To exterminate Caperons or not ?

Status

xXSqUaLLXx

Prowler
Society
Mine To Extract
xXSqUaLLXx
So I have been thinking to be putting to death Caperons totally, but since there aint any other spawn currently, natural spawn been gone for long apparently, it is hard to make such choices.

I sent a support to MA about it, but they dont want to tell me if they will put it back if i kill it.
In the end it's a stupid mob barely wanted for sure, but still people kill a few here and there.

I had 3 DNa of it, and kept one since i got the dome, but i would really like to kill them totally.

Any opinions about it ? should I or shouldnt I ? :scratch2:

ps:i wont do a poll since its not "representative" usually

Last edited:
Between the actions of FPC and La owners, we'll be down to only 4-8 mobs to hunt on all of Calypso soon.

You have a monopoly on a mob. Keep it.

Between the actions of FPC and La owners, we'll be down to only 4-8 mobs to hunt on all of Calypso soon.

You have a monopoly on a mob. Keep it.

What do u mean by the actions of FPC and La owners? I am curious about your views.
I got a monopoly on it i guess.. but its not more good than having a monopoly on something no one want to use, with maybe hopes mission get in for it.. but in the end I want to make most my domes miner friendly not hunters so mission or not it dont change anything to me, and since soon FOMA is gonna rename CND and that i will rename my domes aswell, i will prolly make some interesting event for miners after it.
So i dont know, I dont mind about monopoly, just dont want to put it to death just like that without asking in defense of the rare aliens species unique and in respect of people.. I'd like to hear about miners view and actual players, aswell as caperons hunter that seem very rare anyway, maturity high or low, taxes low or high aswell, it doesnt change anything.

Last edited:
Please keep it... I hate to see unique dna go away.

What do u mean by the actions of FPC and La owners? I am curious about your views.

Short version: There's been a long history of LA owners destroying DNAs, and MA/FPC removing/reducing other mobs for various reasons. If you want, I can site specific examples, but I'm sure you know many of the stories just as well as I do.

Yes, we've also received new mobs, but losing the older ones is still sad.

Short version: There's been a long history of LA owners destroying DNAs, and MA/FPC removing/reducing other mobs for various reasons. If you want, I can site specific examples, but I'm sure you know many of the stories just as well as I do.

Yes, we've also received new mobs, but losing the older ones is still sad.

Ok, but it doesnt change the fact no one really cared about them apart in Sga times or when forced to kill them while mining as i used to aswell, at least from what i know at this point.I didnt like it :p but got many globals out of them too being forced to kill so i can drop more.

Kill them. Either FPC creates a nuatural spawn of them or they will die. Noone cares anway when they are gone. Make e few reminder screens before and create a RIP Caperon thread.

I got a monopoly on it i guess.. but its not more good than having a monopoly on something no one want to use, with maybe hopes mission get in for it.. but in the end I want to make most my domes miner friendly not hunters so mission or not it dont change anything to me, and since soon FOMA is gonna rename CND and that i will rename my domes aswell, i will prolly make some interesting event for miners after it.
So i dont know, I dont mind about monopoly, just dont want to put it to death just like that without asking in defense of the rare aliens species unique and in respect of people.. I'd like to hear about miners view and actual players, aswell as caperons hunter that seem very rare anyway, maturity high or low, taxes low or high aswell, it doesnt change anything.

My guess that they arent hunted as much as they should because of the trip to the astroid where your actions is limited. (Auction fees get higher for buyers etc.) My gues is that if this DNA would make it to "Calypso" you would see a change in caperons beeing hunted.
Atleast I would start hunt them if they came down here. (Dont really know how the DNA stuff works, But I hope that you are able to take a DNA out of a LA to put it in another. If not you should be imo)

Good luck up there

/Nixon

My guess that they arent hunted as much as they should because of the trip to the astroid where your actions is limited. (Auction fees get higher for buyers etc.) My gues is that if this DNA would make it to "Calypso" you would see a change in caperons beeing hunted.
Atleast I would start hunt them if they came down here. (Dont really know how the DNA stuff works, But I hope that you are able to take a DNA out of a LA to put it in another. If not you should be imo)

Good luck up there

/Nixon
Yea thats what i thought too, actually i asked Ma if they could drop dna after i kill it, I gave them many options, telling them that anyway its all a win win scenario for them and that it might become popular on the planet too, and in the end they only said "we cannot reveal futures plan" :p

And no, u cant remove it of course, otherwise id have done just that, and buying a LA to put it on calypso most likely in the end, it would have been too easy.

Killing them makes you (in)famous for 1st person to make a creature extinct in Entropia. Mindark / FPC can then decide whether to drop bits of one in loot or not. They also have the option of just plopping them down somewhere on Eudoria of course.

Totally your call and if its not making you enough money there's your reason for doing it, although I'd vote against doing it.

