Survey for ALL EU not just select few! HAVE YOUR SAY!

Where are the statistics for the answers given so far?

Only I can see them, I'll share with the community once the survey is closed so nobody is influenced by partial results.

It's a little disconcerting that MA/Calypso would only send these surveys out to people who have stopped playing or slowed playing considerably. It implies they only care if you stop spending, not about the people who continue to play through all the bugs and bad loot and support the game. Some of these people may soon be on the survey list if they don't start listening.

ahh. i did get a survey, cant say i play alot more atm,but still online... but i can say 4 shure, i didt deposit 4 a very long time.. and not going to before i can see some change in the loot..
guess they did see the missing money from me :laugh:

Last edited:
One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for avatar progression.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Niether Agree or Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was inferior customer support.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was lack of direction and purpose.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that I felt the game was missing important systems or features.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that the loot returns were poor.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that I received too many 'This creature didn't carry any loot' / 'No resources found' messages.
Strongly Agree Ditto: This does not mean I want more useless blazars or novas or things like that in loot!
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that there was not enough interesting content (e.g. storylines, events, missions, etc.)
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that I was unhappy about the introduction of limited (L) items.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was the seriously reduced rate in which you could loot an Unlimited uber item like DOA, Angel or Mod Fap.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for social interaction with other players.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that the taming system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that the beacon system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

The quality of graphics is an important consideration for me when choosing which games to play.
Strongly Agree
Agree Niether Agree or Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I played Entropia Universe for less than three months before deciding to quit.
(please state fill in box below how long you played or have been playing)

Yes
No
Still playing
[7 years last 3 years very low to zero activity]

I played Entropia Universe for one year or more before deciding to quit.
(please state fill in box below how long you played or have been playing)

Yes
No
Still playing
[7 years last 3 years very low to zero activity]

Better overall loot returns would encourage me to start/continue playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

Improved customer service would encourage me to start/continue playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

Improved gameplay systems would encourage me to start/continue playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

Enhanced opportunities for avatar progression would encourage me to start/continue playing Entropia Universe again.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

Bump:wtg:

Don't complain if you don't vote:D

bump the end is near

What a terrible survey. "Disagree" and "Happy the way it is" have the same meaning when the question is stated in the negative.

What a terrible survey. "Disagree" and "Happy the way it is" have the same meaning when the question is stated in the negative.

You are such a troll! If you can't do anything better don't put down people who are trying to involve the community. BTW not all the questions have the same meaning for "Disagree" and "Happy the way it is".

Great Survey guys!!! Well done! Gz

Well I've done what I can, but why didn't my servey show up in thread?

ti evol ekaC

He is correct though. The survey was very poorly worded, which could affect the results. And I don't mean Angel 02 Mercer's changes, as they were an improvement to the original survey.

Last edited:
He is correct though. The survey was very poorly worded, which could affect the results. And I don't mean Angel 02 Mercer's changes, as they were an improvement to the original survey.

Not a perfect survey for sure, and didn't even know had been reworded to be honest. Just did the survey on the link from O2 Mercer.

Re-reading what i posted does sound harsh, i'll delete last post was a rather shitty day RL. Yes the original in the OP was kinda not well worded also.

Apologies and +rep for Magix

Ok so the survey is closed. I'll post here the raw results as soon as I can export them (I'm not home).

164 responders from a total of 278 unique visitors. Only 58% of the people that visited the survey actually completed it.

I expected a lot more players to complete it, maybe part of the problem is that "we" (players) don't care enough.

Cheers

Didnt take the survey, as it was geared towards people who havnt played EU in some time, or drastically cut back expenditures. I'm neither.

Will wait for MA to ask me the questions that actually apply to me, as a current player who enjoys the game while simultaneously wishing to improve it.

There you go, I did my best to give the results as clean as possible (but I suck at it...sorry).

http://www.mediafire.com/?bpt5dp3a62cetfv

Open it with Microsoft Excel. I'll let the survey experts analyze all the data.

Have fun.

Personally I'd weight the response by the following scale

Strongly Disagree = -2
Disagree = -1
Neither Agree or Disagree / Happy the way it is = 0
Agree = 1
Strongly Agree = 2

multiplying the number of responders to each selection and then add up the totals for each choice per question.

The more positive the result tends toward group agreement with the question.
The more negative result tends toward group disagreement with the question.
The closer to zero the group is content or has no opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks, interesting results.

Was surprised at the results of the last q.

Gothenburg April 18, 2012

Fellow Entropian,

In March, we mailed a survey to all Entropia Universe participants who had made at least one deposit and had last logged in between January 1, 2010 and May 31, 2011. We were very impressed with the response rate of this mailing--10.9% of all recipients contacted chose to complete the survey!

