Summer Strongbox drop

Truth is they saw me selling my stuff and thought: nooo please stay,PLEASE ,here take summerboxes gogo

But i made way to much marktup in order to care about meaningless steongboxes...

Next time mindark just drop me two to three twen unity items right into my pocket please

Truth is they saw me selling my stuff and thought: nooo please stay,PLEASE ,here take summerboxes gogo

But i made way to much marktup in order to care about meaningless steongboxes...

Next time mindark just drop me two to three twen unity items right into my pocket please
The gun that looted 3 unity is up for sale. I heard sb is 700k. U too could go godmode with augmented m91 t9.38. Unique and highest dps ranged weapon in the game

Also big knife in the gut to players like me who saved looted summer strongboxes for years to save and sell slowly, so thanks for that!
Keep 5 players happy to sell very expensive boxes very few people will open VS make all hunters happy and greatly increase the number of boxes opened, hmmmmm very hard decision to make....

Keep 5 players happy to sell very expensive boxes very few people will open VS make all hunters happy and greatly increase the number of boxes opened, hmmmmm very hard decision to make....
It's about player trust. Sticking to one's word. Not changing it in midnight without prior notice out of the blue. I wonder if you'd react the same if they started dropping good TWEN weapons every day until end of twen, oversupplying the market of good items even further, good luck selling a good weapon for pure ped then, as I'm sure you're already experiencing difficulties with it.

Since Summer Mayhem is gone, and that was the reason the summer strongboxes were phased out, why couldn't they've just done "Migration strongboxes" instead of sticking with same Summer Strongboxes? It would've been so easy for them to do that.
At the very least they should update these Summer Strongboxes to drop Summer Ring 2023 with new stats.
Btw there's already 173 summer ring 2020 out there. Migration gonna last for like 60 days more. Can you imagine how many more more Summer Ring 2020 there'll be by then, if they don't add Summer Ring 2023?

At the very least they should update these Summer Strongboxes to drop Summer Ring 2023 with new stats.
Btw there's already 173 summer ring 2020 out there. Migration gonna last for like 60 days more. Can you imagine how many more more Summer Ring 2020 there'll be by then, if they don't add Summer Ring 2023?

Agree. It sounds like it will be very unbalanced to keep the 2020 ring to drop with the amount/rate of boxes that are being looted. Would be good to see new rings.

It's about player trust. Sticking to one's word. Not changing it in midnight without prior notice out of the blue. I wonder if you'd react the same if they started dropping good TWEN weapons every day until end of twen, oversupplying the market of good items even further, good luck selling a good weapon for pure ped then, as I'm sure you're already experiencing difficulties with it.

Since Summer Mayhem is gone, and that was the reason the summer strongboxes were phased out, why couldn't they've just done "Migration strongboxes" instead of sticking with same Summer Strongboxes? It would've been so easy for them to do that.
Hit the nail on the head. Anyone with a brain can see this.

Have a friend who sold his entire stack, at my advice, a couple days ago. He had about 350 or so left in storage. Would have never thought they would have started dropping them again but I can only imagine the person who paid 20p each is thinking... is it a risk? Sure. But why? They trusted Mindark to not drop them again. So do something new. Stop rehashing the old and innovate.

This is one of the reasons i treat entropia as the game it is and not as an investment opportunity - not at the "item" level anyhow.

Instead of being salty because your profits were cut down a little from sellign what you have, you could be happy you're gonna loot more markup. People might increase their trust if MA has the balls of reverting a decision that is proven bad for players and for them.
While I like the idea of migration 2023 ring, it's still summer and rings don't necessarily have to be tied to Mayhems.... Migra is an important event in eu and happens during summer, can stay summer boxes and ring can change every year too. I think it was a great move. Good job MA!

Very well said. Twens already flying of the shelfs in insane speeds.....

