Serious newbie seeking a perfect mentor.

Apostleus

Old
Society
Honest Entropians
Trent Apostleus Skywalker
Are you a uber who is just full of information on how to succeed and looking for a right hand man to pass it on to? Well, your search has ended.

My Story
I am a returning player looking to get into the big picture fast and I am looking for someone to help me get there. My real name is George, I'm 18 years old and I live in New Jersey... which is in the United States. I have been playing MMO games for almost ten years now. I'm the kind of guy that would stay logged on 20 hours at a time if I didn't have to go to work and this kind of playtime is still not unusual for weekends. I have played Entropia Universe back about 3 years ago when it was called Project Entropia and the game was still pretty new. I deposited 50 bucks and probably spent a total of a month playing and I graduated in axes to a great guy named Gavin who I heard quit because he sold his FAP worth thousands to the TT by accident. Anyway, I ended up quitting, chipping out, and cashing out making more then I had put in (weee!). I ended up playing other more mainstream, popular mmo games with friends from school. Now that I've graduated high school and working full time and on my own, I'm dieing to get back into this great community and real money economy. Now, for the really important stuff...

The Specifics About Me
I am from New Jersey so I live by the Eastern Standard time zone. I work from 6am-2pm which usually involves waking up by 5am and going to bed by 11pm... so no late nights for me on weekdays. I work full time and I am willing to deposit to get right into the big picture. I'll probably start with 500 PED... shorty after followed by a 2500-3000 PED deposit once my WoW account is sold. From then on out... its all how the winds blow. I play on an awesome gaming rig built by myself that plays EU beautifully :) .

What I Want In A Mentor
I want my mentor to be my best friend who will help me make friends in the right places. I'll be your right hand man and you can share with me all of your wisdom, theories, techniques, etc. I'm really hoping to get some insider information and I'll listen to you lecture for hours to get it all... I'm extremely patient and always eager to learn more. I do have a little experience under my belt but I would be wanting to be treated like a fresh newbie. I want eventually to hunt with you, PvP with you, do landgrabs and beacons with you and whatever else you guys do today for fun. Please be available the same hours I have to play because even though I'll probably never be seen offline weekends, I'd still like to see you weekdays. I'd like it best if I was someone's only disciple while you are teaching me as I am sure I will require plenty of attention :p. Another thing that I would really want in a mentor is someone who wouldn't think twice about throwing a few heals my way or giving me some ammo or bombs if I run short on a hunting/mining run or maybe sell me a few things at TT value if I had a rough night hunting. Maybe eventually after we scratch each other's backs a bit as the saying goes, this can evolve into borrowing your spare gun or something and develop trust.

Anyway, the game is almost done downloading and I want to get this posted before all of the US people get to bed. I look foward to hearing from you all!

Last edited:
good luck and a free bump for u :)

i dont know if im the greatest mentor there is but ... my disciples love me.

i am also eastern time zone with almost the exact same playing schedule.

if you would like we can meet up ingame some time to chat it out.

just make sure while your looking for a mentor you dont become to skilled to be a true disciple

I'm no uber (obviously), but I can provide infortmation (a LOT about eco hunting, which weapons for which mobs, etc.).
At the moment I have 2 disciples on me and would prefer not to pick up another until they are self-sufficient, however, I can assist you if you need help (not financially however, I do not deposit and must pinch every penny to make ends meet).

Eron is a good guy, he is in a well-skilled society and can most likely get you to know "the right people". As to "insider information", I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about :p
But I can vouch for Eron's credibility (sp).

Sent you a PM Apostleus

Merlin

Good luck finding a really good mentor. I would offer but I'm from the UK so we'd never see each other!

I hope you do well. Free bump for you.

Thanks for all the support, guys. I've gotten a few offers but I think I am going to wait and give everyone a little more time to notice my post. I'm going to be in game now just making friends until I think I have made a fair decision...

ttyl

lol i'll give you the Freend Alpha ME (or whatever lame drop) if you graduate.

good luck mate hope you find your dream mentor and stick around..

- ; )

have you found a mentor yet?

my offer still stands btw:)

Freddie

I fear there is no such thing as a "perfect mentor"... you can only hope to get the closest thing to it

You told Sanity that you already had a mentor?

But, if you need help, PM her ingame :)

haha sorry guys, yes I did find a mentor

I picked Merlin because I wanted to get started and he seemed perfect.

I was right, he's awesome. I'm doing so well and learning so much from him.

Glad to hear you found a great mentor so quickly. If you need more help, feel free to contact the Ubers In Training as well. Chaz and I can often be found at Twin and if you can't find us there, someone there may know where we are. Good luck out there!

rediculous he gets an 2.2k Daikiba Mature hof 4 days after he started,,, After he begged about spare guns and spare ammo,, He do not deserve it...

rediculous he gets an 2.2k Daikiba Mature hof 4 days after he started,,, After he begged about spare guns and spare ammo,, He do not deserve it...

Dude dont be so harsh, we've all been there asking for spare ammo/guns and gratz to the HoF that should help him alot in starting his PE life :) dont disrespect him because he got somthing good... if anything it should be GRATZ! ;)

sorry im not uber

When did I beg for spare guns or armor? I deposited 75 dollars my first day. No need for begging. I would never go that low, anyhow.

You have the wrong person, mate. ;)

This type of remark saddens me. I have gotten to know Apostleus and never has he ever asked me for a single thing except advise. In fact I have been told by other players how wonderful it has been for them to deal and interact with him. Yes, I am his mentor, but, if you ask him I would give him more then a scolding if he ever treated another person with disrespect. He has been wonderfully lucky. I was hunting Daks with him and had to log off shortly before he got that HOF and I am incredibly happy he did get it. He has shown a level of integrity higher then a lot of other players in this game. He even is paying off (or paid off) a debt for a bet he made to Coelcanth. Imagine, he lost the bet because he Hoffed before she did. I will not be surprised if in 2 or 3 years he has exceeded the skills and abilities of players who have played 1,2 or even 3 years longer then him.
So, in the words of Gordon Ramsey I say "Bollucks" (is that how its spelled?) to your post sir and "cheers" to a new, intriguing and dedicated player.