Main survey results

The purpose of the survey is to rank the main reasons why participants become inactive. The three main reasons we discovered from the survey results were:

Poor loot returns: A total of 86 % of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Poor loot returns" was an important reason for their inactivity.
Too many no looters: A total of 71 % of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Too many no loot messages" was an important reason for their inactivity.
Lack of direction or purpose: A total of 59 % of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Lack of direction or purpose" was an important reason for their inactivity.
Other reasons to become inactive: "Strongly agree" or "Agree"

4. No interesting content (story, missions); 57 %
5. Not enough avatar progression; 52 %
6. Game missing important systems; 44 %
7. Introduction of limited items; 37 %
8. Not enough social interaction; 17 %
9. Beacon system removed; 21 %
10. Taming system removed; 17 %
All of the reasons listed above are both concerns for MindArk, as well as improvement opportunities. We have already started to work hard on the three top reasons, and will soon start projects that will address most of the other points, too.

You will receive progress reports as we achieve results. Here is the first one.

Progress report no 1: "No more no looters"

Clearly, one main reason players become inactive is the many "This creature didnt carry any loot" messages. This is also the easiest one for us to remedy of the three main reasons, so this is where we begin:

The design team has now adopted a goal of "no more no looters". Effective from April, looted creatures in Entropia Universe will give only a very small number of no loot messages compared to before.

Kind regards,

Jan Welter Timkrans
Humble Creator of Entropia Universe

P.S: Beacons are back with new graphics, new robots, new loot.

I just received this in an email in regards to the survey I was asked to do a while back and to be honest, the results are in line of what I see as the problem with EU. So I'm happy the other people that answered this thought the same as me.

Whether MA do anything further than creating this survey is another question. Apologises if this has been put up anywhere else.

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for avatar progression.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Neither Agree or Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

(however see last question)

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was inferior customer support.
Strongly Agree Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was lack of direction and purpose.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that I felt the game was missing important systems or features.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that the loot returns were poor.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

The 90% return might be true for some, but (be it by design or by errors) isn't the case for all avatars, nor is chances for items, etc.

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that I received too many 'This creature didn't carry any loot' / 'No resources found' messages.
Strongly Agree
Agree Neither Agree or Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that there was not enough interesting content (e.g. storylines, events, missions, etc.)
Strongly Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that I was unhappy about the introduction of limited (L) items.
Strongly Agree Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was the seriously reduced rate in which you could loot an Unlimited uber item like DOA, Angel or Mod Fap.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that there were not enough opportunities for social interaction with other players.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
Happy the way it is

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that the taming system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

One of the main reasons I decided to stop playing or cut my depositing to Entropia Universe was that the beacon system was removed.
Strongly Agree
Agree
Nether Agree or Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

The quality of graphics is an important consideration for me when choosing which games to play.
Strongly Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I have been in game since 2006, I wont be leaving, just prefer to spend less peds in game due to issues above and the fact that this game still has way to many bugs in estates and shops .

I'll compare MAs results with the ones we got:

1. Poor loot returns: A total of 86% of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Poor loot returns" was an important reason for their inactivity.
This was our question Nr.5: 89.50% voted "Strongly Agree" or "Agree", pretty close huh? And on our survey 65.43% voted "Strongly Agree".

2. Too many no looters: A total of 71% of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Too many no loot messages" was an important reason for their inactivity.
This was our question Nr.6: 58.64% voted "Strongly Agree" or "Agree", a bit off.

3. Lack of direction or purpose: A total of 59% of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Lack of direction or purpose" was an important reason for their inactivity.
This was our question Nr.3: 41.98% voted "Strongly Agree" or "Agree", this one was off too.

4. No interesting content (story, missions): MA got 57%, we got 40.74% (Q7).
5. Not enough avatar progression: MA got 52%, we got 42.68% (Q1).
6. Game missing important systems: MA got 44%, we got 42.59% (Q4).
7. Introduction of limited items: MA got 37%, we got 63.58% (Q8). <- What the f...?
8. Not enough social interaction: MA got 17%, we got 11.11% (Q10).
9. Beacon system removed: MA got 21%, we got 17.90% (Q12).
10. Taming system removed: MA got 17%, we got 17.90% (Q11).

Interesting stuff on point nr.7, comments?

7. Introduction of limited items: MA got 37%, we got 63.58% (Q8). <- What the f...?

Interesting stuff on point nr.7, comments?

On point number 7 I think the introduction of Limited Items was a lazy idea and a quick fix for the needs of crafters.