Why just bashing?
It is for sure not a bug, last migration they were not dropping...
Summer boxes are apart the spike at least a couple of ped each as a baseline, have a 20...25k ring chance that is a leech meta companion to xmas 22.
this is pure MU being the boxes 0 tt
the real question should be
why did them not drop before? LT has very bad HP/Level ratio and boxes are a nice loot component
i do love that MA despite their own statemetn realized that boxes are needed to grind LT
at this point of course being me fan of loot event number the grindfest should be at Chug......
320 HP .. 0.90 to 1.10 ped kill cost average TT loss 4..5 pec... 1 box looted goes a long way....
"LT has very bad HP/Level ratio"

Could you tell us about the dynamics and effect of HP/Level ratio?

Is it because certain MU items drop only/more at higher levels and cost-to-kill is an important factor to have more chance? Any statistics or data examples?

Last edited:
Hit the nail on the head. Anyone with a brain can see this.

Have a friend who sold his entire stack, at my advice, a couple days ago. He had about 350 or so left in storage. Would have never thought they would have started dropping them again but I can only imagine the person who paid 20p each is thinking... is it a risk? Sure. But why? They trusted Mindark to not drop them again. So do something new. Stop rehashing the old and innovate.
I decided to trust MA, so was very patient and saved all my looted Summer strongboxes, expecting price to go up which it did. Just when I was beginning to start to sell them they do this. If I had been able to sell them all now at 20 ped each (all of them) I would have gained 36k ped, and all my patience would've been rewarded. I reckon I was probably one of the few who had over close to 2k summer strongboxes left.

To every player who bought them after all this time, MA screwed them. They screwed the players who put their trust in them.
Just for a bigger summer bonus salary payment I guess, they decide to ruin player trust by doing it this way.

In any other MMORPG, we'd be getting compensation for this, and not to mention they wouldn't re-add the same item out of the blue, without prior notice, and especially not again after so long without changing it first.

So yeah, DO something NEW instead. So I reiterate, update at the very least summer strongboxes to contain Summer Ring 2023 with new stats. While this would be technically something new, it's the laziest way to do something new. There's so much potential new stuff they can add to migration strongboxes, that doesn't have to be a ring.

Imo retaining player trust is a lot more important than temporary revenue boost for any game company, if they are smart.

Instead of being salty because your profits were cut down a little from sellign what you have, you could be happy you're gonna loot more markup. People might increase their trust if MA has the balls of reverting a decision that is proven bad for players and for them.
While I like the idea of migration 2023 ring, it's still summer and rings don't necessarily have to be tied to Mayhems.... Migra is an important event in eu and happens during summer, can stay summer boxes and ring can change every year too. I think it was a great move. Good job MA!
More markup? Boxes gonna be at most 80 pec each. That puts my boxes I had in my stack at 1600 peds instead of 36k ped @ 20 peds each. For 2k boxes I'd now need 45k boxes to get the same payout.
With how long migration last, and the fact there are so much macro use and high dps weapons out there. Makes these boxes worthless to anyone who is not a whale and can push out 20k+ boxes per migration. Not everyone can have mod nano's and the bankroll to support it and have over 100 looter to make up for miniscule "markup".
If they had any balls they would've not made the change around 21:00 MA time yesterday without notifying their player base in advance.

Migration boxes could be something new and potentially exciting, not just another ring, and most importantly wouldn't screw other players who put their trust in them.

Last edited:
I decided to trust MA, so was very patient and saved all my looted Summer strongboxes, expecting price to go up which it did. Just when I was beginning to start to sell them they do this. If I had been able to sell them all now at 20 ped each (all of them) I would have gained 36k ped, and all my patience would've been rewarded. I reckon I was probably one of the few who had over close to 2k summer strongboxes left.

To every player who bought them after all this time, MA screwed them. They screwed the players who put their trust in them.
Just for a bigger summer bonus salary payment I guess, they decide to ruin player trust by doing it this way.

In any other MMORPG, we'd be getting compensation for this, and not to mention they wouldn't re-add the same item out of the blue, without prior notice, and especially not again after so long without changing it first.

So yeah, DO something NEW instead. So I reiterate, update at the very least summer strongboxes to contain Summer Ring 2023 with new stats. While this would be technically something new, it's the laziest way to do something new. There's so much potential new stuff they can add to migration strongboxes, that doesn't have to be a ring.

Imo retaining player trust is a lot more important than temporary revenue boost for any game company, if they are smart.

