The last Mod Merc Looted When/Where/What

Status
If they are only 100 lottery tickets the one which buy 100 tickets should win (my math is stronger :p ).
What I meant is this kind of loot contradicts the purpose of ubers with uber gear, which anyway will be the buyers of such an item - without ubers or people willing to became uber, the mod mercenary (not mercury) will not be such a high rated item.
I am tempted to belive that they used some sort of bug like a glitch in landscape and stuck the mob there and killed it (I see them grouped) than to belive that all 7 of them avoided it. This will be conform with history of uber items and aths from spiders as all I can recall involved nubs traping, nubs dying 100 times naked with a bravo, nubs shooting from a hill, etc.

Jealousy is an ugly trait. Shut it. you don't know the people involved or the situation you're trying to describe.

The guys who left the GloryHounds to form DarkStar did so partly because they were on more hours, skilling harder than we could, they outgrew us by a good distance even before leaving. I have seen the globals and progression of this lot with envy from my not-so-regular playing; they worked as hard as anyone to get where they are. And where are they? Top 50! Not bad for a "bunch of nubs" that have only been playing 1 or 2 years.

Oh, and if you can show me where the hell west of Troy there's a big enough gradient or obstacle to trap a spider, except for the dark bit south which they obviously ain't in in the screenshot, then fair enough. Otherwise, stop crying cheat where there's no call to. I've solo-d spiders (reviving), got 'em in teams of 2 to 12 as well... and although most times they'll kill half or all of your team, anyone who's been on a FoF can tell you, sometimes they ping-pong and miss, and you all walk away laughing... much more likely with the dopey, slower guardians and providers.

If you ask me, those spending $50k on gear to hunt spiders are the nubs... ~DS~ got theirs through sheer hard work.... there's not a stupid big depositer amongst 'em.

Well done ~DS~, brought a tear to my eye:)

And Carl.... you da man, man.:bowdown:

Hurrikane

Someone must tell you.
I dont want to be an ass, I dont care about rep but this is just BS.
They are people which hold gear worth of 50k usd for this mob and lose 3 - 5k peds per hunt on this mob or other similar and they never seen an uber item in loot. Suddenly, a bunch of nubs which cannot survive one hit of a spider gets one of the rarest item ingame by miracle without a scratch?
Excuse me but I will not congrat you. Also stay away of my PVP4!
PS: when was the last time when spiders legit droped something?
PSS: The name of the gun is Modified EWE EP-40 Mercenary not Mercury. Nubs!

Jealousy is oh so not becoming. Tsk tsk. Yeah, with the excitement I called the weapon the wrong name.....silly me. Nub? Nub? Am I a stump of a limb? Or did you mean noob? Or did you mean Newbie? Or new player? I'm confused by your terminology...... Actually I have survived a hit of a spider, once. But you would never believe that. Or believe that seven poeple with maddox fours, karma killers and Korsses could take down a spider........ I think if you look at the damage on my avatar, I was hit once....faps are great. :)
Jealousy is sad really.......

Last edited:
Jealousy is oh so not becoming. Tsk tsk. Yeah, with the excitement I called the weapon the wrong name.....silly me. Nub? Nub? Am I a stump of a limb? Or did you mean noob? Or did you mean Newbie? Or new player? I'm confused by your terminology...... Actually I have survived a hit of a spider, once. But you would never believe that. Or believe that seven poeple with maddox fours, karma killers and Korsses could take down a spider........ I think if you look at the damage on my avatar, I was hit once....faps are great. :)
Jealousy is sad really.......

That is pure BS.
PS: "non-useful body".

we looted a mod merc, sold it and whole soc is happy, pricks exist, don't care.
end of story :yay:

Maybe time for a lock?

That is pure BS.

Rony - ur way outa line here.
I know a few of those guys in that team too. They have been dedicated and happily playing EU for as long as me at least. Getting close to 2 years, almost every day.
They are players - not exploiders!
They run a good society of players who's only interest in EU is to have a good time, to hunt and have fun together.
Geez, some of these smaller mid-level socs has so much more life, energy, honor and communityfeeling than Im afraid you would never believe.

