Tiering... A way for MA to get rid of UnL?

Xirt Tyreel

Provider
Society
Danish Society
Xirt Xiatic Tyreel
Just sat here thinking that isent this tiering thing just a way for MA to get rid of all the UnL items without making people angry by just removing them with a little compensating?

Sure this is a slow method, but in the end, all those people who try tiering will not have a second item anymore. and MA can make everything (L).

Just wondering heh.

IMO it's probably even cleverer than that. Lost items during tiering are returned to the loot pool to be re-looted by some other avatar. That way MA can say "Oh yes, UL items still do drop!" without having to actually release more. In the end it's really just the same UL items cycling around.

A cunning plan indeed... *raises eyebrow and rubs his chin*

No it is a way to be able to drop some of those items that will get lost by tiering again.

Already been loads of discussions about this....

Also, Marco (or some FPC/MA guy) said something about the lost items being put back into loot, to increase UL drop rate...

IMO it's probably even cleverer than that. Lost items during tiering are returned to the loot pool to be re-looted by some other avatar. That way MA can say "Oh yes, UL items still do drop!" without having to actually release more. In the end it's really just the same UL items cycling around.

A cunning plan indeed... *raises eyebrow and rubs his chin*

This is exactly what it is. However I dont think its sinister as is suggested here. I think instead its meant as a remedy to treasure hoarders.

well, its not very good method for either removing or re-dropping unL items since only a few will chance it, and fewer actually lost. I think they had an idea but i cant see what it was or that its working.

well, its not very good method for either removing or re-dropping unL items since only a few will chance it, and fewer actually lost. I think they had an idea but i cant see what it was or that its working.

It is working, believe me :D

Didn't we already cover this in other threads :scratch2: do some searching prior to posting.

what did you loot or lose then?

A SGA enmat extractor.

There have also been reports on EF of a FAP-69 SGA and a ml-35 being lost.

Probably a few more mid-level items as well.

MA has already come out and explained CLEARLY that the tiering process was designed to PERMANATLY REMOVE the UL items from the game. I thought everyone had read all the release notes about this.

No, they are not being "put back into the loot pool", just their ped value is.

The concept of "unlimited items" is in the process of being destroyed via the tireing system and by the people foolish enough to fall for that scam.

It kinda works like this:

"We're MA. We want to cut your throat. It's easier if you just do it for us, so take your knife and cut your own throat please."

This is exactly what it is. However I dont think its sinister as is suggested here. I think instead its meant as a remedy to treasure hoarders.

I did not mean to imply that MindArk consists of evil businessmen with glowing red eyes, who sit around a spotlit table in an otherwise dark room. :wise:

Although you're right. I suppose it did come out a bit more sinister than intended. :silly2:

MA has already come out and explained CLEARLY that the tiering process was designed to PERMANATLY REMOVE the UL items from the game. I thought everyone had read all the release notes about this.

No, they are not being "put back into the loot pool", just their ped value is.

The concept of "unlimited items" is in the process of being destroyed via the tireing system and by the people foolish enough to fall for that scam.

It kinda works like this:

"We're MA. We want to cut your throat. It's easier if you just do it for us, so take your knife and cut your own throat please."

This is this correct? because thats just sad. stop tiering those items guys heh

Already been loads of discussions about this....

Also, Marco (or some FPC/MA guy) said something about the lost items being put back into loot, to increase UL drop rate...

Would be nice to know, where they stated that.
Only official statement I read so far was, that it is meant to decrease the unlimited items.

A SGA enmat extractor.

There have also been reports on EF of a FAP-69 SGA and a ml-35 being lost.

Probably a few more mid-level items as well.

like i say, very few. its early days of course, we'll see.

Can someone please give links to these statements they talk about please.

Can someone please give links to these statements they talk about please.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/174465-item-tiers-enhancers.html

found it:

"By adding the secondary item as an ingredient we also get a drain in the economy concerning unlimited items. Drains are essential to have in the Entropia economy system. With a drain in place we have more ability to adjust the balancing and increase drop rates of unlimited items; something we believe is good for the community as a whole"

:scratch2: Could swear I did not read the "increase drop" part the first time.

ah ye just found it myself. Still seems fishy. anyway sorry for the repost on an old topic i guess :)

hmm but in many years, some items will become tier 5 or 6. and some will be tier 1 ,
the ones we use will be like tier 6 or 7 maybe even 8...
the ones we loot will be like tier 0 ? and then? I think at some time, people wont tier up those fresh looted ones... those will be just used for tier up the existing ones..
and then... hmmm we will have a very weird world or game.

I've just realised that you can't use a tiered up item as second item, thus a tiered item can never be lost in the tiering up process. What does this mean? I'm not exactly sure, but at least it means that if MA are scheming to get rid of all UL items using the tiering system, they'll fail.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/174465-item-tiers-enhancers.html

found it:

"By adding the secondary item as an ingredient we also get a drain in the economy concerning unlimited items. Drains are essential to have in the Entropia economy system. With a drain in place we have more ability to adjust the balancing and increase drop rates of unlimited items; something we believe is good for the community as a whole"

:scratch2: Could swear I did not read the "increase drop" part the first time.

