The mission rebalancing!

toad

Stalker
Society
Deagleteam
Christer toad Johansson
After reading most of the thread about the rebalancing i decided to make a thread were i want to discuss a couple of issues i have with this rebalancing.

I think everyone that accepted a mission BEFORE the nerf should be able to choose if you want the reward from the old or the new system, we should also be able to drop the missions we want completly and start over from zero, just not the current stage as i guess it is now.

What do you think about this suggestions?

Start from zero? So, those who have completed all but the final stage could go back and restart everything and basically get 2x the rewards? That won't happen.

However, those on the 10k mission chains should be able to request the old reward to make it fair to them. That is honestly the only issue I see right now, especially on big mobs like Aurli and Kreltin.

In most cases you will still get less reward for starting over from zero than you would have got from the old system so i think that would only be a fair option.

After reading most of the thread about the rebalancing i decided to make a thread were i want to discuss a couple of issues i have with this rebalancing.

I think everyone that accepted a mission BEFORE the nerf should be able to choose if you want the reward from the old or the new system, we should also be able to drop the missions we want completly and start over from zero, just not the current stage as i guess it is now.

What do you think about this suggestions?

If it were unannounced then I'd probably agree with you but as it was announced in April, then extended and they even helped out with specific spawns to aid people in completing missions before the changeover I can't.

We've had plenty of time with the knowledge the day was coming, there has to be point where the cut off happens or they would have had to implement a temporary system (eating up dev time) to allow for just a few to have conditional reward options to then remove it (eating up more dev time).

If it were unannounced then I'd probably agree with you but as it was announced in April, then extended and they even helped out with specific spawns to aid people in completing missions before the changeover I can't.

We've had plenty of time with the knowledge the day was coming, there has to be point where the cut off happens or they would have had to implement a temporary system (eating up dev time) to allow for just a few to have conditional reward options to then remove it (eating up more dev time).

I would agree with you if they had posted what the changes were going to be when the initial message was given about the change coming.

if mission was already started, the rewards should be the old ones... and then if someone wants to start a new mission, let them... imho all iron missions should be repeatable.. would encourage those that have a love for a particular type of critter, etc.

I would agree with you if they had posted what the changes were going to be when the initial message was given about the change coming.

While I can't be bothered looking up the post(s), we were told that the changes would include spreading skill reward out over all the levels. What I inferred from that was that the current skill reward for the 10k would, in most instances, be reduced.

They also stated that attribute rewards would be fewer. Again, to me,this meant, finish those levels for missions in order to get that attriute you want.

As I have been unable to play often since June, I'm not sure if I will finish the krelt mission... something I intended to do before the change. If I don't, well, my fault.

The reality is, many will be happy with the mission changes, many won't be happy....

The point is, being my personal opinion, I think MA has given us ample time to finish the missions we wanted to. Just like everything else in EU, it was rather obvious that the choice to finish a mission, or the choice to wait till mission rebalancing would be a gamble. Some will win, some will lose.

While I can't be bothered looking up the post(s), we were told that the changes would include spreading skill reward out over all the levels. What I inferred from that was that the current skill reward for the 10k would, in most instances, be reduced.

They also stated that attribute rewards would be fewer. Again, to me,this meant, finish those levels for missions in order to get that attriute you want.

As I have been unable to play often since June, I'm not sure if I will finish the krelt mission... something I intended to do before the change. If I don't, well, my fault.

The reality is, many will be happy with the mission changes, many won't be happy....

The point is, being my personal opinion, I think MA has given us ample time to finish the missions we wanted to. Just like everything else in EU, it was rather obvious that the choice to finish a mission, or the choice to wait till mission rebalancing would be a gamble. Some will win, some will lose.

Plenty of time for people with loads of money to dump into EU......:dunce:

(especially hard for players like me with constant bad loot returns even when trying to be eco)

While I wouldn't mind some extra time to finish 1 or two more challenges before the changes I think they did give us ample time and notice that things would change and some would be less of a reward while others may end up being more.

For the most part, I don't think they did that bad of a change with the overall mission setup. I am content.

Let's just see if we can have an update without adding 40 more new bugs and problems :)

I did not have the time to finish the mission during the summer since im working alot more then, i also have had loot return problems since december last year, no matter what i do i loose alot so its not very easy to finish the mission you want then, thats why i would like to be able to choose between old or new rewards and i also think it would be fair to be able to start from zero on the missions we want to do that on, after all it MA that want the rebalanicing not we players!

The point is, being my personal opinion, I think MA has given us ample time to finish the missions we wanted to.

Not if the players in question wanted to finish all of them. Just saying. :)

(Insert "some of" before "the missions" and I agree.)

I did some more comparing now and for me its not that bad since i only have done one 5k mission and that is atrax, i will finish those easily but for many others i guess its far worse, i still think it would be most fair to be able to choose between old a new rewards if you started the mission in the old system and/or beeing able to reset the mission you want so you can do the whole mission in the new system.

imho all iron missions should be repeatable.. would encourage those that have a love for a particular type of critter, etc.
I agree. I wouldn't mind being able to gain Stamina via repeatable Iron Challenge Missions. Good idea :wtg:

Back