They went out with their midlevel skills, holding their midlevel guns in their midlevel armor. Knowing that a teamhunt would be likely to cost each of them 100 ped for a couple of hours fun, they did what this game is designed for: thrills, excitement and common sociology for normal people with normal lives.

Excuse me, but how dare you throw about accusations around like that. Cheating and exploiting? All they did was go and kill a Spider - and then they won a single very good loot among the thousands of 0-looters this group already had.

Why do I have a strong feeling that each and every one of the wonder7 have made more deposits than you have? Now thats an accusation for you!

My feelings for BAHQ just went down the drain...

That is pure BS.

Pure BS? As such a spider expert you might know guardians regularly hit for only 89-100 hp (or does that knock you on your chipped-up ass?) giving others the chance to drag it off you.

Non-Useful? You ever looted a ModMerc? They seem pretty damn useful to me:laugh:

Hurrikane

Someone must tell you.
I dont want to be an ass, I dont care about rep but this is just BS.
They are people which hold gear worth of 50k usd for this mob and lose 3 - 5k peds per hunt on this mob or other similar and they never seen an uber item in loot. Suddenly, a bunch of nubs which cannot survive one hit of a spider gets one of the rarest item ingame by miracle without a scratch?
Excuse me but I will not congrat you. Also stay away of my PVP4!
PSS: The name of the gun is Modified EWE EP-40 Mercenary not Mercury. Nubs!

well that just kinda speaks to itself. hard to really say anything that will make that look good.

Rony said:

when a nubba standing on a wall shot one for 88k i think.

Maybe time for a lock?

second best quote of the week for you, i think. i am starting to get over disliking you again.

Ma support?

best quote i ever seen on the forum hands down.

gratz to the guys today on your 165k silent ath. we all dream of this kind of moment. nice to see such good guys live up to a society agreement, not just see some bitterness and loss of friendship over greed.

speaking of bitterness and greed, rony seems to have that taken care of.

salut.

Last edited:
If they are only 100 lottery tickets the one which buy 100 tickets should win (my math is stronger :p ).

Actually your maths is pretty shit.

If you buy all the tickets its not a lottery. You would have paid more than the prize to win it. Thats not at all intelligent.

And where in EU can you hunt the one and only mob exlcusively so that you hold all the lottery tickets. Maybe only under the big moose. Didn't take any maths to figure that out. Some common sense is needed. Perhaps invest in some of that.

Thats not at all intelligent.

actually, nothing that guy said here today could be confused with anything intelligent.

Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Thats not at all intelligent
actually, nothing that guy said here today could be confused with anything intelligent.

This is an attempt to insult me. I dont know who are you and I have nothing to share with you, still you are trying to insult me. Pls mind your bussines.

Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Thats not at all intelligent

This is an attempt to insult me. I dont know who are you and I have nothing to share with you, still you are trying to insult me. Pls mind your bussines.

Don't know if your refering to me or Skip. Well its not an attempt to insult you. Just expressing my opinion as you have also. Its a forum remember. So its not your business to begin with. Oh and since your being picky about the correct spelling of items. Learn how to spell business. Finally, most likely you don't know who I am. I am just another person in EU. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just plod along at the level I can afford. Do you actually know all people in EU?? Amazing.

Belated gratz to Thread starter for a great post and fantastic item. Shows how good teamwork can be.

dude, i am not trying to insult you. if you wish for that, let me know, and i can certainly oblige.

i think if you read what you posted today, you'll find it was insulting to 99% of the ppl that play this game, what and more importantly how you said what you said.

i've talked to a lot of ppl that were dismayed and upset this loot fell to these guys in the way it did. eu is dynamic, enjoy! but although their disappointment was a bit merited, they never came into the community forum and acted like an asshole.

i guess, you effectively did that for them.

if you want to yell at me about how you didn't loot the mod merc, that's all well and good, but maybe an apology would be in order if you wish to loot your own dignity or self-respect. if not, well, i guess i will just "see you in your pvp4" as you so aptly put it. i get so cracked up by statements like that made in anger. i guess i will see you at my cp, as long as they don't make that pvp i will be fine.