Joe,

If you really ask the question to a miner ...
Before thinking to exterminate caperons in dome 6 you should 1st think to exterminate the current tax rate :eek:

Killing them makes you (in)famous for 1st person to make a creature extinct in Entropia. Mindark can then decide whether to drop bits of one in loot or not. They also have the option of just plopping them down somewhere on Eudoria of course.

Totally your call and if its not making you enough money there's your reason for doing it, although I'd vote against doing it.

I dont do things to get famous or unfamous, just what I feel is a good reason, i dont really mind much about it.
My dome do good, but those creatures are really not used, too much aggro too, and while its not a big problem, its badder than allophyl i got in other dome easy to kill for anyone and not especially aggro, or low ambulimax too aswell as longu or molisk small mat/numbers, and if i killed them it would be better on all aspects aswell as return wise of course.

I am sure they would come back anyway but still, who knows.

Joe,

If you really ask the question to a miner ...
Before thinking to exterminate caperons in dome 6 you should 1st think to exterminate the current tax rate :eek:

U mean putting lower than 2.99% hunting taxes or maybe putting also 2.99% mining in dome? I am not yet to the point of doing a charity investment/ work no, and frankly I'd rather do something better than lowering taxes in a dome when i can do such thing. but thx for your input :p

Last edited:
Please keep it... I hate to see unique dna go away.

Unique, yeah....but apaarently so shitty that nobody really wastes time hunting them. :laugh:

I normally say keep the unique DNA....but if I were Squall and actually looking at what's more advantageous to his business, I suppose i'd can them...lol

GL with this thread mate...:silly2: :laugh:

I imagine it will likely wind up as usual...Miner vs Hunters...;)

U mean putting lower than 1.99% hunting taxes or maybe putting also 1.99% mining in dome? I am not yet to the point of doing a charity investment/ work no, but thx for your input :p

Hunting taxes are not a problem as nobody hunts them.
Mining taxes @ 1.99 would of course be perfect and as you said it's not a charity investment, I'm used to mine on CND so i'm used to taxes but there is still a margin to find inbetween. Unless you bought the domes to make them your private mining ground ... if so just put the tax to 10% and it will be all cleared.

Hunting taxes are not a problem as nobody hunts them.
Mining taxes @ 1.99 would of course be perfect and as you said it's not a charity investment, I'm used to mine on CND so i'm used to taxes but there is still a margin to find inbetween. Unless you bought the domes to make them your private mining ground ... if so just put the tax to 10% and it will be all cleared.

Actually when i was mining heavily dome15, and that all of sudden everyone pop up near me to mine while iam using big amp 10hour + a day, i had this thought of putting 10% for a while but didnt ;)

Yes its not a charity investment and nobody had the same chance than Neverdie in the first place not to add that i wasnt favored with my 4 domes buy, and i had also lower taxes, but i dont wanna feel like a moron in the story when i see some people having gotten dome at price average that i only got when i had purchased 4 and been putting taxes up as soon as they got it from 4.9 to 5.5 that is, which i had two at this state for long too and other 5.5 as it was already to talk about it mining wise.
Which in the end is the same that it ever was through time mostly where i also used to mine and pay 10k ped + in taxes alone here and there a month of mining up after all i didnt got domes all of a sudden and been here past 4 years every single day and made some choices of lifestyle, but i didnt talked much about it, it was good as it was.

So anyway, what about Caperons ?

Last edited:
I'd vote no on killing them off. As you said, MA states they cannot reveal future plans, and if you were to kill them off, and they actually had came out with a mission for them...DOH! :duh: If this were to happen, then you'd get a higher return with hunters killing off thousands of these just to complete missions.

I do, however, see your view on mining. I like going to CND just to mine, and the occasional mob you have to detour around is a pain in the a**, so you'd most likely get a higher return from mining if it was empty (I know I'd be in there).

Would be nice they introduced cages for dome mobs that you can lock them in for mining events that you want to do. Or even just for the sake of keeping the DNA and having a mining dome.

Your choice....get a higher return from a mining dome and kill off the spawn, or wait and see what future plans MA (FPC?) has for caperon. I'd choose to keep the mob just for the sake of being the only one that has it (sounds like that's the case, but wasn't there a spawn on Amethera? I've been gone for a while and don't know if it's still there).

I'd vote no on killing them off. As you said, MA states they cannot reveal future plans, and if you were to kill them off, and they actually had came out with a mission for them...DOH! :duh: If this were to happen, then you'd get a higher return with hunters killing off thousands of these just to complete missions.

I do, however, see your view on mining. I like going to CND just to mine, and the occasional mob you have to detour around is a pain in the a**, so you'd most likely get a higher return from mining if it was empty (I know I'd be in there).

Would be nice they introduced cages for dome mobs that you can lock them in for mining events that you want to do. Or even just for the sake of keeping the DNA and having a mining dome.

