TP fee...

Lerp

Provider
My ideas are not well liked. I get -reps for them at times.
This one Im sure will upset a few.
I only make suggestions because I believe Entropia to be a real place and real places have rules.
Such as nothing comes for nothing.

Teliports.

They should not be free. It hurts the growth of peds.

What if a fast food restruant allways gave away good food at every location on earth.
It would hurt people who try and make money in food.

Charge 25 pec or something. 10 pec even. Just charge for a TP.

I only make suggestions because I believe Entropia to be a real place and real places have rules.

Teliports.

What if a fast food restruant allways gave away good food at every location on earth.

greed is ugly, you show alot of it.

people actually play entropia, you should try it.

Any bets when he is banned? :nutkick::popcorn:

If your gonna be such a DA about question like this, then don't post. Why in the hell would they even do that?

Indeed.... another minus rep.

1) Entropia is not a real place. It is a fictional world, created by a company.
2) There is not a single reason why any form of travel (which is nothing more than a few bits from one server to another) to cost money in the world of Entropia, which isn't bound by physical laws.
3) it is bad enough as it is that planetary travel costs. TP-cost is just a show of utter greed.
4) Remember, this is supposed to be entertainment, a way to flee from RL. Not to be worse than it.

I hold a deed, so I am entitled to a share of all revenues. I say no to increasing those revenues in the way you propose. Why? It is a short term grab of cash, but a longrun gamekiller.

Teliports.

You could add a coin dispenser to your front door so every time you have to open it, you pay $1. Someone collects it monthly.

Your idea is about as popular as the above would be.

Once again Ermik covered all my points :)

I have never charged anyone for a ride.
I dont plan too.

Entropia is not a real place but you do play it as thoe it is.
So do others. Its called Imagination. It what makes games fun.

Some people want to run a taxi service. Thoes people would find more enjoyment if they had more costomers.

Same goes for you naysayers.
What ever your trade is, if MA did not offer it for free in others areas then you would get more costomers.
Every player would make alittle more ped or at least get more costomers.
MA would not but in the end they would have a larger group of players.

Not everyone is here to pull a one arm bandit. To think that way is narrow minded.
Sometimes you have to spend money in areas in order to see money retruned in other areas.

How many taxi services did you see when vehicles first came out.
10 times what I hear in TP today.
Thoes people were Disillusioned and in some cases no longer play.
At the least they dont have the trade they wanted.

If you think it would cost you more you are correct and wrong.
You would pay in this area but your area of trade would grow from the same concept of trade freedom

Dont let MA steal all your trades.

Teliports.

Is this a joke? surly you cant belive this is a good idea??

I think you should give me 1 PED for every word you write.

This just makes people not wanna use it. And it makes people think bad about entropia and think that MA are just money stealers (Which already are so dont make it worse).

This just makes people not wanna use it. And it makes people think bad about entropia and think that MA are just money stealers (Which already are so dont make it worse).

Oh for gosh sake. MA is not money stealers. They are a goverment in a world that is as of yet unfinished.
I must admit there is a dictator who rules our world. He did not understand how a society works.

I use the word work because that is what all my threads are about. The creation of jobs. Its a good universe.
It needs to be thought of as a real place. A place were people work and live.

This enters a war zone called politics. I think the goverment of Entropia should not run companys.
They should tax trades but not run them.
If they run them it steals jobs from us. Jobs are why we are here because we want to play at a pretend job in a pretend universe. We want to hunt mine craft and yes all the little jobs you dont think about.
Shops Taxi the list goes on and on.

The jobs the poeple want who cant deposite are allready here!
We just need to get the goverment out of the trade and open it up for us.

You will find thoes nondepositers will find a way to deposite to build thoes silent trades.
If I had my way I would kill all the teliporters I would make a total change to the auction house. I would tax all the lands.

Sounds like harsh things to do. Yes it would.
How would you feel in life if I told you I would not allow free food or free rent or free travel.
You would hate me for it.

In the long run the circulation of money makes money. If you kill the trades you kill the circulations.

If I had my way I would kill all the teliporters I would make a total change to the auction house. I would tax all the lands.

Thank god you dont run things.

Why so few? Lets charge 100 ped per jump, it's 1000 times better for the economy than 10 pec! :silly2:
You will find thoes nondepositers will find a way to deposite
Or rather will find a way out of the game. 25 pec is way less than the cost of one shot from my gun but even I'd consider leaving because the very existence of such fees would be a sign that the game is lethally ill.

It's funny how differently people see the "better good" for this world and it's economy. While some believe that the salvation is in greater range of free activities, others want to tax everything up to the air. Both ideas I see as extremes that would cause more harm than benefit but the former at least has my sympathies.

Why do you think that taking PEDs of game would make them grow?

It's pretty simple dude...a TP fee goes straight to MA. Meaning it's not in game anymore. What is so hard for you to understand?

When you want to fill a bathtub with water...do you leave the drain open or closed? Because you're saying it should be open.

Last edited:
I don't understand thing that would take PEDs out of game would make them grow?

It's pretty simple dude...a TP fee goes straight to MA. Meaning it's not in game anymore. What is so hard for you to understand?

When you want to fill a bathtub with water...do you leave the drain open or closed? Because you're saying it should be open.

lol so true....

None of your arguements have stuck... I suggest you throw it on yourself...
If MA charges people to TP through servers, those pecs go to MA straight..

You could add a coin dispenser to your front door so every time you have to open it, you pay $1. Someone collects it monthly.

Your idea is about as popular as the above would be.

