That player is awesome...not!

if you have someone who wants to show off and act cool by pk'ing sweaters ask someone in legion if i'm online and i'll come and handle the situation :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Just to clarify I realize that I was in PvP and I wasn't saying that they didn't have the right to shoot me, but the fact that the REASON the player shot me was so trivial on top of the fact that the player then refused to listen to any reasoning or explanation but just kept killing me instead is why I was so angry. It wasn't like I was ruining the swunt by aggroing the mob away or anything I was in the circle just sweating. Yes I am aware that nobody needs a reason to kill anybody else in PvP and this is not a complaint against game policies/rules but rather a complaint about the internet-ego hungry arrogance of some people. The player literally responded, "I like bossin people around here" when I asked, "What makes you the authority of who can and can't sweat here?". I mean it was clear that the players intention was to just feel powerful and cool in front of the other swunters and it was displayed by a few other events and things that the player said.

This is the way I look at this problem.

I'm throwing a house party and everyone is having fun and getting along, then I notice that the line for the keg is getting long and the food seems to be going faster than it should. I notice some people that were not invited:

Now I have a few different things I could do,

1- Ask them nicely to leave.
2- Invite them to stay if they offer to contribute to the cause.
3- Be rude and tell them to get the F out and remove them by force.
4- Use the "Texas" defense, and shoot first. They are on my property.:handgun:

Now this whole situation could have been avoided if they never crashed my party, but we know that it does happen from time to time.

People should realize the difference between what they can do and what they should do, but with sweating(not that I do it very frequently at all) I would never try to jump into a sweat circle without asking first. I do believe that this problem starts at Sweat Camp, there are no "rules" and sweating is a big mess of people running around sweating whatever they can. When this system is brought over to Nea's where the sweating is much more structured we get problem like this one.

TLDR version:

People using Sweat Camp's "Chaos theory" at Nea's is bad, mmm,k?

But the thing is I wouldn't have even gone over there if I had noticed that the circle was overflowing with people and sweat was going quick. I was the only one besides MAYBE 1 other person that was not in the group which I'm not so sure was even full. By me being there and "stealing their sweat" I was taking extremely small amounts and each ambu was still lasting around 15 minutes to dry up. In any case I was just angry and frustrated so I vented on here. I'm over and I understand their viewpoint however much I disagree with it.

But the thing is I wouldn't have even gone over there if I had noticed that the circle was overflowing with people and sweat was going quick. I was the only one besides MAYBE 1 other person that was not in the group which I'm not so sure was even full. By me being there and "stealing their sweat" I was taking extremely small amounts and each ambu was still lasting around 15 minutes to dry up. In any case I was just angry and frustrated so I vented on here. I'm over and I understand their viewpoint however much I disagree with it.

Did you ask for their permission?

If you did not, they had all the rights to shoot you.

Calypso aint exactly the civilized world, in the real world we dont shoot each other just to get few oil barrels - nowait, bad example..

Well anyways, next time ask if you can join them

Reactions: Wed
Calypso aint exactly the civilized world, in the real world we dont shoot each other just to get few oil barrels - nowait, bad example..

really very bad example as we fight big wars for oil in our "civilized" world ;)

how soon now before we start seeing threads about ambu hunters pk'ing sweaters for sweating the mobs they want to hunt

that already happened in the past :D

Remember when sweaters could stack up to huge towers at the revive, when the revive was outside the turret range, at Nea´s Place ???

Oh I liked those good old Nea´s Place so much !!!!!!!

But it made some lag, and many people back that days where anoyed by the really huge number of sweater (imho less than today at Nea´s) :)

To solve the problem with lag, PvP was turned on, and what happened?

Check the PK-HoF back that days

and PKers showed their worst sides, shooting crafters at the mashines, and people browsing the auctions :scratch2:

at least Qetesh did the right thing back that days:

Read Q´s post about PK issues at Nea´s place back that days

:rofl:

usually I dont mind anyone sweating a mob which I shoot, pre Vu10 I would even wait with killing it until the sweating dance finished.

But it can be annoying at times, if the sweater always stands between you and the mob or if its a stupid one that aggros tons of mobs on you..

Armor decay + fapping decay = instant agro on you rather then the noob wearing no armor that never heals themselves. :yay:

Armor decay + fapping decay = instant agro on you rather then the noob wearing no armor that never heals themselves. :yay:

that only counts for the mob you are actually shootin !

