Should MA/FPC let us continue to teleport to CND?

Should we continue to be able to TP to CND, CP, etc?

• Yes

Votes: 117 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 79 38.5%
  • Other: Explain in post.

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters

Thantos

Grumpy Old Fart
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Jamez Thantos Brios
I think MA/FPC should continue to let us teleport to CND, CP, and anywhere else even after the hangars are up and working again. Split the peds, once per month, to all hangar owners. Now at this point, some of you are saying this isn't fair. Just hold on and read the rest. Pilots will still be able to fly and charge for their flights. But, they will have to lower their prices and provide much better service. So, an active pilot who provides good service will be able to get their monthly cut and make peds flying customers. Pilots who are no good will not be able to provide a quality service and will only get their monthly peds. This will force the pilots to come up with schedules and other things that appeal to potential customers. We will not have to wait for hours or days to get down off of CND. Neverdie will make more money due to easier access to and from his asteroid. Etc, etc.

What do you think?

Absolutely wholeheartly agree.

Hmm, it may kill the existence of pilots, because everyone will want to use the TP

Unless if (the TP)it's expensive

Hmm, it may kill the existence of pilots, because everyone will want to use the TP

Unless if (the TP)it's expensive

Leave it 25 peds as it is now. The pilots can fly cheaper than that and still profit.

Not that great, because pilots don't go up immediately unless you either go VIP or they've already got a full flight. This means they won't get any customers at all because who wants to wait an hour to go up if you can go up immediately for as little as 5ped more?

Leave it 25 peds as it is now. The pilots can fly cheaper than that and still profit.

But 25 PED is the average cost of a manned flight, it should be more expensive if you want competition between the pilots and the tp.

25 PED is just too cheap for commodity

Not that great, because pilots don't go up immediately unless you either go VIP or they've already got a full flight. This means they won't get any customers at all because who wants to wait an hour to go up if you can go up immediately for as little as 5ped more?

You are correct. But if you knew pilot X was flying from Twins at 1400 hrs MA time and for 20 peds, would you use them then?

Maybe one way to make it work would be to leave the option to TP there/back, but raise the cost of the TP to 35-40ped?

This would leave the option to immediately go there/return if you were in a hurry or not willing to wait for a flight, but still leave waiting for a pilot a viable option?

People WILL pay more for convenience, even as others are willing to wait for a cheaper option.

or...

no pilots would fly and then get a share of revenue for not working.

I'm sure some pilots would still fly though, but I would be willing to pay a few ped extra to come and go as I please without having to wait for 2-3 hours to fly back down again.

That's always put me off of going before, besides having my screen shaking like crazy every few minutes from miners in the dome.

simple

simple, make the TP cost twice as much as flying up,
more ped for loot pool
reason for pilots
you can get up/down any time you want.

Currently, the time zone that i live in does not fit the pilots flight schedule. I need to fly up as VIP which does cost more than 25ped. Besides, i can always TP up to CND at my own leisure without having to queue which is just wasting my time. Nothing i can do about it but for me, this is the best option and i would like to keep it this way.

Dislike the idea...

Some pilots would probably retire their service and just get an idea of monthly revenue.... as their cut would be higher now due to higher TP fees.

Pilots could then trade or do other activities and just use the hangar like an LA that spits revenue.

Of course working pilots could double their revenue... but already last time I flew there was far to much time spent between travelling to get a full plane... cut out the big cats who dont care about spending a bit extra for a quick ticket down VIA tp and you've got even bigger waiting since some people wont or cant afford to do 80ped round trip....

Unless you severely cut the cost to fly with a pilot so a pilot could go with maybe 30ped revenue to break even and then anything above is profit.

Plus like I said before I still think its unfair that pilots who have hangars for personal use or resale are making profit off the travel fee which should be going to IMO the working pilots....

What would be better is some system like:

MA introduce a Flight Centre a huge airport that houses Flight Terminals.
A flight terminal can be used by pilots to set their rates and by passengers to catch a flight from the terminal. Note once they catch a flight from flight terminal they are immediately transported to their destination.

This would allow pilots to set their own prices, and save passengers the headache of finding a pilot.

Edit:
I liked my idea so much made a wishlist:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/167908-airport.html

Seeing as several hangers were just bought as an investment and never used it means that the pilots who were active are loosing out at the moment as people who have never run a service are being paid an equal share.

There are times where a tp is handy where you just can't wait. If the hangers were automated so you didn't need a pilot then it may improve that especially if it were ticket based. A group could just find the best price buy their tickets and go rather than having to wait around or search for a pilot who may or may not have to log in especially just to take them.

Bah, poll is maybe not fair because Pilots are fewer than non-Pilot but I cant totally disagree if they dont take back my Hangar totally.

I thought about it the other day. What if MA decide to remove Hangars and share the TP fee as compensation permanently instead? But to be honest, I love my Hangar. I love the freedom to fly whenever I want. That's why I bought it. I'd be a little bit frustrated if this happen even with compensation.

I also thought they could keep the TP service for CP and CND permanently but transform the actual SpaceShips in interplanetary carriers to go on other planets. That's what I wish if they decide to change something. Or transform actual SpaceShips in interplanetary carriers and put some smaller ships in auction for CP/CND.

Another thing I wish is that we should have the exclusivity on a lot of things. Everything should start from Calypso. We are the first colonists. I think we deserve it. (We deserve it = Calypso citizens . Not only Pilots.)

Last edited:
What if MA decide to remove Hangars and share the TP fee as compensation permanently instead? But to be honest, I love my Hangar. I love the freedom to fly whenever I want. That's why I bought it.

Then surely for you a TP would be even more convenient?

You could TP from any town/TP instead of having to make your way to your hangar, add friends to FL, wait while they climb into/out of buggy seats, wait for them to relog, etc etc

:scratch2:

I voted no..however with the pre patch system you just got a white screen and bam youre there...that has to go. There needs to be an actual visual experience for all. Go one better and make piloting a skillable profession and steer the ship real time.

Can you image what fun it would be to have the potential of crashes into asteroids, other ships on the way down etc. Place a few MA rouge ships in the flight path to cause some uncertainty, DMG the pilots ships (unless they can avoid it), increasing the fun and stress levels of all onboard. Make it to the planet and the pilot skills...I know its crazy ...:laugh: :wtg:

If not then at least make the ppl shoot up in tubes to which ever planet they are going...sort of Futurama (yes i watch Futurama and i love it) like, so you can see them shoot up the tube...:laugh:

Then surely for you a TP would be even more convenient?

You could TP from any town/TP instead of having to make your way to your hangar, add friends to FL, wait while they climb into/out of buggy seats, wait for them to relog, etc etc

:scratch2:

No. As I said, I love my Hangar except the buggy seats ofc but it's a bug that will be fix soon or later.

Voted other

A cheap TP down (10 ped like CP) with no cost to pilot to go back down would be the optimum I think. That way Pilots can stay in business but more ppl will go to CND and not be stuck there for hours.

This sharing to all hanger owners isn't really fair as some are active pilots, others not playing and even others that use for their own personal use. The ones that are actively flying and have been should make more as they are providing a service.

Lower costs overall to go up would also help as CND needs the boost. It's a shame it cost $5 to go up and back. That's not at all reasonable and never has been. A person can take a rl bus across town for much less. It's always been unreasonably high to get to CND. I understand the perspective of the pilots and their standing around for hours etc... BUT... many ppl don't go there at all because we get stuck there for hours waiting for a pilot to fly down.

Bah, poll is maybe not fair because Pilots are fewer than non-Pilot but I cant totally disagree if they dont take back my Hangar totally.

I thought about it the other day. What if MA decide to remove Hangars and share the TP fee as compensation permanently instead? But to be honest, I love my Hangar. I love the freedom to fly whenever I want. That's why I bought it. I'd be a little bit frustrated if this happen even with compensation.

