News: UI Hotfixes Report (Week 9)

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
February 27

• Added function to be able to use action bars bound actions and items with the bar hidden
  • Nameplates should now show the Society correctly
  • The notification UI (Location banner) was adjusted to avoid getting stuck as often. (We are working on a future fix to completely unstuck the notification UI)

February 29

• The crosshair no longer changes color when aiming at players
  • It is now possible to bind loadouts in the Actions UI and place them on the Action Bar. (We are working on a future fix to correct the issue of deleted loadouts not getting removed correctly from the Action Bar)

We're actively developing UI fixes for Tuesday downtime next week and appreciate the valuable feedback and bug reports we've received. Our goal is to craft a user interface that enhances everyone's experience. We appreciate your continued support!

Originally Posted Here

The crosshair no longer changes color when aiming at players

Thanks god.At least now it might require more for cheaters to build another 100% aimbot for pvp.
Thank you.

Thanks god.At least now it might require more for cheaters to build another 100% aimbot for pvp.
Thank you.
I don't want to help someone.

Last edited:
The "run to target" behavior still seems way too sticky, I can't stop my avatar once it has started running towards anything. Makes hunting very hard in mixed or high level spawns.

Please and thank you.

You can interrupt shooting by turning away from the target, and you can interrupt any other action by clicking left and right mouse buttons at once... but I believe they are looking into making it easier to interrupt.

You can interrupt shooting by turning away from the target, and you can interrupt any other action by clicking left and right mouse buttons at once... but I believe they are looking into making it easier to interrupt.
Very happy to hear this, keep em coming! :D

Don't you think the running should stop the moment I press any directional key? (WASD).

That was the case with the old UI, I've no idea why the team changed it.

Thank you for allowing us to add loadouts to Actions Bars. However, they still don't wok quite how they used to.

In the former UI when you activated an "Equipped" loadout it would override whatever else was equipped (unequipping items as necessary). In the new UI you need to manually unequip the current loadout before equipping a new loadout if you don't want part of the old loadout to left equipped.

Pretty sure the aimbot is built on geometry rather than a red sight tbh. So i dont see how this is better.
I am pretty sure its built on color change because its easy vs other options but you are probably right.I am sorry.

I am pretty sure its built on color change because its easy vs other options but you are probably right.I am sorry.

Edit: I really hope this was not an attempt at mitigating aimbots, that would be really worrisome.

Last edited:
Well think about it, how would an aimbot snap to a target before the sight turns red? Aimbots are built on basic geometry.

Edit: I really hope this was not an attempt at mitigating aimbots, that would be really worrisome.

You both talking bout slightly different things.

A aimbot snaps to the target as we see in CoD and many FPS games. The aim tracks the target. The action to shoot might be on the player or the software to execute.

What most people use is a trigger bot created with a macro script and OCR to detect when the reticle turn red. Wiggle your mouse around the target and the script will do the shooting for you. in PvP this is a huge advantage.

You both talking bout slightly different things.

A aimbot snaps to the target as we see in CoD and many FPS games. The aim tracks the target. The action to shoot might be on the player or the software to execute.

What most people use is a trigger bot created with a macro script and OCR to detect when the reticle turn red. Wiggle your mouse around the target and the script will do the shooting for you. in PvP this is a huge advantage.

Last edited:
Why would you ever build a program that requires you to, hopefully, mouse over a target to shoot instead of having one target it for you? Especially when it would be easier.
Triggerbots are harder to detect

When you use "TAB" to cycle chat channels the chat input loses focus, this makes the very common action of "switch channel and start typing" very cumbersome.

This is another thing that worked perfectly in the old UI, chat input was NOT lost when cycling channels.

The "run to target" behavior still seems way too sticky, I can't stop my avatar once it has started running towards anything. Makes hunting very hard in mixed or high level spawns.

Please and thank you.
This is the target selection code - it should run differently. It has to break when pressing the move back button (S key) instead of staying locked on.

The opposite issue is in the teleport chip code - it should break the focus lock when I try to equip another item. The only way to break the teleport focus is to move? Makes no sense!! PLEASE FIX THIS.

Selecting targets is another problem - the code should select the nearest one and not the furthest!! It should select the damaged mob and not the other players damaged mob. It should select the one behind you that you can't see and also the ones that can be seen from your avatars position but not the camera position. Needs a rework.

Please and thank you.
I have the auto use action mapped to my shift key and found that clicking that (basically turning off auto use) stops my juggernaut run.

Don't you think the running should stop the moment I press any directional key? (WASD).

This is how it works for me

Oh ok. I mark the target with a right click of the mouse button, the avatar starts running and can be stopped with the wasd buttons.

That was the case with the old UI, I've no idea why the team changed it.
I don't think so. A and D kept me running, only W and S stopped the auto-run. And to me that's fine.

Back