Your choice....get a higher return from a mining dome and kill off the spawn, or wait and see what future plans MA (FPC?) has for caperon. I'd choose to keep the mob just for the sake of being the only one that has it (sounds like that's the case, but wasn't there a spawn on Amethera? I've been gone for a while and don't know if it's still there).

The problem too is that even if missions come, i wouldnt up numbers of mobs. I dont want them around.
I always dreamt about getting domes easier and easier to mine in, and not having to keep huge mob trains and forced to make my way through, but that is a miner view in itself too, and lot of years of suffering that make me say that :p
So like u say, for miners its better without than with mostly and the reality is that apart of dasp, its a miner world only and imo meant to be that way.
The cage idea would be great yea.. or being able to spawn mobs locked on special coords that u choose yea, that would make things easier to want to keep such mob as Caperon.
Before Ce2 i think there were a spawn in snowland ground, now i have no idea.

Tabby and Joker hunt's them. Who knows. Make some events up there, maybe ppl will come more often. But i agree with you and MA should let you change the LA for them. Being unique DNA its not right. And if they decide to drop their DNA, would not be cool aswell.

I vote keep them!

Kill them !

Then make a new thread here under suggestions titled, "Suggestion place Caperon DNA in loot petition" and in this petition make a suggestion for FPC to place Caperon DNA in loot so that landowners who want a unique mob are able to have it and will give hunters something to do...

This way everyone wins. You have the perfect mining LA. FPC get something useful to do. Other LA owners have a chance of acquiring unique DNA. Hunters have something interesting to loot. It's just a win win win situation...

Tabby and Joker hunt's them. Who knows. Make some events up there, maybe ppl will come more often. But i agree with you and MA should let you change the LA for them. Being unique DNA its not right. And if they decide to drop their DNA, would not be cool aswell.

I vote keep them!

I would love to see a drop of them as i speak, it would make things easier :)

Kill them !

Then make a new thread here under suggestions titled, "Suggestion place Caperon DNA in loot petition" and in this petition make a suggestion for FPC to place Caperon DNA in loot so that landowners who want a unique mob are able to have it and will give hunters something to do...

This way everyone wins. You have the perfect mining LA. FPC get something useful to do. Other LA owners have a chance of acquiring unique DNA. Hunters have something interesting to loot. It's just a win win win situation...
It's actually what i told them, in the end dropping dna part of caperon will be exciting for miners/hunters to loot, which in the end make more money get in, player paid money, and in the end someone will want it and put it on his land which will works much better than on cnd.
only win situation for MA.But they still cant reveal future plans pff :p
So if u see it Mindark, id be happy to see some caperon part being discovered, no regret.

Last edited:
hunted the mob a little never really cared for it. on part of taxes on cnd I wont be back till they are in the 2% range. Other then that will be up for a unique mob here and there in a team hunt.

It's actually what i told them, in the end dropping dna part of caperon will be exiting for miners/hunters to loot, which in the end make more money get in, player paid money, and in the end someone will want it and put it on his land.only win situation for MA.But they still cant reveal future plans pff :p So if u see it Mindark, id be happy to see some caperon part being discovered, no regret.

You can't tell them before doing it :duh: That's how sensible people do it.

You have to first destroy the DNA and then make the thread like I suggested only then they may listen...

Put them to Stalker maturity, medium density and make a couple events for them - easy to do cos your dome is the only place with caperons ;)

At Stalker, they will drop plenty of items, and I'm sure you'll get more Caperon hunters if someone gets an UL modlr32 or some senti gloves :)

But yeah, don't kill them, as you'll be gutted if MA make an iron challenge or put some uber item in their droplist - which isn't unlikely, as they have high min hp (1k) and high min dmg (110).

I am strongly against destroying a unique mob - that would be ecological vandalism :wise:

However the problem stems from the Calypso spawn being removed. It should be reinstated. The only reason I can think of why it was removed in the first place is to give the benefit of a unique mob to the dome owner, and as we can see from this thread, the current owner does not want that.

One good option would be to put the DNA in a landgrab LA, as part of a general restructuring of landgrab mobs.

So for now, don't kill them.

FPC, give us a Caperon landgrab LA and then Squall can safely destroy his DNA!

You have a monopoly on a mob and all you can think of is kill it?
I think your move of tt'ing the OA105 was smart compared to this (no insult intended, just think man).
Sure maybe none is hunting them atm, that should indeed make you change something, but kill them? Really?
Think events, give an incentive, do something to make people hunt them. Hell, pay me to hunt them for you (you can have loot if you give me some %), if they start dropping globals, hofs, items, people will be in line.

Possible solution:

Talk to Foma about trading that dome for one of his more miner-friendly ones. He gets the unique DNA and you get happy miners.

win-win

Possible solution:

Talk to Foma about trading that dome for one of his more miner-friendly ones. He gets the unique DNA and you get happy miners.

win-win

Hmmm there ya go...trade 6 for 12 then exterminate those damn neconu. :D

Status
Back