The Core - Robot Mayhem #3

The general thought among most of the regular players is that the Core and HM are a step in the right direction.

As they sit now, they are a mixture of dps and luck. These 2 events are fair enough that I will continue to do them, even though I haven't ever won...

This is because after looking at the winner lists, I feel like though dps is still favored, ALL have a chance.

These events are how MM should be I suppose.

Ideally, the only way to make it truly random would be equalization of all avatars in each category:

Have 10 categories. You chose one. In each cat you get the same armor and fap, and you choose one of a variety of weapons that each has same dps and dpp. No helms, no buffs, no pills, no other gear. Everyone does x amount of hours.

Each cat has a rough cost per hour of something like this: 10 ped, 100 ped, 200 ped, 400 ped, 600 ped, 800 ped, 1000 ped, 1200 ped, and 1500 ped depending on the level.

If people want to use their alts for more chances, fine, because we are all equal. So the alt problem is eliminated and uber item trading is eliminated.

The amount of people that would depo and participate if an event was structured like this would blow MA"s mind.

I understand this takes away from the people that paid big money for uber gear! But this isnt about YOU so save the drama on this issue for your mama. You can still have MM and CM and HM. That is why MA should try this once as an additional event to see what happens. Let MA see which one gets more people cycling and depoing more. ;)

I promise you, if they ran an event like this, there would be a 10-fold increase in depos and players cycling. This is about MA trying to survive, and not about the ubers getting all the awesome prizes every year because they can afford the best guns. The ubers do not depo anywhere close to the other 90%. We need an event that is fair for the OTHER 90%!

Just try it once MA. If it doesn't work out then stop, but I am so confident that you would see the 90% playing harder than they have ever played before, if you started running events like this!

Highly vulnerable to exploits though. Tiny little advantage-giving exploits that a normal player wouldn't think of would be found and abused and instead of DPS winning, the most willing to cheat would win.

Maybe i'm just too jaded when it comes to MA's ability to make a bulletproof arena and agressively prosecute exploiters, but that's how i'd see that type of event going down.

Highly vulnerable to exploits though. Tiny little advantage-giving exploits that a normal player wouldn't think of would be found and abused and instead of DPS winning, the most willing to cheat would win.

Maybe i'm just too jaded when it comes to MA's ability to make a bulletproof arena and agressively prosecute exploiters, but that's how i'd see that type of event going down.

Yeah I suppose you are right...I thought about this a lot last night. I am sure the shitty bastards that can figure out how to make their gun shoot faster by some hack will be there doing it.

I think it would be easy enough for MA to see.

If 100 avatars do the same Level, and 97 are around 500k damage per hour and 3 people are at 600k, then MA needs to look at those 3....but I also doubt MA would care enough to look or ban.

Why not an event spread across the planet where a special event mob appears and people have to search for them. The dps wouldn't matter as much as you'd have to spend more time looking for the mob.

Or just go the other route and make everyone hunt chirpies :yay: have multiple event types where killing one of the wrong type counts against your score.

Why not an event spread across the planet where a special event mob appears and people have to search for them. The dps wouldn't matter as much as you'd have to spend more time looking for the mob.

Or just go the other route and make everyone hunt chirpies :yay: have multiple event types where killing one of the wrong type counts against your score.

Those all sounds like fun events in addition to current ones.

Bullshit formula : 90% of normal talks +10% Bullshit = 100% bullshit

I don't think MA wants to break the game, thus alts are allowed.

The impact would be too great on the game if they were to ban them all.

Lock gear on events, pretty simple solution.

Maybe keeping it out of instance, back like it used to be, is best....you might be right.

Ok now THIS is my real Best Event Ever!:

Take all the good prizes for an event, and add 9900 little smaller prizes. Things like ELM guns or Universal ammo packages of various amounts.

ALL those prizes go into Mystery Boxes that drop off of some special event mob planet-side.

None of the boxes can be opened until ALL are looted. They CAN be sold and traded though if people want to.

We all can spend as much or as little time gathering the boxes as we want.

THEN....on one special day, we ALL get to open all the boxes!!!

It would be the most fun thing EVER in this game!!!

AND...no matter what the prize, EVERY box gives a Rare hof, so we can all have fun seeing what we all got, and the newer players can see the pretty swirls.

Can you imagine the thrill as your little pile of Mystery Boxes grew over the course of your hunting?

I am so excited for this, that if MA doesn't do it, I will cry and whine for it forever! It is the greatest idea I ever had!!!
(greater than any other ideas I had for this game, I mean)!!! (Disclaimer: I am not claiming this to be my idea...plenty of you already thought about it and I am sure it's in plenty of other games, this needs to be said for complete idiots like Kestukis and Tamosius)

The only thing is loot dispersion needs to be worked on so all 10k Mystery boxes don't drop in the first hour :D

Edit: fuck this, I am making my own thread for this cuz I am too excited!

did it: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?271682-The-Greatest-Event-Ever!

Last edited:
My original plan was to complete the 15 hours and see what bonus I could reach - never participated any of these events so I wasn't into the rules very well and didn't knew that you could keep trying indefinitely for bonus prizes.

I was aiming to get the lowest bonus, but at run 8 I had a 7 and an 8 drop (had this run cut in half due to a random d/c - that one which you keep taking damage from a mob for like 1 minute but can't do jack and then get d/c'ed - coincidence, isn't it?), then I decided that I would chase the 250 pedder reward, even if that could mean a bad return, for personal achievment reasons. It ended well in the end. :yay:

All runs were at level 1, and I ran a total of 18h and 32m (19 runs), where the last 4 were chasing the last 243 points to reach 2500. I was almost sleeping with my face at the keyboard when I finally looted a 6 and completed the 2500 points.

