Spend 1000 peds what on

Sibolovin

Alpha
Society
Aussie Entropians
Mandi
Hi guys some peds for ya thoughts
I normally depo weekly 100-200peds for ammo repairs etc, I am going to make a one off deposit of 1000 peds - what should I buy invest in.
Some ideas I have had Plates(6a etc)/chip evade in/better FAP/use for ammo for missions

Lvl 25 In laser and blp 23 (been playing for about 6 months)
About 8 in evade (takes ages to level up)

What I have
a car
Pixie Armour
Shogun Armour
Fap 10/5/15
Vivo T1
A101 and A103 amp
Opalo SGA
S50 Emik unlimited
Kross h350 (L)
m3a breer (L)
TT mining gear mainly (dont mine much if at all mainly hunt)

What currently doing in game grinding small mobs (doing Daikaba mission, have started merp and argo)
Seem to mainly shoot mobs for my level dont like paying too much in decay at this stage.

Some worldly advise is much appreciated by the experienced players here.

hmmm gun upgrades are allways a good thing to do with extra ped in my book. However if you don´t have enough money for your next gun then just add the ped to you bankroll. :wise: Ohh and if you don´t have 5b plates yet... go and buy a set of those now. Those are killer for allmost all mobs which do cut stab or impact damage.
Use the armor adviser on entopedia to doublecheck that for the setup you use.

gl. :yay:

Well evade and combat reflex are they only skills I chip in so I would go with that. Remember the less often a mob hits you the less your armour decays and the less you have to heal, saving you fap decay. Good long term savings.

Ammo and decay.

This is basically going to come down to just a few questions.
1)Do you want to save money in the long run?
2)Do you want to get ahead now?
3)What means more to you, defence or offence?

If you don't have any plates at all then I'd suggest getting some. 5b and 6a are the most all-round useful plates to have and the markup on them is very low these days. You'll probably use them forever so they're a very worthwhile purchase. I'd also recommend 5a for a more eco alternative to 5b, and 6b for electric mobs. Every hunter should have these 4 sets imo but 5b and 6a are the most important ones.

Other than that I don't think you need any other gear at this point. Skilling is more important for you right now so chipping would be an option, I can't really give advice on that though as I don't chip and have no idea about prices etc. And of course you could simply use the extra PEDs to hunt with.

Some other things I'd suggest: The S50 isn't particularly useful and you'll have a fair bit of money tied up in just the TT of it. You could sell that and use the PEDs to go towards plates or just for skilling, and stick to the (L) guns for hunting. I'd also suggest looking at your FAP choices - the (L) ones are much cheaper to use than your unlimited ones (other than the T1), and if you have enough Paramedic to max or nearly max SK-20 (L) then I would recommend using that all the time until you're much more skilled. If you feel you need a more powerful FAP for emergencies then you might want to think about getting a FAP-50.

I'd have to agree that the 5B plates are an excellent choice, but for a less expensive alternative, I'd recommend getting a set of 2A's. They don't offer quite as much protection as the 5B's, but they do add just enough to let you handle an additional mob or two in rough situations.

(Also, with the 5B's you'll be tempted to hunt difficult mobs, which = mucho ammo and decay spent... I actually sold my 5B's and only hunt small)

Another suggestion is a 2350 FAP... to date it is still one of my favorite purchases, and I still use one. Although there may be more powerful FAPS's, the 2350 is so friggin' FAST that you can pop a quick heal or two and get right back on your weapon and hopefully finish the mob before it gets you. Drawback is, it does decay quite a bit, but I only use it in emergencies.

Hope that helps! :wise:

This is basically going to come down to just a few questions.
1)Do you want to save money in the long run?
2)Do you want to get ahead now?
3)What means more to you, defence or offence?

1) Save money always good. I just want some advice from people who have played for a while and things they wish they had or hadn't brought in retrospect

2) Getting ahead would be good. Just not sure how to get there

3) Probably defence at this stage keep decay costs down over the long term

At this stage probably looking at plates as suggested, chip evade (any one selling some lol), and the rest more ammo I guess.

