To exterminate Caperons or not ?

Status
Says one of the people who owns a miner only LA. ;) (Yes i'm aware it wasn't you that emptied the DNA. but you benefit from the fact it was emptied out....i'm just sayin...) :laugh:

Why should Squall be responsible to be the keeper of this DNA? Its his dome, purchased with his money...Obviously he feels he can improve the dome by removing the last DNA left. I'd say the ball is in FPC's court...it's their call whether it stays extinct or not. They have the power to drop dna parts. Put a DNA on a land grab area (I like that idea Oleg :) ) or put spawns anywhere on the planet...Heck they extingusihed the planet spawn and never checked with anyone first. :D
I kinda think Squall already has basically made up his mind...but checking to see if anyone can come up with 1 good reason not too...I hav'nt seen 1 yet...:laugh:

Personally I would have pulled all the dna shortly after i got the deed if it were me... :laugh:

Yea, i think it sums it up pretty much, i have hard time to feel good reasons from the attempts made to tell me "not to kill it" and didnt expect much from it apart of maybe getting the eureka idea, and at worse making it known that it needs to be dropped to build fresh Caperons Dna by making this initial thread about them.
And for sure when i kill it, it will come back some ways or another anyway, i mean, there is money to be generated from it for MA/FPC, so its prolly a "priority" on list too :p..I'll see what i'll do later.

And for sure when i kill it, it will come back some ways or another anyway, i mean, there is money to be generated from it for MA/FPC, so its prolly a "priority" on list too :p..I'll see what i'll do later.

Yes, yes, much like Calamusoid femals and males came back, much like Kerberos came back, or much like items only those mobs looted got reassigned to some other mob. Well ... they didn't. The items don't loot any more.

But whatever. You seem to have made up your mind.

My opinion:

Decreasing the tax 0,5% would almost for sure be more appreciated by the miners that the removal of an unique mob very low density spawn.
Also would probably increase the number of them choosing that dome instead of another one (I doubt that this dome by itself can make people decide to go mining to CND).

Lower tax encourages people to try that dome a few more times than they would otherwise which in turn might increase the overall output to the onwer.

The hunters won't go there with such low densities, so if the position is to please the miners set the hunting tax to 0,01%
(the subliminal message people get is the owner of the dome understands that killing mobs isn't what they came there for so he doesn't want to increase the miners expenses).

If you decide to terminate the existance of Caperon then do a great event yourself.

The only way I see you have a significative profit from that DNA is in the case where MA decides that the extraction of DNA from the fertilizer station is possible afterall (with possible minor tweaks, like adding a few uncommon stuff).
I doubt very much that such situation will happen in the next 2 years.

You have to look at potential gain versus potential loss so I think the question you need to ask is how many miners avoid the dome due to the Caperon spawn.

If its enough to justify destroying a unique mob then go ahead.

But if most say they still mine the dome then you gain very little if anything but potentially lose a healthy income if MA does make Caperon a mission mob or DNA removable with out destroying it.

As it is now you have something that no one else in EU has and that has pretty much always meant $$,maybe it doesnt today but thats not to say it wont tomorrow but once its gone thats it,You will never have it again.

So for me I would want to be gaining a hell of a lot to throw that opportunity away.

So how much could you gain by throwing it away?
How much could you gain by keeping it?

Yes, yes, much like Calamusoid femals and males came back, much like Kerberos came back, or much like items only those mobs looted got reassigned to some other mob. Well ... they didn't. The items don't loot any more.

But whatever. You seem to have made up your mind.

is it that much life changing assuming they dont come back ?what is so good about loot those mobs had that "didnt got reassigned", and what is so good about caperon currently apart of sga sentinel gloves in sga times ?

i don't mine cnd so maybe my opinion don't matter but other than dasp seriously who hunts on cnd? its really a mining place. but with a special dna you have to consider maybe it better to keep for future. could be a mission on it one day or something. maybe set to lowest maturity and low density spawn. it would hurt your bottom line some but who knows what the future holds.

i certainly dont want hunters hunting more caperon for free in a miner dome, and giving some respawn surprise unwanted for everyone mining constantly on their path, so putting 0% taxes is not to my advantage.

if caperon were higher in ammount/mat and even good taxes, surely this wouldnt change the fact they would still not be hunted much and in the end also lower potential income yea, cause its not a popular mob as i understand and never will.

I plan to do events bringing together my 4 domes, mining events, surely caperon is the baddest thing around compared to what i got in other domes too, peacefull creature/less aggro, easier to handle for most.

