Support Update

thanks and heads to read

Entropia Guides !!!

very nice idea, would be nice to see them taking on more tasks then just guiding the new players. Why not make them Gamemasters?

,Beo

Beginning in the new year we will have a new branch of Support concerned exclusively with welcoming new participants into the Entropia Universe. These 'Entropia Guides' will be stationed at the landing zone in Port Atlantis for the greater part of each day, with the goal of maintaining an around the clock presence as soon as possible. In order for the Entropia Guides to concentrate on new arrivals, the landing zone will be inaccessible for existing participants

I love it + rep for support getting up to speed

same here, + rep for helping newbies get started! :yay:

Still nothing about LG or VU.

13 Dec 2006
Support Update
Dear Entropia Universe Participants, As we move into the Holiday Season and the year draws to a close, we'd like to thank everybody for the year gone by and share a little info about where the Support Dept. are heading in the New Year. At the beginning of 2007 we are looking forward to presenting the Entropia Universe website in four different languages: English, Spanish, French and German. As of December 1st, the Support Dept. has a new member in the team. After the initial introduction period, we will be able to offer support in Spanish. Beginning in the new year we will have a new branch of Support concerned exclusively with welcoming new participants into the Entropia Universe. These 'Entropia Guides' will be stationed at the landing zone in Port Atlantis for the greater part of each day, with the goal of maintaining an around the clock presence as soon as possible. In order for the Entropia Guides to concentrate on new arrivals, the landing zone will be inaccessible for existing participants. The primary task of the Entropia Guides is to assist new arrivals by answering any questions they may have and by helping them to get started. They won't be able to take bug reports. For the time being, seasoned participants will still have to turn to the Support Dept. via the Entropia Universe website (see below for more information about Bug Reporting). Support Survey The promised Support Survey hasn't been forgotten. Technical problems remain which we have been unable to prioritize for the moment. Bug Reporting In order for us to assess how serious a bug/exploit is, it's very important that all participants continue to submit Bug Reports. Some may worry that we don't take reports seriously, but that's not the case. Efficiency demands that we have clear statistics in order to prioritize different issues. All bugs that are reported will be fixed; however we must continually strike a balance between the updating of older systems and the introduction of new content. This is where your bug reports come into the picture. If we only receive one report of a bug, this will for understandable reasons, not receive as high a priority as if thirty or more participants reported a bug. We'd also like to mention that the different forums are great places to discuss and exchange ideas and thoughts with other participants. We have Community Reps that read your posts; however the forum is not the place to report technical problems that should be reported to MindArk PE AB. The Support Dept. focus entirely on the reports we receive through www.entropia-universe.com We also often receive links to screenshots that have been posted on the forum. We would greatly appreciate if you would send these to our mailbox instead: Support_Info@mindark.com. This is to help us to make the most of our time and reduce the response time in general. We look forward to updating again in the New Year and would like to wish all Entropia Universe participants a Happy Holiday Season and a Great New Year. Regards, Cornelia Sundstrom Customer Service Director

More...

Beginning in the new year we will have a new branch of Support concerned exclusively with welcoming new participants into the Entropia Universe. These 'Entropia Guides' will be stationed at the landing zone in Port Atlantis for the greater part of each day, with the goal of maintaining an around the clock presence as soon as possible. In order for the Entropia Guides to concentrate on new arrivals, the landing zone will be inaccessible for existing participants
/quote]

Excellent- very good move :)

very nice to reading :)

I'd have loved an 'official' presence in PA, I was so scared of getting scammed i just ran away from that area when i joined lol

Minus rep Bertha, way to slow :)

I think they woke up the Hamster :yay:

Make sure that the supportpeople will tell the newcomers about the mentorsystem! :wise:
Is it possible you shed a little more information about it? I mean, it sure is great, but Im kind of wondering how much they will interact with the newcomers, and if this will cause that the "professional mentors" is out of a job suddenly.

