Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
Mouse wheel scrolling in any chat boxes doesn't work properly.

As you scroll up in a chat box to read older messages, it fights against you and alwyas goes to the bottom even if no new messages entered the box.

Very annoying and makes it difficult to read back.

"Property Value" at the top of auction, what does this mean? If it is what I think it is, I am baffled....... Come on!!!!!!!

It's the same text/words that was on top of the auction window in the old UI.

We may perhaps make it larger or something, if people find it confusing?

It looks like its part of the item. In the past, there was different color, size, window for it...

Now it looks like a programming error.

Why have it at all?

I believe making it bold and slightly larger would make it appear as a column header:

In the old UI it looked like a header:
FKGqvfo.png

Feedback
  • Tagger does not lock on
Description:
  • Current: With weapon equipped and clicking on mob does not shoot at clicked mob.
  • Suggested: Make any mob you click while weapon equipped accept as locked target.
  • Reason: This is important when attempting to tag a certain mob , whereas currently it selects the dirt.
  • Reason 2: Even when using interact into a crowd , it will not lock onto mob that has mouse on the mob , but instead shoots closest.

Feedback
  • Chat channel list does not scroll down.
Description:
  • Current: Chat channels are in alphabetical order , and am not able to scroll to the bottom.
  • Suggested: Allow scroll to go down to bottom , or allow them to propagate sideways.
  • Reason: As it stands now , I have channels I cannot change the color and they are channels in Pink , where my old color blind eyes cannot read. I have been successful deleting some channels , but they stay on the list regardless.

Feedback
  • Multi monitor (not game breaking but really annoying)
Description:
  • Moving the cursor to another monitor and scrolling makes the game zoom and in out. It was not like this before. Now you have to click the browser on the other monitor before scrolling for EU to not react to the mouse wheel.

Feedback

Windows scale % impacts maximum resolution
(Possibly OS specific issue to Win 11?)

Description

I had windows display scaling set to 125%, and this limited my maximum resolution to 1536.
Setting scaling to 100% let's me go back to my full possible resolution (1920)

Game should bypass this resolution limit based on the windows display scaling factor.

Last edited:
When changing between different computers and monitors, all the window positioning gets messed up when chaging resolutions.

Solution would be to allow for window positioning of UI elements to be saved as a profile so you can easily switch between computers without having to spend 5 minutes moving everything every time you change machines.

Sorry, could you clarify what you mean with this? Thanks!
avalonis said:

make the coordinates of the movement on the radar as it was before

--------------

Maybe this could explain it:

Bottom left ist the place for the new coordinates from the radar. They are in a very small font and because of the transparency barley or not readable at all.
If you would change the place for the radar zoom icons to the opposite side(red) then you would have a big space(yellow and green) to place the coordinates and even use a bigger font

index.php

Here a Picture of the old Radar, Position of coordinates and font size:

index.php

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks for the shop UI update! Pricing is so much easier now that we can type in numbers instead of having to click the dial.

Feedback
  • Title: Space Map
Description:
  • Current: Space Map still 2-D.
  • Suggested: Make the Space Map 3-D.
  • Reason: Because space is 3-D.

Feedback
  • Tagger does not lock on
Description:
  • Current: With weapon equipped and clicking on mob does not shoot at clicked mob.
  • Suggested: Make any mob you click while weapon equipped accept as locked target.
  • Reason: This is important when attempting to tag a certain mob , whereas currently it selects the dirt.
  • Reason 2: Even when using interact into a crowd , it will not lock onto mob that has mouse on the mob , but instead shoots closest.
YES 🙏👍👍

Dubble right click on mob locks target and starts interact with equiped weapon.

Dubble right click on mob locks target and starts interact with equiped weapon.
Why double, why not one?

Why not left click or ability to bind it?

Majority of interaction req left click?

Why not this one?

please do it again, I ask you to take out the pages of a notebook and a portable portable repairman

previously, if you wrote to the chat group- I saw- flashing- and now- you need to open the chat in length to see the whole point burning, it's inconvenient.

when the hunter approaches the creature, the strip of life goes to the top inconveniently- do as before so that it is slightly higher than the creature

and all the windows could be adjusted by themselves for transparency and there will be a TOP!

Last edited:
Feedback: Options window pops up when I get a mining claim. This might be due to a setting on my game, but I can't work out what.

Feedback
  • Title: Lack of proper contrast ratio between text and background cause headache
Description:
  • Current: Text to background ratio should be better to increase text visibility
  • Suggested: Fire designer who came up to this idea immediately, and hire someone that just finished high school, or has a few weeks of experience working at McDonalds
  • Reason: Headache after 5 - 15 minutes of mining
Screenshots:

Looking at these causes headache after 15 minutes of playing (usually 5 minutes but today i managed 15 minutes)
index.php

index.php

Text not highlighted with an arrow too small.
Colors makes no sense, i can't see anything literally.
index.php

Nope. Tested it just now and it's broken.

I have more than enough range, this happens with my tagger too, and repeatedly clicking the bound key does no damage (even though the animation kicks in, and the sound too).

And when I press "F" without moving from the same position it magically starts dealing damage.

Plus the crosshair is red at all times, so even the game is telling me I'm in range of my target.

Something is 100% not working as intended.

@Ludvig|MindArk

This…please.
I’ve seen it happen with my arson chip, sometimes it will cast and just say out of range…. My sword… ‘Swing’ “out of range” then he will move into range, even my tagger, I’ll pull it out and it will shoot and say “out of range” before my character moves into range.

Feedback
  • Title: Lack of proper contrast ratio between text and background cause headache
I would like to add to this. The tracked mission info is probably the most painful example, but there are other areas. It is obvious that it was attempted to make overlay text readable on any background, bright or dark or contrastful, by adding a shadow to the text. The thickness of this shadow is insufficient to make this viable. As seen on the screenshot, the header texts are fine since they got the bar shadow, but the actual info that matters is strenuouos to discern depending on background. It seems counterintuitive that this was not perceived in pre-release testing.

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/Nps44ch

• Title: Backup links don't work
Description:
  • Current: Links from backups are not clickable
  • Suggested: Links from backups on notes should be clickable
  • Reason: made backups in onedrive on word and after i paste them on new notes they no longer work
Still an issue

Counting wrong
11500 are 230*50(0,02pec /click) but in this fap are 6 eco enhancers so not correct math only noob math used not enhancers in calculation taken into account

Title: Why?

Description: Did the UI designers you subbed this project to actually play the game? I'm asking because the last UI update you did several years back to freshen up the game yielded the same results of unhappy players and broken code. The camera rotation in space is still broken from the last update, you literally have to hot button the camera twice to get it to zero out again. Just saying instead of all the unnecessary UI changes every several years maybe let's just fix what's already broken first.

Humans are creatures of habit and don't like change.^^

I have now hunted for the first time and a few things bother me while playing.

Firstly, I would like to reassign my weapons to the number keys. Clicking on the action bar with the mouse sometimes takes too long and distracts from the mob. How can I do that?

The name of the mob should not be displayed in white but in another easy-to-read colour, just like the loot.
I would also like the types of ammunition to have different colours and the amount in a different colour that is easy to read

The life bar of the mob is in the foreground and distracts from the mob itself.

As the visuals are now, playing is extremely tiring for the eyes. This definitely needs to be improved.

Feedback
  • Title: Textures load weird since UI update
Description:
  • Current: See screenshot. All settings on High or more. Never saw this before the UI update.
  • Suggested: Proper loading of textures
  • Reason: I like proper textures
Screenshots:

Status
Back