Syntropia

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
I know this is kind a double post, but I think the Syntropia story that have started in the latest Über mag is so great that you who like SF stories in the Entropia world really should check it out.

Small draft:

It’s that same damn dream again; her shadowed face stares out at me. Large, wide black eyes and full, sensuous lips; someone known to me, but her name is long forgotten. She’s someone from before my re-spawn I think, but from where exactly and when I do not know.

Gene regeneration, or “re-spawn” they call it, wipes everything clean, your thoughts, your memories anything you’ve ever learned, all gone. If you ask anyone “official” they show you a copy of a contract signed by your “former” self. Upon your demise your genetic code is used to spawn another person, another “you”, but it’s not you at all, it doesn’t look like you or think like you and it doesn’t remember anything from before, it’s not supposed to remember anything; at least that’s the official line.

She looks out at me and smiles a familiar, warm smile. She’s a young beautiful woman, younger than me I think. Is she a family member, a loved one, a lover, or a former friend, I can’t remember who she is, I can’t remember her name. Behind her I look .......

More in the magazine.

Hey thanks sounds good I didn't know about this mag - gone to fetch it now

Hope u enjoy the story in the end.

Interesting extract Nirfu...I think your story contains aspects of your Anima seeking expression through your writing :)

'Shadowed face' reminded me of the term 'shadow' self, those aspects of identity that reside in our transpersonal unconscious, which includes the anima or female aspect of the male psyche.

And the 'same damn dream again' ... repetitive dreams tend to occur when our unconscious is trying to tell us something important.

'Someone known to me' and 'familiar, warm smile'...your female aspect is hidden to you but nonetheless exerts sufficient psychic energy to trigger these vague feelings of recognition.

Of course if you're really female in real life then this is where my theory falls to the ground <lol> but please humour my indulgence in this and I look forward to reading and psychoanalyzing the rest of your story ;)

It’s that same damn dream again; her shadowed face stares out at me. Large, wide black eyes and full, sensuous lips; someone known to me, but her name is long forgotten. She’s someone from before my re-spawn I think, but from where exactly and when I do not know.

Gene regeneration, or “re-spawn” they call it, wipes everything clean, your thoughts, your memories anything you’ve ever learned, all gone. If you ask anyone “official” they show you a copy of a contract signed by your “former” self. Upon your demise your genetic code is used to spawn another person, another “you”, but it’s not you at all, it doesn’t look like you or think like you and it doesn’t remember anything from before, it’s not supposed to remember anything; at least that’s the official line.

She looks out at me and smiles a familiar, warm smile. She’s a young beautiful woman, younger than me I think. Is she a family member, a loved one, a lover, or a former friend, I can’t remember who she is, I can’t remember her name. Behind her I look .......

More in the magazine.

Interesting extract Nirfu...I think your story contains aspects of your Anima seeking expression through your writing :)

'Shadowed face' reminded me of the term 'shadow' self, those aspects of identity....

So how did the psycoanylis go? Now you would know that the writer is not me, but it would be great to get your thoughts.:scratch2:

So how did the psycoanylis go? Now you would know that the writer is not me, but it would be great to get your thoughts.:scratch2:

lol!

Nirfu thanks for the reply I've printed all three mags and currently am in the middle of the second one having found the quality and interesting-ness of the writing in the first one to be excellent. So congrats to you and your writers! :yay:

The burning question though... will there be any more ubermag or has it gone the way of most. The reason I ask is not just cause I want to read more of your or your writers' work but cause I've recently had some involvement in the Calypso Post. I'm aware its hard for mags to keep going as invariably one person ends up doing most of the hard work so I was going to say if uber has indeed gone west maybe you or your writers would consider getting involved in TCP? I'm very keen to see that, yours or whatever magazines are currently about keep going but in the face of one falling flat I'd rather see the contrubutors all team together and produce one mag than none at all. If these mags had many regular contributors they are bound to be better, attract more readers and indeed more writers. I guess its a vague dream of mine really to creat the mag that "The Entropian" never made it to becomming. ie a self sustaining publication where the question is not "where do we get the articles from?" rather "which articles from those we have shall we actually publish?" :D

edit: oops just realised issue 3 was actually pretty recent! haha ok well I guess everyone is still going strong which is great but I'll still say I wish we could all team up. Would be great! ;)

Last edited:
lol!

The burning question though... will there be any more ubermag or has it gone the way of most. The reason I ask is not just cause I want to read more of your or your writers' work but cause I've recently had some involvement in the Calypso Post. I'm aware its hard for mags to keep going as invariably one person ends up doing most of the hard work so I was going to say if uber has.........

edit: oops just realised issue 3 was actually pretty recent! haha ok well I guess everyone is still going strong which is great but I'll still say I wish we could all team up. Would be great! ;)

I'm working hard in the No4 and my intention is to keep publishing for a long while. But you never know and it's a hard work. I really try to get more people to write for the mag but it's hard I have only enrolled a few people. Maybe that because of the "Freebee" mentality everyone has today. - "Everything should be for free but I will not contribute my self"

I like the Calypso Post but I think we have a different aproach to things. And I don't see why there can't be 2 or more magazines. I know there is a German one that also is translated to English, they had planned to publish in April, but it's not published yet???? Check www.entropia-forum.de

I don't see why not either. TCP4 should be coming tonight (or so I am told) but I am looking forward to both. I really enjoyed UB3 it was great. I aggree the two mags seem a bit different right now (oh I did vaguely remember something about the german one... got a feeling TCI merged with them through lack of contributions?) but they arn't a milllion miles appart. There's nothing like a good bit of friendly competition from all the media outlets (forums blogs mags etc) to keep quality up and of course the more mags there are regularly coming out the better it is for the readers. :yay:

So right!

I'm starting to feel like we have hijacked my thread :)

So right!

I'm starting to feel like we have hijacked my thread :)

Good Point!

READ THE NEXT PART OF SYNTROPIA IN UBER MAG 4 COMING SOON TO AN INTERNET NEAR YOU !!! :yay:

(better :silly2:)

Back