I dont look at what i could get from dna if i was to resell it, its not how u look at things, of course i have no point killing more than allophyl dna i killed (coz i left only one dna actually on 3, or exterminated atrax dna in 15 because they are annoying aggro creatures pissing off most miners, aswell as one longu dna as recall),
but i still want to leave few mobs easy and peacefull that some people also want to shoot too, keeping a little diversity of mobs up there for whoever want to shoot some stuff aslong as they are ether easy creatures, or .

My view initially was to kill it, make it a better dome coz the truth is that even if there is not much caperon anymore it is one of the hardest dome to mine in still, and more annoying to kill a caperon than an allophyl longu molisk or ambulimax even for most people.
i dont mine this dome much aswell because caperon piss me off as it is when i mined last months, and i am not back to noob either hunting wise, decent hp, and decent guns too + fap and also my own dome yea.

Lowering taxes is not something that help if u talk about income, actually i guess whoever really owns the dome4 atm minken or "new dude" will prolly do way better than if he had 3 4 or 5% simply coz there is enough space and time to mine in there and that 0.5% doeesnt change the world either when talking about lowering taxes,cnd prolly got a window of at least 3 times more turnover possible should it get more people mining.
And that there is advantages for miner to have 10% too, and ofc it requires less people mining to get the same as a owner view, but it is surely lame to put 10% unless u have something too good markup wise, would it be better if i had 10% ? no doubt about it.

In the end i value the domes for what it is, a miner world not for a supposed value of unique dna no one want to kill, and if it is possible to extract dna in future then too bad, i didnt buy it for that in the first place to sum up a little bit.

And yea, it sure set people off mining in there since its not a bad dome, but figure i get and things i know about it talk by itself too.

And about the cornundacauda exemple... i could easily give u an exemple of unique mob crap then too that also dropped some uber stuff once in a lifetime, well i think, but anyway its the same point, if u take caperon as exemple to keep because it once dropped a pair of sentinel gloves SGA, i dont really see the argument in there.

Not much more to add, thx for the inputs, i'll figure about it, and if some of u land owners believe caperon is amazing and want it, feel free to pm me to talk about it if some interesting trade are possible and i'll be happy to see u save an unique alien species.

ps: everythings is set at the lowest numbers/mat in every of my domes already.

Last edited:
"I dont look at what i could get from dna if i was to resell it"

"In the end i value the domes for what it is"

Of course I understand this point of view but just purely from a business point of view I couldn't ignore the 'bigger picture'.

What you own potentially has two parts of value,the Dome and the spawn that no one else has.
At this stage they are a package deal but who is to say they cant be split at some point down the track.
If that happens you could be flushing away a nice chunk of peds.
Thats what would be stopping me from destroying the DNA.

The Neconu dome was cut down to min mat/min spawn and you could only find 3 or 4 in there at any one time so has the Caperon spawn been hunted down since the spawn quantity was changed?

I haven't been to the spawn for a while but it seems strange that there would be very many at all on minimum spawn.
Perhaps a support case to MA first to see if amount spawning in the dome is correct.

My opinion:

Decreasing the tax 0,5% would almost for sure be more appreciated by the miners that the removal of an unique mob very low density spawn.

:wise:
But it seems it's Off topic

is it that much life changing assuming they dont come back ?what is so good about loot those mobs had that "didnt got reassigned", and what is so good about caperon currently apart of sga sentinel gloves in sga times ?

What do you consider life changing?

Jeff, killing off a unique DNA seems like a waste to me. Why not auction it off to interested parties? I'll make you a 1k PED startbid for it. If you mean "TT it" when you say "Kill it off", then you'd actually have a business reason now not to kill it off.

Jeff, killing off a unique DNA seems like a waste to me. Why not auction it off to interested parties? I'll make you a 1k PED startbid for it. If you mean "TT it" when you say "Kill it off", then you'd actually have a business reason now not to kill it off.

It can't be removed and sold. only destroyed.

frenchman... do it already why open a thread if you already made up your mind... everyone tells you dont do it... but u at length defend why you want to do it... shit just destroy them already... move on

This happen in my dome when i extreminate the fungoids...
I do a poll and in final i conclude same like i see squallz thinking... All the people talk to dont extreminat the moobs but nobody hunt them ...

This happen in my dome when i extreminate the fungoids...
I do a poll and in final i conclude same like i see squallz thinking... All the people talk to dont extreminat the moobs but nobody hunt them ...

Well, fungoids are a shit mob that is available on Calypso. Not the same situation.

