Tiering... A way for MA to get rid of UnL?

No, but...

Marco has stated that there is a long term role for both L and UL items, and introducing a tiering system that allows UL items to be improved (and yes, sometimes lost) fits with that far better than tinfoil conspiracy theories about eliminating all UL gear.

But, more interesting to me is this: should we expect to know if something really big is lost?

If something like a MM gets eaten during tiering and every knows about it, many will choose to go hunting for it on the assumption that it could drop again.

Why advertise that your MM fell in the 'loot pool'? The less who know, the less competition to try and loot it back again.

:beerchug:

Miles

Hummm ... no problems with this tier BS. I use UL-items only. I don't use L-items. Once when I will be able to use the Genesis Rainbow Sword (L) (will take me 8 or 10 weeks ... ~ Champion Swordsman) I will probably use it ... not sure about ... we will see. But this will be the only L-item I'll use. All my UL-stuff will stick at 0.9 tier over the time. I don't need enhancers. I'm good in my profession without enhancers so far. Did anyone else kill an Atrox Prowler in Boar +5B with a Katsuichi Determination?

Yes, Grand Master "Wildman Lee" can he is the current General of my Alpha WildD3amons.

Already been loads of discussions about this....

Also, Marco (or some FPC/MA guy) said something about the lost items being put back into loot, to increase UL drop rate...

Here is hoping I loot an Ul item someone else lost while tiering:cool:

Moohaahaaahaaa:bandit:

Here is hoping I loot an Ul item someone else lost while tiering
Maybe you'll loot a tier 1 opalo that someone lost when they tried to make it tier 2, lol. Be careful what you wish for... ;)

Maybe you'll loot a tier 1 opalo that someone lost when they tried to make it tier 2, lol. Be careful what you wish for... ;)

You don't lose the item you are trying to tier (so you won't be losing something that has already been tiered up), you lose the secondary item, of which I'd recommend using a tier 0 item.

You don't lose the item you are trying to tier (so you won't be losing something that has already been tiered up), you lose the secondary item, of which I'd recommend using a tier 0 item.

LMAO if someone uses a tier5 item to upgrade another item to tier1 and loses the tier5 item:laugh::laugh::laugh:

With my luck I will prob loot a tier10 piece of dung:laugh::laugh:

LMAO if someone uses a tier5 item to upgrade another item to tier1 and loses the tier5 item:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That can be a problem in the future for rare:ish items: Noone will want to sacrifice their "tier n" weapon to allow someone to tier up their tier 0.9.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. you can't use an item with a tier higher than .9 as a secondary item. Should I be wrong, the system is bugged, because I got a message specifically telling me just that.

Been playing for some years now, and MA must be out of their minds, if they think of me putting a ML-35 or some Angel part or whatever UL into Tier and get residue in loot after a Tier upgrade. NEVER going too happened! Better MA rob me of my stuff, since they own all the pixels anyway.

I know, I’m ol’ fashioned and use a lot of UL (since MA provided with UL at the time, good stuff too). So, “Refuse Tier”. Just a way of MA to implement their strategy “by adding the secondary item as an ingredient we also get a drain in the economy concerning unlimited items. Drains are essential to have in the Entropia economy system. With a drain in place we have more ability to adjust the balancing and increase drop rates of unlimited items; something we believe is good for the community as a whole."

I don’t want to be part of that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. you can't use an item with a tier higher than .9 as a secondary item. Should I be wrong, the system is bugged, because I got a message specifically telling me just that.

So you got this message when you tried to add a tiered item as the secondary item? What did it say exactly? Are you sure it wasn't just a warning like the one you get when you put a tiered item in the TT window?

Problem with (L) swords is that they are either
(1) Too high markup to be practically useable
(2) Rare - there can go weeks without seeing a sulfury on auction
(3) They require too much skills (and when you've gained skills to use it other people has aswell so it changes to category 2 above)
(4) Enormous TT, and when crafting them yourself you need metal/energy residue which costs 110% (oil residue or tailoring remnants won't work)

I have used sulfury when I've been able to get them for an ok price. I've hunted scaboreas without getting a sword from them.

As for tiering, the sulfurys I've used has typically reached just above tier 2 before they were ready for the TT.

The trick at Rainbow (L) is: it is usually available for a MU of 101 - 103% ... so far. I will test the costs generated by it's good damage. The skills will be here in near future. But I agree with the high TT. We will see :D

Edit: I still say and will ever do: there is no really need for L-items and no need to enhance the current weapons ... at least for me. L-items and tiering up is just a good method for MA to flush some additional money to their account.

Last edited:
I try to look from the bright side - This is an way (at a possibly high cost) to increase the power of the UL weapon that you love.

But yeah, of course items will be lost =(

I try to look from the bright side - This is an way (at a possibly high cost) to increase the power of the UL weapon that you love.

But yeah, of course items will be lost =(

... and the enhancers will break "randomly" and - I'm afraid - quick. I tested an enhancer at my Determination (tier 1.9) ... no effect ... it was broke after using 18% of the sword ... and I paid ~50 PED for this f****n enhancer at that time :mad:

Just sat here thinking that isent this tiering thing just a way for MA to get rid of all the UnL items without making people angry by just removing them with a little compensating?

Sure this is a slow method, but in the end, all those people who try tiering will not have a second item anymore. and MA can make everything (L).

Just wondering heh.

As I understand the loot pool items are not destroyed UL items lost by way of TT or tearing are returned to the pool. I don't know what to say with the sga items that dropped and where they fit in this, though its possible we will see them drop again in the future from this.

for almost all players there is a sib weapon that operates at a greater eco then ul items for players who are not level 100. L killed UL for almost every player except where great range is wanted.

My opinion is: L-items and tier upgrade is great for players with a horizon of a genuflecting ant

Edit: I can anticipate a ban soon ... nevertheless I will say the truth: MA is exploiting us by dedicated methods

Last edited:
My opinion is: L-items and tier upgrade is great for players with a horizon of a genuflecting ant

Edit: I can anticipate a ban soon ... nevertheless I will say the truth: MA is exploiting us by dedicated methods

What the hell is a genuflecting ant?! :scratch2:

So you got this message when you tried to add a tiered item as the secondary item? What did it say exactly? Are you sure it wasn't just a warning like the one you get when you put a tiered item in the TT window?

Yes I got this message and I tried several times to treat it as a warning, with no result. In fact, I'm so sure that I'll guarantee any item (no higher than 4 digits PED. I'm not a millionaire) you may use to test this.

I must say that I'm pretty pissed about this because it makes it a lot harder to skill. I personally bought a few mux-1 powerfists because they tier up really fast and I though that I could just use one to tier up the other until I lost one, in which case I could just buy another. tt+5 is not a fortune, but I learned quite fast that this was not the way things worked.

Settle down boys, as MA states, this is only done so MA can control the amount of UnL items.. riiiiight.

Obviously this is implemented to get rid of "some" of the UnL items, so none of those items you guys broke will get back in the loot until MA is satisfied with the amount of UnL stuff.

Nothing were wrong with the system before (L).

Money makes people wanna make more of them. that includes MA.

And just to jump on a second topic.
Can we get a god damn respond on:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...op-being-totally-incompetent.html#post2319914

Thank you very much.

Now lets get online to get screwed even more.

Back