Smoke Monster ! Where did it go ?

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Hi

I don't know if many remember it, or even ever encountered it, but in the days that cnd was still Neverdie's, in the days of Champions League, I sometimes mined at cnd (asteroid). Twice, I got a 'strange signal' on my finder, with the message something like 'you have found something out of the ordinary', more or less like finding a beacon on Calypso. When approaching the coordinates, smoke suddenly appeared, you got hit rather hard, and then the chat displayed 'you have been killed by a smoke monster'.

Does anyone remember this?

Does it still exist?

Has anyone ever screenshot it, or better, killed it?

The second time I encountered it I was less surprised, and started shooting it. It took some damage, but I could not outfap it on my own. It sure was killable, with a good fapper and decent armor.

Is it dormant? Did ND take it with him to NI ?

cheers
Naomi

UPDATE:
I have found someone else who has encountered it, it was in 2008, and he got killed by it, while hunting ambulimax.

Last edited:
... as I have never heard about this before, I am going to ask: Are you sure you are not confusing this with Lost? :silly2:

I think you have dreamt that - there was a (faked) screenie of "smokey", the monster from "Lost", with the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 on the finder, but that was nothing but a joke.

Nobody ever reported a "smoke monster", nor was a global on something like that picked up by one of the numberous trackers.

Beacons (A strange signal has been picked up) and "out of the ordinary" finds are two completely different things, and CND never had "Strange signals".

And from my PoV, both are gone and only MA knows when they will return
(yes, i know, OOTO finds are still there, but honestly, these days they are so rare that they are close to becoming an urban myth)

yeah when i smoked a lot of Monster-...

wait :offtopic:

CND never had "Strange signals".

Are you sure? I have heard people say they have gotten them there, but I have never been there myself so...

Are you sure? I have heard people say they have gotten them there, but I have never been there myself so...

I try to stay away from taxed areas, and as CND is all taxed... i've never been there, nor do i plan to visit "the rock formerly knowns as CND" - but i've heard complaints that you cannot find beacons up there (basically everytime i found on planetside, and i used to find them quite a lot), so no, not 100% sure, but neither do i recall any of the usual suspects (hardcore CND miners) having a botship global before VU 10 - maybe someone else can confirm this.

I thought it was a Monsker acording that that "screenshot" in that other thread. :rolleyes:
:D

<Hurley Voice> The numbers are bad, the numbers are BAD! </Hurley Voice>

hahaha

hahaha, I know it sounds strange, but I've really been killed by it... twice.

this is not a joke.

the mystery goes on

the mystery goes on.

Can anyone who has encountered this phenomenon (about 3 years ago I think), put it in this thread pls?

Although the other thread about this might very well be a joke, and he might have photoshopped the numbers, and the line, I have encountered the exact same smoke, in the picture, and back at the days it DID kill me.

I think that the screenie is partly modified, but the actual smoke is exactly the same of what I saw.

+ updated first post, 1st witness found!

Last edited:
I do actually recall someone talking about this before, but I have a feeling it was probably a miss-understanding when someone mentioned the joke screenie from earlier.

hmm I 've only met Jacob :) hehehe no havent seen the smokes nor the others...
yeh Jacob the one who cant die lol

I am on cnd since end of 2007..no strange signals for me so far.

I mined only ore so maybe only enmatter finder could get signal?
You say 1 could see it while hunting ambus,so how could he get strange signals?:S

Last edited:
smoke monster.......... never watched lost on tv but I know theres some kind of monster thingy.. and it eats the persons trapped on a island.. they say that the lost series is very popular among 14 years old girls because theres some kind of hunk in it.. same with prison break..

only series I ever watched was old school V and twin peaks

A miner in the dome might have triggered it.

As a i seen in prev. posts it have been gone after the miner was revived.

While I have no doubts MA could actually have a typo in 'monster', that isn't even a good photoshop job.

While I have no doubts MA could actually have a typo in 'monster', that isn't even a good photoshop job.

true
there is something fishy about the mosnters' name, and with the numbers, both fo those seem to have been photoshopped. As far as the smoke, that looks pretty similar to what I saw :;)

Back