And also, remember not only show them positive happy sides of EU, but warn them against people who abuse the system (for newcomers especially tt+ scams and failing mentors) so they will avoid it, instead of that they experience it themself and that it discourage them from keep playing..

Another thing, I for sure you hope you put out someone who knows the game, and not someone who you have gotten to play a week and given a manual..?

o_O

Wow thats great I am very impress with that addition ^.^ Thats going to be very great for the new players to have pro persons answer questions before they start out into the world ^.^

This is where your bug reports come into the picture. If we only receive one report of a bug, this will for understandable reasons, not receive as high a priority as if thirty or more participants reported a bug.

Am i the only one who has written a supportcase about bad loot. :(

oooh wait, that isn't a bug i suppost :laugh:

greetings,

bigdeal

Your Omegton Hamster OHv21 is starving, please feed it as soon as possible...

In the chat log that was posted 2 days ago you mentioned a preview of the next VU, when can we expect to see that posted..:)

- rep bertha

frank now has your job it seems

spanish support o_O... Muy Bien! lol

How about portuguese language?

I maybe am wrong but think that that existe a muc much much larger comunite from portugal than spanish...

And dont forget that brasil uses the same language. so its has a potencial to make many diferent..

Just my thouth

VU 8.8 Preview

Just published....

Think I'll let Bertha post it do we don't get double posts. Then again she might not be able to deal with the Links so I hope one of you will be able to do the honors and get the whole piece up on EF.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I don't know what's taking Bertha so long, maybe she's getting here oil changed, but we just posted a lenghty piece from Cornelia in the Support News section that I think you'll all enjoy. Have a nice morning/day/evening everybody.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5377.html

Regards,
Frank

Well I will say it if no one else is... Gratz on your first post frank, and welcome ;)

I think the guides for noobs is an excellent idea! I was totally lost when i first started (didnt know this forum even existed).

Will the guides be allowed to point them in the direction of the forums? As obviously they can hand hold the noob through their entire first week, but we can :)

(new malls look very exciting too!)

So, your telling me you will pay someone around the clock just to see newcomers arrive? Why not just make an interactive tutorial which helps newcomers with sweating, trading, moving, and other features? You will be paying these guides 30,000$ a year or something when you could save that money by programming a tutorial. I can already imagine one question that will be asked over and over: How do i make money?

Either way, good news and nice looking VU :).

Thanks for the information!

So, your telling me you will pay someone around the clock just to see newcomers arrive?

Thanks for the information!

Should't it be us players getting paid for that job, i'm sure most of us is alot more qualified for this task, considering all of us that has been mentors to new players.....

Instead of hiring a guy for the job, what about letting us get some better mentor gifts?

Make them L for all i care, just stop with the damn alpha ME's

Last edited:
:scratch: Phase 1 of getting rid of the mentor system? :dunno:

Thanks for the help Alice and all you others but...:wave:

Was really lost my first day. I think it's a great idea to have a rep to point you in the right direction.

I think its a great idea to have these guides, although as has been said, a tutorial might be also a good idea.

Cant remember the last time I saw Mindark Assistant 08 in game.

Good luck with it.

Should that be us players getting payd for that job, i'm sure most of is alot more qualified for this task, consider all of us that has been mentors to new players.....

Totally agreed and i just think putting an MA official in the game just to answer questions is a waste of resources. I can just imagine the same questions being asked over and over... a tutorial might just solve that problem.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea because i was a little lost when i first joined to, but paying a guy a full salary for that... :rolleyes:

Good Idea. Has MA thought about an official presence in major cities of trade, as a scare tactic for scammers? maybe at least walking around in PA where the majority are newer players that are vulnerable to scams.

Anyway I like the idea of new people being privately welcomed by MA, much more personable.

Great news, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for Romanian support options :D

I personally think that linking screenshots is a better way to deliver content than starting email application/site, creating new mail, entering email adress, subject, some text, then attach the files, make sure it sends... and then how would the support case and email link? You say in the support case that you will send mail, or you send mail then tell them what you sent in the support case...

Back