So, If your reader stops working or gold card...

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme
Are you just screwed for a few months? I just sent in support case. I have never had it this bad.

Error 72, Error 73, Error 76...Over and over all day.

this would happen once in awhile but NEVER a code? This has not happened to me yet. Only had this gold card less then one year.

Can anyone else explain their experience in getting a new reader if you live in USA?

And I cant tell if its the reader or the card, because no one around me here in LA. Plays...

So...If anyone can tell me what to expect, that would be great.

|V| |)

Old
Society
ROUA
try changing the batteries and also clean the contacts on the card before asking for a new one

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme
try changing the batteries and also clean the contacts on the card before asking for a new one

Thank you for your reply, I cleaned the card with a wipe with cleaner on it. So, I should open up the reader and replace the battery? Hmm... Okay. Thanks :)

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme
Does anyone have a screwdriver small enough to fit the back of this reader? if so please send me a pm lol :laugh:

Joser

Stalker
Society
Church of Lootius
Octavius Joser Rex
Find anyone that wears glasses. The screwdriver that fits the glasses should also fit the back of the reader.

Edit: Better yet, go to Walmart and grab the glasses "repair kit" for like $10. Done and done.

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme
Find anyone that wears glasses. The screwdriver that fits the glasses should also fit the back of the reader.

Edit: Better yet, go to Walmart and grab the glasses "repair kit" for like $10. Done and done.

:eek: Will do.... :) Thanks!

Oleg

Mutated
Society
Rangers
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I realise it's not very helpful for you with your current problem, but this is why I bought a spare reader a while ago. If it's really broken and changing the battery doesnt work, you'll have to wait a while for MA to send you a replacement one (and only after you've sent them the broken one).

With a spare reader you can use that to log in while you're waiting for the replacement to arrive.

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme
I realise it's not very helpful for you with your current problem, but this is why I bought a spare reader a while ago. If it's really broken and changing the battery doesnt work, you'll have to wait a while for MA to send you a replacement one (and only after you've sent them the broken one).

With a spare reader you can use that to log in while you're waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Hi Oleg,

Yes, I have read about people doing this...Now I do this on the new Planet Calypso website, and I don't have to have my gold card working to order it?
If not I will order one right now and have a spare. Excellent idea.

Thank you :)

Oleg

Mutated
Society
Rangers
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Hi Oleg,

Yes, I have read about people doing this...Now I do this on the new Planet Calypso website, and I don't have to have my gold card working to order it?
If not I will order one right now and have a spare. Excellent idea.

Thank you :)
I don't know if you can do that, but worth a look. I bought mine from the TT which is no longer possible and obviously required a working card and reader to be able to log in.

Grrrrr

Elite
Are you just screwed for a few months? I just sent in support case. I have never had it this bad.

Error 72, Error 73, Error 76...Over and over all day.

this would happen once in awhile but NEVER a code? This has not happened to me yet. Only had this gold card less then one year.

Can anyone else explain their experience in getting a new reader if you live in USA?

And I cant tell if its the reader or the card, because no one around me here in LA. Plays...

So...If anyone can tell me what to expect, that would be great.
I too tend to get the same error reads over and over again. Try inserting the card slowly, it works for me :)

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme

Just wanted to thank both of you for your advice.

I went to store purchased eye glass repair kit. $1.99
Sat in car and unscrewed 3 of the screws to find out what type of batteries were in it: (3V 2016 flat nickel batteries).

Went back in store, bought the batteries $6.99

Came home, put the new batteries in and screwed that puppy back together.

Wala! It works! Time and Effort: "Priceless"

Thanks guys! :cool:

ELVENSON

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Thor Elvenson
Hey hey well done!
Glad you were able to fix it on your own.

Beki

Prowler
Society
=NotA=
Rebekah Beki Viera
Just wanted to thank both of you for your advice.

I went to store purchased eye glass repair kit. $1.99
Sat in car and unscrewed 3 of the screws to find out what type of batteries were in it: (3V 2016 flat nickel batteries).

Went back in store, bought the batteries $6.99

Came home, put the new batteries in and screwed that puppy back together.

Wala! It works! Time and Effort: "Priceless"

Thanks guys! :cool:

I hate Gold Card Reader fault related panics like this :)

glad it works now :yay:

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Renee Rex Extreme
Hey hey well done!
Glad you were able to fix it on your own.

:yay: Me too! Thanks ELVENSON!:silly2:

And this goes out to anyone who has trouble with their reader. Those are the types of batteries the reader takes. And it takes two baby!

Gluepot

Elite
Society
Obsidian Order
Daina Gluepot Rendar
Buy 2 readers, when one breaks send it in and use the other one.

