Spaceships

Indi

Dominant
Society
Greeks
Indi Indi Indiman
Some days ago i claimed a spaceship that apeared in front of me when a miner was close to the place and he told me that i took his spaceship.

As i wasn't really sure if a spaceship is the result of a miner's action - dropping a bomb/prob - i send a support case to MA to clarify that matter.
This is the answer :

First of all I would like to clarify you did not do anything wrong, in this case the spaceship indeed was a result of mining, but sometimes the miner can not take the spaceship because they get killed/disconnected or from some other reason.
It will be up to you to decide if you want to give it back to the miner that extracted it.

So a spaceship always belongs to a miner as it's the result of his action.
For me it's clear now that my action to claim it, was wrong.
It's like killstealing.
I don't deserve it and by claiming it i stolen the enjoy from the miner.

Yes anyone that is close enough can claim a spaceship but, in my opinion, the propper action is to let or even help if needed the miner claim it. I'm sure that all of u agree with it.

If a spaceship is really left from the miner alone for anyreason then yes whoever find it can claim it.

At least that's what i will do from now on.

Plz Westy accept my apologize and i hope u let me fix this case...:eek:

The thing that caught my eye is the expression "give it back to the miner".

I agree that you did nothing wrong and should not feel guilty about keeping it, though. This game is like that, and the miner should understand that.

I did see his thread posting about the ettiquette involved. I can see why he's dissappointed, but he has no reason to consider it anything but bad luck on his part, better luck on yours.

It happens.

Oh, regarding the concept that we don't know for certain if these are spawned due to dropping mines...

The next time somebody sees a spaceship (of that kind), they should drop a mine and see if it ALSO registers the strange signal... Then we'd know if the strange signal is a cause of (or an effect of) the spaceship.

Has this test been performed by anyone that happened across one of these without getting the strange signal?

your not wrong, if is spawn infront of you claim it. everythign in eu is up for grabs if you can get away with it. i would have done the same and expect everyone to take my ship if i miss it.

Well, Indi, regardless of the outcome of this, I am giving you +rep for your honorable intentions on following up on the matter, and wanting to resolve it.

It is easy for everyone to say, "give the miner his loot!" or "You stole someone's space ship!" But there will always be an exception to every rule. Just because someone shows up at a space ship with mining equipment in their hand, doesn't mean they placed a bomb or probe to spawn it, does it?

But, like I said, regardless of the outcome, +rep to you.

The next time somebody sees a spaceship (of that kind), they should drop a mine and see if it ALSO registers the strange signal... Then we'd know if the strange signal is a cause of (or an effect of) the spaceship.
You won't get a signal if I remember correctly.

Oh, regarding the concept that we don't know for certain if these are spawned due to dropping mines...

Has this test been performed by anyone that happened across one of these without getting the strange signal?

I found a spaceship in between 2 other miners within radar range, was damn thrilling ;)

Maybe check this old thread i've made, spaceship go into the "mining" section of the hall of fame, i guess that confirms hunters just find spaceships a miner left behind:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/55014-robot-spacecrafts-belong-miners.html

IMO, it's spawned by the drop of a probe/bomb, and is only indicated on a single finder.

bla bla bla... in this case the spaceship indeed was a result of mining... bla bla bla.

Does that mean it is not always that RSSs are a result of mining?

Anyhows, +rep for general honesty and for getting MA support to give out atleast a partial confirmation of how RSSs spawn.

If spaceships were just "for Miners" then they would be like claims.
The only person who can mine a claim is the miner who found it.

As they are not like this, they are for the person who gets there first.

If you think this is not fair, take it up with MA. They wrote the code.

I think if u find spaceship, wait for 5-10min and then claim it if nobody shows up.