Thanks for suggestions keep em coming :yay:

With that prof lvl you can either go the Ghost + 5B way, and later on perhaps
a Karma Killer or similar, then you can start hunt some bigger mobs.

OR you can stick to what you have, hunt low-lvl creatures and see how long you can get the 1000 peds to last.
It will give you skills and alot of joy!

As Chrome says, a 5B kit and ghost armor will make you want to hunt bigger mobs, so after that investment you will probably want to get a better fap and so on.

as a 4.7 yr player, one thing beyond the plates, (shogun+5b is great for your level) i recommend something blasphemous to the "new" crowd. one good old style ul gun, whatever your choice of weapons may be......Katsuichi determination, ep-40 mercenary, bravo (tagger), justifier II. i know the eco heads freak out at this suggestion, but the skill gain with ul weapons is waay higher. lower hits, yes. but there is no substitute for putting just 10 ped on a merc when you are low on peds and blasting out a 100ped ammo hunt. when your (L) guns go up in %, the decay on the ul weapon stays the same...i know its preferences, i know some are out to squeeze every dime out of EU, sometimes its ok to just go old school. try a good ul pistol against the (L) of your level and choice and see how many more skills you get...my 2 pec.

I'd have to agree that the 5B plates are an excellent choice, but for a less expensive alternative, I'd recommend getting a set of 2A's. They don't offer quite as much protection as the 5B's, but they do add just enough to let you handle an additional mob or two in rough situations.

(Also, with the 5B's you'll be tempted to hunt difficult mobs, which = mucho ammo and decay spent... I actually sold my 5B's and only hunt small)

Another suggestion is a 2350 FAP... to date it is still one of my favorite purchases, and I still use one. Although there may be more powerful FAPS's, the 2350 is so friggin' FAST that you can pop a quick heal or two and get right back on your weapon and hopefully finish the mob before it gets you. Drawback is, it does decay quite a bit, but I only use it in emergencies.

Hope that helps! :wise:

the 2350 also gives tons of skill ups.

buy an omegaton A104 amp, max H400 if not allready maxed, repair all your equipment and keep them allways repaired after each hunt.

go grind some Atrox youngs and matures, next month you will be more skilled, if you have not looted enough to keep you going, deposit the same amount and buy 5b armor platings and grind mobs again, experiment hunting and try find a pattern where you become selfsufficient and start make ped, dont go for the big peds, just slow but steady profit is good.

For myself, building skills is the most important thing to do in this game.

I do not use armor. I hunt creatures that are within my current skill abilities. Cornundacauda are the present fixation of interest, so I hang out around West Mound hunting the Beryclyed and Exarosaur that hang out with them. Before these I hunted Daikiba; seventeen thousand of them. (I do the missions.) By not using armor I build my First Aid, Anatomy, Dexterity and Diagnosis skills. More quickly than I would using protection. I also keep in reserve my money by not needing repairs or replacement of the armor.

The weapons I currently use is the Breer M3a(L), Montgomery Anabolic Adaptive and the Sollomate Opalo. The Breer is my primary weapon. I want the weapon skills and the more shooting I do, the more the skills increase. The fifteen shots to take down a Cornundacauda Old, let's say, using the Breer, or four from the Anabolic, is like tripling my various skill awards using the Breer. More shots, more skills rendered. The Anabolic is for animals that deliver an excessive amount of damage. The Cornundacauda Alpha is one of those. Blow its ass off, collect the loot (?) and don't worry about it anymore.

These weapons also give maximum allowed damage-10/10, as they are within my various weapon skills and Laser Damage profession. I also choose weapons that are 'good' or better in decay. For myself, anything under 'good' is excessive spending of money. The Healing Aids piss me off.