Well, fungoids are a shit mob that is available on Calypso. Not the same situation.

exactly my thought... i would definatly say good decision on doing away with fungoids... but caperions would be silly... oh well in the end it is not our decision... just do it already :)

Kill them off, when they are gone. MA will for sure reintroduce them. If someone killed the falx spawn, hogglo, furior.. etc.. and MA was planning an event, or items to drop from them. They will for sure put the, back.
If its a crappy mob, and MA are not planning to drop anything from them, we are just better of :)

Says one of the people who owns a miner only LA. ;) (Yes i'm aware it wasn't you that emptied the DNA. but you benefit from the fact it was emptied out....i'm just sayin...) :laugh:

Why should Squall be responsible to be the keeper of this DNA? Its his dome, purchased with his money...Obviously he feels he can improve the dome by removing the last DNA left. I'd say the ball is in FPC's court...it's their call whether it stays extinct or not. They have the power to drop dna parts. Put a DNA on a land grab area (I like that idea Oleg :) ) or put spawns anywhere on the planet...Heck they extingusihed the planet spawn and never checked with anyone first. :D
I kinda think Squall already has basically made up his mind...but checking to see if anyone can come up with 1 good reason not too...I hav'nt seen 1 yet...:laugh:

Personally I would have pulled all the dna shortly after i got the deed if it were me... :laugh:

True, LA45 is mining only and I'm using it that way because it is an very good, even excellent mining area.
Maybe the same is true for dome4 ? I suppose it is.

Another reason why it is mining only is the absence of DNA on the market which makes sense to put.
The real question is perhaps if I would put caperon ... I don't think so ... so I guess I should change my initial post ;)

And with that in mind I can understand you want to get rid of them, especially as they are quite aggressive I remember.

Gl and my you make the right though choice !

Atami

I'm still the owner of Dome 4 CND. Whatever I do people get mad at me, and the travel fees is killing the fun. Recently I let my brother claim the dome and do whatever he wants with it, personally I don't give a fuck about the dome anymore. I'll sell it when the time is ready.

A little woozey on cold medicine at the moment, and while enjoying some of the 'new' I'm also missing a lot of the 'old' as I've accepted this is no longer the same game in so many ways and never will be again. Seems you have made up your mind already, you are a miner and dome owner, but many of us remember the rock as a lot more than just a place to mine. It is completely your choice of course, but as a business decision I could never contemplate destroying a unique spawn, and from a community perspective it would be a shame to see the destruction of a unique mob without at least a promise from MA/FPC it will be returned elsewhere.

Do what you have to do for your investment, but remember fondly the only mob in PE ( to me anyway) that actually seemed so very 'sci fi' (ala war of the worlds).

Ancient fun times:

cap2.jpg

how about setting numbers to minimum & not using fertilizer, what result would that give?

I had 3 DNa of it, and kept one since i got the dome, but i would really like to kill them totally.

Wait. Are you saying you already destroyed 2 out of 3 of the unique DNA's for the mob that exists noplace else? Land owners should need a permit not just a big pocketbook.. :rolleyes:

destroying the unique DNA will just eliminate an option you have on the use of the Dome. unless you have plans to put a specific DNA in its place that you know will generate you peds, leave it. it wont hurt anything to have the DNA at min settings and numbers. this gives you the option to use the DNA in the future for an event or to axe it at a later time

I say destroy it cause you really already did by removing the 2 dna's. It's never going to be a good spawn and will only be an annoyance. I would stick to what you say and make it a miners dome. Only thing i would do is put something thats small and drop the hunting tax. That way people will kill them and not thing they are wasting so much and you may just get a little boost with a good loot for it.

I say destroy it cause you really already did by removing the 2 dna's. It's never going to be a good spawn and will only be an annoyance. I would stick to what you say and make it a miners dome. Only thing i would do is put something thats small and drop the hunting tax. That way people will kill them and not thing they are wasting so much and you may just get a little boost with a good loot for it.

Agreed. The other 2 DNA have been destroyed so the damage has already been done.

I did enjoy killing capero年

Agreed. The other 2 DNA have been destroyed so the damage has already been done.

Ah, I didn't realise this. Killing the first 2 DNA made it pretty much pointless for hunting anyway. May as well kill the last too, it's pretty much useless on its own, and those of us who like to hunt them from time to time have more chance MA will recreate them somewhere else.

Seems a waste though, why did you buy a dome with a unique DNA? Surely you've killed some of the value of your dome by exterminating it?

Kill it and hope it will help MA make the decision to drop more DNA of all types to increase the value of land areas.

Tell MA you deleted them by accident and maybe they will give you 2 tradeable DNAs. Wouldn't be the first time MA amended their rules because you did something really stupid.

Tell MA you deleted them by accident and maybe they will give you 2 tradeable DNAs. Wouldn't be the first time MA amended their rules because you did something really stupid.

LMFAO!!!!

You've pretty much destory'd them. But u could save them atleast to see what happens about the other 2 DNA's u've destory'd

its getting more and moire pointless, and yes one dna is enough to have party time should i put max numbers..

Status
Back