So here are my stats:

Total Dmg/Avg Dmg: 1969914/101021,2
Globals/Value: 9/756
Return (TT): 101.09% (74.67 PEDs, without the bonus :wtg: )

Run 1: 261 mobs, 78 DSUs total
Run 2: 251 mobs, 120 DSUs total
Run 3: 279 mobs, 218 DSUs total
Run 4: 285 mobs, 254 DSUs total
Run 5: 349 mobs, 302 DSUs total
Run 6: 258 mobs, 331 DSUs total
Run 7: 271 mobs, 390 DSUs total
Run 8: 288 mobs, 1910 DSUs total
Run 9: 362 mobs, 2004 DSUs total
Run 10: 359 mobs, 2084 DSUs total
Run 11: 327 mobs, 2134 DSUs total
Run 12: 238 mobs, 2135 DSUs total
Run 13: 271 mobs, 2200 DSUs total
Run 14: 237 mobs, 2220 DSUs total
Run 15: 252 mobs, 2257 DSUs total
Run 16: 252 mobs, 2274 DSUs total
Run 17: 306 mobs, 2425 DSUs total
Run 18: 328 mobs, 2468 DSUs total
Run 19: 372 mobs, 2590 DSUs total

My Setup was Shogun, Regen Chip III and Igni L1000 (L)+A104.

Maybe keeping it out of instance, back like it used to be, is best....you might be right.

ALL those prizes go into Mystery Boxes that drop off of some special event mob planet-side.

None of the boxes can be opened until ALL are looted. They CAN be sold and traded though if people want to.

We all can spend as much or as little time gathering the boxes as we want.

THEN....on one special day, we ALL get to open all the boxes!!!

It would be the most fun thing EVER in this game!!!

AND...no matter what the prize, EVERY box gives a Rare hof, so we can all have fun seeing what we all got, and the newer players can see the pretty swirls.

Can you imagine the thrill as your little pile of Mystery Boxes grew over the course of your hunting?

I

Yea copy/paste events from ncsoft :D

Edit: duplicate

Last edited:
Yea copy/paste events from ncsoft :D

I have no idea what ncsoft is at all...but yeah I am sure there are many similar events within other games, since it is not at all a unique idea, nor did I ever claim it to be.

The only games I ever played were:
Everquest 1...
then Everquest 2...
then I found this game.

I am so excited for this, that if MA doesn't do it, I will cry and whine for it forever! It is the greatest idea I ever had!!!

I have no idea what ncsoft is at all...but yeah I am sure there are many similar events within other games, since it is not at all a unique idea, nor did I ever claim it to be.

Oh my God, sorry taco i supported you in alot of things but .. you already losing your mind. People offering something when they know whtat they talking about. Ncsoft is company that made lineage and similar games and even you offered is main event system in most of ncsoft games.

Seems you invented an event that is already was invented 14 years ago , and calling it best your idea ever. That is really need alot thinking what you do in your life than.

p.s. but ofc best is to use someones already created and perfectly working tactics, but alot people if they wanted similar game to lineage or ect, they just could go and play there. that is why i believe Entropia is so unique because they dont chase someones ideas and creating theyr own.

Oh my God, sorry taco i supported you in alot of things but .. you already losing your mind. People offering something when they know whtat they talking about. Ncsoft is company that made lineage and similar games and even you offered is main event system in most of ncsoft games.

Seems you invented an event that is already was invented 14 years ago , and calling it best your idea ever. That is really need alot thinking what you do in your life than.

I am not saying I was the first one to think of it, nor am I saying it is the best idea in my real life!

I am saying it was better than any of my other ideas that I had for this game!!!!!

That is why I said "that I EVER had" It means that I am talking about my own ideas about ways to make the game better, and I think this one is my best one. <removed>

<removed>

Read here...<removed>

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...est-Event-Ever!

Last edited by a moderator:

p.s. but ofc best is to use someones already created and perfectly working tactics, but alot people if they wanted similar game to lineage or ect, they just could go and play there. that is why i believe Entropia is so unique because they dont chase someones ideas and creating theyr own.

Most ridiculous response I've ever read. Just because he came up with an idea that mirrors something that exists doesn't reflect in any negative way on taco. If he's never heard of NCSoft or doesn't play ANY OTHER MMO, then how could you say *through sarcasm* that he is stealing ideas or isn't coming up with good ideas.

Lineage is an awful game, so who cares what they do in it? This discussion was about what to do in THIS game.

honestly i never joined any of those core events. what's your opinion, is it worth it and did i miss something? :)

PS:
Well guess they have to take down the christmas trees first. :D

i learned at oratan events that once you seem to got that friggin tree, it's very unlikely to ever get rid of it again. it's like virtual landscape cancer!

honestly i never joined any of those core events. what's your opinion, is it worth it and did i miss something? :)

PS:

i learned at oratan events that once you seem to got that friggin tree, it's very unlikely to ever get rid of it again. it's like virtual landscape cancer!

:D

Well it doesn't get in the way at all, and tbh probly won't notice until a week after is gone lol.

Agree, it's about time to shoot some tin cans. The Core is my favorite event/instance of them all.
Come on, MA, give me a reason to return to Caly.

Back