security idea for MA

Joe_Taxpayer

Old Alpha
Society
Integrity version 2.0
Gregg TheTaxman McNally
require all accounts to have a credit card or bank card . this alone will end all scamming and insure the true customers are protected .
this an adult game ,, eula states over 18 or parents permission .

i think its high time to eliminate the scammers and thieves from EU . dont have either ? then you need a sponsor to give their CC info to MA or you are gone .

its a hard line approach ,, but it would eliminate the scammer and hack probs , everyone finacially responsible for there actions .

maybe you agree with me maybe you dont ,, but i see this as the end all of solutions to the constant scams purpetrated by the scum that invades OUR game

no plus reps please ,, i say this only to save the integrity of the paying customers ,, its the only solution i can come up with to deter the bane of OUR virtual world.

Great Idea! it's absolutely impossible for any scammer to use a credit or bank card other than their own!! :scratch2:

Apšviesk & Apsaugok..

Joe_Taxpayer: awesome idea.. Credit Card owners
(legitimate ones) will notice theft only post factum,
after monthly bank report, when it's oftenly too late

prove anything & MA will be just glad for a drastic
decrease of current player base.. scammers will be
busy with a new EU profession as well; accounts

verifying for some cashout, like some time before
in PayPal system.. have u any RL understanding
~ credit cards? - please, post ingame expierence

There are reasons I haven't a CC - technically,
it's bank's, but not yours property & in Lithuania
we also have so called "CC Tax" 4 "having" it in
your possesion & nope, it's not for "normal" card's
maintenance.. that's a separate fee u also pay..

+rep for McCormick

Last edited:
It's a great idea, but MA will never go for it in my opinion. The reason is quite simple, less people will register for the game. That includes all the people who make multiple accounts to.

In addition, a lot of people just want to try the game without any attachments. For example, I tried SL awhile back, if they would have forced me to enter my credit card number, I would have never tried the game.

Another great idea from a guy who truly knows what he is talking about!

require all accounts to have a credit card or bank card . this alone will end all scamming and insure the true customers are protected .

This will NOT end all scamming. You can easily go to any grocery store here in the states and buy a prepaid credit card and use it without there being any type of tie back to the purchaser. What this means is that it is a totally anonymous credit card and you can get them with as little as $5.00 on them and they have a name on the account such as "Gift Card Customer" or "Netspend Customer". It is great that you do not have to show ID or give them any information at all.

Also, not just in the states, you can get credit cards from money stores that are prepaid without providing any type of identification whatsoever.

All this idea will do is slow down the amount of new account signups from legitimate players and scammers a like.

The fact is you can not be scammed unless you allow it to happen. People who get ripped off, while certainly a sad occurence, maybe need to be a bit more responsible with their accounts.

Keep the ideas coming, you just might want to make sure that it is actually correct information first. :)

Last edited:
I would never have started playing this game if i had to put in a bank account number or cc number when i created my account. I was like 15 years old.
In matter of fact, i would most likely never try a game out that made me put in my bank account number right away.

I once tried out a game that required a cc number so that it could get debited when the free time play thing was over, if i wanted to keep on playing. So i just googled up a cc number and tried the game out. I bought the thing a while later and played for a year or so.

I think the gains from not having to put in your cc number is greater than the gains from having to do it. Scammers, hackers and thieves will always be a small part of every universe, virtual or not, no matter what kind of rules that apply - they'll always find a way around them.

I know a lot of people including myself who don't have a credit card. And no, I'm not going to have one in the near future. Why? Because I don't need one and it's expensive to have one.

I don't have a statistic about credit card usage but it's definitely higher in the states.

So basically you're locking out a quite large number of people. Also there're more ways to deposit then just the one with the credit card so there's no reason for people to acquire one just because of EU.

And as others have pointed out credit card theft is quite common these days. So that alone won't help anything. How about providing fingerprints or urine samples?

There are always ways around the security system if you want to find one. So there'll always be scammers who'll always be the minority. I.e. just because there's terrorism that doesn't mean that the majority if people are terrorists even though the governments around the world would like you to believe that.

