Thanks for the first reasonable balancing changes MA

Uniqu3

Old Alpha
Society
Art of War
Finally MA actually did some balancing, to fix the items that make all other items in that class redundant (One example being the demonic extractor). General balancing across planets after they seemed to give unrestricted design access to PPs. To all the ppl crying that they lost their edge, adapt and survive, some of us have been doing that almost a decade.

Absolutely... And I was a Demoniac driller :)

agreed on that!

But... the whole rebalance is wellcome imho.

I would feel less scared to invest in a weapon if the PP Calypso included cannot drop stuff better than existing with sensible frequency.

In other words rebalance helps to hold the value of items if properly done

But... the whole rebalance is wellcome imho.

I would feel less scared to invest in a weapon if the PP Calypso included cannot drop stuff better than existing with sensible frequency.

In other words rebalance helps to hold the value of items if properly done

but they wouldnt need to rebalance if they just did their job the way it should be done the first time, and if they notice a mistake, correct it straight away and not weeks/months/years after the fact.

but they wouldnt need to rebalance if they just did their job the way it should be done the first time, and if they notice a mistake, correct it straight away and not weeks/months/years after the fact.

HEY!!!!!!!!!! Don't blame MA! It takes years to count the billions of currency from deposits.

Also, EU is a complicated universe, the serious bugs (like the Caly quad bug, and the space MS bugs, got fixed "overnight"). We can be thankful that the "demonic bug" took too long to fix ;) kind of like, MA was postponing it out of mercy. I am grateful for this...

But yeah the 2 ped / 300 ped tt extracted is bothering me a little hehe.

Too bad there are like 5 lr53s and 0 59/63 in acu now days though... Was glad when I saw ambu mission finally some 63s for perhaps decent mu!!!... Nope :laugh:

But agree changing stuff like the excavator was necessary

Too bad there are like 5 lr53s and 0 59/63 in acu now days though... Was glad when I saw ambu mission finally some 63s for perhaps decent mu!!!... Nope :laugh:

that is the other thing with the weapon rebalance, before it i could easily find weapons i wanted at the price i wanted, now i cant, so now i stopped decaying/hunting on caly and went back to mining the universe.

and although i have never used the demonic, change might of been necessary, but why did a 5 minute change in stats take so long? and why did they make it so bad ppl are tt-ing them?

the whole rebalance would be great if it was not shared with an 1Mth loot nerf

No. they are not reasonable. A calypso native rifle has just been found that has a bit better dps than a herman law-404 , but requires level 43 instead of 50 ( where herman law-404 used to be before it got "rebalanced"). So herman rifles got rebalanced, and newly discovered calypso rifles with better dps are not?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235874-Two-more-toys

Last edited:
How does the range, eco, etc compare between them? DPS aint everything.

ff43: eco 2.886 , range: 68.2 , dps 46.4
herman law-404 eco: 2.868, range:55.0, dps 45.2

so better range, better dps and better eco... I think the herman may have more uses though.

tt ff43: 240 , 3,4 pecs decay, tt herman 315 , 3.7 pecs decay

EWE LC-200 Scout ? Herman LAW-303 Jungle ?

I'm a little skeptical about the amount some mobs have been buffed compared to what was listed in the patch notes. I could take a Rex Ravager or a Levi Guardian most of the time. Now however a Rex Strong or a Levi Old are almost too much...Hard to believe that a 5% buff can make a mob go up 4 levels too :\

Open to correction on this one though.

Finally MA actually did some balancing, to fix the items that make all other items in that class redundant (One example being the demonic extractor). General balancing across planets after they seemed to give unrestricted design access to PPs. To all the ppl crying that they lost their edge, adapt and survive, some of us have been doing that almost a decade.

Spoken like a true long time player who long ago got something for NOTHING which became valuable and is whining because it's value has been dropping for the past 3 years......