Haha. I bet he would climb in and out the window to avoid the fee though...:wave:

..97words..

I think you should give me 1 PED for every word you write.

So now from your first post you owe Hijacker 97peds and then you should pay me 48% tax and other fees on that so now you owe us 143,56ped.

If Hijacker agrees he can collect my tax from you too when you pay him as I'm off world atm...

(fun yet? if not hire a ghost writer to write your posts)

Last edited:
Why do you think that taking PEDs of game would make them grow?

I believe a fee on the Teliports would cause less people to use teliports and buy more oil.
Oil comes from players.

Also a fee on the teliports would cause more people to pay for a taxi.
This would be a job for many players. Who could pay for such taxi by way of the oil they sell.

The price for vehicles is far to low. Why would it cost more to buy a shirt then it does to buy a flying vehicle.

The game is good, MA is good, the players are good. The price of things is messed up.
fix this and you will see the trades grow MA will make its money by more happy players but they will need new servers to hold them all. So many trades are unused by way of corrupted prices.

The price of things is messed up.

You do know the world is kind of in a recession, right? Prices of things are "messed up" because the ingame economy is tied to real life economy. Also supply and demand fits in somewhere with less people wanting something and the price goes down, more people wanting pies and demand for the pastry goes through the roof.

I believe a fee on the Teliports would cause less people to use teliports and buy more oil.
Oil comes from players.

This would be a job for many players. Who could pay for such taxi by way of the oil they sell.

The price for vehicles is far to low. Why would it cost more to buy a shirt then it does to buy a flying vehicle.

The game is good, MA is good, the players are good. The price of things is messed up.
fix this and you will see the trades grow MA will make its money by more happy players but they will need new servers to hold them all. So many trades are unused by way of corrupted prices.

Why in the fuck should we pay for some gay ass taxi???

Even a year ago, when vehicles were quite rare and cost many hundreds of peds (back in Oct 2010 my Sleipnir cost me almost twice of what the Quads cost today), most decent people did tp runs for free. It never was about profit, it's about helpfulness of the community, one of the most amazing aspects of this game.

Personally I enjoy to fly new people to new places (for free, of course), it's just the same pleasure as to watch your favorite movie with someone who haven't seen it yet :). And when I see that some ass extorting sweat from poor noobs at the Swamp for a simple flight, I enjoy even more to take his "customers" with me on a free ride :D

Personally I enjoy to fly new people to new places (for free, of course), it's just the same pleasure as to watch your favorite movie with someone who haven't seen it yet :). And when I see that some ass extorting sweat from poor noobs at the Swamp for a simple flight, I enjoy even more to take his "customers" with me on a free ride :D

+1 rep:wtg:

Oil comes from players.

Allow me to highlight some of the problems that would be caused by your suggestion and you will (hopefully) see why the creation of a handful of jobs would be heavily outweighed by some big problems.

1. Travel times would increase steeply. Lots of Entropia players also have full-time jobs and thus only spend at most just a few hours in game during the day. A change like this would cause those people to spend perhaps half of their time in game traveling. I can't imagine spending half my time in game traveling - not skilling, not getting loot, but just traveling.

2. TP fees would cause the economy to nosedive. Since people would be spending so much more time traveling, they would not be cycling PEDs during that time. Sure, oil is provided by players, but without firing a gun, taking armor decay, burning up mining amps, etc., the fact is that PEDs are going to be cycled a heck of a lot slower. That would create a big problem, because the biggest need in order for the economy to flourish is for PEDs to be traded between players. If players are spending less time hunting, mining, and crafting, they have less reason to exchanged PEDs in the form of limited tools, amps, loot, etc. Consequently, markups would decline as demand for all goods would diminish.

3. In order to create jobs, the fee would have to be much higher than you suggest. If the goal of this is to create more jobs in the form of taxi services, the TP fee would have to be higher than taxis charge. That means the fee would have to be at least 5 PED. Who would even use teleporters with that kind of fee? Those with huge PED cards, maybe - but as others have suggested, MindArk would just be made to look greedy, and no one would get the impression that they are trying to get jobs. I don't believe MindArk's reputation is great as it is, and it doesn't need to get worse right now.

4. Society/team activity would suffer greatly. As you may have noticed, a lot of people enjoy hunting in teams. Sometimes this is done for the sake of taking out bigger mobs than each team member can handle alone, but sometimes it is done purely as a social activity. Since everyone has different schedules, sometimes team hunts are only possible at one time during the day for each group. That creates a big problem when everyone has to spend a half hour or more to get to their hunting spot. I suppose it's possible that everyone could arrange to be at a certain spot when they all log in, but if anyone forgets, they might be SOL when it comes time for a team hunt. This would really hurt the social aspect of Entropia, and many people play it primarily for the social aspect. When these people start being unable to participate in their social team hunts, there may be nothing left in Entropia for them to enjoy. The last thing we need is fewer players.

I understand what you are saying, but the benefit from such an idea simply does not outweigh the potential problems.

Lol I pay "The Grinding Halt" my money for a decent Double Shot Latte every morning, but would never to Teleport:scratch2::coffee::trout:

This is a game, not a fucking communist state. Not everything has to cost money to do in order to 'give someone a job'. Every suggestion you have made so far will impede someone's game-play in order to further your own greedy desires, and will only lead to people leaving the game. They're here to have fun, NOT TO MAKE YOU MONEY.

Go get a real job.

Teliports.

Lol well it should make opportunity to "pay if u want Fee". goodluck paying

The more i read your posts, the more i think your an asshole. But thats just me. Please forgive me mods, it had to come out. . . .

Back