Mod Merc

This thread has gone to shit. Grats on the loot guys and well done! :yay:

A few things I'd like to comment on:

Rony isn't a dickhead or a jealous guy. Quite the opposite in fact; however, he often doesn't sugar coat things like he should. His point is simple and clear, but a bit too hostile in a time of joy for you guys. Coming from the upper end of the spectrum and being a non depositing player, I can honestly say I understand his anger. I have also seen the end where I had nothing (2 times in fact) - so I see the other side of the coin too.

Granted I haven't deposited tons of $ to get to where I am, I've hunted tons of uber mobs and had some good/bad hunts along the way. Rony has killed more spiders than virtually anyone in game; similar to myself probably killing the most or nearly most daspletors of anyone. It is painful to think that grinding away, day in and day out for like 10 hours a day on a single mob for weeks, months, or even years on end, can be rewarded with no promise of a uber loots.

I hunted those daspletors from day 1 of CND being opened. Not many others were ever around unless I begged them to come team hunt with me on that mob. I looted some nice items there, but I had to move irl so I missed the ATH that Vixen got (he wasn't even hunting those until I invited him up a week before). I didn't get angry, but instead happy for him. I must admit; however, that there was a bit of jealousy and disgust that it was the very person I had invited there that got it. That's neither here nor there now, it is over and done with.

I must say that it is pretty distressing to a few of us that go out and do the Spider Stalkers to see a Guardian drop this gun. I admit Guardians are hard if you have 150 hp and boar/nem armor. This being said, there is something kind of wrong with the fact that Stalkers require like 270 hp, mod fap, shadow/supremacy/chron, and a high damage weapon to kill and yet hardly ever give good loots. Even with all that fancy gear, you can't outfap them if they hit multiple times with big hits (not crits). So this means a team of people with that sort of hp/gear is required, making it all the harder a mob to kill with all loot being divided up. Worse yet, none of the stalkers are directly by a revival, so it means lots of TPing back to the mob after dying. lol Let's not even get into the details of # of criticals from spider stalkers and damage (550+ on shadow/5b). Comparing this mob to a Guardian Spider makes you somewhat understand why he's so upset. He's gone through killing these over and over with little/no success. Guardian spiders can be done naked for an uber player. Stalker spiders can hardly be done for 2 players wearing chron/5b's and 250 hp/mod faps.

So take his comments with a grain of salt guys, he's not being a dickhead, just venting his anger - maybe not in the best way possible, but in the first way that came to him. When he calls this team a bunch of noobs, he's not so far from the truth considering the skill difference vs himself. He's not saying you haven't played long or a lot of hours - honestly, 140k skill and like 350k skill is a HUGE difference. Many players that EU think that 7 players in a team is 7 x 140k skill, it isn't. 7 players of 140k skill would not even add up to his 330k skill on his avatar due to the non linear skill progression.

To me, you guys aren't noobs or ubers. I don't really know who was in the team. Perhaps I know you guys, perhaps I don't. I'd say you've played a lot of EU so you're not noobs in that respect. I'd also say you're far from playing as much as Rony has since he started. Just my two cents on the matter (or 20 cents since I wrote more than intended :) ).

Either way Grats on your Fabulous loot. It found its way into my soc mate's hands! (165k peds later) :cool:

I understand what you are saying mercury, but killing every spider thats ever spawned doesn't give someone the right to be rude/derogatory to someone else because they got lucky. Jealous? Of course, who isn't? It hurts moreso to someone who hunts this mob with regularity I'm sure. After the daspletor incident, did you call your m8 a nub or insinuate that they mustve cheated in some way to get it?

You'd think everyone would see this coming after the recent VU's with the crazy hof's, it all comes down to luck. If you want a guaranteed MM in a window then cough up the 150k or whatever it takes and you'll have one, in a trade window at least.