Do we know the drop rate of the boxes? Maybe a low drop rate keeps them unique enough?

Why would you ever trust MA though? :laugh: :popcorn:
This is a very good question i asked myself about a month ago. One of the factors why i have reduced my investments in this "project" by close to 15k $.

I've spoken to the team, and been told the Summer Strongbox drops are intended.

Website and announcement should be updated soon to reflect this as well, probably at the start of next week.
Didn't you (Mindark) state a year or two ago that Summer boxes will never drop again?
Come up with something new

Instead of rings add backpacks, clothes or accessories with proper stats

Before the 2Heads start bashing - I had 60 summer boxes left

They are public now. This is usually not the case for public companies.
Right, I guess it explains a lot. But longterm trust should have more value than short term revenue boost, unless they are really desperate, which could explain the sudden change.

I decided to trust MA, so was very patient and saved all my looted Summer strongboxes, expecting price to go up which it did. Just when I was beginning to start to sell them they do this. If I had been able to sell them all now at 20 ped each
this is speculation
you cornered the market and as market goes against you it is a bad event.

this is why FEAR and GREED drive the markets... fear to loose greed to gain

yo had greed but were not so wise to feel fear that something could go wrong
i worked as a professional trader for 24 years... at some point need to take profit.

i dont really care if you ahve gained or lost, but for the game this is a good new. more boxes, lesser cost to kill for average joe, more money for keys, more activity.
sometimes you win, sometiems you loose.. take the loss (or the lesser profit) with honor and go on man, time is not rolling back anyway

and this should teach also to other material hoarders that a click on MA computer can make pyrite more common thatn zorn star if the hunters start to use less enhancers.,,,

If mindark wanted to give mu to players and stay true to their word in which players put trust and money tthe easiest way forward would have been to drop migration boxes instead of summer boxes and have a new ring/item in them.
It is extremely unsettling when a public statement is made in an RCE and then the opposite is done.
And no i didnt have any summer boxes but im very much still waiting on space cargo missions which where a similar back stab...

"LT has very bad HP/Level ratio"
Could you tell us about the dynamics and effect of HP/Level ratio?
1. the lower HP comapred to the level, the faster Skill green lines tick
2. the lower hp the more loot event for ped amount are triggered.
LT cost 1 ped per kill and itis high for l4 monsters, a L8 argonaut cost 84 pec so there are less loot event less chance for a good multi triggered or to explore all teh loot occurrencies
Is it because certain MU items drop only/more at higher levels and cost-to-kill is an important factor to have more chance? Any statistics or data examples?
in mayhem boxes are statistically every N ped shot. so there was not a big difference but here i dont think are ped based but random loot based (or so i perceived in 2021, maybe it is a deceptive sensation)

Last edited:
If mindark wanted to give mu to players and stay true to their word in which players put trust and money tthe easiest way forward would have been to drop migration boxes instead of summer boxes and have a new ring/item in them.
It is extremely unsettling when a public statement is made in an RCE and then the opposite is done.
And no i didnt have any summer boxes but im very much still waiting on space cargo missions which where a similar back stab...
I'm glad there is some of us who understand and are willing to post about what the issue with this change actually lies, it's not because I'm just being "salty" that I won't be able to recover my potential lost peds from selling my remaining stack of summer strongboxes. It's about Mindark, destroying player trust, and not staying true to their own words. If we can't trust them at their word, there's way less chance people gonna be willing to invest their time and money.

I'm glad there is some of us who understand and are willing to post about what the issue with this change actually lies, it's not because I'm just being "salty" that I won't be able to recover my potential lost peds from selling my remaining stack of summer strongboxes. It's about Mindark, destroying player trust, and not staying true to their own words. If we can't trust them at their word, there's way less chance people gonna be willing to invest their time and money.
I have been scanning trough the statements, none of them says that there will never be summer boxes again. If you find, please enlighten us with the link, thank you.

I have been scanning trough the statements, none of them says that there will never be summer boxes again. If you find, please enlighten us with the link, thank you.

I had a feeling this would be asked, so I added the quote from the statement on my signature. In case they decide to edit that thread again, removing that part of the statement, claiming it never happened.

Back