Summer Strongbox drop

I'm glad there is some of us who understand and are willing to post about what the issue with this change actually lies, it's not because I'm just being "salty" that I won't be able to recover my potential lost peds from selling my remaining stack of summer strongboxes. It's about Mindark, destroying player trust, and not staying true to their own words. If we can't trust them at their word, there's way less chance people gonna be willing to invest their time and money.
It is grotesquely dismissive to boil down/over-simplify your sentiment to just being "salty".

I work in supply chain and in my experience phased out materials almost always has to be "phased in" again temporarily due to returns from customers / balance disrepancies in warehouses. Maybe Eomons realized that they had a few extra pallets of summer boxes over in an external storage space and try to push them out to market again before expiration date?

to phase out.....i am not english native. to me it is Gradually disappear.....
when you read the deceptive statements of MA remember always the lamp Genius, he alters the expected meaning and gives a different response.

i recall a story of a man entering with a gigantic rooster in a pub because he asked the Genius to have a very big c0ck

GRADUALLY DISAPPEAR ... Phade out... can mean 10 years or 10 days... you gave a meaning,. they gave another....

like eff and looter impact... "MAX 7%" of MA became "7% linearly interpolated" to players.....

I work in supply chain and in my experience phased out materials almost always has to be "phased in" again temporarily due to returns from customers / balance disrepancies in warehouses. Maybe Eomons realized that they had a few extra pallets of summer boxes over in an external storage space and try to push them out to market again before expiration date?
Oh here we go , it's Pick your fallacy time :

1. Straw man fallacy: This fallacy involves misrepresenting someone's argument or position and then attacking the misrepresented version rather than addressing the actual argument. It distorts the truth by mischaracterizing the opponent's viewpoint.
  2. False dilemma fallacy: This fallacy presents a situation as if there are only two options or possibilities when, in reality, there may be more. It distorts the truth by oversimplifying and limiting the available choices.
  3. Ad hominem fallacy: This fallacy involves attacking the person making an argument instead of addressing the argument itself. It distorts the truth by focusing on personal characteristics or traits rather than the validity of the argument.
  4. Cherry-picking fallacy: This fallacy involves selectively presenting evidence that supports a particular viewpoint while ignoring or suppressing evidence that contradicts it. It distorts the truth by presenting a biased and incomplete picture of the available information.

Do we know the drop rate of the boxes? Maybe a low drop rate keeps them unique enough?
The boxes are dropping like crazy. More than other mayhems? I think so... but, that is for now. I think that the lack of summer strongboxes because they havn't dropped in years could be a reason why we are seeing so many drops, once a certain amount has dropped we might see lower drop rates...

Only time will tell :)

Reactions: Arm
it would have been nice if they had announced a ring or something before releasing the boxes, i wonder what other things they "
phased in or out" from the game without notice

index.php

I think that the strongboxes are back is great, I love that you added them to loot again. I have missed them a lot, and I am sure other people have missed them as well. Well, apart from some people. Rip MU.

But I am a bit... confused?

The picture above is on the website for the 2023 Eomon Migration

What changed from the start of the migration until now?

We have been fed with the information that the summer strongboxes will be phased out and no longer available on several other occasions but all of a sudden they appear in the loot, and without updating any information on any site?

What's going on?

Edit:
Since Summer Mayhem has been discontinued, Summer Strongboxes have also been phased out. Mulmun Mayhem creatures will be made available in the upcoming Mulmun Uprising, in order for colonists to progress the related Codex missions.

My Antonsson, Community Relations Manager

Summer Strongboxes were phased out because Summer Mayhem was discontinued, so... now that the Summer Strongboxes are back, does this also mean............. Please say it does! <3

Last edited:
I've spoken to the team, and been told the Summer Strongbox drops are intended.

Website and announcement should be updated soon to reflect this as well, probably at the start of next week.
Thanks for the reply, but hey.. IMAGINE if you just announced it as it's happening like any other online gaming company does. I just think you all can do better. Cheers

Embarrassing as usual.

Blatantly lying to the player base…but why?

Why lie?

I just don’t know.

Good thing I ain’t as invested as others in anything 😂

Embarrassing as usual.

Blatantly lying to the player base…but why?

Why lie?

I just don’t know.

Good thing I ain’t as invested as others in anything 😂
Why? Mindark saw ppl left calypso for other planets due to migration is boring for most players. Adding summerboxes players will stay and decay to make Mindark cash.
Mindark should sell calypso and only focus on the platform so this biased towards calypso will stop someday.

What changed from the start of the migration until now?

We have been fed with the information that the summer strongboxes will be phased out and no longer available on several other occasions but all of a sudden they appear in the loot, and without updating any information on any site?

What's going on?
It was never meant to drop this migration unless they changed their minds, but making such a change so drastically at aprox 21:00 MA time yesterday without advance notice screams incompetence.

I suppose it could be that temp summer employee pushed the wrong button or AI misunderstood the assignment, if we're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Still wrong to not stop them from dropping now.
The migration is very long, they could take some time to come up with a better solution to restore some player trust, than just saying it was intended while destroying player trust and screwing the affected players.