Merlin

He even is paying off (or paid off) a debt for a bet he made to Coelcanth. Imagine, he lost the bet because he Hoffed before she did.
The safe bet is, practically EVERYONE will uber before I do. :rolleyes: But seriously though, Apost and I haven't synchronized our meeting yet. I've been at Twin Peaks on 2 occasions, one of them to sell my male Vigilante set to Jeffe, and haven't met up with Apost yet. I tend to get bored after waiting an hour and then go hunting instead. ;)

I'm sure we'll sort it out sooner or later; I couldn't login at all this weekend, except for Friday night.

The safe bet is, practically EVERYONE will uber before I do. :rolleyes: But seriously though, Apost and I haven't synchronized our meeting yet. I've been at Twin Peaks on 2 occasions, one of them to sell my male Vigilante set to Jeffe, and haven't met up with Apost yet. I tend to get bored after waiting an hour and then go hunting instead. ;)

I'm sure we'll sort it out sooner or later; I couldn't login at all this weekend, except for Friday night.

..wanna make a 20PED bet?:D

That you'll uber before me, or that Apostleus and I will synchronize our schedules? :)

Hmm..it's a tough decision, but i'll go for the former;)

Hmm..it's a tough decision, but i'll go for the former;)
As I said to Apost, and to anyone else who's up for it, I'll be absolutely pleased as punch to pay up 20 PEDs if I happen to uber first! A few simple conditions though:

1) You must actually do something in-game; i.e. mining, crafting, hunting. I spend thousands of PEDs per 4 to 5-hour hunting night, so it's only fair that you aren't just standing around town all day, chatting up the local yokels. ;)

2) You will pay me 20 PEDs if you uber first, or if you already ubered. I'm still an "uber-virgin" after 5+ years of suffering severe uber-envy. :silly2:

3) An uber, by definition, is any HOF worth 1,000+ PEDs in TT value. 1,000 PEDs of oils is an uber; an ML-35 worth 88 PEDs or Shadow gloves worth 50 PEDs is not.

As I said to Apost, and to anyone else who's up for it, I'll be absolutely pleased as punch to pay up 20 PEDs if I happen to uber first! A few simple conditions though:

1) You must actually do something in-game; i.e. mining, crafting, hunting. I spend thousands of PEDs per 4 to 5-hour hunting night, so it's only fair that you aren't just standing around town all day, chatting up the local yokels. ;)

2) You will pay me 20 PEDs if you uber first, or if you already ubered. I'm still an "uber-virgin" after 5+ years of suffering severe uber-envy. :silly2:

3) An uber, by definition, is any HOF worth 1,000+ PEDs in TT value. 1,000 PEDs of oils is an uber; an ML-35 worth 88 PEDs or Shadow gloves worth 50 PEDs is not.

I go hunting and mining.

And I've already hit an uber a few weeks ago..can we start the bet from now?:D

I go hunting and mining.

And I've already hit an uber a few weeks ago..can we start the bet from now?:D
Sure. I'm fairly certain you'll uber again before I get my first.

Sure. I'm fairly certain you'll uber again before I get my first.

It's on!

Also, if you can afford it, just buy a few OA108 amps, go to CND, and carpet bomb a dome. Guaranteed uber :D

I graduated in axes to a great guy named Gavin who I heard quit because he sold his FAP worth thousands to the TT by accident.

Not meaning to go offtopic , but what a bloody shame for the guy :( , I would be devastated if I done something like that! Good luck finding a mentor , I will be graduating in one night - I need to cement my knowledge in one other area of the game before I will take on a mentor but since you are someone who has actually profitted from PE , I cant think much of what a mentor can offer you other than maybe some up to date information and maybe be a good friend in game (Suppose those things in themselves are of good value!)

All the best , I actually had an okay mentor when I started out but I think it got to the point they couldnt afford to play so I suffered for a while and learned the hard way but at this point I dont fault my mentor if anything they taught me the nuts and bolts of how to play and sometimes how to learn to be gracious in defeat :)

Hope you find a great mentor! They are out there but equally so there are ones out there just in it for the gifts which is sad

Here that uber scheme seems a good one :) I am not hunting good enough mobs to be able to request entry , but still if everyone did that with a bucnh of people it would end up working out good I think :)

Not meaning to go offtopic , but what a bloody shame for the guy :( , I would be devastated if I done something like that! Good luck finding a mentor , I will be graduating in one night - I need to cement my knowledge in one other area of the game before I will take on a mentor but since you are someone who has actually profitted from PE , I cant think much of what a mentor can offer you other than maybe some up to date information and maybe be a good friend in game (Suppose those things in themselves are of good value!)

All the best , I actually had an okay mentor when I started out but I think it got to the point they couldnt afford to play so I suffered for a while and learned the hard way but at this point I dont fault my mentor if anything they taught me the nuts and bolts of how to play and sometimes how to learn to be gracious in defeat :)

Hope you find a great mentor! They are out there but equally so there are ones out there just in it for the gifts which is sad

Here that uber scheme seems a good one :) I am not hunting good enough mobs to be able to request entry , but still if everyone did that with a bucnh of people it would end up working out good I think :)

There are loads of people who TT valuable stuff accidentally (me being among them)..vote in my thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/95270-lockable-items.html to try and get MA to notice it:D

Back