Selling credit card!

Ps. hurry up, dad gets home in 3hours...

Aside from blocking many legitimate players from EU, it would not put a stop to scamming, as others have already pointed out.

Cheers :beerchug:

So i just googled up a cc number and tried the game out.

Scammers, hackers and thieves will always be a small part of every universe, virtual or not, no matter what kind of rules that apply - they'll always find a way around them.

HMMMMM.... :scratch2:
Not sure how to react to this, someone please tell me im misinterperating these statments !

SL totaly stoped that aproch because they could not get user.
They make same system as MA , and they whent from 300k acount to 2 M in 3 month ...
But , to improve security , SL do show if a user made a deposit using credit card , and if its verified card.

I did ask for that kind of option for EU (show if player did use credit card or what ever service that mean he is verified) ... seems many player was not so happy with the idea.

They are afraid that "hacker" will lure their acount for get hand on credit cart ...

Well for starters I don't even have a credit card because you have to pay for it, which I'm not going to do just for entropia:rolleyes:

wouldn't stop the scamming at all - sorry

Well for starters I don't even have a credit card because you have to pay for it, which I'm not going to do just for entropia:rolleyes:

say what? who has to pay for a credit card???

Just thought I'd copy everyone else's post by saying this idea is 100% Grade A retarded! :yay:

say what? who has to pay for a credit card???

Here in Holland, from the top of my head it's like 30 Euro Quarterly to own and use a credit card, might be lower because if I'd get a CC for my company within the business license it would cost me 7 Euro a month. (Business stuff is more expensive mostly)

This is for my bank at least (Rabobank)

I like the purpose but not the idea and I don't think MA would actually every make it as you propose. Eliminating all accounts without a CC would also remove a lot of people who don't or can't deposit using a CC.

Here in Holland, from the top of my head it's like 30 Euro Quarterly to own and use a credit card, might be lower because if I'd get a CC for my company within the business license it would cost me 7 Euro a month. (Business stuff is more expensive mostly)

You can get a prepaid Visa for about 40 Euros per year. No matter which place in the world. I had a golden Visa from my bank at it had cost me around 13 Euros quaterly including the fees for the bank account.

To use a credit card as "authentication" is a bad idea and would surely not stop scammers.

wow, not being able to find a CC w/out an annual fee is just crazy - oh well, it's all what one's used to, i suppose :)

For Perfect World, another MMORPG, you need to give your ID number from your pass to register, that's why i didn't.

Nice Idea But it Needs Work

this an adult game ,, eula states over 18 or parents permission .

i think its high time to eliminate the scammers and thieves from EU . dont have either ? then you need a sponsor to give their CC info to MA or you are gone .

its a hard line approach ,, but it would eliminate the scammer and hack probs , everyone finacially responsible for there actions .

maybe you agree with me maybe you dont ,, but i see this as the end all of solutions to the constant scams perpetrated by the scum that invades OUR game

no plus reps please ,, i say this only to save the integrity of the paying customers ,, its the only solution i can come up with to deter the bane of OUR virtual world.

MA does need to Crack down on the Scammers I agree with you there But Not In this way.

I will say Yes it will Deter Scammers But it will not end all. Credit card Numbers are Commonly stolen and CAN be found online for a Price.

Moreover your going to do something MA doesn't want done by this. It will Deter New people from trying out the game. Simple Reason it require a Credit Card. These are not going to give anyone they don't know there CC# or bank card.
It also makes the game appear to NOT BE FREE to Download or Logging Into I mean Basic Play.
{Before someone Flames me for this I am Referring to Noob activities Such as Sweating }

It also Kills a lot of Honest Avatars that have Never deposited because they didn't have a Credit card or bank card {Yes They Exist} to do so Or never wanted to Associate a Card with EU. Just to test the Idea on current playershttps://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropia-universe/118051-would-you-have-tried-entropia-universe-if.html#post1417768

Last edited:
Back