Mel

Alpha
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Hormel Mel Jorell
Does anyone know....I bought GC and reader prior to "free" GC offer if u have depo'd enough. Can I still get a 2nd reader for free since I haven't gotten a free one?

Joser

Stalker
Society
Church of Lootius
Octavius Joser Rex
Does anyone know....I bought GC and reader prior to "free" GC offer if u have depo'd enough. Can I still get a 2nd reader for free since I haven't gotten a free one?
No free one for you. I had to pay to get another.

Dorsai

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign.
Does anyone have a screwdriver small enough to fit the back of this reader? if so please send me a pm lol :laugh:
As It happens, I have such.
I use it to open up car-alarm remotes at work to change the batteries.
As you are now sorted, I won't bother with the Pm though... ;)

AlphaGeek

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Alpha AG Geek
The screwdriver you need to open the case is a #0 phillips head.

While you're in there, it might not hurt to inspect the card contacts and switch assembly. My reader was requiring me to press firmly on the face to get a reading, so I took a 2mm flat balde screwdriver, inderted it under the arch of each card contact, and lifted them slightly to compensate for wear and metal fatigue. Be Careful to to exert too much force!!!

AG, having just done this and trying to do constructive stuff while he can't log in.

Sierra

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Sierra Sapphire Sionia
Necro but just to confirm my brand new gold card reader behaved like this. I changed the batteries and it worked.

Maybe it was sitting on a shelf since 2009? :D

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
Hell yes, Necro, but not outdated. Such thing may happen anytime again :D

Sidenote: Some years ago, my reader was really broken. Replacement by MA within 3 days, but I live in europe, other continent may take a few days more.

Another sidenote: my sister is playing EU, too and if one of our readers will break we can use each others reader.

IF card breaks, hell only MA can help with that :)
Glad that never happened to me so far.

xaph

Elite
Society
Antipodean Army
Xaph
76 Batteries ARE LOW!

76 Batteries ARE LOW! Ditto!

tyk

Dominant
my readers been giving me error the past 5+ years.. but in the end it still always gives the code

xaph

Elite
Society
Antipodean Army
Xaph
Best I can say

Mine is problematic too! Just watch the... Burning man vids and try again or purchase batteries!

LangeTobias

Elite
Edgewise
76 Batteries ARE LOW! Ditto!
Hello and welcome to 2017,

we have this thing called Entropia Pocket, try it out. It is completely free, and it doesn't give any low battery errors or similar (unless you keep forgetting to charge your mobile phone)

Or simply undo the screws to the reader and replace the batteries. Kinda simple as that.

my readers been giving me error the past 5+ years.. but in the end it still always gives the code
Why not order a new reader for free in the past 5 years? I've had a reader that started to malfunction (talking 2011 here) and all I did was a support case and they sent me a new one for free. Yeah, they even did send it to Scotland in just two days or so when I moved from Sweden to Scotland and had a craving for EU all of a sudden..

Entropia pocket eliminates all the problems that I used to have with reader/card etc.. and if I against all odds lose my phone, I can still have entropia pocket on my tablet at home. Or send a support case with my ID and stuff to have them remove it temporarily and use another unit for it.

How long is one without a phone these days any way :D

tyk

Dominant
Hello and welcome to 2017,

we have this thing called Entropia Pocket, try it out. It is completely free, and it doesn't give any low battery errors or similar (unless you keep forgetting to charge your mobile phone)

Or simply undo the screws to the reader and replace the batteries. Kinda simple as that.

Why not order a new reader for free in the past 5 years? I've had a reader that started to malfunction (talking 2011 here) and all I did was a support case and they sent me a new one for free. Yeah, they even did send it to Scotland in just two days or so when I moved from Sweden to Scotland and had a craving for EU all of a sudden..

Entropia pocket eliminates all the problems that I used to have with reader/card etc.. and if I against all odds lose my phone, I can still have entropia pocket on my tablet at home. Or send a support case with my ID and stuff to have them remove it temporarily and use another unit for it.

How long is one without a phone these days any way :D
i have a spare reader, but like i said, it has always given the code after few tries... so no need to swap yet.

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
I almost gave up on my reader this time. Error 72 and all. Even with the new Reader. Cleaned the card with no luck. Then when I almost gave up I licked the card and welll, it started working again? Did I show it love?

theProphet

Prowler
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
suggestion: don't pull the card out completly, only as much that the display turns off. it seems the contacts inside the reader are scratching tiny plastic pieces from the card, which seems to be a source for those errors...

got a reserve reader long time ago at leipzig games convention, but my first reader still didn't give up after 11.5 years. crazy huh?

:wtg: