Should the radar be removed from PvP areas?

P-J

Prowler
Society
Aquarius
PJ
I posted this to RCE a month ago - and some great ideas flowed - I wondered what the EF community thought of the idea.

Last week I decided to wander into PvP 4 (empty handed I must add) to see what all the fuss was about. After being killed three times and 'looted' I rapidly realised what the fuss was about. However, the PvP in game seemd to lack any elegance...it was essentially down to players with a number of Mod or Adjusted (insert name of longrange uber gun) wearing Uber armour shooting players from a nice safe distance.

Ok I am kind of bitter becuase I use melee weapons :D.

The use of the radar meant that escape was difficult and the 'hunt' rather easy. Talking to some of the PvP ers later on (from a safe hailing distance) they explained that this was a cost effective and simple approach: see player on your radar, shoot the player and then loot them. No fuss, no messy close quarter fighting and no chance of the victim getting away or hiding.

Wouldn't removing the radar in PvP make it a little more interesting?

Possibly , nothing beats the adrenaline rush though when you have just had a big find in pvp 4 and a green dot appears on radar. :eek:

Yes! or Radar jammers or something equivalent. Would certainly make it more interesting

Wouldn't removing the radar in PvP make it a little more interesting?

yes and no , often you can spend an hour looking for 1 dot on radar, I cannot imaging how hard it would be to find someone else there, would make the whole pvp4 idea pointless , who is gonna hunt people if it takes you 5 hours to find one person?

Well yes, but then the lazy ass depositing >10k$ for uber pk gear wouldn't do it. The more simple, the more deposits. kiss.

It sounds like a good idea, but thinking about from a miners point of view, I have to say I dont like it.

You can detect a miner from quite a distance because the bombs/probes resonate throughout the area, whereas there is not equivalent way for a miner to detect a hunter.

Also, miners by their very nature are stationary a lot of the time, whereas hunters are always on the move and thus much harder to detect.

So, on balance, I have to say, good idea, but no thanks. :(

as miner i say no no no , i like green dots and jump awy, if i see one.

but you have right for hunters would be more intresink.

radar shouldnt be removed, however just like you can get toxic shots there should be a (invisible on radar shot) which for instance lasts 60 minutes.

my thoughts anyways, removeing radar would suck regarding to mobs, I think a shot would be nice or some item you can equip that makes u undetechable on radar :)

radar stealth MF chips is the way to go lasts < 60seconds and needs a reload :)

Reactions: alh
or maybe an intermediate solution would be nice; i mean, not disabling radar completely, but instead making your range of detection smaller, just the same as small mobs have a much smaller range of detection than big mobs.

it could be implemented with a mindforce chip, and the bigger the level of the chip, the smaller your range of detection will be, and it will consume more ME.
it should have a limited duration, serveral minutes for instance.

i think it would be a nice addition to pvp, both for predators and preys :)

/jdegre.

Last edited:
With the new 9.0 revolutionary graphics enhancement i do not see the avatars after around 100 meters in my radar... they are simply invisible even the green dot is always displaying in the radar...

so remove the radar itself, why not lol... for me, it is already done :(

For those who care. Plenty of detailed ideas for chips relating to this and how they might work over on RCE Universe

radar stealth MF chips is the way to go lasts < 60seconds and needs a reload :)

I had suggested something like this on another thread about new skills ideas

'Shielding'

Sheilding ..... Mindforce Skill....... used to move by stealth(not showing on anybodys radar) in PVP areas to help prevent being killed & looted by PK'ers .... can only be used by non-PK'ers, (EG if you have killed another avatar with 1 month, it can't be used)... it'll help non-PK'ers to hunt & mine in safety ...... this will allow PK'ers kill & loot other PK'ers without being annoyed by those damn non-pvp'rs

For those who care. Plenty of detailed ideas for chips relating to this and how they might work over on RCE Universe

Wistrel posted some great ideas onto the thread on RCE ...well worth a look.

i would hide in a tree then and wait shot with a marber and kill all the mining noobs and the pvp ubers. :yay:

so yes! :yay:

You can detect a miner from quite a distance because the bombs/probes resonate throughout the area, whereas there is not equivalent way for a miner to detect a hunter.

It's quite impossible to tell which direction hunter must go to find the miner. But maybe the detectors could find hunters too?

it could be implemented with a mindforce chip, and the bigger the level of the chip, the smaller your range of detection will be, and it will consume more ME.
it should have a limited duration, serveral minutes for instance.

stealth chips and detection chips would be good :cool:

No more hi-co$t equipment please.

Perhaps the radar should operate like someone said before, the bigger threat the further you can see the dot. Gives a little help to not-so-experienced players.

It's quite impossible to tell which direction hunter must go to find the miner. But maybe the detectors could find hunters too?

No more hi-co$t equipment please.

Perhaps the radar should operate like someone said before, the bigger threat the further you can see the dot. Gives a little help to not-so-experienced players.

It's only high cost because players (traders? rich nabs?) make it high cost. Some of the TT+ prices in this game are a fucking joke lol...

My malachi ash shades according to the old right click are worth TT(which is 150PED)+3999 :confused: ....for sunglasses. My sunglasses IRL were freebies off the front of cosmo tbqh lol

It's only high cost because players (traders? rich nabs?) make it high cost. Some of the TT+ prices in this game are a fucking joke lol...

Yes, but the MA part of this phenomen should be not forgotten. :(

w/o radar pvp3 and esp pvp4 would be even more dead..

I think no radar in PvP would be cool, as it would let PvP be more actual skill based than it currently is. Being sneaky, stealthy, and observant are all things that are not really addressed in the skill system, so by removing the radar blips, the game becomes more of a cat and mouse stalking thing... which I rather like the idea of.

AG

w/o radar pvp3 and esp pvp4 would be even more dead..

Nope .... don't think so, .... This'll be just a little incentive for more players to enter these areas, knowing that they have a chance of escape instead of the certainty of being PK'd & looted if spotted on radar by a Pk'r. Remember you still have the chance to loot the regular PK'rs & with the added bonus of some innocent hunter/miner you may just stumble across.

Rookie

Woah, It would be exciting! The struggle to work your way around Atrox you can't see because the map has gone haywire...

I foresee surprise Atrox and other avatar and creature attacks :D

Here's another idea to go along with 'stealth' ... disable the autoaim in all PVP areas(NOT mobs) .... this will give the non-PK'rs more of a chance. There's not much skill in buying Uber gear then use autoaim to kill somebody at the edge of your radar...

Yes and no. Let it show somebody's presence in vicinity (e.g. radar background get slightly red tint), but no dots.

Yes and no. Let it show somebody's presence in vicinity (e.g. radar background get slightly red tint), but no dots.

mm like that idea too!

nice idea ... :)

Well that would be a hell for a miner as me :) The Pk:er can hide inside a tree and when he starting to hear boms/probes drop he knows hes on to something meanwhile i dont have a clue whats happening...Hehe keep the radar or i wont mine there simple as that.

Back