I also thought they could keep the TP service for CP and CND permanently but transform the actual SpaceShips in interplanetary carriers to go on other planets. That's what I wish if they decide to change something. Or transform actual SpaceShips in interplanetary carriers and put some smaller ships in auction for CP/CND.

Another thing I wish is that we should have the exclusivity on a lot of things. Everything should start from Calypso. We are the first colonists. I think we deserve it. (We deserve it = Calypso citizens . Not only Pilots.)

Compensation is the TT value of the hanger which i guess would be the sum of there parts need to make one work

pesonally i hate hangers even though i had one at one time and stood at twin for hours hawking flights

i have been to cnd more now that i can tp there and not need to wait in line and even worse wait to come back

my opinion is let them keep there hangers do what they want with them but leave a tp there for those that do not wish to wait

Compensation is the TT value of the hanger which i guess would be the sum of there parts need to make one work

Mmm. MA are usually more compensator. Maybe not a lot more but TT Value is a little bit low. :laugh:

Remember the Stock shares thing? They paid 2 x the value.
And the Personal Revival Terminal? They paid 5000 Peds each iirc.
And now they split the TP fee.

I agree with the idea to make a teleporter down from cnd, as it is from CP. Let the pilots fly as usual. Doesnt seem right an inactive pilot gets paid for doing nothing. Then the easiest way to make profit in EU would be to buy a hangar and do nothing, and in a few years, maby less it would have paid itself and starts making u profit with zero work. I say no work, no money.

Voted No, and i dont own a hangar.

im all for a new gameplay experience and think its needed with reguard to flying the ships. A much more hands on experience would be great. if you could choose it as an option would be better. To fly with combat on or off would be ideal as somtimes u just wanna get where ur going and somttimes you wanna fly with passengers mounting guns that shoot enemies out of the air with the pilot dodging or weaving.

if you think about it tho its just so much easier to hit a tp and get to where u want to go. until they make a decent ingame way to contact other ppl like mail or the ability to pm anyone by inputting a name its faster to just tp. It makes sense that you should be able to tp to anywhere. if you think about it, you can tp to another side of a planet then why not from planet to planet.

charge a dollar or 2 more for the tp and add features to the flight.

IMO

no sufficient destinations: let imagine a real universe, with hundred of planets , asteroid and maybe some action in space (eve?) at that point the hangars/pilotes would be very useful. Like it s now i prefer a tp a 30 ped than a fly at 20/25ped expecialy considering that now we have storage in space.

no sufficient dedication: I see many people buy stuff like investment only es. shops that are empty or used like a storage by rich people. Pretty unfair that the community cannot use this just because u have the money to hold it.

Not an easy issue to fix and make everybody happy.

It's a shame it cost $5 to go up and back. That's not at all reasonable and never has been. A person can take a rl bus across town for much less.

but we're not taking a bus here, this is space travel.

oh, wait, not it's not, it's a server transfer....

If/when Space Pirates come and the other planets are online will it be easier or harder to find a flight to CND/CP (if it comes back)?

Without the full info on everything I think anything could happen.

:)

how about personal TP's at hangars ? :laugh:

Each TP owner could set their own price :laugh:

Keep the TP and adjust the spaceship decay so that pilots can charge much lower fees.

And the TP peds should be "cycled into the economy", not handed out to these spoiled little princesses called hangar owners. :)

a few things...

Here's a few things that make me want to not say yes or no...

IF MA makes pilots the primary method of travel to new planets, MA should leave the portal to cnd open... so pilots can focus more on interplanetary travel...

IF MA creates a new form of travel to new planets that bypasses pilots, pilots won't be happy I suspect... so cnd portal should stay open...

IF the current method of tp travel to cnd continues after pilots can fly again, a new maintainence fee should be added to hangers... just like apartments or shops... Right now pilots rule the universe and own the one asset that always creates income... and they get to live maint. fee free... If we are going to give them a better salary, let's add some taxes with a maint. fee and use that to feed loot pool.

Back