This thread has gone to shit. Grats on the loot guys and well done! :yay:

nice post, star. + rep

i agree with everything you said here, just think this thread might not be the best venting area for rony. don't know him, don't want to, based on his comments on this thread, i just think he comes off poorly.

but i think this mm looted to a guard is almost like the story i hear about the first imp strike looting to a aurli weak. any thing that can drop it, seems to be able to drop to any maturity. adj fap looted to ambu young. morseselix guard i think it was that looted the imp 2870 last year. lord knows the story of things that have suddenly crapped out of a little noobie argo. this is the way the loot system works, fortunate or not, and if ppl don't like it they don't have to hunt.

i think your own story with dome 17, makes just that point. thanks for sharing it. we all get frustrated by loot, but coming into a forum and yelling at lucky ppl about it is not just unnecessary, it's pathetic and childish. reminds me of all the nasty things baldurn said about women aftel adel and mirandax "stole" those space aths. this kind of thing just brings out the worst in a lot of ppl.

now these guys didn't want to share their screenie for this very reason. not sharing the screenie also garnered them grief. so i don't know how anybody could win in this situation. i think they have handled themselves well. and they are all good guys (and a girl), and they deserve the respect we would all wish for were we to be in their position, not all jealous nonsense and yelling in a post.

salut.

Well done ~DS~, brought a tear to my eye:)

And Carl.... you da man, man.:bowdown:

Hurrikane[/quote]

heheh cheers m8

Can i Guess to? ;)

We killed a lot of spiders that night and we did not die most of the times. And all of us never died on same spider.

Last edited:
Well most of us are on a budget of around 50 euro per month, my total depo is around 800 euro's now and wont stop.
I for 1 have climbed the ladder by starting on snabs and exa and not 1 week but 15 hours a day for my first 4 months of play as far as i know 2 legit globals.
After this i did argos for about 12 months 15 hours per day at 7 days per week biggest loot 1400 ped. don't u think i didn't have times to be frustrated when a 10k argo's drop, if i saw that person in my radar i still grats him with a smile and be happy for him (although bitch a bit in soc chat for 10 sec but thats healthy :D ).
Currently i am grinding mining and hunting bull up to old alpha never got something to get realy exited about.
Persons that know me know i prolly even did more grinding then telling here.
(hmm come to think of it i don't even stop while eating, god i got it bad :laugh: )

In this game there are Gamblers, Rich boys who get the toys, grinders, and casual players, whatever amount u invest is up to anyone and u cant wine after losing on a gamble no matter how frustrated one is.

I am a grinder because i like grinding in games (rpg fan), thats the whole reason i wont ever chip in, i never go over my budget so i cant get frustrated about money in any way.

The point is anyone could have gotten this loot, and i would be happy for anyone who got it.
In this case seen from birds eye pov 7+1 persons where made happy with it instead of only 1, isnt that better as example 1 person hoffing a number of times in a row? + we all know now it still is possible to loot something like that, dos it not make evryone happy to know u at least stand a chance?

Ronny u cant go blame others for winning its childish, 100% of EU players get frustrated at bad times and happy at good, simply don't spoil the good times as they are rare.

To all , thank u and hope 1 day u can loot something like this with a bunch of nutters but teribly nice and fun persons in your team to share with. :wtg:

Rony I ask you, from what should the mm have dropped?
Snable young?

I think your thing is that YOU didn't get it, not that it dropped of a kinda low spider (which is still high level).
But as you are a long time player, you must have accepted now that people hunting the same mob can hof and global all day long and you get nothing? If you couldn't stand that you would have quit a long time ago.

So be happy for these guys, and take comfort that hunting big mobs isn't for nothing because one day you can loot something like this.

So be happy for these guys, and take comfort that hunting big mobs isn't for nothing because one day you can loot something like this.

