story (donno)?

yep, could be 2 months... ever since we started hunting anyway. What day is it now?

caught by a Soc member:

TigerSmoker- RushTrader- Whiz-Trader

trying to do the skill scamming with the GSI first, watch out for them.

Dalharil said:
My MindArk reply, which is as good a reason as any to not repeat my mistake and lend an item. Noggin sorry for your loss, but you will get this:

Hi,
When or if users loose money or items due to a scam, there is nothing MindArk support can do to assist you. This is a word against word situation, how can we be sure what arrangement have been taken before the items actually changed owner? There could have been money that changed owner outside PE, such facts we do not know. When you give items to other avatars, you cannot be certain to get it back. You cannot be sure that you will get items back after the trade if someone has made such promise. This must be on your own risk and you will have to use your own judgement as if this where a real life agreement. If one is 'scammed' out of goods or funds, MindArk is in no way responsible for the outcome. The company cannot and will not return items lost in a scam. Which is also clearly stated when you accept a PvP trade. Since items in PE have a real value you should be able to file a police report about lost items due to a scam. If the local police should contact us, we will cooperate with them and submit all available logs we have.
/Regards
Support

So I have to report the theft to the police authorities for any progress?. Hmm.. can't see my local cops being particularly pleased when there are perhaps more serious crimes to deal with.

What i want is that the weight of evidence from complainants leads to the accounts being banned. But all I get is an implication that I am a criminal too: I may have colluded with the scammer outside the game (and in contravention of the EULA) to try to defraud MA.

Perhaps the guy responsible for decorating the Eudorian containers in antique rosewood can now turn his attention to a loan system.

In the meantime I'll appease my feelings of vengeance by reading Etopia's list again.

my reply from MA reguarding same person...

2006-02-02 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Thanks for reporting, we will keep an eye on this avatar. Best advice for you and your friends is that you should always keep in mind that if you lend your stuff to someone else, you can never be sure you'll get them back. MindArk is in no way responsible for the outcome. This is a "word-to-word"-situation, which makes it impossible for us to evaluate.
/Regards
Support

About Dau Gata..

MA Support said that they taken care of the situation, after numerous reports against the avatar.. dunno really what it means tho..

Hi,

I just saw that Stoica Sabrina Adela is now in the society Calypso Rangers.
If any body is from that soc or knows of someone in the soc warn them that they got a scammer in their society.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame SIAM)

Good info!!!! Thanks-Will pass along the :girl: info!

Ulv said:
About Dau Gata..

MA Support said that they taken care of the situation, after numerous reports against the avatar.. dunno really what it means tho..

she will get lock 3 day , and be free after that for years ...

MA can lock the comp , and probably the cybercafé from where most scammer play , but they dont , and its sad !

Updated List of Scammers/Untrustworth avatars

Moarta Curva1 Curva
Angelina PenalaRO Jolie
aurora rollerrul aurora
BGHunter The One and Only Gazara
monkeyboy35
Jenna Infinity Sungold
Myya Jenna Infinity
Luciu Nicoleta MissSexyRomania
Myya Jeanette Corry
jenny jenny darkblood
Howdy TheKing Jake
BADA BADAMAMA AI (BABA?)
Erika Superstar Hunter
Legendary Fusion Danger
First 1955 Gentleman
Miliardar
Mya Sabrina Luna
roy darkmouse keane
Latifa Imhotep Sharpey
Da 'ShadowSlayer' Girl
Price ThaPrice Crushaz Crushaz
Monica Severina Seve
alina andreea madalina
colton anybody killa grundy
Leyni LeeLoo Walker
kitty Ms AVA killer
ten ton hammer
Paris man lover Hilton
Green Dino Beret
- fouinneur Baracouda fouinneur
- O'Connor Brian Coolboy
- O'Connor Jack Deathman
- Dante price white killer
- Jack Krauser Sadler
- Soprano Soprano Psy4
- Catrina Titine Trouduc
- le skateur francais
- Arthur Arthur Nowheretn
- CICILIK KARINA FRANCESCA
- tim tg grey

- csongi A kivegzo gladiato
- kyller OVIDIUS roger
- Crystal Angelina Angel
- killer ro killer killer gg
- MoNa MoNa MoNa
- Killer Dominant Creative
- Rau rut Leady
- Coolio Nick Pwnage
- Robin ruth raven
- The Devil The Devil The Devil
- dau gata dau gata dau gata
- Jenis Bitchie 2Pac
- Angelina Angel Jeppesen
- Mr no mercy Anderson
- Power AlySha Stryke
- Ghinea Dommashine ionut
- Stoica Sabrina Adela

Possibly locked avatars:

Lara Tombraider Croft (locked?) (seem to remember seeing a lara croft at atlas haven this week)
Jennifer Gin Anime (confirmed to be locked by M.A.)
Slayer Slayer Nick (locked?)
Jenna Jenna X Heart (locked?)