I have seen noobs sweating with hunters, and as soon mob is dead, they run to the next bulk of mobs and start sweating them. Sadly this could aggro more than one mob, and what these noobs did is: run to the hunter with 4-5 mobs following them, and exactly that is what hunters hate, that like to go eco and tag their mobs with long range guns, one only!

I surely can understand, why some hunter hate it!

A smart sweater always stands some steps behind the hunter and sweats only the mob the hunter is fighting at the moment. After the kill the smart sweater waits behind the hunter untill the hunter tagged next mob himself, and those tagged mob comes into range for sweating.

Sadly a lot of noob sweater never listen to experienced people who explain how to do things in a efficent, fair and acceptable way!

Personally, after vu10 its impossible for me to have sweaters sweating my mobs.

With my gfx settings all being almost max, my fps is steady of 40, but as soon as the sweating animation (Lot of green stuff) fills my screen, my fps drops to 10, which is annoying. Vu9 it had no effect really, now if i play on 1st person i cant see anything.

Also, when i am sweating a mob and the green thingie comes, i cant see ANYTHING, and if the mob isnt standing still its impossible to keep the mob targeted meaning i wont get any sweat.

Personally, after vu10 its impossible for me to have sweaters sweating my mobs.

With my gfx settings all being almost max, my fps is steady of 40, but as soon as the sweating animation (Lot of green stuff) fills my screen, my fps drops to 10, which is annoying. Vu9 it had no effect really, now if i play on 1st person i cant see anything.

Also, when i am sweating a mob and the green thingie comes, i cant see ANYTHING, and if the mob isnt standing still its impossible to keep the mob targeted meaning i wont get any sweat.

ammu ensin!

;)

CONFUSED please help.

When I started EU in 2005, I sweated for the first 3 months, getting up to 1000 sweat a day from all sorts of Mobs. Started out on snables and daikiba like most people, tried Rippers (great if you lure them onto land where they DON'T BITE YOU... FREE SWEAT with NO DYING), tried araneatrox even, while others team-hunted them... spider-sweat just meant that little bit more lol. In the end, settled on Allophyl... low aggro, close to revive (limnadian), held a f@ckload of sweat before going dry... near-perfect.

Now Calypso and it's environs make a VERY large place. There are HUNDREDS of mobs.

So what I'm confused at is this:

Why Ambu?
Why PvP?
Why???????????????????????????????

Anyone with a friend or two can sweat noticeably better than solo sweating, the mobs have more people to attack, Add a guy with a weapon and the mob can be dragged away from the hunters.

Why people feel it is somehow mandatory to sweat ambu in a pvp area when there are a MILLION other places and ways to go about it just absolutely baffles me.

Can anyone explain? Why people would set themselves up for the complicated swunting procedures at all, when sweating is the EASIEST THING TO DO IN THE GAME? Why make it harder?

Hurrikane

Hurricane, funny you bring that up. Was talking to some of the Nea's regulars I run into, about daily. And none of us run in the sweat teams or swunt teams. We just sweat, nothing else. And from what we gather we get same or more than most of these teams seems to get.

But guess everyone plays as they wish.

My personal reason for Nea's is that there is a crowd of ppl who know how to sweat, forms real nice circles etc and its easy to find them again each time I log on to sweat.

Could prolly sweat on many other places, but need to get quite a few together to be able to sweat in circles and not die too often. And would be time consuming to set that up, time I prefer using to sweat.

just my 2 cents tho, and I am no sweating expert.

Derid

Well a full team, easyly could move to another mob nearly everywhere.

What I noticed is, that if you have a team together and want to move away from Nea´s those people don´t have the TP you want to go to :D

f.e. Medusa (Allophyl), Outback #6 (Longu)

Not every location is really good for sweating together with low level players.
The low level players (-100 HP) die to much and you need to stay close to revive, so those that die can get back to the team fast.

Nea´s isn´t that perfect place imho, but its the main meeting point for sweaters!

Make some of them move to another location isn´t that easy than it sounds.

Many of them are just to lazy to change to another mob, others don´t have the needed TPs and some just want to stay at Nea´s because the sweatbuyers come to Nea´s and they won´t miss the first one crying in chat to buy sweat :)

P.S.: When I started Troy was very crowded with sweaters, and long time my first address for sweating, no matter if solo or in a team ;)

CONFUSED please help.