$25,000 and a year and a half of hardcore skilling, and all I've managed to loot is Angel Shins (F). I'm comforted, really I am. :rolleyes:

The facts:
Few days ago a handful of nubs, hunting a mob out of their league, looted an item so rare that they werent able to spell its name.
In the same time, people depositing ten of thousands of USD get nothing else than lose when hunting high mob.
Every high loot from this mob is a cliché. Mod DAR 9300 was looted by trapping,
there was an ATH got by a player which was shooting the spider from a hill near orthos, and like DS he was in some low armour with 150 hp and claimed that he survived the spider hits until someone brought some screenshots showing him using the hill exploit, there are several hofs screenshots containing crapemacy or eon parts, also with post describing the method they use, where people simply die 100 times until they kill a spider, etc. Just do your own search.

The conclusion:
Dont invest, deposit 10 usd per month, dont buy mm, dont buy mod fap, dont buy shadow, eon, chronicle, crapemacy, exploit whenever you can - you will win!

:)

PS: I thik it is fair towards MA to say that beeing uber brings profit if I hunt low mobs. Also, my avatar value skyrocketed.

Last edited:
The facts:
Few days ago a handful of nubs, hunting a mob out of their league, looted an item so rare that they werent able to spell its name.
In the same time, people depositing ten of thousands of USD get nothing else than lose when hunting high mob.
there was an ATH got by a player which was shooting the spider from a hill near orthos, and like DS he was in some low armour with 150 hp and claimed that he survived the spider hits until someone brought some screenshots showing him using the hill exploit, there are several hofs screenshots containing crapemacy or eon parts, also with post describing the method they use, where people simply die 100 times until they kill a spider, etc. Just do your own search.

The conclusion:
Dont invest, deposit 10 usd per month, dont buy mm, dont buy mod fap, dont buy shadow, eon, chronicle, crapemacy, exploit whenever you can - you will win!

Strange, if you looted it I'ld say it was MA exploit. Why give YOU the MM when you have everything els? I'm glad someone in middle looted it. Someone that really needed the money someone that don't have enoth money to deposit 10 k USD per month.

I'm glad a bunch of normal persons found this, maybe they needed the money irl for education or something?

And don't whine on my language I'm from sweden and don't use English as primory spoken or written language.

:) Caroline.

Strange, if you looted it I'ld say it was MA exploit. Why give YOU the MM when you have everything els? I'm glad someone in middle looted it. Someone that really needed the money someone that don't have enoth money to deposit 10 k USD per month.
If it ws targeted to mid players, why they didnt loot it from ambu or from longu or anything else which is medium mob? Why from a top mob which was always exploited?

The facts:

The conclusion:

Excuse me, who told u u realy need all that stuff besides everyone wanting it.
Do u even know what 7x madox like damage is on a mob?? around 518 damage per second at max can u beat that alone?
So spiders are as out of our league as a team then they are for u.
we just do not choose to gamble so much because none of us can afford that

i also enjoy number crunching at times. :)

If u choose to gamble then u have my best wishes and i would love to see u succeed, but plz don't be all high up in the clouds thinking everyone besides yourselve is newb this is only digging your own grave, and insulting to ppl who grind to their fullest potential.

Excuse me, who told u u realy need all that stuff besides everyone wanting it.
Your mm buyer.. :)
However, I concluded with this:
The conclusion:
Dont invest, deposit 10 usd per month, dont buy mm, dont buy mod fap, dont buy shadow, eon, chronicle, crapemacy

The facts:
[irrelevant rambling...]

The conclusion:

Its funny becuase when us at the bottom or the middle complain about somthing, the ubers all say that how it is. so suck it up and enjoy.

And after Mercury's comments, i cant believe you are actually trying to imply they cheated their way to this. thats quite shamefull. :(

generalizing all the low skilled players is just childish. I guess you started out uber and deserve it more. Ever think that because of this loot there will be even more lower level people wasting/dumping peds into the system (ie.deposits) that you will be taking from them due to their inefficiency?

would you bite the hand that feeds you? - nin

Huge gratz on the most amazing loot :)

Hope you spend the PED wisely

To the Nay Sayers..... hmmmm shame on you

Hasie

Status
Back