By facing off against thousands of animals, my Evade, Combat Reflex, Athletics, Courage, etc. skills increase, allowing me to confront ever larger, more dangerous Mobs and receive low amounts of damage. I have no hurry to face off a Atrox-kicking its tail up around its snout, a Eomon or some behemoth that swallows a house in a single gulp following two crunches. One critter is pretty much the same as another to me. Skills are the object of my amusement.

I won't use chips. They are temporary, costly and of no permanent benefit to my Avatar. I accept missions to kill animals and get the skill increases that are offered at each level. When I topped out the Daikiba at 10.000 I had the choice: Dexterity (equal to a 10 Ped implant bonus)-it is used in Weapons, Healing Aids, Mining, Drilling and other equipment or an increase of one point in handgun or rifle. What's important to you? Advance it.

Hunting thousands upon thousands of critters, building skill points is an enjoyable way to traverse the game and not use tons of money. How good can I become without chips, armor or weapon attachments? Anyway, that's how I play.

i´d say that plates will come handy so 5b is very good for most mobs then maybe an emergency fap for those nasty crits:)

ammo.. and plates.. 5b and 6a.. and then more ammo..

I won't use chips. They are temporary, costly and of no permanent benefit to my Avatar.

What?!?

Maybe you don't understand how chips work. :scratch2:

I'm gonna try to give some input based not only on what you currently do and plan to do, but also what could serve you in the (near?) future. As such, do not take the following to apply only to daik, merp and smaller argo.

Healing device choices:
Unless you are Paramedic level lvl 17+, don't use FAP-10/15 (maxed at lvl approx 18). As you most certainly are not paramedic 37.53, don't use the FAP-5 - use the Vivo T1 in its place.

However, do not let the larger absolute decay per use of larger (L) FAP's, or even the fact they got MU, scare you off. If you can find some low-MU SK-20's or T5/T10 they are about the same eco. If you buy them at high-TT you can likely even add eco enhancers to them too during their lifetime, bringing them in the end closer to 10 HP/PEC (or better if lucky!).

For emergency-fapping when hunting, use the best you can afford (HP/PEC) at your level. By level I mean both your Profession level and your level of play - here I include the mob, its regen and how fast it hits you (this includes taking into account if you're mostly hunting solo, or in teams). For your current level of huntin it sounds like the SK20 would suffice. Later on you may want to look into some UL FAP's, like 2600, FAP-90, or maybe even FAP-28. EK-2600 is a low-MU option but costs a bit to use. FAP-90 is effectively its more eco counterpart, but costs more to buy.

Extrapolating from your other skills I'd say SK-20 or T15 (both L) would be your main healing device of choice for now. I wouldn't totally dismiss the 2350 even counting its eco, depending on mob and style of hunting, but it wouldn't exactly be my first choice either. For daik, merp and argo - no way.

Weapons:
Consider an A104, either in addition or as a replacement for the A103. See the weapon comparison page at Entropedia.

You may want to look at getting a larger Korss (H400) or a P5a, to replace the H350 when it dies. They are of slightly better eco and deal over twice the DPS. For even more bang Isis HL6 may be an option.

Armor:
You should seriously consider a set or two of plates. Argonauts with Pixie + 2A or 2B seems like a good option for Argo Adult, but please do check the Armor Adviser. Also, even for these relatively small mobs one shouldn't discount some (L) armors. Rascal (L) is not a too bad fit, and in addition you don't pay the armor decay when equipping. :)

When stepping up the mob-ladder, Gremlin is a generic and appreciated armor, and 5b plates can be used against a great many mobs with both good protection and eco, but don't put on more protection than you actually need!

6a plates seems like a bad fit for your current choice of mobs, as they protect quite a lot (over 50% of their protection) against Burn. Save Burn protection until you start hunting robots.

To round off a probably too long post; research, research and research. Entropedia is your friend, as is a local spreadsheet. :)

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Invest in yourself - buy ammunition.

