The Molisk Mine!

I went out there a couple nights ago. The Sabas do aggro too easy and I just wanted to get out of the LA after a short while as I spent more time killing than mining. Plucking off one here and there is not so bad but there were just so many of them it made it difficult to move about the LA.

well that sure was a damn bad surprise :mad:...grab my gear for a nice mining run..brought some ammo incase i wanted to kill a few molisks..and no armor since it was only lil molisks...and after running all the damn way up there I left after about 2 minutes too pissed off at those stupid sab's aggroing from everywhere...very bad move if u ask me, aint going back anytime soon with those damn things around :mad:

What a shame :rolleyes: I'm coming back from my holidays and I read such a bad news. I'm forced to abandon my favourite mining area :mad: I remember times (not so long time ago) when LA43 was free of tax with good resources. That was the Gold Age. MrTiddles brought us a tax but resources inside the area was still worth of it. Molisks were annoying but still easy to avoid. And now sabas... Sometimes I feel that LA owners (not only MrTiddles) don't understand the idea of miner profession. When I'm mining I'm not hunting. I'm looking for the areas where I can be focused on mining and kill mobs only when I have to (when i.e. mob is sitting directly on my claim). It was difficult enough to get to LA43 through the hordes of sumimas and oculuses, but I had always thought that when I get inside the area I'll be safe and I'll drop my hundreds of bombs in peace. Now the peace is gone. There are big sabas SE of Oshiri, much closer from tp and free of tax, I really don't understand what are they in LA43 for. So I'm sorry to say goodbye to LA43 and I'll be really glad to come back there when all sabas will be gone.

We are very sad to hear all theese complaints, it would be nice to hear some good things about what we have done to LA43. I mean, someone must like it since the income accually has increased...

About taxes on LA43, they are not made by one singel player, MA created this area in late november 2007 and has had tax on it ever since. We, Maddog and MrTiddles, didnt take over this area until may this year.

After standing around in the Molisk Mine this morning, offering miners to clear the way of Sabakumas and Molisks the answear was always: "No, why, they are mine..."

So, once again, we are sorry that we step on some peoples toes and we do wish you the best of luck. Hopefully in our area, and if someone need help to clear the way, just send me a PM!

And to YOU that still hunt and mine in the Molisk Mine, good luck and there are still 5 hours left of the first hunting/mining event in this area!

I don't think I have ever been to your LA - maybe I'll check it out later this week.

It is really true that the LA is awful for miners now..

It was ok when there were only the exaros..

Then I pissed off a little when the molisks came..

Now the sabakumas.. Well haven't been in that LA since :rolleyes:

If you want miners to come to your LA, I say remove the sabakumas..

I like this area a lot, both for mining and hunting. The addition of big Sabas was a plus for me. I like being able to find a bunch of big ones all together. :D

And anyone complaining about tax on an LA just doesn't understand how LA's work. If you don't like paying a little tax, there is plenty of non-taxed land to mine with the same resources as this LA. I think the owners of this LA are doing a nice job.

It was one of my best LAs to mine. I used to do a nice run from Oshiri and back.
Been there when it was fresh LA, I accepted molisks and tax. But I don't accept sabas.

Sorry I am another person to write it, but no.

I do take ammo on my runs, but I don't like to kill 10 mobs to get to the place I wanna drop bomb and kill another 10 to get to my claim.
I have been there one time since you gave those sabas and before I used to see many miners, now it was empty, no people at all.
I am not coming there and I say to miners who don't like to mix mining with shooting - avoid it.

Sorry guys, but you have one of best LAs for miners and you made it not a Molisk Mine but Moria...

lol, turn on the Pvp, I will take care of the rest of the whinners....err, I mean miners :laugh: Put a big hole right through them while the worms keep em busy :laugh:

Theres some nice "safe" land NE of swamp camp but be carefull, theres some foul young about.....

Hmm, this used to be a nice mining area. Sounds not so nice now. :rolleyes:

At least get rid of the saba...

We are very sad to hear all theese complaints, it would be nice to hear some good things about what we have done to LA43. I mean, someone must like it since the income accually has increased...
About taxes on LA43, they are not made by one singel player, MA created this area in late november 2007 and has had tax on it ever since. We, Maddog and MrTiddles, didnt take over this area until may this year.
After standing around in the Molisk Mine this morning, offering miners to clear the way of Sabakumas and Molisks the answear was always: "No, why, they are mine..."
So, once again, we are sorry that we step on some peoples toes and we do wish you the best of luck. Hopefully in our area, and if someone need help to clear the way, just send me a PM!

We, the Whiners, are sad too ;)
Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about tax. 4,5% was really fair price for mining in peace far from sumimas and oculuses. I'm complaining only about sabakumas which actually make mining there not worthy. Your LA is quite small to drop many bombs and now in addition we have to watch out to sabakumas... It sounds like a waste of time.
In the beginning you made some good things in LA43 indeed. Mining contest was a great idea, the shopkeeper is very useful too. You asked people what they think about LA's future. Unfortunately you were listening only those voices who were demanding big mobs and ignored voices of miners. Your next steps were getting worse. Molisks were not a big obstacle, but with relatively low density they were not necessary (not enough good spot to attract hunters and enough for miners to avoid them). And now sabakumas. This is straight signal that you want to make your area exclusively for hunters.
And one more question: how do you want to make this "clearing the way" working? I used to visit your LA every day. Should I from now on write PM to you every time I want to go mining there :)?

Positive feedback

I was up on there today for an hour just standing around talking to whoever past by and only got positive feedback. And this is miners we are talking about... I feel sad that you all think that we have destroyed your miningarea, but hope that you will be back in the future and see that it is a great place to be at.