When u see a hunter having difficulties with a hard mob most of us go and fap him. Wouldn't be a nice ethic to do the same with a miner trying to claim a spaceship ? That's my point. At least for me this the right.

ive found 2 spaceships without a bomb... first one was while hunting.. and it was my first ever.. second one was while mining.. my finder didnt pick the signal all tho it was on my radar when i bombed.. then i started to check aroun me and saw robos and started wondering wtf.. went there and there was a spaceship...

nothing wrong with those.. ur the one who looted it.. its urs

Some days ago i claimed a spaceship that apeared in front of me when a miner was close to the place and he told me that i took his spaceship.

As i wasn't really sure if a spaceship is the result of a miner's action - dropping a bomb/prob - i send a support case to MA to clarify that matter.
This is the answer :

First of all I would like to clarify you did not do anything wrong, in this case the spaceship indeed was a result of mining, but sometimes the miner can not take the spaceship because they get killed/disconnected or from some other reason.
It will be up to you to decide if you want to give it back to the miner that extracted it.

It's like killstealing.

Yes anyone that is close enough can claim a spaceship but, in my opinion, the propper action is to let or even help if needed the miner claim it. I'm sure that all of u agree with it.

If a spaceship is really left from the miner alone for anyreason then yes whoever find it can claim it.

Well it's great that it was confirmed by MA. Thank you Indy.
+ rep, for your selfless and honorable behaviour, now when it was clarified.

Nobody can deny the integrity of Indi and the way he has conducted himself since our little incident. I don't think you need to apoligise but I accept your good attitude towards all of this.

Everybody give him some +rep for taking the time out to find out some answers.

Indi I apologise to you for accusing you of stealing. That you did not do. The etiquette of spaceships is only breached if you follow or beleive in it or even are aware of it. So if anyone takes a ship its entirely your decision and should not reflect poorly on you. No one is obligued to wait for the miner. Its pure luck. If MA wanted it another way they could do it.

As for my agro. Well I was pissed because it happened to me. Thats nothing special. Its happened to other people too. I got over it soon after. You have to think of it as an opportunity and not a right to get the ship. With a bit of excitement/anxiety thrown in (will i/won't i get it) (bit like pvp for miners).

Please keep the loot mate and I hope it gets you that extra 50 ped ammo that gets you a nice Allo hof.

This is the answer :

It's like killstealing.

+Rep Indi for caring to take the extra effort with a support ticket.

Total empathy with Indi.

It's obvious that one with the strange signal,spent the ped to make it happen and therefore should get the prize.Just like the hunter spent the ped on shooting a mob and then loots it.
Ships dont spawn like fruit do they? or stones?.They don't just pop up out of the blue as your walking along within 10m of you.

If your there when a miner gets the signal and you see the ship spawn,you know the miner was the reason it appeared and it's theirs no one elses.

If you find it and no ones around then its dilema time but any decent person would wait around for awhile,see if the miner returned and let them claim it.Possibly help them to deal with the bot posse too if they needed it.
If no one appears then fair enough i think most would take it.

If i saw someone in the street,drop their wallet i'd shout"Oi m8 you lost something!".
Some would pick it up and exit stage left asap.

You'll never change the latter,they are lost souls.

Just hope that Karma bite's their arse.

:smoke:

I managed to get 3 ships in a couple of hours recently. Two of them were a fair trek a way from where I dropped. One of them however spawned virtually on top of me as i picked up the signal.

It definitely wasn't there before dropping. I look at this as proof that at least some of ships are spawned by miners. I know there is a theory that the ships were always there and dropping just points the way.

I'd always wait about for the miner if i just encountered a ship.

in this case the spaceship indeed was a result of mining, .

Hmmm this is interesting in the fact that it leaves it open to the fact that a miner may not always be the cause for a ship - being stated "in this case" is rather ambiguous as to the true nature of spaceships spawning. Does this means in other cases they are not spawned by a miner?

Keep your eyes peeled. Indi and I are going to do something fun with the 50 ped from the ship. Will be in a seperate thread (i think).

Back