When I started EU in 2005, I sweated for the first 3 months, getting up to 1000 sweat a day from all sorts of Mobs. Started out on snables and daikiba like most people, tried Rippers (great if you lure them onto land where they DON'T BITE YOU... FREE SWEAT with NO DYING), tried araneatrox even, while others team-hunted them... spider-sweat just meant that little bit more lol. In the end, settled on Allophyl... low aggro, close to revive (limnadian), held a f@ckload of sweat before going dry... near-perfect.

Now Calypso and it's environs make a VERY large place. There are HUNDREDS of mobs.

Why Ambu?
Why PvP?
Why???????????????????????????????

Anyone with a friend or two can sweat noticeably better than solo sweating, the mobs have more people to attack, Add a guy with a weapon and the mob can be dragged away from the hunters.

Why people feel it is somehow mandatory to sweat ambu in a pvp area when there are a MILLION other places and ways to go about it just absolutely baffles me.

Can anyone explain? Why people would set themselves up for the complicated swunting procedures at all, when sweating is the EASIEST THING TO DO IN THE GAME? Why make it harder?

Hurrikane

It was thought that if you killed the mob outside the Nea's Land Area that the loot would not lose the 4% tax.

Though they think now that if the mob was spawned in the LA the tax is already taken out no matter where it is killed and looted.

Any LA owner know for certain how this works? :scratch2:

It was thought that if you killed the mob outside the Nea's Land Area that the loot would not lose the 4% tax.

Though they think now that if the mob was spawned in the LA the tax is already taken out no matter where it is killed and looted.

Any LA owner know for certain how this works? :scratch2:

Mindark has stated that mobs that spawn inside the LA will get taxed by the LA. Same with mining claims, if i drop bomb outside LA and get the claim in the LA, it gets taxed.

CONFUSED please help.

Why Ambu?
High HP, so lots of sweat. Misses a lot and one hit probably won't kill you. Large enough size to form a 12-person circle around.

Most at Neas don't sweat in pvp. But if an organized group wants to sweat their own way without interruption, it makes sense to go where you can clear out ppl who won't go with the program.

I've not seen these pvp teams, but now I want to. Hopefully they will let me watch a bit before shooting :laugh:

Was that me in yesterdays swunt ???

Maybe you wanted to sweat the mob, we pulled for our team, but you have not been part of that team. Well in that case learn the rules of PvP swunts! No freeloaders allowed !!!

Or have you been part of the team?
At the end of the swunt, it all became chaotic due to interceptions of NBK people that where not welcome that day, and they started to shoot at us and our mobs! Me started to shoot back, but those bastards stand outside PvP just across the LA border. Damn NBK !!!
So we decided to change location, and I help some of our team to get to revive a little faster (killed them!), and achieved my first PK HoF in my EU life :D

You all should not take that to serious what happend yesterday. It was long time nicely working, and only a few freeloaders got shot meanwhile (f.e. Vavilli and don´t remember that other one that came along again and again, although he always got shot imediately he reached attack range).
As said at the end it became a little chaotic due to the interceptions by NBK members, that definately wanted and tried to intercept our gameplay, only because we didn´t want them to be at our place, we definately entered befor them!

Thats PvP area, if you have problems that you may get shot there for some reason (even if its just that I don´t like your nose!), you shouldn´t go there!

BTW, nearly every swunt I have been in last few weeks, someone get shot by the swunt team, because to many don´t stick to the rules set by that team.
Some reasons may be:

You are in team, but don´t help killing dry ambu - you get shot!
You are in team, and go afk for more than 1 mob - you get shot!
You are in team but constantly stand outside the circle - you get shot!
You are not in team, and don´t want to join team (WL) - you get shot!
You are not in team (but on WL), but don´t pull fresh mobs - you get shot!
You just state that you don´t have a gun - you get shot!
You don´t reply to questions, and start sweating the swunt mob - you get shot!
Your name is vavilli - you get shot!
some more reasons may lead to a PK :)

That looks like my name, :O uhohhh

That looks like my name, :O uhohhh

Don´t know if its really you, but if it is you, then you already know it :D
At least I didn´t shoot you during todays swunt, as you did a very good job as puller :)

Back