Fap 10/5/15
Vivo T1

If you need more healing than Vivo T1 gives you, T5(L) and then T10(L), once maxed are far better than the faps. Yes, the markups seem very high, but even taking the markups into account, at level 4 paramedic, you still get 6.23 hp/pec from T5(L), while the best of your faps, FAP-10, give 3.6 hp/pec. The faps are even worse at lower levels than 4. Faps are not for you at low levels.

Don't buy things you are not going to use. While there are good plate suggestions in the thread, if you are not going to hunt the mobs these would be good against in the next 3 months, don't buy the plates. Use the entrpoedia armor adviser to find out which ones you need.

Do buy ammo. Use at least half the peds to start throwing less things into TT and instead selling these at a markup (101% could be an extra ped you made).

I agree with Stryker, get ammo, save the loot you get so you can sell it for some markup, don't waste it on other/bigger items. Bigger items will only make you loose more :)

What?!?

Maybe you don't understand how chips work. :scratch2:

so hes saying skill chips which are made from an esi, were someone extracts some of their skills into the chip which makes them lose those skill points permanently until they rebuild them by hand, only give your a temporary skill increase? um no, someone smack him please.

Okay so I

Brought a 400 ped evade chip
Now Lvl 10 in evade (Has made killing Daikaba Dominants a lot easier - those suckers can hit hard through pixie)
Spent 600 ped on ammo. By tonight should be 2000 down of 5000 mission of Daikabas. Will save loot till end and stick in stacks on auction

Will look at plates advice for when I start argo mission several 1000s merps daikabas away

No armor, no plates, no chipping.
You're on the right track.
Just get more ammo and maybe a Svempa s60 and you're good to go.

What's a Kross H350(L) btw? ;)

Some

What you could do is ...

Sell :

a car
Shogun Armour
Fap 10/5/15
A101 and A103 amp
S50 Emik unlimited
Kross h350 (L)
m3a breer (L)

Keep :

Pixie Armour
Vivo T1
Opalo SGA

Buy :

5a plate (the underdog of the plates)
P4A and M4a
A Sleipnir
a 10ped First Aid chip
A SK20 fap

Enjoy

Later On the good upgrade would be :

Buy (L) armor part that cost under 108% in auction, anything work excep rascal (L) and polaris (L) , anything else is worth it.

Buy a Beast Blp amp to fit the CB19(L) gun.

so hes saying skill chips which are made from an esi, were someone extracts some of their skills into the chip which makes them lose those skill points permanently until they rebuild them by hand, only give your a temporary skill increase? um no, someone smack him please.

So, my belief was, chips are inserted to help with hunting, or crafting, whatever, and each time they are used the chip and mind implant unit derive decay. There-by, taking a fraction of a pec each use adds up to several pecs/peds from my account when I go for their repair. In addition, when I remove the chip the skill increase that it provided is no longer part of my skill set. IE. Temporary.

Thank you guys (Chrome and dargonstar) for pointing out the error in my belief. Now, that I know the skills are permanently mine after the chips' removal, and that they are cost free beyond the original purchase, I'll go grab all I can find and use them right away.

So, my belief was, chips are inserted to help with hunting, or crafting, whatever, and each time they are used the chip and mind implant unit derive decay. There-by, taking a fraction of a pec each use adds up to several pecs/peds from my account when I go for their repair. In addition, when I remove the chip the skill increase that it provided is no longer part of my skill set. IE. Temporary.

Thank you guys (Chrome and dargonstar) for pointing out the error in my belief. Now, that I know the skills are permanently mine after the chips' removal, and that they are cost free beyond the original purchase, I'll go grab all I can find and use them right away.

Not sure if you still understand it but I try simplify it:
1.Someone buys/loots an empty skill implant(esi).
2.This person extracts skillpoints from himself and loose 10% of the amount he wanted to take out and 90% of it ends up on the skillchip (for ex. evade skill)
3.You buy the evadechip
4.You insert the skills from that evadechip to yours and that chip gets destroyed at the same time.
5.If you want to extract any skill you need to get hold of an new empty skill implant(esi).

edit: now when I read it again.. maybe you already got the hang of it.. :)

Back