The Gladiatorial Battles

Coffee

Old Alpha
Society
Caffeine Junkies
Angelica Coffee Lastrome
With all that has happened with the recent Land Grab and some of the complaints/concerns raised I was struck with an idea. As LG stands now I don't wish to see it altered. I posted my comments on that here. One of the main issues brought up in opposition to alliances though was the lack of "show of force". To that end I would like to suggest a new event. There are many many months in between LG's that could use some filling in. I think this would be a great way to do that.

My suggestion for event: The Gladiatorial Battles. To summarize it would be an event system for both individuals and societies as a whole to show case their brute strength and fighting capabilities. The event could be done in a ladder progression form and have different classes for different ranked societies or various skill ranges for individuals.

Prizes and rewards have always been an issue with events. What makes Land Grab unique and desirable to participate in is the high dollar value of the prize and that the prize is recycled each time. The same approach can be taken with this event. My examples below are only suggestions but the idea should be well conveyed by them.

Winner in the Society vs. Society event (Uber Class): Each society member would be given a set of non trade-able non drop-able UNLIMITED (repairable) Infiltrator armor to use for a set time frame (possibly 3 months?).

Winner in the Individual vs. Individual event (Uber Class): Winner would be given a non trade-able non drop-able weapon similiar in stats to something like the Unique War Axe. The weapon would of course have a smaller max TT value but would include an SIB to it allowing for someone to max it far earlier then normal. The use would again be for only a set time frame as above.

Winners of lower classed societies or individual events would receive similiar Unique Gladiatorial items in accordance with the level of play. The items must have significant worth to be worthy of fighting for though.

In this way the prizes are sure to be fought for tooth and nail, yet there would never be a fear of flooding or disrupting the regular market as they would only be allowed for use by the winners themselves and only for a set time before being recycled into the event again.

Any feedback or comments on the above are very welcome. I would love for something like this to be implemented myself.

Weee

Sounds like a good night out with a bottle of rum :D

With equal weapons/armor/fap for diffrent levels it could be alot of fun.

Maybe even people ranked lower then a certain class could enter into a higher division for spectactors fun. Or Several low levels players vs 1 high level or evil mobs vs players in

Dammit " GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUMBLEEEEEE!"

Ahhh yeah. Great points. The skill ranks could be divided into different categories as well. Not only would you say have something like:

Uber Rank
Mid LvL Rank
Low LvL Rank

With each of those rankings, not only could you divide them up between society or individual categories but you could also have something like:

Player vs. Player: Level Terms. Where all individuals or society's fighting one another must use the same equipement. (Equipment could be Event only rented/loaned where decay is payed by individual)

Player vs. Player: Free Style. Where individuals or society's fight with what ever gear they can bring to the table.

Player vs. Mob. Where individuals or society's must fight specific event mobs during each round.

Obviously a lot could be done with this and the more I think about it the more fun it sounds. :)

Last edited:
Great Ideas + rep :yay:

Now this would be Ideal for a stadium battle!

Weee

Maybe even people ranked lower then a certain class could enter into a higher division for spectactors fun. Or Several low levels players vs 1 high level or evil mobs vs players in

Great idea here :wtg:

Weee

Ahhh yeah. Great points. The skill ranks could be divided into different categories as well. Not only would you say have something like:

Uber Rank
Mid LvL Rank
Low LvL Rank

With each of those rankings, not only could you divide them up between society or individual categories but you could also have something like:

Player vs. Player: Level Terms. Where all individuals or society's fighting one another must use the same equipement. (Equipment could be Event only rented/loaned where decay is payed by individual)

Player vs. Player: Free Style. Where individuals or society's fight with what ever gear they can bring to the table.

Player vs. Mob. Where individuals or society's must fight specific event mobs during each round.

Obviously a lot could be done with this and the more I think about it the more fun it sounds. :)

This would work really well in the arena at CND.

Nice ideas, would be a great event to watch and to get involved in.

Well now that we have FPC and not just MA... lets try to bump this idea up and see if Hanne can possibly push this great idea under the right persons nose. :p

Lets do it !!

I like the idea Coffee! I'll share it at the office :)

I like the idea Coffee! I'll share it at the office :)

Wooot... thank you very much. I know it didn't get a lot of replies from the community but I think it would end up being something very popular if put together well.

Back