Personally I find limited weapons inconvenient and a hamper on the enjoyment of the game for several well known reasons. They have their upsides being they come with SIB but MA could have also introduced them to new crafted weapons or introduced enhancers/weapon addons that did the same aswell.

A better idea to sort out the crafting/manufacturing situation would be to rather than the lazy idea of limited weapons. Introduce vital components for a weapon to function that can only be made by crafters and can be have varying higher levels of that same component. That creates a need for them and allow's everybody to do away with this half-baked Limited weapons idea.

Develop more scientific crafting professions that like collecting monster DNA to create new monsters they should allow crafters to create and develop new weapons. Then you create a new industry of weapon companies coming into place developing their own range of weapons.

There's so many other directions they could have taken that allow's the player to have a better gaming experience and to create an interesting economy and need for crafters. Unfortunately we have limited weapons instead.

Imagine if we had we I just mentioned, that would be FAR more inline with the whole sci-fi universe idea and us being colonists populating a new world ravaged by a robot war. Rather than a ridiculous idea that weapons crafted by people ON THIS PLANET, cannot be repaired even though the people who made them are still around :/

Apparently the repair terminals are very selective as to what they can repair. One of my major gripes is MA does not have a standard approach to Entropia Universe in ANYTHING, it's all a giant mish-mash of violently different ideas. The whole planetary theme and immersion is ruined with things like having Rocktropia, Ancient Greece and other ridiculous things that no business in this universe. The message from that I received and the general development strategy is for MA to profit now and handle quality checking tommorow. This universe needs to have one strategy and one vision, that's the issue. It had that years back, but it's been lost a short while after the Crystal Palace Space Station.

Here is a link to a thread I started where Bjorn from MA said and I quote:

Then I asked the community in this thread if they had been given the chance to take part in this so called survey. In 24h it was quite clear from the small section who replied to my poll that only 2 people (active on this forum) had replied from the 113 replies.

During my poll 1 of the people who did get asked to take part in the survey posted the link and details of the survey, after clicking this link to survey it was apparent that the survey was no longer availible, looking at the details it was originally set up on 12th March 2012 and apon clicking the link on 20th March 2012 it would appear that people never got much time in order to reply either, hardly a proper survey if only directed at a select few and only giving 7-8 days to reply. A survey is to gather as much info as possible to help gain a fair assesment, not only allow a few to reply so you can bend the results to best suit you!

So now I put to you my fellow Entropians your chance to answer this survey, i've altered it so both active and non active can answer but done my best to allow the question to remain the same.

Here is a online Version of the Survey thanks to Angel O2 Mercer +rep

https://www.rationalsurvey.com/studyPeriods/collect/stdy_perd_id/3109/page/1

P.s. The Survey will last 1 month or until 1000 ppl have completed it.

I think this is slightly undue criticism of MA. It's simply wrong that the purpose of a survey is to gain as much info as possible.

Generally, and in this case, the purpose of a survey is to gather info about a large representative sample of a population, so that you can draw conclusions about the entire population.

They key here is representative. Advertising the survey on a particular forum is a sure fire way to lose representativeness. Biases within the forum population might be: age, gameplay style, dedication to the game etc. Furtheremore the particular people who respond to a forum survey might not even be representative of the forum population. i.e. survey responders might be the particularly angry ones that want to tell MA how it is etc.

That's not to say that MAs survey was perfect, but I don't think you are doing any favours for them here.

Accept that through some channels you are simply not going to be able to get your word out.

"Progress report no 1: "No more no looters"

Clearly, one main reason players become inactive is the many "This creature didnt carry any loot" messages. This is also the easiest one for us to remedy of the three main reasons, so this is where we begin:

The design team has now adopted a goal of "no more no looters". Effective from April, looted creatures in Entropia Universe will give only a very small number of no loot messages compared to before."

LOL. This is awesome. CLEARLY people are super concerned about getting the occational no-loot. I for one don´t care about my average returns, as long as I don´t have to see the dreaded no-loot text. GRRRR! Good thing you did that survey so you could get to the root of the problem and fix whats important.
WTG Tim-Tim + thank god for blazar! :dunce:

Last edited:
Oh no! no more no looters....................Last time they said that novas and blazars where introduced. Now I wonder why they didnt do something about #1 instead, too bad loot :) Greed? Economy? Maybe both?

As many have said before instead of taking the so called 90% return people talk about. If they take 8% instead of 10% it will effect there pocket books in the short term, but long term they will get more. I would think down to 5% and they would have a thriving game will a much larger player base.

Back