Mind Ark attempting to protect the markup of the "Uber Gear" IS the reason why this game is at a stale mate as far as playerbase and financial potential (For MindArk) goes. I mean... don't get me wrong... I understand that the game would lose it's "Shine" if Mod Faps were only worth 10k PEDs..... but the cost to be uber is the reason why people don't stick around long term. Instead of the "upper echelon" being able to reap the benefits of 50k hefty depositors filling thier pockets they have to work hard or invest large in order to reap the benefits of having 2k hefty depositors paying thier way.....

I KNOW EU wouldn't be the same without the "high stakes" table.... but reality is... that IS the reason for the small actively depositing playerbase.... If you didn't need 250k U.S. worth of gear and skills to hunt the uber mobs there'd be WAY more players grinding and cycling PEDs. PERIOD.

Part of me thinks MindArk should drop another 1000 Mod Faps into the game and make stuff like UL Jag worth about +200 a set by increasing drop rates. I understand that you want to protect the value of your precious uber gear.... but I also KNOW that you're looking at your gear as something thats worth 50% of what it was 5 years ago.... instead of what it was REALLY worth before the days of market manipulation......

If you were REALLY worried about the game and balancing then you'd just appreciate the fact that you were one of the lucky/smart ones who were fortunate enough to take advantage of some really nice gear for a period of time when many other's didn't have that ability. You'd be excited that newer players could come in and save PEDs on things like Excavator decay so they could afford to cycle more PEDs on big amped mining thus filling the loot pool for someone like yourself. Instead... your SOLE concern is the Market Value of your gear as opposed to the revenue that some of these other eco items have generated. You're greedy and selfish.... nothing more..... Your post should have been titled... "Thank you for protecting the value of my high MU (And overly priced) gear!"

God I hate fake people like yourself! You're only pissed because these "Adjusted items" didn't work out in your favor. If they did you'd have been all over them like flies on shit! If a mob that only ubers could hunt were dropping something super great you'd have camped them day and night in order to reap the benefits and would've LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT and you KNOW it! But when a noob gets something like an eco (L) excavator it's the end of the freakin planet? C'mon now.....

Menace

Last edited:
Did i really misread the OP that badly?

You probably didn't misread the post.... just probably missed the fact that he was one of the people jumping on the "Wah! Demonic Excavator isn't fair to those who own an Imp Excavator!" threads. Because he has high end gear himself, his concern was..... "Whats next? Level 10 noob gonna get his/her hands on a Mod Fap (L) equivilant?

I mean..... I understand ANYONE worrying about losing money in any way, shape, or form.... but then man up and use that as your reasoning.... not "Ohhhh it makes all other items pointless". If he was a miner and coudln't afford Imp Excavator he'd have been all for the Demonic without a single complaint.

Menace

Did i really misread the OP that badly?

Nah, but he did. He also seemed to have missed how the game and the economy works :)

Sometimes it's better to stay silent and let everyone think you don't understand it than speak and remove all doubt :D

Part of me thinks MindArk should drop another 1000 Mod Faps into the game and make stuff like UL Jag worth about +200 a set by increasing drop rates.
I mean..... I understand ANYONE worrying about losing money in any way, shape, or form.... but then man up and use that as your reasoning.... not "Ohhhh it makes all other items pointless". If he was a miner and coudln't afford Imp Excavator he'd have been all for the Demonic without a single complaint.

Menace

If you could afford and would have expensive gear, you would not ask for making it tt food.... "man up" and stop crying.

Spoken like a true long time player who long ago got something for NOTHING which became valuable and is whining because it's value has been dropping for the past 3 years......

How much is an MM and mod fap and shadow? 400k ish? I'll give you a special deal, you can have my gun, my armour and my fap and can continue trolling for the sum of only 50k ped.

The whole rebalancing changes sound great as there will be unrestricted design access to PPs easily:laugh::scratch2:
But hopes that it goes well :scratch2:

Back