Thank you for your time and Good luck with whatever you pursue

Great mining area is correct.

I went out during the competition with my 120+103 - no globals but multiple XII, XI and X size mines. NOt only that but the entire area had deposits.

Lots of places to hunt molisk and saba in game - I dont need to make 8 tp jumps to hunt them.

Clear that land area and you could make a killing off the mining - leave it the way it is and see crap revenue from hunting.

Up to you - but your sitting on a gold mine there (phunny huh?) get rid of all thoese usless mobs.

GL !!!!!!

I was up on there today for an hour just standing around talking to whoever past by and only got positive feedback. And this is miners we are talking about...

This is obvious that you got positive feedback, cause miners who don't like sabakumas interrupting their mining and who would give you negative feedback don't go there anymore :rolleyes: You can read their opinions here. You should have asked people around before you introduced big sabas, then you'd have got more objective answers.

I repeat from my side that carrying big amounts of ammo and loot is unacceptable for me when mining. Mining resources are heavy enough and there's far way to the nearest storage... Well, good luck then, I'll pass. Maybe it's the time to explore some new areas. I've read somewhere that M2S have cleared some area from mobs just for miners...

This is obvious that you got positive feedback, cause miners who don't like sabakumas interrupting their mining and who would give you negative feedback don't go there anymore :rolleyes: You can read their opinions here. You should have asked people around before you introduced big sabas, then you'd have got more objective answers.

I repeat from my side that carrying big amounts of ammo and loot is unacceptable for me when mining. Mining resources are heavy enough and there's far way to the nearest storage... Well, good luck then, I'll pass. Maybe it's the time to explore some new areas. I've read somewhere that M2S have cleared some area from mobs just for miners...

I for one am glad there are mobs that are chasing some of these miners out. There are such good resources here that the place was getting over-mined. Why shouldn't resources like Narc, Platinum, Langotz, Typno, Lyta, Solis and Azur be a little bit of a challenge to get? Anybody complaining about Sabas and Molisk :laugh: should just mine for the same resources anywhere outside of this LA; all you will have to deal with there is Oculus, Sumima, large Trilomites :silly2:.

I mean come on, you can cover that whole LA and, if you are smart about it, you will have to spend maybe 15-20 ped ammo on Saba. And there is really no need for armor or fap with them either. And if you really can't handle Saba and those baby Molisk, then you really don't have any business being that far north of Oshiri in the first place. How do you get past the Tsk Tsk, Tezlapod, Oculus, Sumima and Trilomite to get there anyway?? Do you just swim all the way there? :D

What the owners of this LA should keep in mind is that generally in threads like this, those who are happy won't post and those who aren't happy will air their grievances. You can tell if what you are doing is working by your income from the land.

As Molisks are going well for me atm I may pay your LA a little visit

Mining while being chased by a wall of sand pillows is funny :) especially when you forget those are sand pillows and not molisk then stop to dig a claim :) (anyone who doesn't know what i mean by 'orange tide' or 'blue tide' hasn't been near zychion)

And I don't think the Centurio ever hunted Saba stalker before :scratch2: They actually hurt. COuldn't imagine what they'd do to someone with less evade. For those who don't know molisk are min maturity atm

Yeah I went back to the Molisk MIne see how it was going two nights ago, and sad to say I won't be back. The mining was poor (clearly the wrong time in the cycle, since I've HOFed on this LA before)... but the sabas are just too prolific and too annoying. I ran out of ammo LONG before I ran out of bombs, and trying to even find an empty spot to drop one was impossible.

I might still try to get out once in a while if it weren't so far away, but 1) five jumps from a TP + 2) being overrun with annoying mobs = failed cost/benefit analysis.

If you guys ever decide to either wipe the mobs or drop them back to Min spawn, I will pack my kit bag and head back with a quickness!

And I don't think the Centurio ever hunted Saba stalker before :scratch2: They actually hurt. COuldn't imagine what they'd do to someone with less evade. For those who don't know molisk are min maturity atm

LOL, OK so I was exaggerating a bit with the whole no-armor thing! ;) :D

BUT yes, I hunt them here and other places a lot. They treat me very well loot-wise. I take them one or two at a time they really don't do too much armor decay or need too much fapping. And that's with noob guns (S60,etc.) I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

yes the saba are very tough, it's not worth going there for anyone, please stay away, it's for your own good!

Just my opinion, but aren't tehre too many molisks on oshi now? :D lol

If there are too many Molisks then we should slaughter them!

Yey! :yay: This is great! :wtg: I'll stop by ;)

Free hunting event this weekend, take your chance to kill some Molisk young or Sabakuma stalkers and win 100 peds!

Can the LA owner or any nice person post what are the Mobs on the way between the TP and the LA?

Have no TP-Chip (hardcore eco :ahh:) and my little avatar will have to decay his legs on the way...

:laugh:

There are Sumima, Tsk-Tsk, Snarg, Tezlapod and Oculus. With other words, some pretty nasty mobs...

There are Sumima, Tsk-Tsk, Snarg, Tezlapod and Oculus. With other words, some pretty nasty mobs...

Also Trilomite, but they are the least of your worries :laugh:

way up

Can the LA owner or any nice person post what are the Mobs on the way between the TP and the LA?

Have no TP-Chip (hardcore eco :ahh:) and my little avatar will have to decay his legs on the way...

:laugh:

Run along the coast thats the best way to get there if you dont want to use a chip

:cool: I'm intrigued!! I'll see about making the journey up there tonight... :ahh: I hope I remember to stock up on the ME before departing...

Cool, will check it out tonight! Is there a shopkeeper with ME there? been caught out in that LA before and had to run most of the way back!

Back