Please note :

would be nice people who report a scam , post screen shot of the " fact" .
its easyest to add a name with screeny.
i wont add name only of vouch from 1 person , specially if i dont know that person very well.
nor that i dont trust people who report , but i whant to reduce "wrong" accusation at maximum.
thanks to understand , and think to make screenies .

There is a miss croft lara of Forsaken Soc who regularly uses Atlas Haven as a base. She is good company, always pleasant person to speak to and has never been involved in any underhand dealings that I know of. I would vouch that she is a different player from the one behind Lara Tombraider Croft.

Freyr said:
About this avatar,[ Foxy babe hot girl]... (and what I know about her)

She has been selling my spacerides, mostly from Port Atlantis or Twin Peaks,..
What she does is refer the people to me who I then pick up and they pay ME for the flight,..
This relationship has been good for the last two months,..

Freyr

Hi there Freyr - I was one of the people that got the rough end of this - I also have the list of the other 4 that were around and 3 of them came back with myself and Dragon.

Certainly if this was a misunderstanding (to be fair she DID say she deal tickets for 'Mike') then I'm sure we'd all welcome the refund.

I'll PM you in-game if I spot you online, and if you want my list that's cool. Hopefully we can straighten this out and redeem her name :eek:)

Cheers,

Well put a new name on the list
i had a new member today had a nice chat with her before i let her join the soc... when i let her in something was telling me it was wrong but i wanted her to have a chance.... but i was right my friend Tulip was calling me, telling me to get to Zeus very fast , coz my new girl was a "upgrade armor" scammer... :mad:
so here are the pics she took... and i am happy to say she is kick out off my soc..
Scammer_thumb.jpg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/5/7/6/Scammer.JPG

Scammer2_thumb.jpg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/5/7/6/Scammer2.JPG

Same scammer as yours, above. Someone told em she was around Limnadian, as soon as I TPd there, she's onto me like a fly onto shit. Usual crap, "want 1000 protection? CHEAP".
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
I told her to come deal me in Amethera, because it's pretty there, to which the reply was "Do you think I am stupid?".
Hm, and do you think I am...?

why scammers always run at their underwear? :p

Nea said:

lol - that for sure is a good question

I think the answer is simple ... So they can be easier to identify. Never trust any nekkid people with a great deal ;D (in real life as well as PE)

Nea said:

Really noone would believe their stories if they were wearing orange jumpsuits or uncolored basic pants and shirts and other clothes cost too much PEDs - it would lower their profit to have them left on a locked avatar.

Passedpawn said:
Really noone would believe their stories if they were wearing orange jumpsuits or uncolored basic pants and shirts and other clothes cost too much PEDs - it would lower their profit to have them left on a locked avatar.

And since when selling a simple set of rascal is not enough to buy a cheap shirt?

I have been told that "dau gata" will be leaving us for some time.

mrproper said:
And since when selling a simple set of rascal is not enough to buy a cheap shirt?

We are talking about professional scammers who run a lot of different avatars and take scamming as a serious business - so if you were one of them: Would you like the money from selling 25 rascal-sets on your bank account or (in shirts and pants) on 40 locked avatars?

Passedpawn said:
We are talking about professional scammers who run a lot of different avatars and take scamming as a serious business - so if you were one of them: Would you like the money from selling 25 rascal-sets on your bank account or (in shirts and pants) on 40 locked avatars?

Stripping off my orange: 0 ped. Buying some blue clothes for my avatar: 7 ped. The thrust I gain this way: priceless

:rolleyes:

It seems that ordinary people threat differently naked or almost naked people. Might be the case here... Or they just made 1-2 ped by selling the stuff on the auction. That should be in the noob guide: sweat, sell free issued items at tt+2 on the auction.

Reactions: Bex
Status
Back