There is nothing in the statement from MA that lost items will be recycled!

There are a couple of ML-35's lost in Tier up attempts (and who knows how many other guns have been lost) and I don't believe for a secon that they will be recycled untill I see proof of these being looted again.

the ones we loot will be like tier 0 ? and then? I think at some time, people wont tier up those fresh looted ones... those will be just used for tier up the existing ones.

How about new players? There will have to be more tiered up items if more players join...

Playerbase grows = amount of items USED needs to be increased

There are a couple of ML-35's lost in Tier up attempts (and who knows how many other guns have been lost) and I don't believe for a secon that they will be recycled untill I see proof of these being looted again.

What, like the ML-35 SGA that was looted just a bit after a normal ML-35 was lost in tiering? :scratch2:

What, like the ML-35 SGA that was looted just a bit after a normal ML-35 was lost in tiering? :scratch2:

With the risk of looking stubborn, it's still not the same gun is it? For all that we know, that could be a glitch in the system, just like ppl were speculating about in the thread. ;)

With the risk of looking stubborn, it's still not the same gun is it? For all that we know, that could be a glitch in the system, just like ppl were speculating about in the thread. ;)

meh, still too early to tell though, IMO, how it works :)

wait a few months more... people are tiering up stuff, so stuff should drop :silly2:

meh, still too early to tell though, IMO, how it works :)

wait a few months more... people are tiering up stuff, so stuff should drop :silly2:

Why wait ?!
TT still has an unlimited flow of recycled stuff :D

Yes... that's their plan... Actually, it's even sneakier than that... The tierer gets residue back... which enters the crafting system... and makes all those globals appear, making it look like magical money is falling from the sky when it's really falling out of our wallets.

Yes... that's their plan... Actually, it's even sneakier than that... The tierer gets residue back... which enters the crafting system... and makes all those globals appear, making it look like magical money is falling from the sky when it's really falling out of our wallets.

Residue added when crafting is *not* triggering a global.

As for items permanently lost I think that apples to SGA items - that a lost SGA item will never be looted again (with exception of a few specified armor parts that didn't drop during end of SGA).

As for the actual drop of ML-35's; the trend has been moving items to the biggest mobs ingame (Gauss HMV from beacocn mission to Mulmun Elite, Foreipper Atrax Young -> Atrax Stalker -> Atrox Stalker, Mod merc Goki -> Spider Stalker), so maybe MA will save them for something like the Mulcibers at an event spawn rather than dropping them from a regular Atrax.

The thing that makes tiering-up hard, especially if you're a mid level player with a limited amount of PEDs, is to get the second item need - if it's availible at all.

On the other hand, tier-in up becomes relatively hard quickly at higher levels. If I understand it right it starts to be relatively risky at level 3, and 4 is for the true enthusiasts.

When it comes to "tiering up" (L) weapons I guess we all know by now the tier values, what they mean; average values around 100 means it's pretty hard to get it up to "uber levels"; you need to be real lycky to find an item with good values to have a chance of bringing up an (L) item to higher values.

It took half the TT of my (L) umbra whip to get it to tier 1.0... :( (It sucks of course since they are practially impossible to get a new one of the day it breaks.)

Last edited:
Hummm ... no problems with this tier BS. I use UL-items only. I don't use L-items. Once when I will be able to use the Genesis Rainbow Sword (L) (will take me 8 or 10 weeks ... ~ Champion Swordsman) I will probably use it ... not sure about ... we will see. But this will be the only L-item I'll use. All my UL-stuff will stick at 0.9 tier over the time. I don't need enhancers. I'm good in my profession without enhancers so far. Did anyone else kill an Atrox Prowler in Boar +5B with a Katsuichi Determination?

Hummm ... no problems with this tier BS. I use UL-items only. I don't use L-items. Once when I will be able to use the Genesis Rainbow Sword (L) (will take me 8 or 10 weeks ... ~ Champion Swordsman) I will probably use it ... not sure about ... we will see. But this will be the only L-item I'll use. All my UL-stuff will stick at 0.9 tier over the time. I don't need enhancers. I'm good in my profession without enhancers so far. Did anyone else kill an Atrox Prowler in Boar +5B with a Katsuichi Determination?

Problem with (L) swords is that they are either
(1) Too high markup to be practically useable
(2) Rare - there can go weeks without seeing a sulfury on auction
(3) They require too much skills (and when you've gained skills to use it other people has aswell so it changes to category 2 above)
(4) Enormous TT, and when crafting them yourself you need metal/energy residue which costs 110% (oil residue or tailoring remnants won't work)

I have used sulfury when I've been able to get them for an ok price. I've hunted scaboreas without getting a sword from them.

As for tiering, the sulfurys I've used has typically reached just above tier 2 before they were ready for the TT.

Back