I reckon instead of admitting their mistake they just claimed it was supposed to happen in the first place. Anyone with a brain can see it was not really "intended" as per the migration 2023 announcement and previous announcements. since why would it be triggered on a friday night at such a time with no prior announcement.

I reckon instead of admitting their mistake they just claimed it was supposed to happen in the first place. Anyone with a brain can see it was not really "intended" as per the migration 2023 announcement and previous announcements. since why would it be triggered on a friday night at such a time with no prior announcement.

If it was a mistake, the boxes would have started to drop the very first minutes at the beginning of migration. I don't think it was.
I doubt that someone, almost 2 weeks into migration, mistakenly changed the code and allowed drops.

Do you want every single player with summer ring 2020? If that's the case good job. I know it's hard to admit incompetence or fault, since MA clearly don't want to do that, at least stop being lazy and at least add Summer ring 2023 instead of Summer ring 2020 to the current Summer strongboxes otherwise you'll oversupply the market and destroy it forever. Migration is too damn long there'll be way too many strongboxes and way too many summer ring 2020's out there (which imo already are).

Also big knife in the gut to players like me who saved looted summer strongboxes for years to save and sell slowly, so thanks for that!
The fair thing to do would be to change all looted summer strongboxes before they started dropping again to Summer Strongbox (2020) and the new ones to Summer Strongbox. So that the old one can still drop Summer Ring 2020 and the new ones Summer Ring 2023.
You guys clearly don't care about keeping your player trust so, I guess I can expect 200+ more Summer Ring 2020 to drop.

Edit: Forgot to check my privilege...
:cry: :cry: :cry:

It's about player trust. Sticking to one's word. Not changing it in midnight without prior notice out of the blue. I wonder if you'd react the same if they started dropping good TWEN weapons every day until end of twen, oversupplying the market of good items even further, good luck selling a good weapon for pure ped then, as I'm sure you're already experiencing difficulties with it.

Since Summer Mayhem is gone, and that was the reason the summer strongboxes were phased out, why couldn't they've just done "Migration strongboxes" instead of sticking with same Summer Strongboxes? It would've been so easy for them to do that.
At the very least they should update these Summer Strongboxes to drop Summer Ring 2023 with new stats.
Btw there's already 173 summer ring 2020 out there. Migration gonna last for like 60 days more. Can you imagine how many more more Summer Ring 2020 there'll be by then, if they don't add Summer Ring 2023?
You gambled on an investment and it didn't work out. Happens all the time in this game.
U bitched about weapon drop rate, then vendors empty, then refill rate. Ffs just enjoy the damn game or let others enjoy it

You gambled on an investment and it didn't work out. Happens all the time in this game.
U bitched about weapon drop rate, then vendors empty, then refill rate. Ffs just enjoy the damn game or let others enjoy it
You miss entirely the point and it's sad. It's not about the outcome, it's the implication. It's not that they did the things you mention per se, it's how they did it and the implications of it, because if they did it appropriately and without copy pasta (which you yourself complain about), then there wouldn't be the flags being raised --- and you know it.

Boiling down the complaints of sub-zero and others to "but muh markup" is just lazy and not listening to the arguments presented.

It's not enjoyable to get screwed over unless you like that sort of thing. Maybe that's your cup of tea and that's fine but it ain't mine. I speak my mind when I feel like it, you don't have to agree with me.
Just because something happens "all the time" doesn't mean one should take it and keep taking it just accepting it and setting it aside off in your mind like you appear to do.
There's people here who never saying anything negative about the game even when they may agree that something is bad, this is one part I can't understand, unless you've given up and think it's pointless to even bother I guess.

well this is stupid
either let them drop from the start or not at all.

but great go fuck the poeple that have been grinding 100k's of ped on the eomons without anything to show for

well this is stupid

but great go fuck the poeple that have been grinding 100k's of ped on the eomons without anything to show for
If someone grinded 100k's of ped on eomon already then they are capable of grinding many more 100k's now that boxes drop

When it says until 2020, it does not exactly mean "only" until 2020. Does it?
For those not around during the time, the implication and communication at the time, including on discord, is that it would stop dropping summer boxes, as noted in other thread, with the removal of summer mayhem. People were obviously not happy then as this is a source of markup in migration between that and ELMs.

The phrase "up to" would indicate 2020 is the limit. It's the literal meaning. In subsequent language, phase out would be the elimination/halting of the boxes, which they did except for the rare blips. They did not remove them completely from inventories.

Not sure why we are playing heavy semantic games in this thread.

The argument though, not that I need to rephrase is, they had a chance to be different, given this history and stay true to their original statements (continuity) but instead opted to copy pasta and not even advance notice it.

If someone grinded 100k's of ped on eomon already then they are capable of grinding many more 100k's now that boxes drop
not if your bankroll went from 60k to less then 10k...

well this is stupid

Even when it was announced to drop it took like 1 week to start dropping

lets just admit it... MA did a "mistake" because for once they wanted to shaft the big reseller instead of the hunters.

I like it. I seen so many tears from big reseller and they taste like pure sea salt. These tears made my cuccumbers slices taste wonderful.

wheres the "nErF HeAlErS" guy

Back